Start by marking “Act of Mercy (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #1)” as Want to Read:
Act of Mercy (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #1)

Act of Mercy

(Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops #1)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00I4BXYXC.

PSI-Ops Series is a spin-off series to the Immortal Ops World.

Book One in the PSI-Ops Series.
Paranormal Shifter Military Special Ops Romance

Paranormal Security and Intelligence Operative Duke Marlow has a new mission: find, interrogate and possibly eliminate the target—Mercy Deluca. He knows looks ca
Published March 3rd 2014 by The Raven Books (first published March 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Act of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Act of Mercy

Start your review of Act of Mercy (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #1)
Jilly
Okay, this is an exact quote from my last review:

If I have to read about one more alpha caveman playboy asshole who only falls in love with the snowflake virgin girl who saved herself just for him, I will probably puke. .

Now, here are a few quotes from this book:

The guy's name is Duke. He's a werewolf shifter.
"Want to talk about a ladies' man," Striker said, pointing to Duke. "Right there. Big time."
Duke wore the label with pride.

Regarding how much respect he felt for the thousands of wom
Candace
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy and Duke

Dr. Mercy Deluca is a scientist at Donavon Dynamics Corporation, Paris. When she witnesses the abuse Test Subject 87P suffers, she follows his instructions and contacts the Paranormal Security and Intelligence Operation (PSI-Ops). Corbin Jones, head of PSI-Ops, and operatives Duke Marlow, Striker McCracken and Boomer Walsh arrive just in time to save Mercy from assassins. Duke realizes immediately that Mercy is his mate. Mercy just knows she is seriously attracted to him.

Corbin an
Jacqueline J
Fun quick paranormal romance. The chirpy heroine was fun. I liked the way she babble when she was nervous. The grumpy hero was fun too. I felt the paranormal world could have been developed a bit more but what was there was clear enough. The fated mates thing was OTT in a fun way. I could have done without the heroine being quite so babbly about (view spoiler) ...more
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Funny. One of the better books in this series. I liked the quirky geekiness of Mercy and Duke's grouchy attitude of hating everything and everyone. Much more of a plot as well.
Christa
If this book hadn’t been funny I probably wouldn’t have finished it.

But it was funny, I really enjoyed it, and it’s free right now on kindle.

So what are you waiting for?

Anyways, Duke is our alpha male wolf who is part of a super secret paranormal military team. His interactions with his unit made the book for me. All the men on his team are shifters. One of their own has gone missing, and they receive intel to recover him.

Mercy is a scientist who discovers too late she’s working for an evil c
itsmeesahara❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Duke and Mercy

First book for the Immortal PSI-OPS, Act of Mercy

I originally thought that Duke and his team will be the same as the I-Ops but they aren't.. There may be similarities but you can still see that they are different and this series meant they have something to offer that will get you more hooked in the Immortal Ops Universe. 😲😲😲😲

Mercy is too funny, the way she babbled when she is nervous or stressed. The questions that came out of her mouth was so hilarious.. 😂😂

Fave Quote:
“C
April
I read the Immortal Ops series a few years ago, well the first few books. I thought I would be fine reading this one as it is a side series, I really should have read the remaining books in the other series first. There are spoilers here if you have not read them.

This is the other team that does basically the same work as Immortal Ops. just more born shifters here. Plus these guys have been around much longer. They have a great dynamic and banter as a team. I can not wait to read all of them fin
Michelle Relta
Awesome sauce !!!

Mercy and Duke are freaking hilarious together reminds me of me and my husband awesome. I can't wait to find out more about the rest of the more ops team especially Boomer
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Duke Marlow works for Paranormal Security and Intelligence Operatives (PSI-Ops). He’s also an Alpha werewolf. Alive for a couple hundred years, he hates change. Well, he hates pretty much everything and everybody. Especially technology. When he and his team are sent to Paris to watch a Dr. Mercy Deluca, learn everything she knows about the capture and detention of a former teammate and then eliminate her, Duke takes one look at her picture and suddenly dec
Pam Nelson
3 Act of Mercy Stars

Hmm, I don’t really know how I feel. I loved Duke and his team. Their back and forth is what made the book for me. They are total guys ribbing back and forth. I like banter 100% of the time.

Mercy is a character I am not sure I like all the way, I think I need more time for her to grow on me. For this reason, I wished the book had been longer so we could really get a sense of who she is because I feel like we are missing out on a really great character.

Loved the narration.
Emalie
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads, reviewed
This was kind of fun. I went into it with pretty low expectations, so I am pleasantly surprised.

The one thing I can't believe though is that this book is supposed to have 410 pages according to Goodreads. Never! More like 200 pages, because I was done with this pretty quickly.
Beverly Laude
A great story if you love steamy sex involving shifters.

Dr. Mercy Deluca works for The Corporation, but doesn't realize what they are doing to animals and other creatures. When she meets Jimmy, she realizes that he will die if she doesn't do something to rescue him.

Enter PSI-Ops.....including Mercy's mate, Duke. Lots of testosterone involved in this one (to be expected from a shifter book). Mercy doesn't understand what is involved in being a shifter's mate, but she is soon to find out.

Lots of a
Stacie (Shy Book Nerd)
This book goes from super slow to everything happening at once! There is no in between here and it kind of threw me off. It was a entertaining read, I just wanted a little more history between the two main characters.
T.A. Moorman
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review and more can be seen at http://gothicmoms.blogspot.com/

Once readers pick this book up they will not be able to put it down until the very end. Non-stop action from one page to the next that will leave you questioning the advances that have been made in the name of science, and just how far some may be wiling to go to further it along even more.

Dr. Mercy Deluca has never had much of a social life nor any type of real family. Hopping along from one foster home after the next growing up
 Reading In Pajamas
ACT OF MERCY (Psi-Ops/Immortal Ops) by Mandy M. Roth
Publication Date: March 3, 2014
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars
Blog post: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-14B

REVIEW:
I loved how the Psi-Ops team bantered and interacted with each other. I laughed out loud several times and even though the dark menacing danger and action swirled around, I had a smile on my face. A very nice spin-off from the Immortal Ops series and I can’t wait to read about the others in the group. True to form, ther
Pam
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was looking through my books for something fun to read and came across Act of Mercy. I love Duke. So much fun. Actually, I loved all the characters. The perfect group. Fate picked the perfect mate in Mercy for Duke. The geek and the warrior who hates everything including computers. Perfect. Lots and lots of action. Which you would expect in a book of this type. Even though, that is not always the case. I always love Mandy Roth's books. So far she has not disappointed me. Always and adventure. ...more
Teri
2.5 stars, I think. Part of me wonders if I've just read too many of this type of story lately and I am growing bored with it. Insta-love is INCREDIBLY hard to pull off, even mates recognizing their other half is hard to pull off, so this just, I didn't really feel it. I liked the characters, the guys, the team. Mercy was kind of obnoxious, I know she's "brilliant" and "different" or whatever, but the conversations and stuff were like.... Whhhhhaaaaaa?
It is a pretty quick book, I think the auth
Toula
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal . Hero is Duke a werewolf shifter . Heroine is Mercy ( a doctor) she doesn't know that she has pixie in her . Duke and his men are going to France to save Jimmy , A shifter himself . There is a corporation that is experimenting with Shifters .
Yesenia Gonzalez
Great read funny too. I liked the guys and I liked mercy babbling stuff.
Dana Gold
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one! want to read more in the series but I have no way to get them right now, sad and frustrating...
if you have read this yet I recommend trying it out
Elizabeth McDaniel
Good reading

I enjoyed the characters in this book. I would recommend this book to others. It was as a fun, quirky read.
 ~V~
This was ok. I'm a huge lover of pnr so I'm def a reader that's able to suspend reality and I have no problem with insta love or ' soul mates'...in fact that is something that I kind of love about pnrs....the moment someone realizes they've met their fated one, especially if they're really old and have been searching forever! However, this one just moved too quickly in the romance department. I just don't think enough time was given to the building of any sort of friendship or getting to know ea ...more
Katrina
It was OK. Both main characters were so over the top that it was difficult to take them seriously, specially Mercy who was practically cartoonish as an absent - minded scientists. My nitpicks are for lack in consistency : if you set story in any country, use correct terminology, such as , the lady who was described as superintendent will be called concierge in France and adressed as Madame ( Mme) and not Mrs.
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
1.5 stars rounded up to 2 stars

IDK WTF IJR.

(I don't know what the fuck I just read.)

It appears to be the non-funny edition of Eve Langlis' F.U.C. series (furry united coalition) - and it was chock the fuck full of IDK WTF IJR. Plus a sprinkle of deus ex machina.
Mandi Schreiner
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Duke and his buddies are Paranormal and Security Intelligence (PSI) Operatives, kind of like cia/navy seals of the paranormal world. They have been alive for centuries. Duke is a lycan, but others in his unit are lion shifters or other animal shifters. There are also vampires and fae that roam this world, all a secret to the humans. We don't really dive too deep into world building in this one, so I don't really know how paranormals really live in the real world, we only see Duke and his unit to ...more
Erin
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this book! I just recently read the first Immortal Ops book by this author, and while I enjoyed it, it lacked story and character development. It was just too short to feel complete. This book, Act of Mercy, is what I wanted Immortal Ops to be. Act of Mercy still isn't a long book, but it's longer than what I would consider a novella. It's long enough for there to be decent story and character development.

Duke Marlow is a PSI Ops agent and an alpha wolf. He's grumpy mo
angelblue
Okay, seriously... just WOW! I loved this book! It has everything that I look for and love in a PNR, sexy, possessive alpha hero, quirky heroine, action, humor and sizzling chemistry. Act of Mercy has all that and more! Duke is grouchy, aggressive and flat out hot with a capital H. Mercy is brilliant, but absentminded and hilarious. These two make for a hilarious combination, toss in Duke's super smexy teammates and an evil corporation hell bent on creating their own enhanced superhuman army and ...more
J
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
The most positive aspect was the planting of many little seeds about each character, issues from their yet-to-be-told past, and current tensions and bonds among them. The ensemble cast works to some extent.

The greatest weakness of the back story was the limited attempt at describing any of the genetic testing or DNA-sequencing attempts. A more robust focus on Mercy's skills would have helped counterbalance the contrived scenes where she wilted into a damsel-in-distress cut-out doll.

There were a
Lorna
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, audiobook
Story 3/5 stars, Narration 3/5stars
Jane (PS)
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I haven't read any of the concurrent series that appear to tie in with this one, but I don't think it matters. I enjoyed this - it kept a good pace and had some interesting characters that can grow and morph. At 175pp it's more an introduction than a fully-fledged story. I'll probably continue when and if the mood strikes.

Well narrated Mason Lloyd.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • Brewing Trouble (Crow's Feet Coven Book 2)
  • Ice (Galaxy Alien Mail Order Brides, #4)
  • The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Warrior Prince (Dragon Lords, #4)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Love Potions (Warlocks MacGregor, #1)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • Spellbound (Warlocks MacGregor, #2)
  • Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2)
  • Call of the Sea (Call of the Lycan #1)
  • Tropical Tails (Shifting Sands Resort Collections Book 4)
  • Bewitching Bitters (Midlife Magic Cocktail Club #2)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mississ ...more

Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops (6 books)
  • Act of Surrender (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #2)
  • Act of Submission (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #3)
  • Act of Command (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #4)
  • Act of Passion  (Immortal Ops : PSI-Ops #5)
  • Act of Brotherhood (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #6)