Start by marking “Playing Dirty (The Monkey Business Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
Playing Dirty (The Monkey Business Trilogy)

Playing Dirty (Monkey Business Trio #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  843 Ratings  ·  270 Reviews
For fans of Bared to You and Beautiful Bastard comes the start of an irresistible new erotic romance series in which competition is the ultimate seduction.

Shaw Matthews plays to win, and he intends to snag a coveted partnership at San Diego's hottest sports agency by signing America's top athlete. Only one woman stands in his way: rival agent Cassidy Whalen. But eliminatin
Published May 12th 2015 by Piatkus

Alice
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

3-3.5 stars

description

Cassidy Walden and Shaw Matthew work as sport agents for the same company, but they are rivals on the field. Indeed, the one who will sign a contract with Denver Rockford, a famous NFL player, will also become the new partner at Striker Sports Entertainment.

This is an enemies to lovers story. Shaw and Cassidy have a love-hate relationship, they can't stand each other, but they can't deny the attraction between them. Things between them are explosive..No need to say that sex scenes
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*3 I wish sasha liked it better Nutella jars*

Today's review isn't gonna the normal hanky panky, this bitch is hiding her spell checks kind of review. No, there won't be too much graphics or "Certain gifs" so deal with it.

The story revolves around Cassidy Whalen and Shaw Matthews, two alphas going head to head to become partner in Striker Sports Entertainment but it comes with a catch, lure in Denver "Rocket man" Rockford. Star quarterback and up for grabs from his now ex representative manger.
Jamie
2.5- 3 stars

Playing Dirty had potential..it had lots of potential.I love an office romance where its a love/hate, so to speak, type of relationship. And throw in A feisty red head who is at the top of her game in her business and the sexy guy that's just as talented.. both of them vying for the same spot as partner at one of the top sporting agencies in the country. Which ever one of them could bring in the current hottest NFL QB to their team gets the spot. Yep, I was pulled in at chapter on
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Playing Dirty in three words: Entertaining. Sassy. HOT!!! This was the first book I’ve read by C.L. Parker and I couldn’t put it down. Shaw and Cassidy are sports agents vying for partnership at an elite sports agency. Whoever gets star quarterback Denver “Rocket Man” Rockford to sign as his agent will win the partnership.

This is a true enemies to lovers story in every sense. Cassidy and Shaw dislike each other, and by dislike I mean hate. Unlike similar stories though, their animosity isn’t ea
Ashley S.
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 6-stars, favorites
Wow. Just. Wow...This book has left me with all sorts of feelings. The most prominent being sickness since I finished it (in one sitting, no less) and that I have no idea what is going to happen. All I need to know is when the 2nd and 3rd books are going to be released because I will click on that pre-order button so fast, you wouldn't even catch it! Playing Dirty was absolutely, beyond fantastic and I literally feel like I cannot get enough. The H and h in this book are so made for each other t ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
May 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, for-review
This did not work on me at any level. Unlikable characters, no growth, nasty non use of condoms, cliffhanger. It was one long hate-fuck between the two as they fought for partnership in their company that had no emotional elements or anything romantic to it. I was extremely disappointed especially seeing all of the glowing reviews.

Full review to come.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Cassidy and Shaw are both very talented and successful sports agents.

They're both working for the same company and they can't stand each other!

And now their boss told them, that whoever wins this next huge football client, will become new partner.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Shaw decides to seduce the 'Ice-Queen', to make her lose focus.

And Cassidy .... well, her friends put that exact same idea in her head....

Now they have to not only fight to be the better agent and get the job - they have to fight aga
J. Grayland
Shaw Mathews and Cassidy Whalen work for the same sport's agency and are both gunning for a partnership position by being the first one to sign up one of America's top athletes. Shaw being the total a**hole that he is decides to seduce the ice queen Cassidy and eliminating the competition, but Cassidy is ready with a plan of her own to take down the alpha hunk with her own seduction. I really liked this book, the characters were both strong and likable and the story line was an interesting ride ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
3.5 stars!! I was drawn to this book because of the setting, I have worked in sports management for over 20 years so this was a kind of must read for me. Two fiercely competitive people who hate each other, always in competition against each other and now that competition is real man vs woman, who will land the contract and what will they do to get it?

As we all know there is a fine line between love and hate and though this is really just starting to ramp up I cannot wait to see where it is goin
Debbie I Heart YA Books
OMG! Readers, are you ready for a wild and sexy roller-coaster of a ride with Cassidy and Shaw? Their romance is one hilarious war of the sports agent and battle of the sexes. The only time these two weren’t at each other throats, trying to kill each other, was when they were at each other’s body with lust. If Cassidy and Shaw’s mouths weren't attacking each other with word weapons of sarcastic aggression, they were using them to pleasure each other. No in between ground for these two.

Cassidy i
ARC received for review

I wasn't expecting a cliffy. I thought the next books would be the secondary characters HEA. There was lots of mad sex, no romance, but a whole lot of drama, and a great set of secondary characters and their romances. I look forward to the next book and the coming confrontations between Cassidy and Shaw.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
By any means necessary...

Shaw & Cassidy work for the same company and have been at each other's throats since day one. The competition has been fierce between the top two ranking sports agents. Now, to make matters worse, they are being thrown together and forced to battle for a promotion that only one will receive. Shaw has been trying to prove himself as a top candidate for the partnership and while he doesn't 'like' Cassidy, he can't deny her pencil skirts and high heels are making him wo
booklover4life
***I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review!***

This is my first book by the author, but she did not disappoint. This book was incredibly funny, dirty, sexy and interesting. I was captivated from the beginning, and didn't want it to end. Keep in mind that this is part of a series, but there is no crazy emotional cliffhanger at the end. You will be dying for the next book though.

I really liked Cassidy's character. I thought that she was beautifully written. S
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Both Cassidy and Shaw are sports agents at the top of their game. They have always been in competition, but now the stakes are higher. A partnership position is up for grabs, and Cassidy and Shaw are equally qualified. Only one will get the spot and only if they land the account with San Diego’s top Quarterback. This competition will not only bring out their hate for each other, but their lust, and if they’re lucky, maybe love.

I am impressed with Cassidy and Shaw. These two are such goal-orient
❤Casey❤
ARC provided by publisher through NetGalley in return for honest review.

***3.5 stars***

If there ever was a book that epitomizes a hate fuck, it's this one.

The premise is this:

Our central characters are two sports agents vying for the same athlete for their agency. The winner gets the prized partnership position and their name on the company marquee.

Cassidy Whalen is a real man eater. Tall, sexy redhead only concerned with her work. She comes from a small town and left the love of her life there
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends
ARC provided in exchange of a honest review.

Review original post:

book review: 5 stars!!!

This book just finished me off! I got addicted to it since the very first word and It sucked me up so much that I didn’t understand when I got to the end of it! Plus, holy moly, WHAT AN END!! I stil haven’t recovered from that – cruel – cliffhanger!!

Seriously, I don’t really know from where should I start so I can give a review worthy of this book. My emotions are al
Mandy
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, enemies-to-more, hot
4.25 stars. There are a lot of things I really liked about this story. It was seriously hot. The sexual tension between Shaw and Cassidy is intense and when then get together - Wow! It is really hot. I love the whole enemies to lovers troupe and I enjoyed the competition between these two characters. I liked the supporting characters. The only issues I have are that I wish I felt more of a romance between Cassidy and Shaw. I think it was building up to that but with the cliffhanger, I just don't ...more
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Won this paperback through a giveaway on LibraryThing.
SimplyƝì₭
More like 2.5 Stars for me. Lots going on in this book.
Melissa
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, not-for-me
This book had a lot of potential, I thought. It was the love-hate aspect of Playing Dirty that initially piqued my interest. There's something about the tension and passion, that usually fuels the characters in this type of relationship, that excites me. Shaw and Cassidy were incredibly competitive and loathed one another, but I couldn't help feeling like something was missing. That it wasn't a complete story.

Shaw and Cassidy, colleagues at a sports agency, are pitted against one another for a p
Duck
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received this book from Random House-Bantam Dell through NetGalley for an honest review.**

Cassidy and Shaw are both sports agents after the same client. While they normally work separately to secure a client, their boss thinks them going after the same one is the best option to see who will get promoted partner. They both hate each other so that makes things even more interesting.

This started out so good. The amount of highlights and bookmarks I had alone in the first 2 chapters ha
Rachael Orman
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I was interested in seeing how the author would turn rivalry into something more.. And at first I was quite skeptical, but in the end it really worked... Although I will say Cassidy's dream out of the blue was a bit unbelievable as she'd already known him for quite a while and never thought about him in that light, but other than that I actually really loved how things evolved between the characters.

The love/hate relationship, the banter, the angry/hard sex was just... great. I lo
Arys
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Playing Dirty by CL Parker is a hot read with two A-type characters that try to one-up the other in hopes obtaining a coveted position of partner at Striker Sports Entertainment.

Our leads Cassidy Whalen and Shaw Matthews, hate each other and stand in the other's way of getting what they want. Their banter was great and reminded me of Beatrice and Benedict from Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing. They both despise the other, but that doesn't last long as their lust for the other turns them fro
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This was quite a different kinda read for me. I've mixed feelings about it. Although a few things bugged me about the story it was still an enjoyable read.

This is the story of Cassidy and Shaw. They are sports agents who work for the same company but hate each other. Their goal is to win a football client and be a partner of the company.
So how do they think they can beat one another? They decide to seduce each other. Will they get more than what they've bargained for?

Although I like some hate s
Bette Hansen
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, I think I'm calm enough to write this review now. I've retrieved my kindle after it hit the wall at the end of this book! I didn't realize it had a cliffhanger and the story continues in the next book so be warned. That said, overall I really enjoyed this very steamy and well crafted story. The writing was great although I did think it was slightly drawn out. Really loved the characters too. The secondary characters really help make the story. The quick and witty banter between Shaw and Cass ...more
Cami
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

I like the story but it is entirely too wordy for me. I love all the characters but when I can skim and only read one third of a page and still totally understand everything that is going on, that tells me there is WAY too much filler.

But as you know I need to know the rest of the story so I will be reading the other ones when I have a chance.

It is a cliffhanger!
Angela

4.5 Stars

How hard would you fight for the chance to become partner at a converted sports agency? What methods would you adopt, how low would you stoop and how far across the line would you step? If you’re Shaw Matthews, a egotistical but stunningly attractive man, facing his direct rival for partnership, the infuriatingly beautiful Cassidy Whalen, then surely distraction by seduction is the only option, but will it win him his ultimate prize?

When faced off against each other, both Shaw and Cass
Tash
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by publisher in exchange for a honest review
Playing Dirty basically is about two people who hate each other so much and they assume certain things about each other. They are going same promotion and basically try every trick in the trade to get each other to concede so they can win . However in the midst of everything they start falling for each other and start hooking up and the stakes become so much higher than a promotion.

Tha
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Playing Dirty (Monkey Business Trio, #1) by C.L. Parker

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 4 stars

Review:

Playing Dirty was definitely an intense, sexy read. It had everything the synopsis promised and I was left wanting to read more!

So the story is pretty much well explained in the
Monica **can't read fast enough**
PLAYING DIRTY is absolutely the best title for this read. Shaw and Cassidy are explosive together in both good and bad ways. Both are strong willed, determined, ambitious, and want to succeed and win at all costs. However for them there is a fine line between attraction and repulsion and that line gets so blurred that they themselves can no longer distinguish between the two. When dealing with each other both Shaw and Cassidy can get ugly and petty but I have to admit that I found their interact ...more
  • Unblocked - Episode Two (Timber Towers, #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Gilded Lily (Gilded Flower, #1)
  • Feather Light
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Broken Play (Birmingham Rebels, #1)
  • September Sky (American Journey, #1)
  • The Arrangement
  • Forgotten Promises
  • Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Scandalous Scots, #0.5)
  • Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (Cowboys & Brides, #2)
  • Never Entice an Earl (One Scandalous Season, #2)
  • August Fog (August Fog, #1)
  • The Escort (Shamed, #3)
  • Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1)
  • Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band, #1)
  • One Night with the Laird (Scottish Brides, #2)
C. L. Parker is a romance author who writes stories that sizzle. She’s a small-town girl with big-city dreams and enough tenacity to see them come to fruition. Having been the outgoing sort for all her life—which translates to “she just wouldn’t shut the hell up”—it’s no wonder Parker eventually turned to writing as a way to let her voice, and those of the people living inside her head, be heard. ...more
More about C.L. Parker

Monkey Business Trio (3 books)
  • Getting Rough (Monkey Business Trio, #2)
  • Coming Clean (Monkey Business Trio, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be