Start by marking “The Scarlet Deep (Elemental World, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Scarlet Deep (Elemental World, #3)

The Scarlet Deep

(Elemental World #3)

On the waves of the North Atlantic, a poison spreads, sapping the life from humans and striking madness into immortals.

Patrick Murphy, the immortal leader of Dublin, has been trying to stem the tide of Elixir washing into his territory, but nothing seems to stop the vampire drug. While others in the immortal world work to cure the creeping insanity that Elixir threatens, M
ebook
Published July 7th 2015 by Elizabeth Hunter

Elizabeth Hunter
May 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey, guess what? I wrote another book!

I am so excited to announce THE SCARLET DEEP, the first Elemental World novel in over two years! (Yikes, hadn't really put together that it had been that long.) It'll be out on July 7th and I'm pretty happy about it. I had a blast writing this book. It was so fun to dive into this world again and head back to Dublin and London to hang out with Murphy, Anne, Carwyn, Brigid, and a bunch of other favorites. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writi
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Hunter. She's probably the most consistently excellent independent author I've found.That being said, I've had less luck with this series—a paranormal romance spinoff of ELEMENTAL MYSTERIES, her flagship urban fantasy series.

I'd thought it was ye olde UF vs. PNR debate. <------there are maybe two PNR series that I keep up with (and I'm two or three books behind in one of them).

I still liked the two prior books in ELEMENTAL WORLD . . . I just
Penny Reid
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Hunter is an epic world builder and a brilliant writer of addictive fiction.

This book was fantastic. In fact, it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! You know a book is fantastic when you immediately go back and re-read your favorite parts after finishing.

She brings the romance: "He looked at you as if you were his next breath..."

And had some laugh out loud moments: "I'm not sure the discourse you're interested in is proper at all."

And special appearances by some of my favorite characters:
"Sounds l
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have read this author’s entire Elemental Mysteries and Elemental World Series and have found them to be totally addictive. I am beyond happy every time a new book comes out so that I can be taken, once again, into the fantasy world that she has created.
This is the 3rd book in Elizabeth Hunter's awesome Elemental World Series.

We have met Patrick Murphy, the immortal leader of Dublin and Dr Anne O'Dea, healer who helps immortals deal with problems in their lives, in the previous books and I was
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
DNF at 35%.

In what universe is this romance? No seriously, how the fuck is this romance?

(view spoiler)
AJ
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
“...You were a force of nature.”

4 stars

This is the third book in the Elemental World series, which is a spin off of the Elemental Mysteries series. I am a mad fan of these books, and couldn’t wait to immerse myself back into Elizabeth Hunter’s intriguing and exciting world. Full of vampires, magic, romance, political wrangling, and fabulously dry and hilarious banter, this was such a fun read, I loved it!

Patrick Murphy is the vampire leader of Dublin. He’s a political badass and a bit of a playe
Douglas Meeks
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OK, first off just for total transparency (I am not a politician so that means I am going to honestly tell you something), I have read every Elemental book Elizabeth Hunter has written and the one I wrote for her first Elemental Mysteries book (A Hidden Fire) is still the most popular review I have ever written even though I feel it is pretty inadequate.

So by saying that I follow with this, The Scarlet Deep in many ways may be one of the best since those original 4 books, it strung me along for
Fre06 Begum
Kara-karina
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
There was something really lovely, poetic and comforting about this book, peeps. Almost like going into Cambio Springs series rather than Elemental World.

Perhaps it's because The Scarlet Deep is a book about love lost and found again years later.

Anne and Murphy used to be a mated pair madly in love a hundred years ago until Murphy asked Anne to do something against her principles to help him solidify his power. The couple split, and a century later Murphy rules Dublin, and Anne has a quiet
Paula
"The Scarlet Deep" by Elizabeth Hunter is a beautiful, emotional tale of forgiveness, betrayal and love - all wrapped into paranormal awesomeness.
Whenever I want a good paranormal read, I turn to Elizabeth Hunter's books, knowing that they will wow me with their creativity, originality and breathtaking storytelling.

It's no different with "The Scarlet Deep". Elizabeth Hunter created a passionate, poetic story filled with beauty and sensuality. The story is not just suspenseful and captivating,
Kimberly
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I'm the first one to admit that it is very hard for me to love any of Elizabeth's work more than her Elemental Mysteries series. I'm not a big fan of spin off books, especially when I adore the original series. However, THIS BOOK made me remember why I love the Elemental world so much and why it is an absolute must that Elizabeth continue to write stories about these charismatic, addicting characters as she continues the Elemental World series.

Patrick Murphy was never a bleep on my radar. He has
Melindeeloo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x2015, arc, time-travel
It's been a while since the last Elemental world book - not that I am complaining since I also like Hunter's Cambio Springs and Irin chronicles - but with the gap it took me a bit to come back up to speed on the Dublin cast. Once I did, I was happy to see Patrick reconnecting with his estranged mate Annie, who at first seem like an opposites attract combination of Brawn and Brains with the former boxer Patrick and vampire psychologist Annie.

I really liked the passionate and protective Patrick a
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans
Grade: B+

Kate's Corner
So at the moment I am currently on holiday which means I become lazy and I mean couch potato lazy. So I actually wanted to write this review about two weeks ago. But late than never, right?

Personally Ms. Hunter is one of my favourite authors and she is my go to if I’m in a rut. This book was no different for me. Once again Ms. Hunter made me a happy bunny and that is not an easy feat.

Admittedly I don’t do the whole love lost and found crap because let’s face most of the time the author can’t pu
Victoria
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved it!

I'm convinced that Ms. Hunter cannot disappoint me and I cannot get enough of her Elemental series books. As it happens, I tried to savor this book as much as possible but at the same time, I couldn't wait to discover what will happen next. Anne and Murphy were great together and I was rooting for them to find their way from the beginning. There were plenty of passion and love between these too, but regaining someone's trust is not an easy task! Throw in an escalating Elixir problem ca
April
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Hunter writes fascinating people doing extraordinary things.
She’s always done it – throughout the entire Elemental world, her characters have intriguing depths and the kind of layers that make thousand-year-old water vampires feel like real people, and battles of political intrigue against a global epidemic seem vital and urgent.

And now she’s done it again in The Scarlet Deep.

Anne and Murphy are fascinating people doing extraordinary things, and the time I spent with them in their stor
Colleen Vanderlinden
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book. I don't think it's any secret that I love Hunter's books, and The Scarlet Deep is definitely no exception. I felt such a connection with this book, though, and I have to say that it is now among my favorites. There is mystery, and danger, and intrigue. There is, as always, the fascinating hierarchy and relationships between the vampires of her Elemental world. The ever-present danger of Elixir hangs over their existence, and there is a sense of urgency to this story that really kept m ...more
Books_at_Tiffany’s
Murphy. Murphy. Murphy. Sexy. Sexy. Sexy. We met Murphy, the Irish "James Bond" vampire, in the Elemental Mysteries and got to know him a little more in in Building From Ashes. In this book we get to see his past and his greatest regret. Anne, who we adore from Building From Ashes, has some secrets and some regrets as well. It was surprising and fun seeing Anne and Murphy together.
The only thing that bothered me about this book was the politics. Other than that, another great read by Hunter in
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Now this is quality PNR. Great setting, wonderful wordbuilding, and gritty, deadly vampire politics. Oh, and a nice second chance at love story. This is not fluffy PNR with a vapid love story; Hunter's vampire world is rich,deep, and satisfying.

Great to be back in the 'Elemental World'. Oh, and if I were Anne, I would have made Patrick suffer a great deal more before I forgave him.
Cc
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5, but too well written to give 3 stars so I rounded up. I jumped into this series in the middle and quite by accident, but enjoyed it all the same. It's worth a read if you enjoy a pnr once in a while, and I needed a change of scene, so it worked.
Amy
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Disclosure: I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. The rest of the review (with quotes and exciting images) is on my blog: http://www.gazellesoncrack.com

I really liked Anne and Murphy and the dynamic they had. It’s refreshing to read about immortals who are BOTH old instead of the old and wise vamp with the freshly turned human (which is fine, but I always wonder why no one can find anyone their own age). I thought their chemistry was well developed and it was easy to believ
Jane
The following review was originally posted on my book blog The Book Challengers.

There were parts of this book that I enjoyed quite a lot, but there were also parts that I didn't enjoy quite as much. Hunter still writes a captivating story and I am a big fan of her works but I don't think I actually related to the characters as much as I could have or would have liked to. Plus Murphy and Anne seemed more intriguing (no joke!) before I read their book...

I thought that Anne and Murphy together were
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Cried a couple of times, because why not? For anyone who has suffered mental health problems, trouble with control, trouble with making friends, trouble with trust, trouble with forgiveness, this book rings true on so many levels. Anne and Murphy are perfectly flawed.
I love the characters, I love the banter, I love the questions that pop up and hope that they'll be answered, I love that my favourite characters pop in (for those that don't know - it's Carwyn), I love that we meet more f
*Flora*
I wholeheartedly loved this book!!

Although this is the 3rd book in Ms Hunter's Elemental World series, I don't think you have to gave read the previous books before reading this one. Any back story necessary to this tale is revealed with great skill without detrimental effect to the pace or flow here.

The story had me gripped from the first; the paranormal romance part between Murphy and Anne plus the crime/thriller mystery around the deadly drug Elixir kept me on the edge of my seat.
LAB☺
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have loved all the Elemental Mystery/Elemental World books and this one was no exception. Another wonderful story with great characters, a mystery and of course romance.
Nicole Hughes
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my favorite (that goes to Baojia), but I always love visiting the Elemental world.
Lis
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, ebook, kindle
Review: This follows characters that we have met previously in Elemental Mysteries and Elemental World series. Patrick Murphy, leader of Dublin and Anne, vampire psychologist, both water vampires. They had been in a previous relationship over 100 years earlier but estranged. Both are brought back together at a vampire summit meeting to discuss the Elixir threat and investigation as to where and who is behind this problem that started in previous EM series. More humans and vampires are infected ...more
Lynn
Jun 17, 2019 added it
Shelves: pnr
Definitely not as good a book fit for me in this series. I didn't like the male lead and found him rather whiney, immature and selfish. He was difficult to like in this story which is a shame because he was more likeable in other books as a side character where we read from him from a distance.. That combined with the vampire lusty thing this book was mostly read for the overarching plot of this series and less for the characters and romance. I did like Anne even though she had to lose out on th ...more
Tina Lynne
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is no mystery that I love Elizabeth Hunter's writing. She weaves world of paranormal intrigue with the skill of the greatest authors in the land. Her characters are witty, intelligent, and authentic. They are full of life and vibrancy. Couple those attributes with a world full of mystery and fantastical circumstance, well you have yourself a book and series that becomes addicting. Anne and Murphy's story was nothing short of fantastic, taking the reader a bit deeper into the Element World and ...more
Cat
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I got an ARC. MOVING ON TO INTERESTING STUFF!!

This book, GAH! Ok, so If I was a blood sucking fiend from beyond the grave with a heart of gold, I would want to be just like Anne O'Dea.

You know, if I can't be the Count.

Why? She's amazingly imperfect. She's not some inhumanly perfect vamp with no toils and all taut tatas. No, she's complex and intelligent. She's a kaleidoscope of gifts and magic, layered between sheets of love and logic, and yet, still vulnerable. Still real. Still a badass
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Kiss of Awakening (Succubus Kiss, #0.5)
  • War's Passion (Sons of War, #1)
  • Undying Hunger (the Enclave, #4)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Christian (Vampires in America, #10)
  • Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • Polar Opposites (Super Villian Academy, #2)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles #1)
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • Challenging Destiny
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part IV
  • Tortured Soul
  • Pressed to Death (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #2)
  • Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)
  • Our Own Brand of Heroine
  • Retribution (Dominion, #3)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Elemental World (4 books)
  • Building From Ashes (Elemental World, #1)
  • Blood and Sand (Elemental World, #2)
  • A Stone-Kissed Sea (Elemental World, #4)
“Do you think I like this? Like admitting you’ll probably choose your life over a life with me?” He” 1 likes
“Often the greater intelligence came from those who observed, not those who spoke.” 1 likes