Start by marking “Remedy for Memory” as Want to Read:
Remedy for Memory

Read Book

Remedy for Memory

“After some time, I could talk to people, but I couldn't say your name. I couldn't put your name next to how I was feeling. There was something broken, and I just . . . didn't think anyone could believe me.

So I wrote it down instead. I wrote this all for me . . . For you.”

If Trisha could summarize in one word her entire past relationship with Aaron, "The Baron," it'd be a
Paperback, First Edition, 226 pages
Published June 3rd 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Remedy for Memory, please sign up.
Rhona Mitchell Tennant It happens alot - netgalley can offer ARCs for pre-release buzz; same with the publisher.
It can also be fans of the author giving their expectations …more
It can also be fans of the author giving their expectations of the new book. It's not always reliable but can help get the author and book noticed. (less)

Start your review of Remedy for Memory
StrawBerry_7
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've literally tried to write this review 3 times but I don't know how to put my feelings about this book into words. To say I loved it was an understatement, it affected me quite a bit.

Firstly, Aaron is nothing like any male love interest I've read about. He's overweight, he's a weirdo. As a reader, I paid attention to Aaron along with Trisha. The writing let me make sense of the little weird things he did. I felt as if I followed Trisha's way of understanding him little by little, and conseq
Sam
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm going to be honest here...this book surprised me. It really was like going to a high school and observing one student and her interactions with her peers; it felt that realistic to me. Yes, there were some typos--mostly revolving around homonyms (your/you're, cord/chord, passed/past)--but I see those in most books so that doesn't actually affect my rating. No, really, the four star rating comes from the book being really good, but not fantastic. It's a first novel, and it's a good one. I loo ...more
PJ
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up to support the author Brista Drake who I have watched on YouTube for some time now. I was very happy with how good it turned out to be. The story is not the normal kind of thing I would read but I found it to be very well written and realistic ( all be it with a level of melodrama that stops it becoming dull at any point). I will not say much about the story as you can read about that above. But overall I would recommenced the book to anyone who reads YA, or romance novels. I wa ...more
DearJordan
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Remedy For Memory by Brista Drake. What a wonderful debut novel. The characters are wonderful, the plot is paced so well, and there are even illustrations done by Brista herself throughout the book! The emotion is high, tense, but also lovely and romantic at times. I think it really speaks to modern youth being 19 myself. It was a great read and I definitely recommend it. If you like YA or romance-esque novels, or just a good story about the life then definitely give this a shot. It warmed my he ...more
Desmond
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure what I was in for when I picked this up (I follow WritingMime on youtube) and was pleasantly surprised by one of the weirdest relationships I'd ever read in a novel. And even though I say weird, its probably more typical than not (compared to the idealistic romances that are common in YA).
Lena
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
How do I even start putting my thoughts on this book into words?
Well obviously I loved it, as you can see by the five star rating.
I went into this book with absolutely no idea what to expect since I had only picked it up in order to support Brista Drake who I think is an awesome person. But what I didn't know was just how FANTASTIC of a writer she is! You see, this was the first self published novel I have ever read and I was in fact a bit skeptical.
The first thing that comes to my mind about t
Per Persen
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brista Drake has created a unique YA novel that leans toward literary fiction with its focus on slowly revealing, rather than evolving her characters, and the story's strong focus on these characters with the plot serving as a backdrop. The character of Aaron was a pleasant surprise, as he is what you might expect the quirky friend of the love interest to be like, rather than the love interest himself. I like how at first, I assumed him to be an unimportant side character, and then he turned out ...more
Heather
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This is a young adult novel that doesn't feel forced, which is sometimes hard to pull off. It had a different feel to it than many other YA books I've read, and it was just refreshing. The writing style was very natural and I could easily picture the characters interacting with one another. I won't get into the plot too much, but I was impressed. It was more character driven and worked very well. There is a lot to think about with this story.
Clay
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Remedy For Memory is a fast read and is definitely worth picking up. The whole book is an emotional roller coaster that will always leave you wanting to read the next chapter.

The things that shone the most were the emotions and the characters. They both go hand and hand because you feel a different slew of emotion for both characters.

Even if you aren't a big fan of romance, I would still recommend reading it if not for the sheer enjoyment and realism of the characters.
Josh
Aug 20, 2015
Misty Rayburn
Jul 27, 2015
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2015