Start by marking “A Copper Ridge Christmas (Copper Ridge, #3.4)” as Want to Read:
A Copper Ridge Christmas (Copper Ridge, #3.4)

A Copper Ridge Christmas

(Copper Ridge #3.4)

Snow is falling in Copper Ridge, Oregon—but the heat between a holiday-loving party planner and the town’s resident Scrooge is off the charts in this sweet and sizzling Christmas novella...

Published November 1st 2015 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about A Copper Ridge Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Copper Ridge Christmas

Ami
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed Yates' "Copper Ridge" series -- and I am happy to find out that there will be more books coming next year -- so I welcomed this Christmas novella with open arms. I didn't remember whether Holly and Ryan made appearance in the novel, though, but I liked the idea of foster siblings. Heck, I wanted to read more romance stories that started in foster care.

Both Holly and Ryan didn't have a good childhood before they became foster kids. Ryan came from an abusive family while Holly's mother n
Jonel
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Yates shows readers another side of Copper Ridge with this Christmas novella. At the same time, she shows how relationships aren’t easy. They take work, but are worth the reward. Through this all, Yates brings Copper Ridge to life in a vivid way, giving readers access to the lives of her characters.

I liked the character development in the past and present, as well as how past perceptions tie into today’s actions and reactions. It gave me a complete and complex view of the main characters withou
Stacee
I really like the Copper Ridge series, so I knew was going to get something sweet and mostly fluffy.

Holly and Ryan were interesting. I loved how they were so different in their personality, but had similar backgrounds. The little bit of banter was fun and I adored the grand-ish gesture at the end. I definitely would have loved more from these two, even just another chapter or an epilogue.

Overall, a super quick read for a holiday season.

**Huge thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley for providing th
Becky
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been in a Oregon cowboy/holiday mood, so decided it was the perfect time to *finally* get to this Copper Ridge novella. It perfectly hit the spot!

Ryan and Holly have known each other for years, ever since they shared a set of foster parents. Though their time with the family didn't overlap a whole lot, Margie and Dan (the foster parents) have always made an effort to keep their "kids" a part of their lives and Ryan and Holly both still live in Copper Ridge. They've been a part of each other
Aly
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"There were a few things Holly Fulton knew for certain. The first was that Ryan Masters would not be looking forward to Christmas. The second was that she needed him if she was going to pull off her plan for a perfect holiday party. And the third was that if she was approaching the metaphorical badger in his metaphorical den, she needed to bring bait. In this instance, bait was takeout cheeseburgers and curly fries from Ace's Bar."

What I liked :
-The hero rugged and loner personality, his "Scroog
Quinn's Book Nook
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I’ve been wanting to try Maisey Yates’ romances for awhile now. Mostly because I’ve heard good things, but also because she just has the best book covers. The novella, A Copper Ridge Christmas, seemed like a perfect way to check out Yates’ writing style. While I did have some issues with A Copper Ridge Christmas, I can definitely say, I want to read more of Yates’ books.

The premise behind A Copper Ridge Christmas is that Holly Fulton wants to throw a Christmas Party for the foster parents that h
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?

I really like this series. In this novella, we meet Ryan and Holly, who were foster siblings. Holly wants to throw their foster parents a Christmas party, but she needs Ryan’s help. Ryan who she’s had a crush on for years, but was her foster brother at one point so he’s off limits…right?

Ryan for his part, is a big, hermity, grinch. He lives on his boat, and rarely interacts with the outside world. Until Holly makes him. He knows this party means a lot to her, and it
Danielle
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Holly and Ryan are Foster siblings. This year Holly plans to throw her foster parents a surprise Christmas party as a thank you and she has asked Ryan to help.

Both Holly and Ryan had crushes on one another but knew they couldn't do anything about it or it might wreck the family dynamics. With Christmas just weeks away these two get closer and they find out this will be the best Christmas after all.

If you are looking for a cute quick Christmas read I highly suggest getting know Ryan and Holly.
Barb
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Snow is falling in Copper Ridge, Oregon—but the heat between a holiday-loving party planner and the town's resident Scrooge is off the charts in this sweet and sizzling Christmas novella...
Holly Fulton is throwing a special Christmas Eve party for the foster parents who gave her so much. To finish the preparations in time, she needs to recruit her one-time foster brother, Ryan Masters. He may have a scowl that could curdle eggnog, but under that surly demeanor is a big heart. And amazing muscles
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
This was a cute and steamy read and I just wish it were longer. I'm a sucker for Maisy Yates and Copper Ridge and there was something so undeniably right with Ryan and Holly being together, that I wanted more time with them. I wanted to read more about their personal growth, their pasts (together and separate) and I wanted to get to know Margi and Dan and Elizabeth.

But that's not how novella's work.

With that in mind, I give this a 3.8 because I was invested, intrigued and rooting for Holly and
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holly is looking to throw a christmas party for her foster parents who had made christmas special for her. With the help of an old foster sibling she'll get things done. But things start to heat up for the two the longer they work together. Lines will be crossed and boundaries will be tested for the two.

I loved this fun quick and steamy. Great way to heat things things up for the holidays that are quickly coming along. I loved this book. I loved that for a short book this book did come with some
Kim
Review Coming
Quinn's Book Nook
Holly said some pretty unforgivable things to Ryan, and that really frustrated me. But overall this wasn't bad. Not great, either.
Nate Brightman
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Copper Ridge Christmas is the bookend novella for the first series focused around the Garrett family with in the larger series involving other Copper Ridge residents. We were introduced briefly to the heroine Holly as the wedding coordinator for Eli and Sadie’s wedding in Bad News Cowboy. Our hero is Ryan a fisherman by trade who spent a few months in the same foster home of the Travers (who own the farm market that Jake from Shoulda Been a Cowboy stole from and Kate Garrett worked at) with Ho ...more
April
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas romance

Yates has written the ultimate Christmas romance.

The characters and their dialogue make this book. They are snarky and dynamic. They are funny and broken. The story is well written and well delivered.

I recommend this book to fans of the genre.
Kathleen Booker
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't go wrong with Ms. Yates or Copper Ridge. Holley feels like she is not lovable and Ruan feels like he is unworthy of love. But their foster parents show them that they are both great people. Holly's parents will regret sending her away one day. So glad they ended up in same foster home.
Sue Stewart
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holly and Ryan were outstanding characters with a boatload of issues to work through. Great journey.
Donna Philp
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

I’d love to live in Copper Ridge. The characters are interesting and would be fun to have friends like them.
Amanda
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Anna Schno
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
a simple yet average novella with a christmassy theme.
Leslie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, Sweetly short and story of a love 14+ years in the making!
FicCentral
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-reads

Our Rating:

As much as I try to avoid novellas, I couldn’t pass up a book from the Copper Ridge series, and while it was just under a hundred pages in length, it almost felt like a full story.

Holly’s rather attached to holidays, and since her former foster parents will be away until Christmas, she wants to be sure they come home to all the decorations, snacks, and guests they’d usually have planned. But she can’t do it on her own, and the one person whose help she needs isn’t exactly known for h
Marjorie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Holly Fulton, party planner, has roped her foster brother, Ryan Masters, into helping her with a holiday/homecoming party for their foster parents. She has always had a secret crush on Ryan so is she ready to light the fire between them?
Elisabeth Lane
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
If you've never read Maisey Yates' Copper Ridge series, you could probably start with A Copper Ridge Christmas, the second novella in the series and book 3.4 according to Amazon. How do they calculate that? Anyway, it was my third Copper Ridge book, but I've been reading them all out of order and it hasn't really seemed to matter.

In it, foster-siblings Ryan and Holly plan a Christmas party for their foster parents. Initially this seemed like it might be creepy to me, but Ryan is several years o
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
* I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review, which was originally posted on book blog Will Read for Feels.

I’m totally ecstatic that Maisey Yates’ Copper Ridge series extends beyond the Garrett family—although I did expect that it would. As much as I love Eli, Connor, and Kate, there were just so many more characters I wanted to learn about, and it’s a yuletide present all on its own knowi
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.

Holly wants to throw a memorable Christmas party for the foster parents who mean so much to her but she needs her former foster brother Ryan’s help. Aside from the fact that he’s a bit of a grump, Ryan has been Holly’s longtime crush for years. Spending so much time with him is tempting her to forget the reasons why she needs to keep things friends onl
Cheri
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

A good Christmas story always gets me. Usually I’m disappointed when such stories are not “Christmasy” enough. In this case, although Christmas was a central point but, the overall tone didn’t smack of Christmas to me. I still loved it!

The chemistry between Ryan and Holly (I love when the characters in Christmas books have Christmasy names!) is off the charts. Holly is inexperienced in a lot of ways, but she has a spirit that can’t be tamped down. She knows what she wants and once she d
Paris
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2015, romance
This was a pretty cute, quick Christmas story. There were moments, I wasn’t quite sure about Ryan and Holly because of the way they talked to each other, but then I realized that was more about their dynamic as foster family, then about their potential relationship. Ryan was definitely the best part of the story though. I really understood where he was coming from and why he was reluctant to fall in love. I felt bad for Holly’s past, but considering the fact that she was the one pursuing Ryan, I ...more
Jan
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Maisey Yates. How do you mend broken people? The secret you can't. It's about letting go of the past to have a future and perhaps with one you have always loved from a distance. The distant dark brooding man who had deep wounds. By the woman who never felt good enough to be loved. It is Christmas time and Holly wanted to fix up a Christmas party as a thank you to the couple who had taken in an abandon child. So she was going to drag in Ryan Masters to help who was also take ...more
  • Christmas at Carriage Hill (Swift River Valley, #3.5)
  • The Kissing Season
  • Her Holiday Man
  • Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas (Perfect Fit, #1.5)
  • Tequila Sunrise (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4)
  • The Mistletoe Effect (One and Only Texas, #0.5)
  • Kentucky Christmas (Southern Comfort, #1.5)
  • Falling for Christmas
  • Operation White Christmas: An Escape to the Country Novella
  • True-Blue Cowboy Christmas (Big Sky Cowboys #3)
  • Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts #4)
  • Christmas at Evergreen Inn (Jewell Cove, #3.5)
  • Snowflake Wishes (Echo Lake, #0.5)
  • Oh, Naughty Night!
  • Heating Up the Holidays 3-Story Bundle
  • Love Bites (Sugar City, #1)
  • Loving Mindy (Lone Pine Lake, #2.5)
  • Once Upon a Royal Christmas (The Palotays of Montana #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Copper Ridge (10 books)
  • Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Tough Luck Hero (Copper Ridge, #5)
  • Last Chance Rebel (Copper Ridge, #6)
  • Slow Burn Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #7)
  • Down Home Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #8)
  • Wild Ride Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #9)
  • Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10)