Start by marking “Mutation (Twenty-Five Percent #1)” as Want to Read:
Mutation (Twenty-Five Percent #1)

Mutation

(Twenty-Five Percent #1)

Bitten. Infected. Turned.

Cured.

Alex survived the virus that turns its victims into mindless flesh-eaters, but it left him mutated, with super-human strength and white eyes.

Feared and despised.

The world has lived with the virus for thirteen years, but now a new strain is turning thousands into ravenous monsters, faster than ever before.

And Alex is trapped right in the middl
Published May 5th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Mutation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mutation

Start your review of Mutation (Twenty-Five Percent #1)
Cheryl
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just a stunning take on the zombie (or eaters) genre. Great characters, thrilling, scary adventures and a conspiracy to sink your teeth into and follow into the next book of this trilogy.
Whispering Stories
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Constable Alexander MacCallum (Alex), is a survivor of a contagious virus know as Meir’s Disease. The disease turns humans into zombie-like creatures called, Eaters.

Around 4-5 days after being infected, the victims temperatures’ rise, toxins affect their brains, the iris’s of their eyes turn almost white, oh and they start eating human flesh!

Over time an antidote was discovered, but unfortunately it only worked in 25% of affected cases. It cured all of the symptoms, barring one; the vi
Hobart
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Last week, one hour after scheduling a post where I complained about Zombie stories, I loaded the next novel on my list onto my Kindle, and, of course, it's a Zombie novel. How I agreed to read two of them in a month, I'll never understand. I did say that there are exceptions to my "no Zombie" taste, thankfully, this turned out to be one of them.

So, in this particular version of the Zombie plague -- humanity comes up with a cure before the pandemic becomes so widespread that there's no hope for
Adam Smith
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Despite their bravado, most of the men facing them now looked on edge, ranging from nervous to downright terrified, glancing around them as if they expected a wave of ravenous monsters to flood from the surrounding buildings at any second. It was one thing to shout and goad an empty street, but quite another to come face to face with their nightmares."

Mutation is book one in the Twenty-Five Percent series; featuring samurai swords, bromance, romance, gore, suspense, guns (in the UK!), motorbike
S. Thomas
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alex’s is a Meir’s disease survivor. The disease turns its victim into a mindless, flesh eating, super strong monster. It’s being a zombie except physiologically possible. Not many can be cured and those who are keep the white eyes and super strength. Micah has been leading mobs of protestors to the neighborhood where survivors congregate. He and Alex are on opposite sides of a new discrimination and the law until they are forced to escape an eater outbreak together.

I really enjoyed the plot an
Sars
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end of the world makes for strange bedfellows.

Alex and Micah are basically the same person — except they couldn’t be more different. They’re equally competitive, have the same sense of humour, the same taste in women, the same personality. But their very different lived experiences have made them well-matched enemies. Until the world falls apart and they’re thrown together with no one else to watch their backs.

Mutation is a galloping, action-packed, non-stop, edge-of-your-seat, nail-biter of
Janis
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
We have a nice slow-zombie plague that, for 25% of the population there is a cure for. Wonderful, if you're one of the lucky 25%. Then someone gets the wonderful idea to monkey with the virus, not with the noble idea of improving the 25% but of making a mindless super soldier. These new zombies turn in 10 minutes not 5 days, they can slow jog and they work together - everyones' worst fear! A very different zombie take and a great read! Can't wait for the next one. ...more
Autumn Danner
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action-Packed & Great Dynamics

I'm new to zombie stories, but this book really drew me in. I loved the interplay between the main characters, and there was so much going on that I didn't want to set the book aside until I was done. I'm hooked and will be continuing the series. If you like zombie stories, this is a must read! If you don't like zombie stories, this book may change your mind!
Dan&Laurie Butler
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I FREAKING LOVED IT!

This book is hands down the best apocalyptic book I've read. For me, it had all the things that a story like this should. Fast paced, and believable action. An unlikely pair that are forced to team up to survive, they develop a friendship and a comedy banter that is off the chain funny! This one could be a stand alone. Kinda.
Anyway, You cant go wrong with this one. I cant wait to read the next one!
CARLAS L MADRIGAL
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Will definitely read the other books. Good spin on the often overdone classic zombie apocalypse tale. In this book everything was not always black and white, and there was often hope instead of hopelessness. It was also on tale about putting aside prejudices and firming unlikely friendships. I don't want to give away too much, but I definitely recommend this book.
Peter Bruyns
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zombies Galore

Somewhere in England there are zombies, apparently there are MANY zombies. If you read the book then you will find out how to find them. Seriously, this book is good reading. If you want to spend some money for good entertainment then go no further.
Laurence scott
Aug 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Never judge a book by its cover

I wasn't sure about this book when I saw the cover but the blurb sounded good and I am so glad I downloaded it. Loved the characters and story. Wish book 2 was free
Kitty
Read :August 26, 2021
Rating :4 Stars

Wildly unbelievable but marvelously entertaining.

This was a lot of fun, I tend to struggle with following a male Mc but I liked this one even though his jokes are terrible.

I'll read the others in this series too.
Julia t chessher
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I'm not a big fan of zombies but this book grabbed me from the start. I laughed,cried,and had all sorts emotions. I highly recommend this book
Edna
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay I guess

This book was okay. I've read far better and far worse. So read if your bored I guess. Word word
Jade Wilson
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just what you want from a zombie/apocalypse book. Terror twists blood death and some laughs. I was hooked from the first page.
Elizabeth
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a fan of zombies stories but this was an amazing read. Love the friendship between Alex and Micah especially after the way they first met. Very well written book!! ...more
Michelle Buck
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting but not enough to buy the sequels
Shannon Johnson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book!

Enjoyed it, can't wait to read more by Nerys Wheatley. This book had action, drama, a hint of romance, and a sense of humor.
Vicky Quenault
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great twist to the zombie genre with the Survivors. Good read, would recommend giving it a go.
Rose Moore
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mutation book 1

Liked it, especially the connection that developed between Alex and Micah. Will need to read the follow on, keep up the good work.
Roxy
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So good a read

Laughing out aloud at this well designed story line. You have just got to love these interactions. I couldn't stop smiling.
Tay LaRoi
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Mutation is an exciting, action-packed, zombie-filled thrill ride with something for undead fans an non-fans alike.
Alex MacCallum thought life had gone back to normal. Sure, he’s stigmatized like everyone else who recovered from the zombie virus, but at least no one’s munching on other humans anymore. That is until a new strain surfaces, turning its victims into monsters faster than ever before. Now Alex must find out who let t
Autumn
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I received this book to give an honest review.
So this book for me rated right on up there with Shana Festa it was just freaking amazing is all I can say. This story was very unique to me as I have never thought or read about a book where people who became zombies could come back and become normal people and the only thing different is the eyes.
The author did an amazing job with the action and the characters especially the two main characters. I found myself laughing on more than one occasion be
Katie Blythe
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Alex MacCallum is a Survivor, meaning he got bit by a zombie, got treated for it, and survived. He’s still the same person he was before he got bit except for his eyes which are all white with small black pupils. The disease has been around for 13 years and is called Meir’s disease, which takes about 5 weeks for someone to either get better and survive, or they become a full untreatable zombie. Micah Clarke can’t stand Sur
p m caunt
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excelent

This was an edge of your seat sort of story. Good balance of humour, very good main characters. Not too gory.
☆Joycedale☆
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
13 yrs ago the Meir virus came and zombies happened. It took 5 days to turn and eventually a cure was able to help 25% of people that seeked treatment in time.
4 yrs ago Alex was bitten in the line of duty, he survived and now is what's known as white eyes. The survivors that lose their iris colors and are stronger and have somewhat heightened senses. Also they can't be reinfected.
Micah is part of the population that believes the survivors are dangerous.
When eaters start showing up in the streets
Lee Aston
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bloody fantastic

This is the creme de la creme of zombie books,funny,dark and highly enjoyable,can't wait to read book two of Alex and Micah's journey.
Kathy
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book. One of the BEST zombie books I have ever read ( and I have read loads ). This has it all, gross factor,suspense,yelling at the characters like they can hear you and humor. The humor works so well in this story. Lightens the suspense ànd makes the main characters more human. A wonderful twist on this zombie story is what the author calls the Survivors or "white eyes". When the virus makes its appearance, some humans survive with white eyes. And enha ...more
Angie Taylor
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Zombie apocalyptic books are not my favorite reads since they seem to be a repeat of what someone else has already written. However, I found Mutation fresh and engaging. The writing was tight and I really connected with the two main characters. I was surprised at how much their friendship grew on me. Nicely done. This story was also filled with action that kept me interested. One life or death scene after another. The only subplot that I did not care for at all was K ...more
Nook books: August 25, 2017 2 2 Aug 26, 2017 06:28PM
Kindle Unlimited ...: Mutation by Nerys Wheatley 1 2 Sep 17, 2016 08:33AM

• Captain's Call Book One
  • Against Time (Seeders Universe #2)
  • Pulse (Kate Redman Mysteries, #10)
  • Find Yuri (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #10; Fury Trilogy #1)
  • Armstrong Station (Requiem's Run, #1)
  • Dead Before Dying (Shadow Valley Manor #1)
  • Fallen Star (Project Gauntlet, #1)
  • Sound of a Furious Sky (FBI Agent Domini Walker #1)
  • Child of Silence (Bo Bradley, #1)
  • Cold Red (FBI Joint Task Force, #2)
  • Violent Graduation (Jack Foster Space Opera, #1)
  • Cost of  Survival (Worth of Souls #1)
  • Symbiosis (Justice Keepers Saga #1)
  • The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
  • Stage 3 - A Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Thriller
  • Defiant Guardians: A Collection of Epic Fantasy Tales from Five Wizards of Fantasy
  • Storm Portal (Quantum Touch Book 1)
Nerys Wheatley has an underabundance of excitement in her life and an overabundance of imagination which is constantly making up stuff in her head. She writes fast moving, action packed science fiction because she has to let the stories out somehow.

She was born in the UK, which makes her spelling just that bit more thrilling. Her greatest wish is to wake up one day to find the remaining boxes fro

Twenty-Five Percent (3 books)
  • Downfall (Twenty-Five Percent  #2)
  • Vengeance (Twenty-Five Percent #3)

News & Interviews

The winter holiday season tends to be a busy one in the romance aisle. To assist you in finding your next hot read to warm up a cold night,...