Start by marking “Tuesday Falling” as Want to Read:
Tuesday Falling

Tuesday Falling

A relentless thriller that will grip you by the throat and refuse to let go.

You’ve never met anyone like Tuesday. She has suffered extreme cruelty at the hands of men, and so has taken it upon herself to seek vengeance. She wants to protect and help others like her, to ease their suffering. A force to be reckoned with, she lives beneath the streets of London in the hidden

Published April 23rd 2015 by HarperFiction - KillerReads (first published March 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tuesday Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuesday Falling

Start your review of Tuesday Falling
Arah-Lynda
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperwhite, top, i-said, lod
The weak.  That’s me.  Five foot fuck- all and all dressed in black, like i’ve got nothing better to do with my time than watch “The Matrix”, and make pretty pictures on my arm with a blade.  A pretty girl, pretty fucked up.
Ripe for the plucking.
Come on then, boys.
Pluck me.

Goodness, gracious me.  This one grabbed me by the jugular and would not let go.

Tuesday is just a tiny waif of a goth girl, or better still a goth ghost.  She lives and manoeuvres in London's underground, hidden in a network o
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Officially one of my favourite contemporary books of all time.

Oh wow! What a total surprise this book is. Absolutely fantastically brilliant and definitely one of the best books I have read in 2016 so far. This one really intrigued me on every level and really touched on some new plot ideas that are so original. I absolutely freaking loved it.

So basic plot for you. We meet a "ghost" of a young woman who makes the hidden tunnels under London her base and home, she is super technology savvy and u
Jules
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An impossible to put down thriller of a read about victims and revenge, and what happens when the tables are turned, making it so incredibly satisfying to read.

Absolutely brilliant!

Fast paced and easy to follow, so has a bit of a feel of Young Adult fiction to it, but not being a huge fan of YA, I still loved this, and would say it can be enjoyed by those who love adult thrillers too.

Although there is heavy subject matter covered, there was also a hint of dark humour too, so I felt the overall
Sharon Bolton
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
‘These brothers aren’t really living, they’re simply decomposing in slow motion.”

Metropolitan police detectives Loss and Stone can barely believe what's going on, when a gang of rapists and drug pushers is taken down - effortlessly and in seconds - by a tiny wisp of a Goth girl, who films the encounter and posts the footage to social media. Her name is Tuesday.

In the days that follow, Tuesday emerges from the shadows like a wraith, strikes with the deadly accuracy of a cobra, and then vanishes
Tracy Fenton
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't begin to explain how much I loved this book. Firstly it grabbed me by the throat on the first page and did not let go until the last page. This is a brilliantly, clever and witty book which would appeal to anyone with a sense of humour. The main character Tuesday makes Lisbeth Salander seem like a techno-phobe. This book is like the love child of Kill Bill and Kick Ass and I absolutely loved it. If you like dark humour and enjoyed Normal by Graeme Cameron, then I am pretty confident that ...more
Sandy
So...I've got a stack of books I've been adding to for years in a "some day" pile. This year, I decided that every 5th read would be a random selection from that pile in an effort to make a little space on my shelves & my kindle.

I got this a couple of years ago so I'm really late to the party but now I see what all the hoopla was about. While I try to shape my thoughts into something vaguely coherent, just know this was brilliant. Read it in a day because I could not put it down. Where, oh wher
BookwormDH
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

I need to come down from this book. What an exceptional story and brilliant writing.

Tuesday is living in the hidden underground and tunnels that hide beneath the streets of London. She is not your average girl sleeping rough, though! She is seeking vengeance against the likes of men that have contributed to her horrible past.

I don't want to give any spoilers - you can read the synopsis.

All I can say is - READ THIS BOOK! Fast paced, brutal, page-turning, and an amazing storyline.

It blew me aw
Sean Peters
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Net Galley, the publishers and the author for an advanced copy, and what a book.

So of my favourite authors praise this book.

An awe-inspiring main character…I recommend it hugely!’ SHARON BOLTON

‘I could not put it down. Totally loved it. Excellent writing, brilliant story’ ANGELA MARSONS

A relentless thriller that will grip you by the throat and refuse to let go! Perfect for fans of SILENT SCREAM by Angela Marsons, and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

You’ve never met anyone like Tuesd
Brenda
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first, this book felt like it should have been a YA book. The main character, Tuesday, is a young girl who has suffered extreme pain and loss. The author has given this girl a voice that is very realistic with the lingo and profanity and snarky comments. This irritated me at first, but maybe I just got used to it the more I read. Tuesday lives in the underground of London, which gives her access to many things, including the ability to disappear quickly. Until the end of the book, I didn't ha ...more
Mandy
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved this story and couldn't put it down.

Apparently if we "Rave, review and recruit" we will hear more from Tuesday, well I am raving!!! :)
Bill Kupersmith
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was as an undergraduate visiting friends in New York City & riding the subway as the train zipped past an abandoned station & I started fantasing what it would be like to live in one, paying no rent & invisible to surface dwellers. In Tuesday Falling the principal character has managed something like that in London & a lot more. The below-ground vaults & tunnels of metropolitan London have become a common feature in contemporary crime fiction. A. J. Waite used the sewers - in the 18th century ...more
Liz Barnsley
Tuesday Falling is a marvel of a read, crime fiction with a techno twist, a heroine that puts Lisbeth Salandar to shame and a piece of storytelling genius that will have you up on your feet cheering as if you were at a rock concert.

It is a revenge thriller. It is also book full of social commentary done in a way that challenges the mind. There are thrills and spills, dark violence (hence I imagine why it is marketed as an adult book despite the young adult main protagonist) but also an awful lot
Noelle
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Holy-Bloody-Hell!! What a book! I had come across this book on various book clubs/groups I am a member of and decided to give it a go. At 99p (and still is by the way) there would be nothing lost if I did not actually like it. So glad I took a chance and bagged this beauty as I tell you what…it is a definite must read!

Tuesday is not your typical protagonist. She is an anti hero who you find yourself immediately drawn to. A broken soul with a kick-ass drive for retribution, you cannot help b
Emma
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trashy, violent, and brilliant.

Can't wait to read more.
Paul Bryant
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: novels
At first, before the fun started to wear a bit thin, this was fun - a genuine page-turner, with Tuesday as the younger even tougher even thinner even smarter sister of Lisbeth Salander, the famous dragon tattoo cyberpunk supersleuth. And as if to draw attention to this central unoriginality, the blurb on the back has the temerity to blare YOU’VE NEVER MET ANYONE LIKE TUESDAY in big letters. Readers will be yelling Oh yes we have, LISBETH SALANDER you lying blurber.

But I do give S. Williams cred
Mark Tilbury
This book grabs hold of you on the first page and never lets go. Seventeen year old Tuesday has a plan. A plan that's been three years in the making, and one that as a reader you hope she can pull off.

Tuesday looks like a goth, someone who the gangs think will be easy prey. How wrong they are. She shows them that true strength comes from wisdom, planning and resourcefulness. Not snorting/injecting drugs or raping girls for fun. She shows these gangs that actions have consequences and that punish
Raven
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fresh, unique and exciting would be just three of the words I would use to describe this wholly original debut crime thriller. Set underground, over-ground (not Womble-ing free) in London, this thriller combines the technological savvy age and cut and thrust of the teeming life of the metropolis, whilst bringing to the reader’s attention the historical underbelly of this great city. I adored the delicious and surprising detail of the life below the city streets, that Peter Ackroyd, would be envi ...more
Claire
Who is Tuesday? Why is she doing this? The two questions that hit me after the first chapter. As I went further into the book, I found out more about Tuesday and how and why she does what she does. Slowly the police trying to locate her are finding out too.

It's not just a story about a vigilante extraordinaire (I saw a bit of Daredevil in her) but it's an brief education about hidden London which was enlightening!

The book is addictive, I just wanted to keep reading to find out what happens next
Stephen Clynes
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tuesday is 17 years old and she lives below the streets in tunnels around London. Tuesday has attitude by the shed load and this thriller sees her deal with the bad guys in her quest to right some wrongs and to help others.

I really, really enjoyed this novel. I found it very engaging and it was great to enter another world. Woven into this story was the concept of the possibility of a society living underground in London whom the ordinary population living above the surface are blissfully unawar
Kath Middleton
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tuesday is the chosen name for a seventeen year old girl who has been living in the disused underground tunnels of London for three years. All that time she's been plotting revenge. It'll spoil the story if I tell you why, but it's not simply personal vengeance she's after. From her warren of tunnels, Tuesday systematically kills or maims the members of gangs who exploit and rape youngsters. She's hot stuff with the technology, too. Much of her life is run on the dark web. She is connected, in a ...more
Amy
I enjoyed much about this book. Mainly the main character and her will of vigilanteism. Tuesday, you go girl! The lingo took a moment to catch me at first and I found myself rereading at times when I'd come back to the book. I really thought going into it that it was going to be a five star for me as people I tend to agree with in ratings and interests rated it very high. However, there was just something missing for me personally, though I can't quite put my finger on it.
I definitely would rec
Manda Scott
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot of books in this job, probably too many - there came a point about ten years ago when I realised how jaded I was becoming, and how few books I would have read to the end if I didn’t have to.
and then once in a while, something comes along that is genuinely fresh and sparky and alive and utterly, breathtakingly compelling and I find I’ve run out of adjectives…
and have to resort to tautologies and repetitions

This is really, really good. Superbly good. Amazingly good. I started readi
Ellen
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brutal yet strangely endearing - Tuesday is a teenage girl hell bent on revenge on the drug dealers, rapists and gangs of London. Ensconced in the forgotten tunnels of the Underground, Tuesday has been plotting her revenge. An inventive killer and a technical genius, no-one gets in her way.
DI Loss is investigating this "ghost" girl whilst dealing with his own personal tragedy. What is his link to Tuesday?
A fantastic debut novel and I sincerely hope there will be more!!
Amanda Gilliatt
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this book,love how she keeps the cops on there toes and her wit n humour,sad to find out what she is going through and her reasons for doing what shes does.I won this book via first reads goodreads.
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
A really great action packed read! Full review on www.bibliophilebookclub.com ...more
Claire

ISBN: 978-0008132750

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5/5

Synopsis:

A relentless thriller that will grip you by the throat. Perfect for fans of SILENT SCREAM, by Angela Marsons, and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is the authors debut novel and I've got to say after reading Tuesday Falling I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

The story to start with felt more like a book that a young adult audience would like but as the book went on I think young adults and adults a like will really enjoy it.

The storyline in itself is very intriguing as the question on everyone's lips including the reader is who exactly is Tuesday and why has she taken it upon herself to become some sort of vigilante a
Alexina
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW!

Who is Tuesday? She is a sharp witted, kick ass anti heroine.

Why she does what she does is revealed in short snappy chapters as well as her back story, you have a fantastic description of London on a level you don't often get to read about.

I was drawn in straight away by this book, and she got under my skin...it's a well paced, great thought out plot.

The characters were just brilliant. Tackling difficult subjects without being too morose.

Tuesday is a character that I will carry with m
Nicola Mitchell
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great debut novel. A main character, who even though their acts are questionable, you root for them from the very beginning. If there are more than a few elements of truth in it, then I hope for a Tuesday to help see us through.
J.M. Hewitt
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
This is an amazing debut and I can't wait to see more from this author and from Tuesday and DI's Loss and Stone.
Honestly? The best crime thriller I've read in a long time. More than 5 stars from me!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • Jubilee
  • Eli, Eli
  • The Prodigal Sister
  • Chosen Child
  • Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)
  • Our Song
  • She's Not Coming Home
  • Amy Angel (Geheimnisvolle Mädchen, #2)
  • Chasing Venus
  • The Plumberry School of Comfort Food (The Plumberry School of Comfort Food, #1-4)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • East of the Sun
  • Dead Gone (DI Murphy and DS Rossi, #1)
  • Mystery Man (Mystery Man #1)
  • Awakening