Start by marking “Stones in the Road: Poems of Grief and Growth” as Want to Read:
Stones in the Road: Poems of Grief and Growth

Stones in the Road: Poems of Grief and Growth

A heartfelt celebration of friendship and continuing bonds after loss, this book was born out of deep personal searching. A dear friend lost her life to metastatic breast cancer in 2007, and poetry was my natural response.

Four years later, in 2011, another friend died due to complications from anorexia. Poetry was my way of unravelling how I was feeling at the time.

All p
Published October 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Stones in the Road, please sign up.
Casey Bottono Please contact me via my website to obtain a copy.

Ruth Hunt
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written, powerfully emotive book, the poems are superb, thought-provoking and executed to a high standard. It's a book I've recommended to friends and families, and I know that for one of my friends it's been a source for comfort and emotional healing.
If you only buy one poetry book this year - make sure it's this one.
Peter Gillet
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author writes verse as if it were her mother tongue. Bottono uses imagery and metaphor to speak to the human condition, and it still baffles me how much message she can compress into so few words.
Mark Tilbury
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This collection of poems is Casey’s journey through difficult periods of grief.

Putting words down on paper can help in many situations, and here trying to cope with her loss, Casey is eloquent and honest. Her emotions fill the pages, and at times it is quite difficult to read. There are a range of emotions. Grief, anger, but at times also some hope that life can become more manageable again.

I believe that this collection of poetry could be a useful support for people in similar places of loss a
CK Alber Author
Jun 23, 2015
Liesl
Jul 20, 2015
Lfa Turppa
Aug 11, 2015
Leo Robertson
Sep 13, 2015
Casey Bottono is an author and poet. She is currently conducting experiments in writing from the body, art as personal growth as art (for artists and ordinary mortals) and the boundaries between you and me as we evolve, heal and discover emerging ways of being together. She invites you to connect and join the experiment at www.caseybottono.com