Start by marking “Touching Jace (Devereaux Billionaires, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touching Jace (Devereaux Billionaires, #1)

Touching Jace

(Devereaux Billionaires #1)

STAND ALONE CONTEMPORARY BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE

***For a limited time, you can get a bonus scene from Teaching The Boss FREE & the Cross Falls Series Part One novella: Falling Secrets FREE - click here to find out more > www.mallorycrowe.com/free.html (just copy and paste into your browser)***

Billionaire heiress Emma Devaroux has been living a safe-yet-mundane existen
Published June 19th 2015 by Sprinters Press

To ask other readers questions about Touching Jace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Jace

Pamela(AllHoney)
The first in the Devereaux Billionaires and the fourth in the Billionaires in the City series by Mallory Crowe. Emma Devereaux comes to New York to find out what happened to cause her sister, Joslyn, to attempt murder. She runs into Security Consultant Jace Lance and hires him to help. Emma is staying with her cousins, Michael and Luke, who want to know everything she does and when she hires Jace, they secretly hire him too. Jace had worked for the woman that Emma's sister tried to kill but it w ...more
Sandy S
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 19, 2015

Billionaire heiress Emma Devaroux has been living a safe-yet-mundane existence in Georgia for too long, but when she learns her sister, Joslyn, has been arrested, she heads to New York City to find out what really happened. Unfortunately, as an unemployed debutante, she’s not exactly qualified to be leading an investigation. But help is at hand in the form of the handsome, former military man Jace Lance who happens to be the one who got her sister arrest
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Actual rating 3.5

Once again this broke away from the pattern of the previous books. Whilst it followed the same line as book 3, whereby the woman was the one who had the money, there was no corporate/business side to things. Emma is wealthy from inheritance and it made for a nice change of pace I think.

Trusting the Boss is my favourite of the whole series. I know I've said this with every book since Teasing the Boss, but in my opinion the writing and plots became better as the series went on.

I
Allyson Morris
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75 stars :)

It was cute, had some suspense and had some sexy scenes. I just couldn't get pass how "silly" Emma was but I will continue to read the series.
Atlanta Whitlock
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma Deveraux has come to New York because she wants to know what actually happened between her sister Joslyn and Victoria Green. She heads to the building where Victoria Green works and even though she thinks that she is probably crazy for even attempting to get to speak with her she does end up meeting Jace, he has worked in the building for a bit and he happened to be there the night Emma's sister tried to kill Victoria. Even though Emma doesn't exactly know who Jace is she asks him for a bus ...more
Anna
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Emma Devaroux is an heiress who has been earning multiple college degrees while trying to decide on a future for herself. Her sister is arrested for attempted murder, and Emma feels that she must go to New York and figure out what happened. She comes into contact with Jace, who she hires to help her with her investigation. Jace was involved in her sister's arrest, and in addition to his investigating skills, has first-hand information about what happened. As they begin to work together, it becom ...more
Linda Walters
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a pretty good story, seemed like I just flew through the pages. I liked the main characters and some of their interesting conversations. Even her two cousins added to the story, Luke, her controlling, I know best cousin and the tech savvy Michael.
I really enjoyed it. Even when Emma finally got mad at her cousin, Luke and was leaving, they had a somewhat intense standoff. She is leaving to go back to Georgia (home) and when he questions her, basically, really you're flying to Georgia? She
Sherri Hayes
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always know when I pick up a Mallory Crowe book that I'm always going to get a great story.

Touching Jace introduces readers to the Devereaux family and a mystery that surrounds Emma's sister. Emma enlists the help of an ex-SEAL, Jace, in order to find out what led to her sister trying to murder one of the richest women in New York. He's reluctant at first, but it doesn't take long for sparks to fly between these two.

This was a fast paced romance. Everything happen quickly, including the feelin
R
I really enjoyed this book until the last chapter, I can only say, no cliffy, but wtf a little info, anything. But I did really enjoy the book.
Erica
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
There was a good romance, but the plot had so many random things thrown in with resolutions that didn't quite satisfy.
Lisamarie
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Emma is such a strong and determined woman and Jace does whatever he needs to keep her safe. Can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
Bobbi
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Touching Jace" is the first book in the "Devereaux Billionaires" series, by Mallory Crowe. I was gifted the three book set and I'm voluntarily giving my honest review. I understand that this story is also book #4 in the Billionaires in the city series.
The most important thing in a book for me is the characters. I fell in love with Emma and Jace pretty quickly. The storyline kept you guessing. I can't wait to read more.
The next book in the series is "Trusting Michael" one of Emma's two cousins i
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Not so excited with this story
Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 4 out of 5 stars
Story 3 out of 5 stars

Jace was interesting for the full thirty seconds of seeing him rescue Victoria, but did he warrant his own story. I just did not see him that way. Then I get to the young heiress. I was not so sure about her either. She seem to not think things through until after the fact.

Reid Kerr gets credit here again. He made the story come to life and lifted it up from a mediocre read/listen.
Mella
Not the worst book I've ever read but not the best either. It was alright, characters and plot were all boring. Characters were flat and the plot ended with too many loose ends. There was no real motive or explanation for what happened. Or how it was solved. I won't continue with the series.
Karry
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Read!

This was a very Nancy Drew meets sexy, special forces type, Hardy boy kind of book. It was thrilling and hot all at the same time. The writing and editing was truly well done. It was an incredibly refreshing read!
Hbeebti
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Not my favorite from this author, but it was still very good. Jace and Emma were a great couple. I enjoyed the slow romance and mystery. Although the action was on the light side for me. Im looking forward to more books in this series.
Melissa Swafford
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series and this author. Have read every book in the series up to number 5 and am eagerly awaiting the next installment. Love the suspense, the romance, the sexual tension and the characters. Both characters are well developed and believable.
Kim
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was so so...yup that's all I got
Lorie Varner
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jace

I really liked this book. Jace I loved! I really limed Emma too! Opposites do attract! I will be reading more from this author.
Lyns
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting characters with the poor rich girl having an angle that is definitely not cliche.
Mary E
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I enjoyed the characters and the story line. It had some interesting twists and turn that held my attention and kept me engaged.
Cynthia
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

Emma is in NY trying to figure out why her sister tried to kill somebody. Her cousins don't want her investigating. Jace was the bodyguard, but is reluctant to help her.
Amberlie  Owens
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

This was a great start and introduction to the Devereaux Clan. I love Emma and Have and can't wait to read more of this family
J
Mar 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
The book doesn't matter. It had no answer to any of the many questions there was.
Tracy Gray
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
An unexpected love story brings Emma and Jace into each other's lives. Emma wants answers whilst Jace is the distraction. Chemistry starts to bubble over whilst answers she is looking for don't appear. Found the story slightly lacking in focus. But on the whole I enjoyed it.
Mariah
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Loose ends

I liked the characters and the story line but I have no idea what happened with her sister or why and I have no idea who was after her or why... Disappointing.
Lisa
Nov 07, 2015 added it
I received a complimentary book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Even though this is the first time that I have read anything about this author, I started this book with a good feeling. First of all, it is a romantic suspense which is my go-to genre. And secondly, the summary sounded very interesting. I can honestly say that I was definitely not disappointed.

Billionaire heiress Emma Devereaux lives in Georgia where she lives a well-mannered, civilized life. Her older sister, Josl
Sharon M.
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are three reasons Jace Lance decided to help Emma Devereaux: she's paying him, her cousins are paying him to hide some information from Emma, and he can protect his former client, Victoria.

But things change with the first kiss. Jace realizes just how much things have changed when Emma is put in danger. But can Jace save Emma and will she be able to forgive Jace for lying to her? Read the book and find out. It is a great story.
Lorraine Joy
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my second “role reversal” book in this series. I really didn’t like the last book because I thought the heroine was rude and unlovable. This book is kind of a follow up to the last one and will spoil the mystery in the last book if you haven’t read that one. So, stop reading now if you want to read the last book. The heroine in this book, Emma, is the wealthy “boss” character and Jace is a security expert who assists her in finding out why her sister went batsh!t crazy. Jace is initially ...more
Bev
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this ebook free for an honest review.

Firstly, for those who care about such things, there are some sex scenes, a touch of coarse language but no cliff-hanger and no proof-reading mistakes that I noticed. Although as a public service announcement, I suggest anyone reading this Google “cut and dry” and you will find that you get more responses saying “cut and dried”. Just sayin’!

The synopsis of this book about a naïve heiress, Emma, and the alpha former SEAL security guy, Jace, can be f
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hideaway Cove (Windfall Island, #2)
  • Gabe (In the Company of Snipers, #8)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Jason (The Single Daddy Club #2)
  • The Burnside Mystery Series, Boxed Set #1 (Books 1-3)
  • Special Agent Kandice (Undercover FBI, #4)
  • The Billionaire's Assistant - Part 1 (Taming The Bad Boy Billionaire #1)
  • A Touch Of Magic
  • Carter (The Sinner Saints, #1)
  • Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6; The Precinct #22)
  • Safe in His Arms
  • Raid on Afghanistan (SEAL Team Bravo: Black Ops #1)
  • Ripped!
  • Alex Reid (Rich & Single, #1)
  • Billionaire's Protest
  • The Warriors Series Boxset I (Warriors #1-4)
  • Torn (Lords of the City, #1)
  • Fixated (Billionaire's Infatuation, #1)
Mallory Crowe has lived in Michigan her whole life and has been in love with romance ever since she'd skip to the end of every novel, just to make sure the hero and heroine survived and ended up together. She lives with her husband and three dogs. When she's not writing, she's spending too much time in front of the TV, hiking, or working with various animal rescues.

Devereaux Billionaires (4 books)
  • Trusting Michael (Devereaux Billionaires, #2; Billionaires in the City, #5)
  • Testing Luke (Devereaux Billionaires, #3; Billionaires in the City, #6)
  • Taming Rourke (Devereaux Billionaires, #4; Billionaires in the City, #7)