Start by marking “Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:
Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After

(The Selection 0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5, 5.2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  26,770 ratings  ·  2,453 reviews
Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America, and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn't the prince. This gorgeous collection features four novellas from the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection se ...more
Published October 13th 2015 by HarperCollins Childrens Books

·  26,770 ratings  ·  2,453 reviews

Neil (or bleed)
Mar 26, 2015 marked it as will-not-read  ·  review of another edition
It'$ not about the money, money, money.
We don't need your money, money, money.
We ju$t wanna make the fan$ read.
Forget about the price tag.
Melissa
Mar 05, 2015 marked it as to-read
OHMYGOD!!!!! THIS WILL BE FREAKING ILLUSTRATED!!!

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
Overall these were all really charming and such cute short stories. They were wonderful and really refreshing reads. They were fast-passed and made me smile :) Some much more than others. I loved reading from the different point of views and I am so so happy that I took the time to read this. Each story brought a little something special to the table. Also though very simple, the illustrations are lovely and a great addition. I really liked looking at the map as well. I recommend this to ALL fan ...more
Not sure why I thought this was going to be another installment in the series. Just a heads up...it's not. Happily Ever After is a compilation of all the novellas and bonus scenes/epilogues in The Selection series and if you are up-to-date with reading the series then you have already read most of these. Die hard fans will likely love this one-stop shop for all the extras but I could have done without it. Don't mind me, just a little disgruntled. I should have read the synopsis first. Lesson lea ...more
Itramsunshine
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy to have finally read this!! Huge shout-out to Rizoli for lending it to me, by the way. This made me remember why I love Kiera Cass' writing so much. It's because I don't have to think at all and because it is so addictive. It took me so little time to read even though I'm so busy in school! It was also nice to be back in this world and the feels hit me hard with the pictures and the happiness and I just... I feel happy.
Chelsey Ellice
Oh my gosh. Loved this book so much!!! My favourite parts were The Favourite and After The One. Loved hearing from the different characters and seeing where they ended up. I LOVE KING MAXON!
Muse-ic ♬
I'm not covering this review for spoilers. Just be warned that there will be spoilers for The One.

That was a lovely read!
Mostly................

The Prince
I miss Maxon. He is definitely in the list of my top five book boyfriends. I've already read The Prince, but this one had two extra chapters. LOVED 'EM!!

The Guard
Let's be honest here. I don't like Aspen. So I skimmed through The Guard. I read Lucy's POV that include Laspen (Lucy/Aspen).
I'm not going to lie: I feel bad for Lucy. Aspen was kind o
ambsreads
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
There isn't much to say about this collection of novellas apart from wow.

I'm Selection series trash. I adore it, despite how absolutely ridiculous the whole series is. I can never stop once I start. I absolutely adore the characters, with the exclusion of Aspen, and loved getting more perspectives of the original books. Plus more.

If you're Selection trash like me, I highly recommend picking up this little extra. If not just for the snippet we get of Maxon and America after The One.
Tamara
Mar 29, 2015 marked it as avoid-like-the-plague  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money-trap
Enough is enough. This series is turning into a money trap. I feel so bad for people who bought the first collection. Let it go Ms Cass, please let it go...
Audrey
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD AHHHH

Full review to come soon!
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Sigh. So many people have complained about this bind-up being a ploy to leech money from its readers, but I DON'T CARE. The cover is beautiful. The illustrations were beautiful. I love the Selection series. Judge away! :P

In all honesty, I don't really bother reading novellas. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer myself haha. I'm probably just too lazy. Or maybe because I would rather read new books with new stories and characters. It better be one HECK of a series for me to even cons
Selene
Celeste's POV - 2 Stars
Lucy's Scene - 1.5 Stars
Where Are They Now? - 2 Stars
Dannii Elle
While I wouldn't rate every story in this collection 4 stars, it was interesting to garner an insight into the other characters from The Selection series and further my understanding of their motives and actions. I found some parts a little repetitive as alot of the scenes were featured in the main series but viewing them from an alternate perspective was fascinating. Also, knowing the ending of each story did not impact my enjoyment of them, as I thought it might. I love an author who takes the ...more
CAM ♔
Out of all the books I've read in The Selection series, this is definitely my favorite! (Although it's not another installment, just a compilation of novellas) In this book, you'll have a clearer view of every character and somehow understand their decisions throughout the story. My personal favorites are The Favorite and After The One. At first, I had my doubts about this series, but I found myself loving every part of it!

Quotable Quotes
"I could feel my dreams slipping through my fingers. I mig
Ashley Daviau
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute collection of stories! I loved getting to see more from some of my favourite characters from the Selection series and getting to know more about how their lives played out after the Selection. I only have two small complaints about this collection. The first being that two of the stories had been in a previous collection so I had already read them. The second being that there was no story about Eadlyn! I would have loved to have had a story about her life and marriage after ...more
Shannon (leaninglights)
A solid addition to the series! I definitely recommend if you want to know the details behind the story :)
Audrey
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS LIKE BEYOND 5 STARS.
ITS SO FREAKIN GOOD THAT I HAVE NO WORDS FOR IT OH GOD.
I TOTALLY ADOOORE THIS BOOK!!!
Marla
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed The Selection then this is a great compilation of different points of views on what happened.
Terri (Le Book Chronicles)
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I freaking loved this bind up! It was everything I wanted and more!! I especially loved The Favourite... It was my favourite! I have a full review on my blog containing short reviews for each of the stories in the book, as well as an overall review! Check it out here :)
Dee☾
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute. I loved the illustrations for each novellas and getting a glimpse at more characters (: I can never get enough of Maxon and America, but I think my favorite has to be The Favorite ❤ ...more
Trina (Between Chapters)
I usually don't like novellas or series add ons but I think this one is actually a great addition to this series. There is a lot more content than just novellas and the extra scenes from different characters were really enjoyable.
Lauren Lanzilotta
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brotherly-love
This collection of novellas was basically the dessert that no one needs, but we take it anyways because it’s damn good.

I’m going to review this novella by novella because that’s just the sophisticated trash I am.

The Queen: ★★★★★
The Maid: ★★★★
After The One: ★★★★
Where are They Now?: ★★★

The Queen

Amberly’s backstory -when taken into account with her marriage in The Selection- was quite tragic. Then Kiera Cass had the audacity
Drew
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romance
I don't know if The Heir ruined this series for me or I'm just outgrowing these books, but this collection of Selection novellas wasn't as enjoyable as I expected it to be.

I've always thought of Kiera Cass's books as addicting, cheesy, and lots of fun. That's why I always come back to them because I know I can finish them in a day and get a couple hours of entertainment out of them.

I never noticed these books were so cheesy they were unrealistic, though, and the characters weren't as lovable as
Lauren Elise
Celeste: ★★★
The Maid: ★★★
After the One: ★★★★
Where Are They Now?: ★★★

Overall: ★★★★
Luzie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the concept of this book!
The Queen was the first novella in the book, and it showed the romatic pairing of Queen Amberly (in her perspective) and King Clarkson. The love between them was so well, necessary in some way that still showed they found there true soulmate. Amberly is a calm and willing women which provides for her family perfectly fine. She was the one true queen of Illèa!
The Prince i have read before. It was fun reading it again. Maxon`s perspective should have been
Ashleigh 🥀
3.81/5
this series isn't perfect. it has flaws: the world doesn't make sense, there is some lowkey sexism that really is never addressed or challenged which ew, but the thing is, i have so much fun reading about these characters. that and it can be cute as hellllll.

The Queen (4.5/5)
To me this was one of the more interesting dynamics in the Selection series. Clarkson is this terrible guy, and then there is Amberley who is the complete opposite. While this relationship is manipulative (from Cla
thebookbitch
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
First off, I have to say that the cover and illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. The first novellas titled The Queen tells Amberly's story when she was in the Selection process and I honestly thought she was treated like a dog. Prince Clarkson could have told her to kill herself and she would have. She was completely stupid and actually more naïve than America and Eadlyn (I know right? How the hell does that happen?)

I read The Prince and The Guard a few weeks back and really loved Maxon's stor
Krystal Bond
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved each and every novella in this book. It was so much fun getting to know the other characters better and all of the other extras throughout the book were wonderful as well. The pictures were beautifully drawn and I really loved the epilogue which told a small story of America and Maxon two years after being married. Overall it was a delightful extra book and I'm so glad Kiera Cass took the time to write it. Love the Selection series, one of my favorites.
Andrea
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Read Through: 10/21/15-10/22/15
Second Read Through:2/3/16-2/9/16

I have to be completely honest when I say this. I cried multiple times throughout The Favorite. It's such a beautiful look into Marlee's life during a time when things were hard for her. It showed Maxon's compassion. It showed so much and I cried a lot.
Nora
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, on-my-shelf
I really really enjoyed this book. I liked Queen Amberly's story. She is so sweet and naive. As always I still don't like King Clarkson. He's probably the character I hate the most. I'm 100% inlove with Aspen and Maxon. Both of them are so amazing. And of course America - she's so strong and powerfull. Great book. I can't wait to read Eadlyn's story.

• Other Worlds
  • Wait For You, Trust in Me: 2-Book Collection (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • Deception So Deadly (Deception So, #1)
  • Scenic Route (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #0.3)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Strange New World (Brave New Girl, #2)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • Bleach MASKED: Official Character Book 2
  • No Intention of Dying (The Internment Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Outspoken
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
“We know you're strong, but accepting help is its own kind of strength.” 51 likes
“Love only yourself a little bit longer, until you can't stand not to love someone else.” 38 likes