Start by marking “Fair Game (The Rules, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fair Game (The Rules, #1)

Fair Game

(The Rules #1)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B00X4QFIAE

When your boyfriend bets YOU in a poker game, you better know when to run…

Bad enough Jade Frost’s boyfriend drags her to a boring poker game. Even worse that he actually threw her into the betting pot during an intense round…and lost. Talk about the perfect excuse for Jade to make him her ex-boyfriend.
Published May 12th 2015 by Monica Murphy

Start your review of Fair Game (The Rules, #1)
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-boyfriends
4.5“Property of Shep Prescott. Hands Off.” Stars

[image error]

Monica Murphy delivered an entertainingly HOT college romance that wasn’t anything groundbreaking in the genre but sure as hell made for an enjoyable read.

Shep Prescott is not only filthy rich but is the biggest man-whore on campus. He runs an illegal gambling house with his two buddies of whom will have their own books in this series. Shep… WOW this guy was crazy hot, arrogant and his fall for the smart mouthed fiery redhead freshman, Jade Frost was steamy!

”I’m dying to fuck her, butStars
[image4.5“Property
Beverly
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I loved this book so hard! I am talking, texting my book besties while reading to tell them about my intense love for this new book.

To say we run in different crowds is putting it mildly, He’s older than me by two years. He’s in a frat and I’m not in a sorority. He’s rich as hell and I am most assuredly not. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for him to know I exist and I am fine with that.

Jade Frost is a freshman, quick witted and feisty. She is attending an underground poker g
Monica Murphy
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm lame and just gave my book 5 stars but I wanted to share some teaser graphics for your enjoyment. And if you want to share/use them, please feel free! Can't wait for you all to meet Shep & Jade!

You can read the first chapter from FAIR GAME here on Goodreads:

Author: Monica Murphy
Release date: May 12, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

"Three little words. One. And. Done."

I haven't read a bad book by this author in the NA genre. And lets just say I was quite a bit intrigued when it came to the poker game bet part of the synopsis. A heroine offered up in a bet by her slimyclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"ThreeNo
Murphy
Release#1
Game
Jacqueline's Reads

LIVE!!!!! http://amzn.to/1AHIn8i

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!

6 Playing the Game Stars

This is my first Monica Murphy read and yes you can slap me in the face. I don’t know why I waited so long. If you haven’t read a Monica Murphy book, EVERY ONE NEEDS TO READ THIS ONE!!!!

Fair Game is a standalone and is the first book in The Rule series. This is Jade and Shep’s story.

Things I LOVED LOVED LOVED

Dynamics between Jade and Shep is absolutely CUTE!!!

GREAT Banter

Laugh out LOUD funny

The writing flows well with no angst and mild tension

ALL AROUND SUER CUTE BOOK

Jade is at a poker game with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend is losingtension
ALLstory.
ThingsMUCH!!!!
NiCoLeTa E.
Well, well, well!!! What a pleasant surprise!!!
That book was easy-going, funny and well-written...
Reading it, i was having such a good time!!!

Oh, dear!!! That was a hot, steamy, clever and funny book!!!
And the main characters???
Absolutely gorgeous... both of them!!!

How did they meet each other???
That was a really odd and funny story and i wasn't expecting it!!!

Jade went with her boyfri
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
4.5 I've Got Her Stars!

photo 33e33a5e-52a7-41cf-9837-05e5cf5193e2_zpsbllgzpcu.jpg

photo a17b418e-64d5-449c-bc5f-7dcf433c21ca_zpsxgwucg4t.jpg

Jade Frost is a 19 yr. old freshman in college living in the coastal college city of Santa Augustina in California. Jade & her best friend Kelli are brought to an underground casino by their boyfriends. This place is run by three sexy, spoiled, rich frat boys. When Jade's boyfriend Joel is running out of money while playi
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Shepard Prescott is an entitled rich boy, currently a Junior at college and along with his friend Gabe and cousin Tristan, he runs an illegal gambling house for the students. It's here at the mini casino that he wins feisty Jade Frost in a game of blackjack.

Jade is not happy that her boyfriend offered her up as a winning prize, especially when Shep makes it clear that he is planni
*TANYA*
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Great story, loved it but I could have done without the repetitiveness. The author is constantly reminding us of what a manwhore Shepard is and the constant "tingling" of body parts is exhausting. If it would have been dialed down a bit it would have been a FANTASTIC book!!!
Claire Robinson
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - Bitch face Jade has a solid swing. Stars!

Fair Game is not the first book I have read from Monica Murphy, I know for sure it won’t be the last either, but it is the best book I have ever read by her.

There's something about this girl that I think... might be worth waiting for."

Sometimes when you start reading a new book, you know from the first page that you are at the beginning of something special, there’s that little tingle in your tummy, the infamous ’One More Chapter’ filters through the subconscious the whole time you are immerStars!
Fair
Kim Bailey
3.5 Stars

Fair Game plays on one of my favorite plotlines … enemies turned lovers.

In this case most of the loathing is one sided.
Jade Frost is decidedly against all things Sheppard Prescott … from his perceived entitled attitude right down to his name … she can’t seem to find a single redeeming quality, except maybe his devastating good looks.
Shep, on the other hand … well, let’s just say he is in complete lust with Jade from the moment he lays eyes on her … even when he overhears her snarky comments about him, he’s not
Mysza
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
*** 3,5 stars ***
seton
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Genre: NA Romance
Cliffy? No.

Sensuality: (did not get that far)
Ho-meter: H = manho, h = 2 BFs

H (a college junior who runs an underground gambling house) wins h in a poker game.

I recently realized that I never tried this author before and wanted to see what the fuss was about. Nothing was really appealing and I see that my instincts were right the first time. Where to start?

I wanted to dnf this novel within the first 5 pages. The h is a raging bitch - which is not a dealbreaker - but she is also vacuous, dumb, immature, and has no self-awareness. Those a
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

Rendered Image

Boy meets girl. Girl thinks boy is an arrogant man whore. Boy is attracted and intrigued by her feisty, sassy, and sexy personality. A poker bet lands boy winning a date with girl. But girl doesn't want to be associated with boy and be another notch on his bed post. So begins the quest for Shep Prescott as he tries to cash in
Michelle
5 BitchFace Stars!

photo image.jpg1.jpg

Jade Frost is at an illegal gambling house down the street from campus with her boyfriend. When her boyfriend has nothing left to bet he offers up Jade if he loses.
Shep Prescott has been watching the beautiful redhead in the mirror all night. He's rich. He's arrogant. He's a one night only guy. He always gets what he wants and he wants Jade.
Imagine his surprise when
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Alright, so here's the thing. I'm a serial "I have to finish this book; what do you mean there's a DNF option????" kind of person. So here I am, at 18%. I can tell you that I tried, but sometimes enough is enough.

So why did I dnf, you ask? Hmmmm... let's see, there were multiple reasons.

1. The icky plotline

I must admit, I was initially intrigued. I thought there would be lowkey dynamic of my favorite otp of all otps in the history of everrr (Coballoway from the Addicted
Katerina
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You owe me everything.All that you have.And don't deny that you want to give it to me because I know you do.

Anyone else feeling hot'n'bothered?No?It's just me?

God,look at me.Yes,me.Straight laced,good girl Jade Frost is hanging out with a billionaire spoiled sexy brat who runs an illegal freaking casino in a house just off campus.What have I done?Who am I,for God's sake?

Well you get the greater picture.Good girl meets bad boclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Tahsin
2.5-3 stars

I am very much in the minority when it comes to this book. Everyone seemed to love it, and I clearly didn't. I am just so fucking over the college stereotype, I'm not even in this universe anymore. Just. Fucking. Stop. As a college student, I can guarantee that it's not all about getting drunk, getting high, and getting fucked. Unless of course you go to one of those party universities, where it is all about that. But this stereotype is getting fucking redundant.
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog by the lovely author for an honest review

Preorder: Amazon | iBooks

Genre: Contemporary
Age Group: New Adult
Characters: Jade Frost, Shep Prescott
Point of View: First - Dual
Happily Ever After: (view spoiler)
Release Date: May 12th, 2015
Read Date: May 5th, 2015
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you are a fan of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire you will highly enjoy this novel by Monica Murphy.

I highly enjoyed this book it kept my attentiiBooks
Title:review
Rejane
Unbelievably annoying.. I suspend disbelief when reading these books, but sometimes it's just impossible.. Why did the heroine hate the hero in first place? Because he was rich, hot, and had just one time hook ups? So what? She never talked to him, they were never a friends, she wasn't a part of his group of friends...Judgmental much? Unfortunately, I think this author had a very good luck with the ONE WEEK GIRLFRIEND series. After that, the books I read from her sucked.
She had super low self e
Aliana Milano

Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I have fallen crazy in love with this book. As soon as I began reading, I knew that it was going to be good and I was right. By the time I had hit the twenty percent mark I was head over heels for Shep and Jade and hooked by their story.
Guys have ignored me pretty much my entire life and I was used to it, thank you very much. The first gorgeous one who comes along has for some reason set his sights on me and now he won't leave me alone. I should b
Violina The Romance Lover
MONICA MURPHY NAILED IT

I freaking love this book! Everythings was so perfect, sweet, funny, amazing and refreshing!

Shepard Prescott is a rich boy who likes to sleep with girls, play gamble and live like there is no tomorrow but one night changed everything and BAMMMMM!
I seriously loved him! Even at first when he is cocky as hell you can't help but falling in love with him! I loved how he changed because of Jade. His actions, the way he talks about Jade and TO Jade - SWEET AND SWOONIE! How he was
Sara
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-2015
I found myself really enjoying the story, the banter, the characters.
"Bitch Face Jade" officially meets the rumored man whore Shep as her boyfriend loses her in a bet.
Shep is not only the campus "one and done" guy. He comes from a rich family with rich people problems, and runs an illegal gaming ring with his best bud Gabe and his cousin Tristen.
So needles to say Jade does not like Shep. Although she finds him attractive, she doesn't want to let him know. At least, not easily.
They had great
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Was it predictable?

Was it cheesy in a few parts?

Did I still like it?

Bindi Boo
A short, sweet read with no angst and HEAPS of sexy times
Bella
This book was amazing!!!!!

Shep Prescott is a wealthy college kid who is not shy with the ladies. One and done is his typical protocol. He doesn't date. The ladies line up for him and he is used to getting what he wants.

Until Jade.

Jade is not wealthy. She is not a "one and done" type of girl. And she hates Shep.

Or at least she tries to convince herself she does.

What I love about this book:
~ The banter. These two push each other's buttons. They heat each other up and become .
Jacqueline
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been ages since I read anything by this author and I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy her books.

Rich manwhore falls hard for 'the one' is a well worn plot, but thanks to the fabulous chemistry and steamy smut and witty banter this still felt fresh. It was fairly low angst too.

Complete story, standalone, but with more books available about other characters. Recommended.
Leslie
DNF @ 35% I liked the hero but the heroine was getting on my nerves. I felt the story was going in circles, him liking her her being a bitch and around and around. Sorry :(
Alia Ros
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww this story was so sweet ❤ ...more

• Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
  • Change of Hart (Hart, #1)
  • Shameless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #3)
  • Riske and Revenge
  • Lone Star Protector (Calamity Valley #2)
  • Doctor for Christmas (Marietta Medical, #3)
  • Friended: A Nostalgia Songfic (Modern Love Book 1)
  • Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • Dead Presidents MC: Books 1-3
  • Falling for Autumn (Falling for Autumn, #1)
  • Hot Mess (Into The Fire, #4)
  • Book'em Sadie (Iron Badges, #1)
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Riptide (Kismet Cove, #1)
  • Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • Beginnings: A Romance Series Starter Collection
  • Captured (Gowns & Crowns #2)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

The Rules (4 books)
  • In the Dark (The Rules, #2)
  • Slow Play (The Rules, #3)
  • Safe Bet (The Rules, #4)
“Definitely offer up some chocolate. That shit is like a cure all.” 6 likes
“Lesson learned? Don’t have sex on the top bunk in a dorm room. It doesn’t matter if the girl weighs a buck-oh-five and you know you plan on only lasting for ten minutes tops. Those bunk beds are made out of sticks.” 5 likes