Start by marking “Just Desserts (Coletti Warlords, #5)” as Want to Read:
Just Desserts (Coletti Warlords, #5)

Just Desserts

(Coletti Warlords #5)

Kaylee knew being a Coletti Warlord's mate wasn't going to be easy. Not only was Talree downright scary, he had a bossy streak a mile long and collected enemies like most men collected lovers. But while Kaylee's life might not be perfect, Talree truly loved her.

Flash forward nine months to a very pregnant, insanely hormonal and cranky as hell Kaylee. If the pregnancy wasn
Published June 23rd 2015 by Loose Id (first published June 22nd 2015)

Start your review of Just Desserts (Coletti Warlords, #5)
Sandra
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
For those of you that haven't read the first 2 books, that are sadly OOP due to legal issues with Gail's first publisher, you are in for a treat, as she has cleverly incorporated some of the more amusing bits in this novel.

Kaylee certainly is a "shit magnet", and that hasn't changed in this tale. This time she is heavily pregnant when kidnapped by the evil Shani Queen Mother. With her telepathic baby Thor not even born yet, but just as mouthy as his mom, and his BFF a baby Tabor called Haki, an
Margaret
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
If you didn't get to read Just My Luck before it went out of print, you'll probably like this book. If, like me, you did get to read the first book in the series, then Just Desserts is a huge disappointment. At least (if not more than) half of this book is just revamped scenes cut straight out of the first book. So much is flashbacks I feel it should have come with a disclaimer. As it is, I feel I was tricked into buying the same book twice. What little new parts there were seemed rushed and poo ...more
Rhonda Jones
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snarky Humor With A Lot Of Action And Love

I enjoyed this book so much that I stayed up all night to read it. The snarky humor kept me laughing throughout the book even while dealing with serious topics like kidnappings, child birth during battle, and the carnage rendered by intergalactic megalomaniac psychopaths. Kaylee is an awesome heroine who never gives up. She is there for her family, friends, and allies fighting the evil Tai Kok race. And the allies in the Coletti Warlord world are fascina
Michelle Levan
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me in, had me reading in line at the store and sneaking pages in between my daily chores. If you haven't read the first one with this couple, this book does some flashbacks to catch you up. It is not necessary to read in sequence, but really, why wouldn't you as they are sexy, humorous, and full of non stop action. As I was lucky enough to read the first story for these characters the flashbacks served as reminders, like catching up with good friends and remembering when. Only b ...more
Cyn Silvane
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes sassy heroines, alpha heroes, fast paced action, lots of LOL moments
What can I say? I LOVE Gail's books. She is my go to author when I want something funny, action packed and sexy… with smart sassy heroines and delicious alpha heroes. Just My Luck is my favorite book by her so I was excited when she chose to write Just Desserts. The hero and heroine are the same. To answer another reviewer.... Yes, this book has some flashbacks (which I guesstimate take up less then 25% of the book) but to the majority of readers (who haven't had the pleasure of reading Just My ...more
Shizua Oliver
Just Desserts is just fabulous!

Yeah, Kaylee the trouble magnet is back. The birth of her little Warlord Thor has not changed her one iota. She is still kicking butt and taking no prisoners. We get to revisit scenes that have a little more detail than we had in the original story, as she retells them to an interested Soulet. Get your kindle or tablet fully charged and ready your going for a long awaited ride!
kevin buckner
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

Lots of wit and action with an underlying strength of family and friends. Absolutely loved the heroine. She's a good mix of strength and femininity. The H was a good match for her.
Emmie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
For the S.E. Smith fans. You will also enjoy this series. Very funny as well
Sherri
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-owned
This was a good story but I really didn't like having to read a good portion of the 1st book in this one.
Cindy
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very pregnant, very hormonal, and very kidnapped - Kaylee [the Jones girl mated to Talree in book 1] is having a really cranky day. The kidnapper expects her to beg for mercy but given the overloading hormones and the absence of chocolate mixed with Kaylee's usual trouble magnet personality - boy is she wrong. Of course it's a tough to be a kickass heroine when you haven't seen your feet in awhile.

Oh, and Bree's stepfather is along for the ride as is Tihar the Askole's sister who's going into he
Sophia
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I was excited to see this follow-up story for the first book in the series with Kaylee and Talree. It's fun to see her experience pregnancy and because she is a trouble magnet, work through dangerous situations too. Time with the many familiar characters was nice, but I appreciated the fairly new characters of Hank as a Coletti and his 'romance' with an Askole warrioress.

It was fun and nostalgic. Though I understand why the flashbacks were a big part of this one (namely, many folks haven't had t
Renee
ANOTHER HIT IN THE COLETTI WARLORDS SERIES!!!!! If I could I would give it more than 5 stars! I absolutely love this series. The Jones girls are snarky, kick ass heroines that are very very good at blowing stuff up. This book has a lot of back story from Just My Luck. If you haven't read Just My Luck, this is important info for you. I am one of the few lucky ones who have read Just My Luck and had no problem with the back story being told in this book. In fact it kind of refreshed my memory of i ...more
Michelle
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's just what the readers of this series need if they have not read Just my Luck or the Warlords Comeuppance as it gives an insight into Talree and kaylee relationship and how they first met and it goes on to explain their friendship with all the rest of the character. I just love it, I'm looking forward to see how Thor developed
Tania
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really love this author, I have read all of her books that she has written. I have been waiting for months to get my hands on this book. I must admit I found it a little disappointing.....it had so much of just my luck revised in this book I felt a little ripped off.
Denise
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
It was worth the wait. So good to catch up with the rest of characters in the other books and find out what is happening. I really hope there will be more books in this series. Highly recommend this author and her books.
llv
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rating: 3.5 stars
I'm still trying to figure out why I am finding this series so entertaining when each book follows the exact same formula. Each book is almost a carbon copy of the one before. This one even added flashbacks to a previous book. Luckily, I hadn't read said book so I didn't mind too much. I'm glad my friend lent me her copy since it did make smile in places. I'm still debating whether or I liked it enough to read the next installment.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

A huge fan of Ms. Koger, I am caught off guard when JUST DESSERTS is a surprising rehash of her first book, Just My Luck. Kaylee is back and she's pregnant. Not the most patient of people, being pregnant has made Kaylee even more of a hothead. What really surprised me about this book is how over fifty percent of this book is a copy of the first. There is very little new here and it just disappoints.

With this world Ms. Koger's created, it is usually filled with action-packed sequences. The sn
Rachel
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gskm
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining

Enjoyed visiting with old friends. Always enjoy the Coletti warlord stories. This was entertaining. Left it with a smile on my face and looking forward to the next one. Only 3 stars because there was reminiscing of another book which is adding pages to this not so long book which are not new. Enjoyed this one but there should have been totally new story pages and not pages & pages from a previous book. If going to reminisce, don't charge new book prices.
Betty
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CAN WE SAY WOW THAT'S CRAZY GREAT READING!!!

This whole series is just so much fun to read...believe me when I have been so waiting for this book to be able to add . ..Absolutely LOVE GAIL'S WONDERFUL SENSE OF HUMOR!!! Her characters are going to keep you glued to the pages and you'll be as hooked as I am...but thrilled about it!! Hopefully you'll have checked out all of the series for you wouldn't want to miss out on any of this awesome series.
Sylvia Haenga
Coletti Warlords

Omg, this series just keeps getting better and better. So totally love all the heorine character as they are all sassy, full of wit, and can fight dirty just as the warlords can. This series is a definite must read, its full of action, sass, wit, and alot of cave man style wooing but it is sooooo worth it lol.
Michelle
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent space opera adventure romance.,,

This is an action packed steamy sexy romance that you can't put down. I love Gail Koger's Colleti Warlords and can't wait to read more. There is humor, action and romance interwoven expertly throughout this story which makes it impossible to put down.
Kris England
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun story

A adventure a minute for out very pregnant heroine. A true trouble magnet she just in the right place at the right time! Her family seems to be constant scrabbling after her to catch up in time to help save her bacon! Loved it.
Hyacinth Janecyk
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really love this series. Loved how we got to hear about large snippets from the 1st book (that you can't get a hold off) about Talree and Kaylee. All the interesting friends that the Jones make are hilarious!! Thor was fabulous. Can't wait to read more about Hank and Soulet!!!!
Rhonda
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. The story just grabbed you from the first paragraph and never lets you go.
Trina
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5**

A bit too much rehashing...but all is forgiven for baby Thor.
Aubrey
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this read, found some of it repetitive, but overall a very exciting adventure and worth the time.
Angela
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A little more rehash than I like in a new book. (2.5)
Avril
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love all these books! So much snark and sex, it'll blow you away!
Annie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Kaylee and Talree

Kaylee Jones was the first to mate with a Co!Teri Warlord. She saved Talree from going faral. Now she is expecting her first baby. Kaylee is a trouble magnet She is kidnapped along with Hank by the Queen Mother, a snake like creature who wants to destroy the Coletti.
Kaylee is far from helpless. She has a psychic connection to her son Thor. Haki, a baby Tabor, who is Thor's best friend and Hank. Rescue comes quickly. They aren't safe for long. The Jones family lends a hand.
New Release Contest 1 11 May 31, 2015 03:08PM

• Mama and the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #1)
  • Claimed by an Alien Warrior
  • Pregnant by the Alien Healer (Warriors of the Lathar, #3)
  • Stolen by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #1)
  • Ascend (Haven #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Saved by the Alien Warrior: A Sci Fi Alien Romance (Warriors of Agron Book 3)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • Cassandra's Challenge (Imperial, #1)
  • Rescued by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #2)
  • Sarazen's Claim (Sarazen Saga, #1)
  • Won by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #3)
  • The Arcav King's Mate (Arcav Alien Invasion #1, part 1)
  • Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1)
  • The Arcav King's Obsession (Arcav Alien Invasion #1, part 2)
  • Nikhil (Kaliszians, #1)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)
  • Daughter of the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #3)
I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. My current project is STEALING JIA - another Coletti Warlord story.

Coletti Warlords (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Just My Luck (Coletti Warlords, #1)
  • The Warlord's Comeuppance (Coletti Warlords, #2)
  • Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords, #3)
  • Reality Bites (Coletti Warlords, #4)
  • Wulf and the Bounty Hunter (Coletti Warlords, #6)
  • Game on Askole (Coletti Warlords, #7)
  • Crossing Quinn (Coletti Warlords, #8)
  • Hothar's Folly (Coletti Warlords, #9)
  • Sassing Saul (Coletti Warlords, #10)
  • Defying the Relic Hunter (Coletti Warlords, #11)

News & Interviews