Start by marking “Alluring Song” as Want to Read:
Alluring Song

Alluring Song

In a world where gods wield power over mankind, testing their loyalties and their hearts, there are some men that will rise from the ashes.
This story begins with the sea.
A beautiful goddess whose misplaced affection unleashed a wave of torment upon those who had wronged her, creating the means to wipe her beloved daughters from her sea.
A mother whose love defied the laws
ebook/paperback
Published June 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Alluring Song, please sign up.

Aimee McNeil Hi Hollie! Sorry I didn't see your question until now. I found a lovely artist to do the cover for me. Her name is Emma Dolan (emmadolancovers.com)…moreHi Hollie! Sorry I didn't see your question until now. I found a lovely artist to do the cover for me. Her name is Emma Dolan (emmadolancovers.com) but I draw my own book teasers which can be found on my blog (aimeemcneilswriting.blogspot.ca) Thanks for asking :)(less)

Cassandra Curiel
*Book provided in exchange for honest review*
6/5 stars!
Oh, my goodness!!! Where do I start? This is one of the best debut novels I have had the pleasure of reading!
The world-building was phenomenal and it succeeded in making me forget about reality. The alternating point of views of many characters might seem confusing but it isn't! Every POV was intriguing in it's own right and they kept me wondering who the story was going to lead me to next! The multiple point of views make the story so much
Verna Loves Books
Jun 27, 2015 Verna Loves Books rated it really liked it
While reading Alluring Song the only word that came to mind through the entire book was that it was just Magical. I loved the plot and all the characters roles in the story. It all went together so well.

I absolutely adored Lorelei. Her character is so strong, vibrant, good hearted and fights for others who need someone to stand up for them. Her character has such a bright soul it just glows and radiates off the pages. You can’t help but feel everything she does and root for her happy ending.

Ajax
Stephanie Cabeza-ligorria
Jun 10, 2015 Stephanie Cabeza-ligorria rated it it was amazing
i really loved this book...i loved the characters, and the feel of the time period. The writer kept me interested in the characters and story, and i love how it was wrapped up nicely in the end...I hope Aimee writes a series on this ♡♡
Book Ardour
May 31, 2015 Book Ardour rated it it was amazing
Alluring Song, an addicting fantasy/romance written by a lovely new author, Aimee McNeil.

A couple weeks ago, I was contacted by Aimee McNeil for a request to review her book. It has been a while since I have taken review requests, but I have a hard time turning down a fantasy/romance -- and I am glad I didn't. Her writing is beautiful, the words are entrancing, and the story flows smooth. The change in POVs also helped understand each character more and I am glad she decided to take this route.

L
Bronwyn
May 28, 2015 Bronwyn rated it really liked it
For a first-time novelist, the author very skillfully handles intertwining narratives and a great host of characters and successfully ties up the myriad plot threads into a satisfying conclusion. There is some beautiful description in this book too --Aimee is a natural writer and storyteller and it shows in Alluring Song.

The only thing that kept me from completely loving this book was the frequent and often senseless violence towards women. I understand that this fantasy world (which feels a lot
Taylor Schennery
Jun 18, 2015 Taylor Schennery rated it it was amazing
Attention fantasy lovers, I have found the perfect book for you!

Alluring Song is a captivating novel full of romance, humour, action, and steamy scenes not suitable for children. It features loveable characters who, throughout different chapters written from different points of view, we come to know and love (or hate). The plot is full of twist and turns that keep your eyes glued to the pages as you frantically flip through to find out what happens next. I found that when I had to put the book d
Paige
May 29, 2015 Paige rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for sharing my honest opinion

Upon starting this book, I was immediately swept up in the story. It was beautifully written - almost poetically so - and it read like a bit of a fairy tale for older teens and adults.

Though there were multiple points of view, I never once got lost. I felt like all the characters, good and bad and those that toed that gray area in between, had their distinct personalities. I honestly don't think I've read anything like t
Samie Sands
Jul 12, 2015 Samie Sands rated it it was amazing
Aimee McNeil is a wonderful writer, her descriptions of the settings are gorgeous - you feel like you're really there among the plot and the characters jump to life off of the page! Lorelei is a lovely, layered, complex person who is surprisingly relatable considering all the magic surrounding her life. Although there is violence and brutality within the pages, as the story line unfolds it becomes necessary to understanding the explosive ending. This is the debut novel of a writer who is going f ...more
Jenn Swanson
Jul 24, 2015 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club-read
This book was an amazing story! It was fast paced and kept me interested. However, due to some violent moments, I would NOT recommend it if you are against that sort of thing or would not recommend it for a younger audience. If you aren't either of those, then get it and enjoy the ride.
Wolfie
Aug 30, 2015 Wolfie rated it it was amazing
Lovely book, I very much enjoyed reading it. I loved all the characters and the plot itself is very interesting.
Amy Braun
Jul 07, 2015 Amy Braun rated it really liked it
A really romantic, fairy tale like story. Definitely something for hopeless romantics, and fans of siren mythology. I wanted more!
J.Z.N.
May 04, 2016 J.Z.N. added it
---SPOILERS--- :)

I found Alluring Song an amazing read! First I want to say that my beginning impression was that Aimee McNeil's writing style was poetic and inviting. As I went through the chapters the new characters that were introduced changed the feel of the story with very graphic and unexpected scenes which startled me. Both good and evil scenes. Her writing style kept hold of me, and she is very talented. The depth of the writing was well...alluring.

The characters were very real for me,
Victoria Schwimley
Bravo premiere novel

What I liked most about this story is the great imagination that went into making this a unique fantasy. There's forbidden love, corrupt royalty, betrayal, legends...all the things that go into making a good fantasy and adventure. The only thing I had to ding a star for was too much narration and not enough dialogue for my liking that limited me bonding with the characters more---but that's just a personal preference. Aimee McNeil did a fabulous job and I'm sure we'll be seei
Tanya Vought
Dec 05, 2015 Tanya Vought rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author!
Alluring song is a magical feeling book!

You will enjoy watching both Ajax and Lorelei grow. You'll be amazed with Ajax and come to love him.. It was breathtaking to watch his development.

The whole book will keep you on the edge of your seat trying to make you wonder what the author is up to next.

There's plenty of love, vengeance and drama to will keep you reading until you get to the very end!

4 stars from me!
I thank the author for a copy of th
J.L. Drake
J.L. Drake rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Moon Babe
Moon Babe rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Taylor Mcneil
Taylor Mcneil rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Mary Culliton Osburn
Mary Culliton Osburn rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Lady Living  In Bookland
Lady Living In Bookland marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Kennedy
Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Amy Amirault
Amy Amirault marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Lisa Lindman
Lisa Lindman marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Kai
Kai marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Ana Júlia
Ana Júlia marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Saundra Bowman
Saundra Bowman marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Emielia Put
Emielia Put marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Madalyn
Madalyn marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Bailey Skye
Bailey Skye marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Ana Conte
Ana Conte marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Kristen Gough
Kristen Gough marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Izzy
Izzy marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Elizabeth Gurney
Elizabeth Gurney marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Tahreem
Tahreem marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
JUB
JUB marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
readss
readss marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Ian Fairfield
Ian Fairfield marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Carissa Lynch
Carissa Lynch marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
LoveezaUsman
LoveezaUsman marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Mary-Jane
Mary-Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Aqsa Baig
Aqsa Baig marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Alicia B
Alicia B marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Mujde Oz
Mujde Oz marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Monique Boshant
Monique Boshant marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
13919881
Aimee McNeil was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, where she continues to live today with her husband and three children. She is a stay-at-home mother that loves every colorful moment with her family.

Aimee spends most of her free time indulging in her love of writing. You can also find her lost in the pages of a good book, or making a mess with her paints. Aimee loves to explore anything tha
More about Aimee McNeil...