Start by marking “Also Known as Lard Butt” as Want to Read:

Read Book

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Laura finds out that, Ricky, the boy who created her horrible nickname, "Lard Butt," has moved back into town—and immediately schemes to keep him quiet. After all, she can't let her new swim teammates, especially drool-worthy Noah, hear the horrible name! No way!

Kindle Edition
Published June 4th 2015 by Books We Love, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Also Known as Lard Butt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Also Known as Lard Butt

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Also Known as Lard Butt
Dianne
Ever been the kid that had a “weight problem?” There would always be one person who would torment you at every turn. Fortunately for Laura, Ricky moved away, but he’s back and she would give anything to be able to begin her junior high school years minus his mouth and taunting. Now determined to get involved and have fun, Laura is on the swim team, and faces the daily embarrassment of being in a bathing suit in front of all of the fit bodies, including her secret heart throb.
How better to keep
Jules
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Also Known as Lard Butt by Ann Herrick is a YA novella that epitomizes the high school experience and issues faced by many teens.

Laura (AKA Lard Butt) and her best friend, Maria, are looking for a fresh start in high school They are going to embrace life and take risks that will lead them on a fabulous journey through their freshman year.

The characters are well-developed and likable. Adult readers will clearly
Mehsi
I received this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

Wow, this was a short, but wonderful read. Of course there were some things that I didn't like, but in the end I didn't mind them that much, due to them getting less, or due to other things happening.

Laura, ah, Laura, she is just a nice girl, a little bit oblivious of the world around her and due to something happening in the past she is very insecure about her body. It also doesn't help that her dear mom always is commenting
Ann Herrick
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My newest novel, this one for tweens.

She's determined to put a million years between grade school and junior high—even in the face of a father who drives an éclair, a would-be-movie-star mother who suddenly moves back home, and a past
Nick Rossi
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Reading Ann Herrick's "Also Known As Lard Butt" was like I was twelve again, firmly ensconced in my bed, reading away summer afternoons instead of playing outside with the other kids. Herrick's delightful story is the perfect ode to the turbulent teen years with a dash of wisdom that better things are going to happen.

The book finds Laura, a larger girl, trying to shut the kid up who gave her the awful nickname lard butt. Her attempts to ensure that the nickname she had to endure for so long does
Charity
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com and/or our Facebook page "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 12 years, 10 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book should be read by ALL girls no matter what age they are, even if it means reading the book to each other so girls can understand each other's feelings.

Laura is starting junior high and she doesn't want the size of her butt to get in the way of taking risks for the new school year.

This book is so inspiring because as a
Sydell Voeller
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ann Herrick has pulled it off once again! Her entertaining, heart-rending story took me back to the bittersweet insecurities of my own tween years, and I could easily connect with the main character, Laura. Not only is Also Known As Lard Butt humorous in parts, it also contains an underlying serious message about taking new risks regardless of the consequences. A five star winner that I'd heartily recommend to young readers--as well as adults who want to be a tween again for a few delightful ...more
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided with a copy of this book from the author for review.

The idea of this 'Lard Butt' is a bit strange, Laura isn't overweight, she just has a large bottom. The way she talks about it is like it's an abnormal growth but it seems to just be a bit bigger than most. Her thoughts about it switch from acceptance to being self conscious, her mother calls it a problem which wouldn't help, and she was teased as a kid (hence the nickname), but she has learnt to try and deal with it.

Sandra Lopez
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
It's Jr. high school, and Laura is looking for a change, to sprout from her cocoon and spread her colorful wings. If only she can escape her horrible nickname, the one branded on her by the little red-headed, crooked-toothed punk.

This definitely took me back to the cruel school days of teasing, pranks, and bullying. Mostly these are things that you get over, but being labeled "fat" sticks with you. And with her "generous" proportions, it was difficult for Laura to hide and shrink away from the
Dawn
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

Also Known as Lard Butt is a story for middle grade readers. It's about Laura, who has a poor self image because of her large derriere. She feels like no guy could like her because of her butt. She tries to talk to herself positively but often fails. Her mother, a wannabe actress, doesn't help. She's always trying to get Laura to wear dark colors to "hide her problem." Luckily, her mom isn't around too often.

Laura's best friend, Maria,
The Ugly Girl Party
Boss of the Whole Sixth Grade
My Bad Boy Summer
Someone Like Him
The Next Great Rock Star!
The Farewell Season
My Fake Summer Boyfriend
Life, Love, and Surviving High School
The Perfect Guy
All's Fair in Love and Words
Hey, Nobody's Perfect
How to Survive a Summer Romance (Or Two)
Someone Like Him