Jump to ratings and reviews
Spending her days caring for her grandmother and her nights dreaming up new worlds to write about, Maci wants nothing more than to enjoy life alongside her new man, Liam. But after a wicked visit from the devil himself, she quickly learns that the hearts and flowers of her new relationship will have to wait.

Big Jim, Liam’s sworn enemy, attempts to blackmail Maci in order to gain a leg up in the gaming industry. It’s all she can do to keep her wits about her as she battles with right and wrong, knowing just how devastating it would be for Liam if she were to deceive him.

After going through hell and back, it’s finally Game On as Liam and Maci team up to defeat the evil likes of Big Jim. With the walls of betrayal closing in on them, it doesn’t take long to devise a game plan for conquering the enemy—but a solid strategy doesn’t always mean it’s game over.

Note: This contemporary romance novel is the second book in the Playing Games series and contains adult situations meant for ages 18+.

ebook

First published May 9, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rene Folsom

69 books403 followers
GET A FREE BOOK >> www.renefolsom.com/newsletter

Rene Folsom, author of contemporary and paranormal, lives in Florida with her husband and three kids. She has officially diagnosed herself with creative ADD and often has a million and one writing projects going at once. In addition to writing, she is also a graphic artist who enjoys creating custom book covers for indie authors. She is definitely an artist at heart and would love nothing more than to be elbow deep in clay during her waking hours.

Rene believes that all fiction is based on some form of reality—otherwise we would never have the inspiration or knowledge to dream up the realistic situations we portray with our words. She is proud to say that her personal experiences have been inspirational, though perhaps not always identical to that of her fictional characters. Where reality and fantasy diverge, however, must remain her little secret…

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
12 (6%)
1 star
3 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews
Profile Image for angela .
785 reviews137 followers
October 29, 2015
Great first 2 books

Very attention grabbing, romantic, and sexy. This was really a good series up till now. I purchased the first 2 books thinking that was the whole series..Grrr. It isn't I hate when that happens, cuz I don't like having to stop and wait for the next book. I enjoy reading them one after the other. Now I will probably get into a new series or book, and forget about this next one.

I really wish they would write if more books are to come.
69 reviews
October 31, 2015
Not as good as the first

...and really?!? I'm tired of this story not wrapping up. I won't be reading the next book. It probably won't end either!
Profile Image for Alison.
1,087 reviews8 followers
June 17, 2016
This one took off where the last one finished, loved it.

Emotional & sexy read
311 reviews5 followers
Read
November 23, 2019
Ok so, about what I expected. This is not a plot twisty sequel. But the characters are just so real that I almost expect to have Macy crying on my shoulder. Sometime humans being human make the best stories and this was a very good story.
235 reviews1 follower
December 28, 2022
Enjoyable story

I enjoyed reading the story but the graphic sex scenes were most of the story. The warning for adults only was appropriate.
Profile Image for Novel Grounds.
1,518 reviews71 followers
October 3, 2015
GameOn
5 Stars|Amazon|Goodreads
Didn't think I could love this series more. I do. I took forever to read this and I feel terrible for doing so because this novel was GREAT. Also, have you looked at that cover? I need a Liam.

This is the sequel novel to Game Changer. If you haven't read that I recommend you hop on over and do so. It is a novel you don't want to miss.

Warning, I recommend you give yourself ample time for this novel because you wont be able to put it down. Rene really gears up with the plot and the writing in this novel. Some of these scenes I felt down right scandalous reading. Absolutely fantastic. This series and this novel in particular are the perfect blend of Erotic Romance and in this case suspense. It wasn't overly suspenseful in the way you would think, but with an evident bad guy, and lots of things up in the air, you can't wait to see where it is going.

The relationships in this book are put to the test, and both Maci and Liam need to buck up for the fight.

I need more of these characters and this world and I need them now. I know you are reading this Rene, so get back to writing! We want more M&L!
Synopsis:

After going through hell and back, it’s finally Game On as Liam and Maci team up to defeat the evil likes of Big Jim. With the walls of betrayal closing in on them, it doesn’t take long to devise a game plan for conquering the enemy—but a solid strategy doesn’t always mean it’s game over.

Profile Image for Diane Ehlers.
Author 5 books38 followers
February 3, 2016

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*Was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review*

Honestly, I was a little afraid to start this book. Don't ask me why but I was. However, I'm so glad I finally just dove right into it as it sucked me in and I breezed right through it! So much happens and I know the last few chapters had me sitting on the edge of my seat! The end of chapter 19 had me like-

photo amy_gasp_zpsiopzilqq.gif

So many feels, you guys have no idea! But I'm getting ahead of myself haha.

Maci is given an ultimatum from her uncle which puts her in a situation that will no doubt hurt her and Liam's relationship. Y'all, my heart was breaking for them! Throughout I was cheering that they would get through this! Again when their hearts were breaking, sigh, so many feels.....

Game On had me captivated, pulling me in to find out if things would turn out okay for them. I truly enjoyed being in this world and I'm dying to get back to it with The Break, the next one in the series! I need to see if everything is still good or is there still evil hiding in the shadows, waiting to pounce on their sweet love. I think one of my favorite scenes was when Liam found the book she signed for him, swoon.

Overall, I truly enjoyed this! Though there is one small thing I had a problem with it was that all of Maci's friends names start with S so sometimes with being in a reading zone I would get confused who was who when they were all together. But at the end I was craving for more so I let it slide. I did not want it to end! Though sometimes I wished Maci was able to tell the truth to Liam before, as she would say it, "Shit hit the fan" but I also understand the things she did.

If you enjoyed the first one then you'll definitely enjoy this sequel!
Profile Image for Tonya.
1,960 reviews7 followers
May 11, 2015
This is a great second book in the Playing Games series. You do need ot read Game Changer first. I also recommend you read the novella, The Wager. This book just sucked me in and wouldn't let me put it down until I was finished. Everyone has at least one author that they will read any and everything they write. Rene Folsom is one of those authors for me. And I have loved every one of her books.

This is a continuation of Maci and Liam's story. Game Changer left us wondering what Maci would do because of Big Jim. Well, we find out in this book.

Maci is put in such a hard situation. She is worried about what will happen to her writing career if/when her real identity comes out. But she is more worried and concerned about Liam and her grandma. What will happen to the two people she cares, and loves, the most? will she betray Liam? Will he forgive her if she does? Will she tell him about what Big Jim is forcing her to do? Will she tell Liam how she feels about him?

All these questions are answered, and no, I'm not going to tell you. You just have to read the book to find out. You won't regret it.

Liam loves Maci so much. I love how Liam isn't your typical muscle head alpha. Yes, he can be alpha, but he is a "cocky geek" and that's sexy to me.

"I never thought I'd choose a woman over gaming, yet now, I was beginning to wonder just how strong I could be around this woman. She so easily brought me to my knees with the simplest of touches. Hell, even her eyes had me bowing down like a slave to her soul."

I love Liam. Even when he is mad or upset with Maci, he will still do whatever he can to help her, no matter what! He is just an amazing man.

I can't wait for the next book! I love these two characters.
Profile Image for Laurel Johnson.
341 reviews8 followers
August 18, 2015
Game On is a fantastic book. You need to read Game Changer first and the prequel really brings things together but not a need to read. Rene has once again hit it out out the water with this book! What's not to love about a hot geeky nerd and a feisty independent hidden author who really needs the geek but just can't see to go all in though.

This book had a little of everything in it. I laughed, cried, wanted to throw things and hug the sh** out of Liam and Maci and in turn slap them.

The story had some unexpected twists which kept my rapt attention, I just couldn't stop reading this book and can't wait for book 3 to see what happens next! Will all trust be destroyed? Will Big Jim get away with his evil plans? What's going to happen with Gram? Will Maci's friends be there for her? Is she going to have to reveal her true identity to the public? SO many things to find out in this great book
Profile Image for Claire Thake.
Author 2 books21 followers
June 19, 2015
Ok it's no secret that I am a huge Rene Folsom fan and was so excited to read this instalment from the series. Liam and Maci are the perfect couple and you can't help but love them! Maci is an amazing girl with such a strength about her, although she chooses to make some wrong decisions you can totally sympathise with her reasons although you may find yourself shouting at the words on the pages!

Half the way through I thought I knew exactly what was happening, and I thought I could predict the ending and then bam! Rene hits me with a heart wrenching twist that throws my theory out of the window and knocks me sideways! I'm not sure if I want to love her for a great story or hate her for making me ugly cry!

This is an amazing series and I cannot wait to see what the next instalment throws at us! Make sure you catch up before the next is released, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Profile Image for Andrea Rossi.
74 reviews
May 26, 2015
WOW!!!! Rene Folsom hits it out of the park with this one! This is Book #2 in the series (Book #1 is Game Changer -which is free!- plus a prequel The Wager only 99c). I thought I loved the first book in the series. Then I read Game On & I enjoyed it so much! I'd rate it more than 5 stars if I could! The story is sweet, sexy and suspenseful. We see the relationship between Maci & Liam go through some ups & downs and the story had me on the edge of my seat. Plus you knew Big Jim was just lurking around the corner, like the jerk that he is. Boy, did he make himself known! Somehow, I don't think we've heard the last from him yet, but I guess I'll have to wait for the final book to come out - End Game. I can't wait to see where the characters take the story!
Profile Image for Nicole.
Author 32 books34 followers
May 23, 2015
Another amazing book by the awesome Rene Folsom!!!

Maci and Liam reach a new point in their relationship or what could be their relationship. When Maci's whole world threatens to close in on her, she does the one thing that she never thought possible. She hurts the person that she never wanted to hurt in order to protect herself and her loved ones.

Will Liam and Maci be able to move past the hurt and betrayal or will they forever be forced to wonder their own paths alone only having crossed paths for a brief moment in time?
Profile Image for K.K..
635 reviews22 followers
May 12, 2015
First let me say that I still love this series and I like this book. I especially loved the main couple. they are my kind of fun. It's just that there are so many other side characters that I think the author can build on. I know the book is about Maci & Liam and I'm very happy to get to read a lot about them. but I thinks side characters should take part in the plot of the story more..

Still overall a lovable book
Profile Image for Joy Whiteside.
3,975 reviews75 followers
May 18, 2015
I really enjoyed reading this latest book by the talented Rene Folsom. I could not put this book down until the very last word was read. It moved along at a great pace, has amazing characters and a story that will grab you and keep you entertained from beginning to end. There is no doubt about it. This is a book that should be read.
Profile Image for Colleen Everly.
374 reviews7 followers
June 30, 2015
Love this series. This was a great read, it had all kinds of emotions for me, I smiled, got teared up, was angry, and I was scared for her. These two are so hot for each other and they really steam up the pages in the sex scenes and with the story it just takes it to a whole new level. I am really looking forward to book 3 and what the author comes up with next.
Profile Image for Sarah Green.
1,633 reviews12 followers
November 19, 2015
3 1/2 worthy stars.

It's hard sometimes to rate the stars I think. This was a great story that carried on from the first one. I felt in some parts it just got a little lost, if that makes sense. But I did thoroughly enjoy it.
405 reviews
October 26, 2015
Excellant

I think was very inspirational and appropriate for people 18+ haven't read any gamers books quite interesting an easy read.
Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.