Start by marking “Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1

Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1

(Oh My Goddess Omnibus #1)

College student Keiichi Morisato thought it was a prank when a strange, beautiful young woman appeared in his dorm room one night. But his unexpected visitor is literally a goddess from heaven, Belldandy, come to grant him any single wish of his choosing. When Keiichi wishes that Belldandy stay with him forever, it's the beginning of a complicated, cosmic saga of comedy ...more
Published August 11th 2015 by Dark Horse Manga

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1

Start your review of Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1
Derek Royal
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't know what to expect, other than this was a very popular series, and that as such, I might think it too ordinary. But I was surprised that I liked this title as much as I did. But this seinen title reminded me of Takahashi's Maison Ikkuko, which I very much enjoy. The episodic, sitcom-like structure of the storytelling is enjoyable, and not heavy at all. We'll discuss this book, along with the Batmaga volumes, on this month's manga episode of the podcast.
osoi
Парень ошибается номером, и ему на голову сваливается богиня, обещающая исполнить любое (одно) желание. Недолго думая, он своим желанием привязывает к себе богиню без возможности отката. С этого начинается длиннющая манга под названием Oh! My Goddess, первые три тома которой мне и довелось почитать.

Что хорошего:

+ Жанр и атмосфера. Комедия, слайс, немного романтики. Сюжет эпизодичный, без ангста и лишних драм. Мне очень импонирует такая расслабленная атмосфера, когда знаешь, что невзгоды
R
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting story but lewd at times.
Kari
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, quick read. I can see why it’s the longest run manga translated to English! It is kind of funny seeing all those *great* late 80s styles and verbiage!
Aaron
Over and through dozens of volumes of clever misadventures, Keiichi and Belldandy have weathered the years with a (mostly) wholesome humor that so few contemporary manga couples can duplicate. It has been said that the two twenty-somethings are perfect for one another because: a) Keiichi is the type of guy that most women would walk all over, and b) Belldandy is the type of woman that men would no doubt take advantage of at first thought. OH MY GODDESS! is a case of same-meets-same.

But sameness
Doc
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oh-my-goddess, manga
After being published in English for many years "Oh My Goddess!" is now being published in oversized (similar in size to the original flip versions in the early 2000s) edition with color pages splashed here and there through the book on nice glossy paper. I have seen both the flip and the original manga put out by Dark Horse and can assure this collection of several volumes of the series is not only superior in page quality but also price as you get a large print of this classic on nice paper ...more
Kati
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Gorgeously drawn and thoroughly enjoyed and had many laugh out loud moments. It seems to wander a lot which is why only 3 stars but I have a feeling it will continue to improve in further volumes which I do plan on reading.
Julia
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the first mangas I ever read. I read it out of order because I checked them out from the library and I was a stupid bab. Any way its nice to see the stories in order now (not that they're that complicated).
Charles
Jul 06, 2017
James
Mar 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • The Time Scouts Handbook
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 1 (Children of the Sea, #1)
  • Daughter of Havenglade (Daughter of Havenglade #1)
  • This Year You Write Your Novel
  • All Quiet in the Amish Zone (Pennsylvania #3)
  • Non-Electric Boogaloo (Pennsylvania #2)
  • The Peaceful Kind (Pennsylvania, #5)
  • Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania, #1)
  • Thou Shalt Not (Pennsylvania, #4)
  • Toil and Trouble
  • Avogadro Corp (Singularity #1)
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order : Angel Cake, Vol. 11
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order : Angel Goes Nova, Vol. 10
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order : Angel's Duty, Vol. 09
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order : Angel Redux, Vol. 12
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order, Vol. 16
Kōsuke Fujishima (藤島 康介, born July 7, 1964) is a Japanese manga artist.

Born in Chiba, Japan, he first came to public attention as an editor of Puff magazine, his first job after completing high school. Fujishima originally intended to be a draftsman, but took the editorial role after failing to get a drafting apprenticeship. He later became assistant to manga artist Tatsuya Egawa in the production

Oh My Goddess Omnibus (6 books)
  • Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 2