Start by marking “Grayson, Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn” as Want to Read:
Grayson, Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn

Grayson, Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn

(Grayson #2)

The next thrilling chapter of Dick Graysons life, and the mysterious underside of the DC Universe!
Former acrobat. Former Robin. Former Nightwing. Spy. Dick Grayson, now entrenched in the international spy organization known as Spyral, is on the hunt for the Paragon Protocolmetahuman biological organs that grant normal humans supernatural abilities.
But the secret lifestyle
Paperback, Trade, 160 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Grayson, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grayson, Volume 2

Start your review of Grayson, Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn
Anne
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I LOVED Agents of Spyral, so I was super excited to get my hands on We All Die At Dawn. But midway through the second issue, I knew this volume just wasn't for me.
As I was reading, it felt like chunks of the story were missing. Important chunks. But I kept on reading, because I thought maybe it would all come together in the end.
As I guess it sort of did, but the conclusion was (I thought) extremely unsatisfying.

description

Along with (what felt like) missing info, it also seemed like the issues would
Carmen
Jun 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
So bizarre and pointless.
Sesana
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
(Received from Netgalley for review)

After reading both volumes of Grayson, I'd venture to say that the one problem with this book is, in actual point of fact, the title character. Because if you can ignore that this is meant to be Dick Grayson, formerly Robin and Nightwing, and treat him as an entirely new character, then this is a decent spy book. Making the main character Dick just brings in a whole host of issues, including that Dick just isn't suited to be an undercover spy who will be
Shannon
Jul 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc, 2017
wtf am I even reading???

Is that ... supposed to be a euphemism?

Ah, my favorite, writing dialogue with an accent.
Chris
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Continuing the story from Agents Of Spyral, We All Die At Dawn is a second successful outing for the Grayson creative team. Collecting issues #5-8 and Annual #1, this volume concludes what writers Tim Seeley and Tom King called "the first season" of the series.

Spyral's plan to collect the body parts of the deceased super-powered being Paragon continues, with Dick and Helena encountering both Midnighter and the Fist of Cain along the way. It baffles me that Midnighter got a solo series spinning
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Dick's thighs save lives!

3 stars.

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. It's complicated to rate because I really, really, REALLY loved the first issue but it kind of went downhill from there. What attracted me to the first one was Dick's characterization. Sure, most of my review was drooling over how gorgeous the art was but when I felt like the story was all plot and not a lot of Dick's feelings on everything, it waned for me. I read this books for Dick Grayson and this one seemed
Joy
I love so many quotes in this volume I honestly couldn't decide which to put at the start of this review, so here are all of my favorites:

"...But I'd know that ass anywhere. Grayson."

"You know Nightwing's moves. Do you know Robin's? You can do jazz. How are you at punk rock?

"The flying Grayson. Nightwing. Robin. They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration. Comfort. Trust. Family. I gave that up to become a spy. A spider man. A tsuchigumo. I have changed. But I'll always
Kuroi
Well that was...underwhelming.

When you title a series Grayson, and most of the hype around said series revolves around the presence of said Grayson, one would expect this Grayson to actually be in his own book.
Instead, we're lucky enough to receive glimpses of Agent 37 as he occasionally pops up to grace the pages just when you're starting to lose interest in the threadbare story.

Now you see me, now you don't...

Some of my disinterest probably comes from the fact that I haven't read the first
Jim
This is the thing I dont like about spy movies. The writers feel like they have to put so much in the story, without enough explanation, and it all gets confusing. Or maybe Im just dumb. But then you add all the conspiracies and the intrigue and its that much more complicated.

First, theres all the organizations. (That arent really explained.)

A.R.G.U.S.

Spiral

Stormwatch

The AWOL

The Fist of Cain

Checkmate

And all the other science fiction stuff that youre not even sure how it fits in the story.
47Time
So far the two volumes have reached a conclusion of sorts. Spyral's mission is revealed and a main characted is killed to simplify matters a bit. A new mystery is introduced, though. This comic is a good choice for anyone who likes James Bond-like spy games and great artwork.

The story starts explosively with Grayson, Midnighter and Matron as they deliver a baby in a helicopter that is going down after being hit by an EMP. The baby survives, but the mother does not. The three of them must now
John Wiswell
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first New52 comic to actually hook me! Because Batgirl had heart and Powergirl and Harley Quinn is fun, but Grayson has some real long-term plotting. I never expected that another agent was shadowing Dick on his missions. Even if he escapes the Spyral organization, the killer may follow him home. I'm legitimately interested to figure out who it is and see how he and Bertenelli try to resolve it.

The short stories in this volume all top the first volume, too. The first is an abrupt standalone
James DeSantis
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I liked issue 5 and 8, but fuck issue 6 and 7.

Okay to break it down Grayson is getting deeper into Spryal. I have a feeling that if you enjoy spy movies or books you'll enjoy this more. Basically the big bad, isn't really the big bad, and the huge reveal at the end is suppose to be "OMG" but honestly none of this interest me.

The only reason i read this still is because of Grayson. Dick has the ability to make you super intrigued. And for the women, he got a ass you'll die for. But for me it's
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
i know i said it already but I LOVE DICK GRAYSON
Stabbing
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have so much love for this volume of Grayson. I was a bit neutral on the first volume but I've really warmed up to the storyline and have gotten totally into it. I think I just needed a little time to adjust my mindset to this new take on the character. The story is exciting and fun. I didn't even put it down, I just read it straight through. Volume 2 reprints GRAYSON #5-9, and GRAYSON ANNUAL #1.

The title of this volume is We All Die At Dawn, and pays homage to the classic Batman story Robin
Harshini
Nov 14, 2015 added it
Shelves: dc-comics
I loved this volume more than the first! The desert story was my favourite. It shows us what an inherently great man Dick Grayson is. The story is weaving itself into a bigger plot line and it's very captivating. The artwork is beautiful as usual.
Lorraine
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tom King does not disappoint..Love Robin as Grayson what can I say....lol
Dan
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Nightwing yes...Grayson..hell no. I cannot get into this whole spy vs spy thing.
Kay
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Am I missing how Dick, Helena & Midnighter ended up in the desert together?
I guess for the sake of the story it doesn't matter?...they were all chasing the heart and end up in a dry pickle?

I love this series & I'm really enjoying myself. I especially liked the brain chase to Tel Aviv & the Irish stories. I like the idea of Dick still being pure of heart, and like it even more when he's playing spy (for reals).

Totally have no idea what's happening with Spiral & Mr. Minos. The
Jol
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The description is wrong. The issues included here are #5-8 and the Annual. Regarding the book itself, the writing here is as good as it gets, with each chapter having a distinct conflict and theme, while still moving the overarching plot and characters forward. The highlight may be the issue in the desert, which is a a hard character study filled with resonant emotional beats, and several layers of metacommentary that sailed over many reviewers' heads when it initially came out. The rest of the ...more
Samantha
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
damn, damn, DAMN! It's so good! I still have no idea wtf Spyral is and that kind of bothers me so this should really be a four, but I enjoyed it so much that I can overlook that part, at least until the next volume. Because I truly need to know what Spyral is about. But that last volume, HOLY CHILD IN THE DESERT, BATMAN! It was super good, and I can't wait to see where that storyline goes.
Thanks to edelweiss for gracing me with a copy of this! A better review will be later, once I've processed
Teddy
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dc-read
This was another good volume, however not as good as volume one. This has more short spy stories, but it's starting to tell a bigger storyline now. The Desert story was fun and shows how heroic Dick really is, the story in the annual was interesting but unnecessary, and then the following story was only okay. The end really brought it back though, a lot of big things happen and it sets up big new things.

If you like volume one, you'll like volume 2.
Scott
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this much better than volume 1. The story is moving forward and becoming more coherent. I am enjoying the use of Midnighter here. Some really nice artwork here as well.
Valéria.
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Woohoo! Dick's personality is main reason why I love this book and why I probably will love whole series. He's funny, heroic, kind of still childish, kind of growing up and sexier like never before. I find storyline getting better, mysterious, loved it.
Oh, and Midnighter's back, yahoo!
RationalLogic
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If the first volume of Grayson was a surprising but ultimately welcome opening hit, then this second volume We All Die at Dawn is the swing of the bat that capitalizes on the plot threads introduced in and brings its runners home. Writers Tim Seeley and Tom King continue the momentum they established in the first half of this extra-sized arc, with a number of strong character-driven stories that ultimately conclude in a satisfying manner.

The opening chapter is a bit of an odd one, with Dick
Shelley
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5? Dick and Helena go on more tasks to find the Paranormal body parts. I feel like 1-8 really should have been one book, or they should have summarized the events of 1-4 at the start here. I had to go hunting down plot points to have a clue what was going on. The opening issue was great, with great insights into Dick's character, and some of the most lovely coloring I've seen in a long time--but I had zero idea how it affected plot. Once I understood that they were hunting down thee body ...more
Craig
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Kind of run-of-the-mill espionage stuff, despite the presence of Dick Grayson and Helena Bertinelli (aka The Huntress). This reads a bit like Warren Ellis-lite, as Dick and Helena infiltrate the spy organization Spyral in an attempt to bring it down from the inside. There are stories reminiscent of Ellis' Globabl Frequency and Planetary, and the Midnighter even makes a guest appearance (kind of an ersatz fill-in for Dick's more famous partner?). The artwork is all right and the stories are all ...more
Kyle
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dcu
This series is growing on me. Not because of the story and action (actually the superhero body parts plot line is kinda weak, if you ask me), but because of the characterizations and situations. I mean, a giddy group of school girls ogling Juan and Jim.... Priceless!
What I also like about this series is that there is nothing "junior" about it. It's for a specific audience and it is fully aware of its audience status, tongue firmly planted in cheek, wink-winking all the way home.

It's a fresh
Will Robinson Jr.
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A truly incredible spy thriller. All pieces of the puzzle that is Spyral finally come together. I really enjoy this series. Tom King really showcases his knowledge of the spy world. It is even more surprising to watch optimistic Dick Grayson remain who he is even being thrust into the world of lies, spies and killers. The twist and turns are great. My favorite part of this volume is when Crayson disguised himself as the bomb expert, Rob. The witty dialogue was well done. The artwork here was not ...more
Cynthia
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, poc-leads
Dick is my favourite character in the DCU. He was and will always be my number 1. Of late, he didn't seem to be himself. This series rectifies that. Seeley/King has his characterisation so down pat that it makes Dick The Spy rather enjoyable as opposed to being jarring and weird. I love this incarnation of Helena Bertinelli, too. And Midnighter and Tiger are also fricking great. I'd rather Dick be a spy forever than have him return to a poorly characterised Nightwing.
Adriana
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the volume where Grayson finally feels like a cohesive story instead of individual little snippets. The big picture is starting to take shape and it's (appropriately) a very tangled web.
I love the interactions with Midnighter and it's a cool detail for King to continually make little side note comments about Dick's backside. It's been a long running joke online and I appreciate how they're making it part of the mythos.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Batgirl, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
  • Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days
  • Justice League, Volume 1: The Totality
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 4: Deus Ex Machina
Tim Seeley is a comic book artist and writer known for his work on books such as G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Dark Elf Trilogy, Batman Eternal and Grayson. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics titles Hack/Slash[1] and Revival, as well as the Dark Horse titles, ExSanguine and Sundowners. He lives in Chicago.

Grayson (5 books)