Start by marking “Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)

Vision in Silver

(The Others #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  23,253 ratings  ·  2,230 reviews
The Others freed the cassandra sangue to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before; both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter l ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 493 pages
Published February 2nd 2016 by Roc (first published March 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Vision in Silver, please sign up.
Carolina If you haven't read Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniel series or her new Burn for Me book, I highly, HIGHLY recommend those two series. I have yet to…moreIf you haven't read Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniel series or her new Burn for Me book, I highly, HIGHLY recommend those two series. I have yet to recommend an Ilona Andrews book and get a negative reaction on them.(less)
Delta
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Up until now I had been giving the books in this series four stars? Why? Maybe because I'm stingy with the stars? Maybe because I'm stoopid?!
I'm breaking down and giving the stars. This is probably the best paranormal fiction I have read. I admit it.

There are more storms coming. Big storms. Bad storms. We need to make this place work.

That's the biggest question in this book. Can the "Others" keep living with the humans. After the humans act like dumbasses with the Humans First movement.

The worl
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Three five-star ratings for three books in this series, that’s pretty much all you need to know before running to the bookstore to get your own copies of all three available books. But if you need more convincing (as I usually do), I’m more than happy to sing praise until I go hoarse. Or lose a finger typing. You get my point.

Here it is in no uncertain terms: The Others, Anne Bishop’s fantasy series, is brilliant, no two ways about it. Her worldbuilding is extraordinary, her characters fascinati
carol.
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans who don't need sexxytimes
From the blog at https://clsiewert.wordpress.com/2015/... where I had a lot of fun playing link-to-my-review.

description

I cannot effing believe how much this series is like candy for my brain. Really; utterly predictable, but clearly engineered to hit that magic trifecta of sugar, fat and salt. Read and could not put it down. I'm not even bothered by the filling I now need.

*************

Ok, feelz out of the way, I spent some time on a thoughtful review:

Three hundred posts has given, at the very least, persp
Anne
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much is wrong with this book. Hell, this entire series!
BUT I CAN'T STOP READING.
It's so frustrating to know on an intellectual level that there are multiple plot holes (view spoiler)
Faye, la Patata
Make way, make way, for the newest installment of the best Urban Fantasy is now upon us. I shit you not, folks, The Others is still going strong, and no doubt it would continue to be so in the years to come. If I ever had one wish for the literary world, it would be this: that Anne Bishop would never, ever tire of writing about this complex, fantastic world, because when that day comes, I fear it would be the day my heart would wilt and die. I wish I were kidding, but I seriously love this serie ...more
Simona Bartolotta
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Buddy read with- oh, people, you should know it by now.
Buddy read with Nina, whose review I unremorsefully command you to read.

As a matter of fact, as for Murder of Crows the true rating is 3.5, but the general impression that the book left in my impenetrable (especially to myself) mind is closer to four than to three, hence the four stars.
I never said my rating policy was easily understandable. But I can assure you I'm being coherent with myself.

"She will show your pups around the Market Sq
♥Rachel♥
I’m sad after finishing Visions of Silver because I truly didn’t want the book to end! I kept thinking “nooooo” as I saw the percentage on my Kindle climbing to 100. I have to say this is my favorite fantasy series out there to date. This installment was very much about Monty and his daughter Lizzy, and the changing relationship between terra indigene and humans.

As we know from the previous books, Elayne, Monty’s former lover, had taken up with Nicolas Scratch, prominent spokesperson of Humans
Betsy~ISoldMySoulForBooks~
WHAT? I have to wait until March 2015!NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I will wait even if it takes forever.

1 minute later

description

I WANT THIS BOOK!!!PLEASE I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!!
Yodamom
Arooooooo ! There you go, a one word review.
Slide show review-
I loved it for the slowly built and beautiful bonding between beings. The howling moment with ______ and ______ was so….. :D

I loved the justice served by the _______ on the _________ :D

and

I love the black misty ones, the way they handled _______- bravo Ms. Bishop

I was _____ for one fierce Other

A simple drawing squeezed my heart

Some will be missed, some not, but death came

I was thinking

The ending was so ______________.

Jilly

Now that I am finished with this book, I have to wait an entire year for the next one. And, I just can't do that. Nope. Not good at waiting. At all.

I love this series so much! There is no end to the amazing characters who are so well written that they steal my heart. I just want Anne Bishop locked in a room, writing, forever, so that I can keep reading her books. Is that too much to ask?

So, in this book, we are really continuing on with the story that has been shaping up for a while. There is a
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Let it be known that this series is peerless; Anne Bishop’s world-building is innovative, her characters are exceptional, and the story is obsession inducing. I picked-up WRITTEN IN RED on a whim in 2013, and was wowed beyond measure. My fixation with all things THE OTHERS is so profound that it should be a bona fide medical condition. No joke! I listened to the previous two installments, so I did have some concerns that switching to hard copy might diminish my enjoyment
Lindsey Rey
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, favorites, fantasy
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS SERIES! SO GOOD! WOOOOOOOOOO!
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN

Why is Meg in this book's cover? This isn't a book about Meg. This was Monty's and Lizz's book. I saw very little of Meg and I am so upset and disappointed. I mean, Monty and his daughter aren't even Others.

First 50% was good-ish.

. “She’s learning from us; we’re learning from her. And she and I . . . We’re learning together.”

BUT there were some things that I just can't get. Meg and Simon being friends or something they don't understand. Ok, I can't expect Meg to know what Romance or Love is(bec
Steph McG
I hate to say it but this instalment in the series was boring. The book started off promising with the conflict between the humans and terra indigene but this plot overpowered everything else in the book. There was little to no character growth between Meg and the inhabitants of the courtyard. This was particularly annoying in relation to Meg and Simon. Everyone, including readers and the characters in the book, know where this relationship is going and yet nothing has happened to further my int ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
I want to preface this by saying I totally enjoy this series.

I like Meg. I like Simon. I’m keep hoping that somehow they will hook up and soon but it is really slow on that front….like snail pace slow. Still even though the romance I long for is waiting to catch fire that didn’t diminish my enjoyment of this book.

There are a few issues though that I saw in this. It sometimes gets a bit repetitive. Good if you are going a year between books and need a refresher, everything from prior books is br
Steven
This series is quickly becoming one of my top favorites. Such an interesting world. I'm totally caught up in the lives and challenges of these two groups of people struggling to make things work in a world that is headed towards a war. The Others and their "human pack" are such an intriguing story to read. I love the growth we've seen in the Others as they come to care for some humans, and the increase in number of humans on the "right side of history."

This book was darker than the previous two
Choko
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with my family at the Wednesday BB&B Urban Fantasy Group!

This series continues to get better and better. The overall arc of humans trying to live in harmony with the original inhabitants of the planet, The Others, and failing miserably, has taken a very interesting route under the treatment of the author, Anne Bishop. I have heard many times that you either like her writing or you hate it, and once again I am finding out that I am on "I Love It" side of the argument
Sanaa
[5 Stars] So freaking good I can't even, AND THAT LAST SCENE. I need the next book right now...
Shannon
This series is pure comfort reading for me now. I can't explain why but even when the characters are planting a garden I'm engaged. And when Tess gets mad I need to know why and what exactly is a "picnic that's not a picnic" and who is this new person and what is the plan and why are ...

Just neverending questions and WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I need to read about these characters' lives and how things are changing for them: it's no longer just a want. And I swear that almost every time Meg tears up I d
Jo
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves Urban Fantasy!
She wasn’t a Wolf. She wasn’t terra indigene. Despite that, Meg was becoming one of them.

There are no words to convey how much I LOVE this series!!!

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS.

When the Others saved the cassandra sangue from their jailers, they never expected the danger that would follow. No one knows how to protect these fragile seers, especially when all of them seems unable to handle their new surroundings. And the only one who can provide the answers to saving them is Meg Cor

Kathe L
The first half of this book is like a gigantic puzzle. It gives you tons of information and builds a world and situations that are bond to happen. You know it. The thing is: sometimes, you don't understand why what you are reading is so important. But it is. And it will come back later and you'll be 'ahhh now it makes sense.'

"She wasn't a wolf. She wasn't a terra indigene. Despite that, Meg was becoming one of them."

While Meg, the blood prophet who has to cut herself in order to have visions of
Beth
Vision in Silver is an utterly brilliant addition to The Other Series by Anne Bishop.

Simon Wolfgard, leader of the Courtyard, is dealing with the aftermath of cassandra sangue's freedom. The once exploited seers are not handling their new freedom very well. There are those who wish to use the difficulties to regaining use of cassandra sangue while causing political turmoil against the Others.

Someone is trying to insight war between the inhabitants of Atlantik. The treachery is growing in the hu
Jen Davis
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Meg is back! Well, she is not actually The Meg anymore. She's Our Meg and that may be even better.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, you are clearly missing out on one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series and you need to stop what you are doing and go buy Written in Red. No really. Do it now.

This third installment picks up right on the heels of book 2. It follows Meg as she continues to find balance, free of the Controller and the Walking Names who shaped her life for so long. She h
Paranormal Kiss
Vision in Silver is the 3rd book in The Others series by Anne Bishop. I liked this one but compared to the first two books it was a bit of a letdown. In this book, the story is told from the viewpoints of several characters. While in the first two books we read from mainly Meg’s perspective. I adored her voice. Unfortunately we don’t get nearly as much from Meg in this one.

I’ve never been a fan of reading books that are told from a large cast of characters, as this one was. The perspective is s
Isabella
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I loved this book so much. It was everything I could dream of in terms of story and world building. So many potentials and Bishop knows how to use them all.

14/07/14

OH MY GOD THE COVER OH MY GOD

IT IS SO PRETTY.

MEG IT'S YOU. I LOVE YOU, MEG.

***

March 2015.

And no one cares when I try to express my sorrow.

Lila
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars

With unlike heroine, big twist on werewolves and vampires myth and ambitious world building, I am pretty sure The Others series has the most original concept in genre right now. There is nothing like it out there and it's the idea Bishop is pitching successfully to readers third year in a row.:)
**************************

With second book we finally took a step out of Courtyard to see a bigger picture of Namid's world. That added new layers to story since we became aware that there are m
Alexa
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I’m not sure why I gave this one the same rating as the last two.

It’s still good and I pretty much inhaled it the minute it was released, but it had several problems, the first being that things start getting repetitive, like these kinds of comments:
“cassandra sangue retained the sweetness of a child’s heart,” or

“they were Namid’s creation, both wondrous and terrible,”

You told me already, let’s move on!

My other problem with the book is that it tries to fix a plot problem by reversing character
Kells Next Read
I'm so addicted to this series. Can't wait for the release of book 4.

I can safely say Anne Bishop is a new fave author.

So many feels about the characters and the storyline in this series.

All the stars I can possibly muster ; 0
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5; Barbarian, #1)
  • Tainted Blood (Generation V, #3)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of fourteen novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. Her most recent novel, Twilight’s Dawn, made the New York Times bestseller list. She is currently working on a new series, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.

Crawford Award (2000)

Librar

The Others (7 books)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Lake Silence (The Others, #6)
  • Wild Country (The Others, #7)
“For now, he and Meg were going to have the adventure of seeing a new place and having a new experience. Together.
He wasn't human. Would never be human. And Meg didn't expect him to be. But feeling her hand in his, Simon thought maybe he could learn to be human enough.”
54 likes
“Why couldn’t they just give the human female a bag of money and then pee on the building so that everyone would know it was theirs?” 49 likes