Start by marking “Right Next Door” as Want to Read:
Right Next Door

Right Next Door

My fiancé is officially a married man. The only problem is that he isn’t married to me. . .

Addison Peacock has been stuck in the same seaside town her entire life. When her college boyfriend proposes the night before graduation, she can finally see the future she’d always dreamt about. But the sudden illness of her father causes her to put that future on hold, and her soo
Published June 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Right Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Next Door

Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Hello Neighbor stars

Right Next Door is a standalone and isn’t part of a series (so far). This is my first A.J. Pryor book. I will admit, it was insta-cover-crush to me. Hello abs right?

The blurb sucked me in. I’m a huge fan of Heroines jilted by ex-lovers and Addison has past baggage. Addison loved her ex, but it didn’t work out and her ex-fiancé **Gasp** is married now. It’s been five years and Addison is still trying to move forward.

Damian is the new guy that moves into her apartment comp
Michelle
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, arc, contemporary
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Would you rather be watching trashy reality T.V. or be watching your hot sexy neighbor and his 8 packs abs? Well the answer to that should be an easy and obvious choice. Well any sensible and smart woman would of course pick the hot sexy neighbor. **wink** And why not, since hot neighbor is not only gorgeous and athletic, but he also has a heart of gold. And oh as an added bonus, he's an excellent cook.

#RightNextDoor

For Addison Peacock, her
L*Take Me To My HEA*
4 stars is for Damian and Damian only. And his abs. Let's not forget his lickable abs. Priorities.

I love the first half. The other half, not so much.

Duck
First I should say the writing itself was not an issue here. This author is clearly talented and a technically competent writer. The problems I had were related to characters and story flow/content.

Honestly I just didn't like Addison. She's educated (an attorney), but she pines FIVE years for the guy who ditched her the day after they graduated? She doesn't sleep with anyone else during that time, but one night she runs into the abandoning bastard and falls into bed with him no questions asked!?
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Addison has been carrying a torch for her first love for five years. When he unexpectedly stumbles back into her life, she thinks all her dreams are coming true. It doesn’t take her long to discover that he’s actually a douchebag. A married douchebag. A married douchebag who just slept with the ex-girlfriend who’s been carrying him in her heart for five years.

Enter Damian Walker. Damian just moved in next door to Addison and after literally falling at his feet during a run, the two strike up a
Soraia
I could have loved this book, but my dislike for Addison made it impossible. I simply couldn't relate to her drama, her pain and need for closure was comprehensible but her inability to react to things and how fast she was able to discard all the anger was baffling. Damien, on the other hand, I loved. He's a really nice guy but isn't perfect, which made him feel real. But their connection was also quite flimsy, I don't know if it was the pace or if it really had no depth, but Damien seems to lov ...more
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks

Favorite Quote: “I could stay like this all night. Breathing in your scent, never leaving your body.”

Addison Peacock has carried a torch for her college fiance for five years. When he leaves after graduation, promising to return, she is forced to stay due to her father’s illness. Now he’s back-only he’s married and she doesn’t find out till after they slept together. Shattered by his deceit and duplicity, Addison sees hope on
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
Actual Rating - 3.85

I received a copy in exchange for an honest opinion. This does not influence my opinion in any shape or form.

So as you know best friend’s little sister stories are MY FAVORITE stories ever and I’ll read anything that has that phrase in the synopsis, but the other one I’ve always loved is the whole neighbor thing. Oh boy! Let’s just say I will neither confirm or deny that I ever had a fling with the neighbor.

So Right Next Door wasn’t what I was expecting, I was expecting a d
Ezinwanyi
2.5 stars.
Addison runs into an ex who hasn't bothered to let her know he's alive and she promptly lets him get it. Then she's shocked and devastated to find out he's married to someone else. Then Addison agonizes over whether she can have a future with the ex just because he said he missed her. Smh...

Addison gives the hottie next door a night with her because good sex will certainly help her figure out what she should do. Except now, she has Two guys to choose from, whom should she choose: marri
Yesi ~ LLL
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really good read! It sucked me in from the very beginning and I could not put it down. Although Addison annoyed the hell out of me with her wishy washiness and I really wanted to smack some sense into her over and over again. I absolutely LOVED Damian! I thought he deserved better than what he got from Addison. Overall a great read! Definitely recommend.
Sharon Xuereb
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve read all of AJ Pryor’s work so far, and for me this is her best story yet!

It’s full of emotion, and it’s a story that grabbed me right from the beginning, being able to sympathise with each of the main characters, and some of the secondary ones as well.

A well written, faced paced read and characters that are dealing with very real situations in their lives that you can relate to on some level. Addison and Damian are very likeable characters who each have their own situations/demons to overc
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World.*** :)

This was such an amazing book, it was realistic and romantic. It's an overall swoon worthy read that will leave you wanting for more...

Addison Peacock has had a rough life, after the death of her father she worked hard to get herself into law school and as a lawyer she has seen her fair share of infidelity cases. Yet after he finace left her only to come back five years later ready to give them another shot, she is overwhelmed and doesn't
Mignon Mykel
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review; full, original post can be found at mignon mykel : reviews .

What can I say... this one was a cute story.

Not completely fantastic, left some room for me wanting a little bit more, but all in all, it was a cute story -- one that I enjoyed and wanted to see more of the characters, a few more years down the road.

Our key players in RIGHT NEXT DOOR are Damian "Offsides" Walker and Addison "Green Eyes" Peacock (her last name just makes me chuckle... a
Danna Iuliana
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

RIGHT NEXT DOOR was one of those books where the blurb grabbed my attention and the cover sold the me. But I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised by this one because the storyline didn't exactly take the turn I thought it was going to based on the blurb. Instead it was more angsty, emotional and thoroughly engrossing till the very end.

Addison Peacock is a woman who had been dealt a pretty crappy hand in life. Forced to stay in her hometo
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
10 Sensual Sizzling Stars

I was given this book for my honest review by the author.

A tear runs down my cheek and he kisses it away. “I’m sorry Damian. I don’t want to cause you any more pain.” “You are my pain Addison.” His finger runs along my lower lip. “A slow burn that never eases, always hovering around the edges of my heart.”

Addison (Green-eyes)-sweet, spunky and a bit reserved

Damian (Offside)-hot, sexy and hidden

Addison is a lawyer that is brilliant and smart with a guarded past. The past
JG
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Right Next Door was quite different in its approach regarding love on the rebound. Told from alternating POVs between Addison and Damian, it follows the progression of a relationship that initially felt like friends to lovers with a little bit of the love on the rebound. Addie had just had a traumatic one night stand with her ex-fiance whom she had always carried the torch for. Its been five years since he left her and promised to come back and when he did she mistakenly assumed he came back for ...more
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
This is some swoony reading right here. Pretty sure Damian had me professing my love after only a few chapters. With ironic and overtly sexual coffee mugs and 8 pack abs added to the mix, I was a complete goner. Adorably romantic yet innately complex, Addison and Damian’s love story takes the long way around…even though they’re a door away from each other.

I was against the whole married ex-boyfriend returning part of this story, but you’re supposed to think the guy’s an asshole – so really, that
Melissa
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable read
The blurb for this book got my attention because it sounded interesting so I wanted to read it, but I also had certain expectations because of it. Addison sounded a little pathetic, carrying a torch for a guy five years after they parted, and then being duped by him when he turns up as I said five years later. I was wrong, I really ended up liking Addison a lot. She turned out to be a really awesome chick, who despite her damage was able to woman up, she's strong and s
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
This is my first AJ Pryor novel and I found her writing style refreshing. She hooked me from the first chapter with Addison! Though suffering emotionally due to some bad breaks from life, she is witty and strong. Her character development may be what kept me turning the pages initially but Damian... that man is what really sold me on this story.

Damian is kind of perfect. He's dreamy, loves his family and he isn't into casual sex. Nope, he is Mr. Monogamy. And from the minute he meets Addison, he
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Addison was or has been in love with an asshole of an ex. She thought in her mind that he was all that and a bag of chips. Oh boy was she wrong. He was a two timing married man who just slept with his ex girlfriend.

Damien has just moved next door to Addison. They hit it off immediately after that embracing entrance on her part. They start to spend time with on another and things start to get friendly. They start wanting more then just relationship.

They get feelings for each other and decide it
Sanaa Z.
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**I recieved an ARC by the author for an honest review!

4.5 stars!

An emotional but awesome book!! Review to come on release day/blog tour

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

description

Blog
Facebook

For more posts!
Monica Montenegro
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ughhhh! This book was beyond annoying! I seriously wanted to reach into my kindle and slap or shake the h!! The H was somewhat better but even he kinda annoyed me... Just not my cup of tea, the writing style was OK though..
Karmen
Jan 01, 2016 added it
Loved Damien. And he could of done better than Addison ;) But it had a cute HEA.
Julie
very cute. Adorable read, I loved it.
FicCentral
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
centralpickshijackedbyysar

While it only makes sense that the synopsis is usually what has me itching to read a particular book, it's certainly rare that I'm hooked by the very first sentence. My fiancé is officially a married man. The only problem is that he isn't married to me. . . Seriously, who can pass that up?

Addison has had some hard knocks. The boy she loved moved away and gradually faded away, despite the promise that he'd be back to marry her. Since then, her father has passed away, and she's found herself stuck
Pianka *call me PIU*
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 SWOONY SHIRTLESS SEXY NEIGHBOR STARS

This was my first read by this author. I have to say i was very pleasantly surprised by how the story turned out. It was an engaging read with the right amount of romance, sizzle and angst.

Addison Peacock was abandoned by her fiancee just when she needed him the most. She has not moved on from him at all. Now after 5 years when her fiancee shows up, she is devastated to find out that he is married. Now that is something she never imagined in her wildest drea
Ineffable Book Blog
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Right Next Door is the kind of book that draws you in and doesn't let you go.This book had an interesting twist on the usual neighbor romance and I loved how the author created this unique plot and used the characters to create the drama of the situation.

One of my favorite things about this book was the switching of roles. Per usual, it's the guy who isn't looking for the serious relationship, yet in Right Next Door, Damian is the one with the high relationship expectations. Seemingly right awa
Home. Love. Books.
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

Ah neighbors who fall in love, the benefit of proximity really does help speed things along, or at the very least ratchet up the sexual tension. Although this book has a side of ex-boyfriend coming at ya, which always makes things interesting.

So when the book starts Addison is so not having a good day. After her ex left her five years ago (shortly after proposing) and then never talked to her again, he reappears i
Lisa
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Right Next Door by A.J. Pryor is a roller-coaster ride you won't want to miss. There are ups and downs scattered throughout the story that will leave you reeling and wondering "So, what happens now?".

Addison is a divorce attorney whose personal life has essentially been on hold for the past five years. After graduation her boyfriend Matt proposed. The next day, he left town to pursue his career in investment banking. The relationship quickly faded over the long distance. Addison would have follo

• The Junior Bridesmaid
  • Pitching for Amalie (Men of Baseball #1)
  • Seduction and Surrender (Reckless, #2)
  • The Bare Bones (The Bare Bones MC #1)
  • Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2)
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • Vengeance
  • Identity Crisis
  • Complete Abandon
  • Animal Attraction (Alaskan Werewolf, #1)
  • Last Call
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Stripped (Sweet Seduction, #7)
  • Blade of Moonlight (Midnight Justice #1)
  • Cherry Popper (The Reckless, #1)
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • Tangled Hearts (Passion in Paradise, #3.5)