Start by marking “Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)

Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  509 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Haylee Jordan is no stranger to heartbreak. Growing up, she quickly learned to fend for herself, and after a hellish night in high school, she knows the only way to keep her heart safe is to keep everybody else out.

Published June 23rd 2015 (first published June 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Safe Distance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Distance

Megan Green
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, so I'm sort of obligated to give it 5 stars, right? :-P

Annie Brewer
4.5 stars!

Loved this story so much. Ryan and Haylee were incredible characters. Their story was touching and gripping. I couldn't get enough of them and their perfectness together. Who doesn't love a military hottie?? Those are definitely the best ones. And I was glad I took a chance on their story. Though there was heartbreak, I finished with a happy sigh and joyful tears.
Read, Run, Ramble
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, romance
My review (as published at Read, Run, Ramble)

Thank you, Megan Green, for providing me with a copy of this book!

Megan Green knocked her debut out of the park!

Haylee and Ryan find each other when neither is really ready or able to commit to a relationship. But like in all good relationships, “love” didn’t ask for their approval before moving right in.

Haylee has been hurt and though she’s not giving up details, readers will know immediately that whatever took place left a deep scar. Even making
Marcia
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
I don't even know where to begin with this review, so I guess I will start with watch out Nicholas Sparks there is a new author in town! There was so much feeling and reality in this book. To say that I am proud of my fellow book loving friend would be an understatement. I expect big things from you Megan and by the looks of this debut novel I know I won't be disappointed.
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
Obviously I am a sucker when it comes to a military romance book. My husband was in the military so sometimes I feel a strange connection to the characters and I always want to love these types of books because who doesn’t love a strong military hero who sweeps the heroine off her feet?

Safe Distance was a hard book for me to get into at first. We all can guess that something happened to Haylee fairly quickly because of not just how she is with Ryan but with everyone in her life. You feel sympat
Jenn
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2015, romance

This is a story about love, loss, heartache and family. This story will tug at your heart. It will make your heart race. It will make your eyes leak. But in the end, it will pull two people, who have no one, together and make their broken pieces fit together.

Ryan was this real soldier, with real feelings and reactions. It was nice to see that. Too many times you read about these big and tough guys who won't show emotion, but Ryan wasn't like that. I appreciated that.

Ryan was just fine
Desiree
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really 4 and a half stars. :)
It's not often that a book can make me cry let alone reduce me to a sobbing hot mess. But that's exactly what happened with Safe Distance. I was immediately drawn in by the characters, especially Haylee and Ryan along with the storyline. Most who know me know that I'm not a huge fan of contemporary romance or stories with lots of angst on them but this one sucked me in from the get go. Absolutely amazing. And you know what else? This is her debut novel, which was the
Jg
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've always been a sucker for a good love story, and this did not disappoint. I adored Haylee and Ryan, and the friendship they had with Amanda and Chris, respectively, as well as the friendship that developed between Haylee and Emma. All of these characters were likable and extremely relatable, (view spoiler).

Safe Distance is a fantastic debut from brand spankin' new author Megan Green - well do
Mae Wood
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you are hoping for the run-of-the-mill military romance, this isn't it. This is full of love and heartbreak. And, amazingly, it's more about the man's emotional development than the woman's. Haylee definitely had her own demons to overcome, but our hero is put through the wringer and he comes out the other side changed for the better.

I truly appreciated how their relationship wasn't all about sex. I also appreciated how the characters supported each other through tough times. Awesome debut f
Nance
You will cry, at least I did. So, tissues are a must. Haylee's broken. Ryan is trying to find his way. Good supportive friends. Life's unfortunate circumstances. Two people who belong together. This is just one of these stories that breaks your heart. And, dear Megan Green, this is no "little story". Your debut book magically touched my heart...

Full review to be written soon...
Nichole
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
This story is about Haylee and Ryan. Two people who don't want a relationship but are very drawn to each other. You knew from the beginning that something happened to Haylee and it kept me interested and eager to find out what. All the side characters are amazing as well. I laughed, cried, smiled, and cried some more and swooned. I'm looking forward to her next book!
Ashley
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I waited so long to read this! It's freakin awesome! I laughed, cried, swooned... you name it. Megan did an amazing job on her debut novel. This woman obviously has a lot of talent and passion for writing. I can't wait to read more. Ok, I'm off to read book 2!
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
BLOGGERS!: Review + Release Blitz Sign-Up HERE!!
Coco.V
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/22/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Ryan Porter considers himself married to the military. After losing his father and brother at a young age and witnessing the subsequent downfall of his mother, Ryan has sworn off any semblance of love.

After Ryan helps Haylee out of a sticky si
Books Laid Bare
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read so many books that at times it can be difficult to find one truly stands out and for the right reasons, what are those reasons, well that is the problem everybody has different criteria but for me, I need to be absorbed, I need to have characters I can relate to and care about and I want it all with a smidge (and in some cases a very large smidge) of sauciness on the side!
So did I get that with this, well I think I did, maybe not a huge man size dollop of extra spiciness but I certainly g
TLBC
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
My Review:http://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
4.5-5 stars!

Talk about a beautiful but heartbreaking story. I don't want to write too much and give anything away...we learn or at least sense early on that Haylee (h) has been hurt pretty bad. We are not sure what happened but it's something that closes her off from any type of relationship. She isn't interested in love or dating and she keeps her distance from most men.

Ryan (H) and Haylee cross paths one night when he helps her out of a bind, and they
Victoria
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

Rating: 4 stars

*Thank you to the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for a honest review.

My first Megan Green and military romance novel is proving to be rather amazing!

Not to mention extremely heart-breaking, devastating and just plain sad but sweet!

Haylee Jordan was strong enough to survive her nightmares…yet that doesn’t mean that she would be free from them. Seeing Haylee suffering from the remnants of her nightmare makes me really sad an
Lora
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I’m a sucker for a good military romance and Ms Green does excellent at creating a wonderful tale I couldn’t put down.

Ryan is determined to stay single and carefree, but he can’t deny his friendship with Haylee who is closed off and hesitant to let others in. Haylee agrees to be friends with Ryan, but can’t accept more than that.

Their friendship is enough for a while, but eventually they both find they want more. They fought hard to keep their distance, but they fight just
Amber
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Very touching story and great debut for this author. Two tortured souls who learn how to love and be loved in return. It’s finding that one person you can let your guard down with, trust in them, and be your complete self with. Everyone deserves to be happy. I was drawn into this story all the way until the end. I felt an emotional connection with the characters, which makes me enjoy a book even more. That being said, tears were shed a few times – happy and sad. Several laughs along the way as w ...more
Suzanne
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book knocked my socks off. We follow Haylee, who has such a tragic history and she meets Ryan, who is a solider. You can feel that chemistry between the two of them though Haylee fights it tooth and nail which honestly, I cannot fault her for given what you learn later in the book about her. Ryan has his own tragic past, but it doesn’t stop him from going after what he wants, which was Haylee. He is such a sweet character that all you wanted to do was hug him during the rough parts in ...more
Kristann Monaghan
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Megan Green has written an emotionally charged debut novel that knocked my socks off. Hayley and Ryan find each other at a time where neither want a relationship. This leads to a roller coaster of feelings that had me unprepared for what was to come. I am not one that normally reads military romance but this one changed my mind about the genre. Hayley is a lovable damaged character and Ryan is an alpha with a heart of gold. Their story will have you laughing, crying, and wanting even more. Hard ...more
Bridget Mazzocca
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfectly sweet and realistically romantic debut novel that really impressed me. I started reading this book based off a few reviews and am glad I did. You often read a book and laugh to yourself at the ridiculousness of the romance within the pages. But the characters in this novel have a believable chemistry that fill every line and I easily continued reading until I was at the end. I'm not one for long reviews so in short, read this. You will NOT be disappointed. I believe this is ...more
Tamara
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Megan Green.... Where do i begin i can not say enough about this book. I absolutely loved Haylee and Ryan i don't think i have ever cried so much with a book before in my life. If i could give your book 10 stars i would..... You are gonna go far. This to be your very first novel what the what holy sh** i am one blubbering mess still.BRAVO!!! You have defentally become one of my top favorites.I can't wait to see what you have in store for the future. Well done!!!!!
Pam
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book this Author has written?! WOW, just WOW! I abso~freakin~lutely~ LOVED this story! The characters were amazing and I loved every one of them! As the Mother of a Soldier, this brought alot of emotions for me and I just adored Chris and Emma's story as well as Ryan and Haylee's story - amazing and heartfelt! I felt like I was right there going through their lives with them! HIGHLY recommend this one! On to the second book...starting...NOW! Beautiful! <3
Heather
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Safe Distance is Megan Green's debut novel. Really what is there to day besides - holy shit, you go Megan! Safe Distance is well written and full of characters you will love (and I couple you may hate). The Author World should watch out because there is a new Rockstar in town. You are going to blow people away Megan and I can't wait to follow you on your journey. Congratulations on your debut. Well done.
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books

What an amazing debut novel from Megan Green. I absolutely loved Haylee and Ryan. The two had been through so much but the way they came together was amazing. Megan Green sure knows how to tug on the heart strings. I found myself with tears in my eyes a few times.

I can't wait to read more by this author. Hopefully in the tune of the best friend's story.
Kathie
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I cried happy & sad tears. It kept me interested and kept my attention the entire time. I didn't want to stop reading until the book was done. This was an amazing first book Megan and I can't wait to read more!
Dri ✰
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,7
Peggy Tran
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this military romance. The story tackled some tough issues with care and compassion. It left me feeling hopeful and happy.
Darcy
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Goodreads Librari...: Help with wrong author 3 21 Jul 06, 2015 03:31AM
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • ReCAP (Something More, #1.5)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Love Always, Damian (Love Always, #2)
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Until Alex
  • Wrecking Ball (Wrecked, #1)
  • Take the Fall (Take the Fall, #1)
  • Wide Spaces (Wide Awake, #1.5)
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Blind Faith
  • Falling for my Best Friend (Fated #1)
  • Sparrow
  • Endless Love Letter (Love Letter, #2)
Megan lives in Northern Utah with her handsome hubby, Adam. When not writing, chances are you’ll find her curled up with her Kindle. Besides reading and writing, she loves movies, animals, chocolate, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. She loves hearing from readers, so drop her a line! You can find her here:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authormegang...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MeganGree
More about Megan Green

Wounded Love (3 books)
  • Soldier's Heart (Wounded Love #2)
  • Solid Ground (Wounded Love #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be