Start by marking “Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #2)

Veils and Vengeance

(Wedding Planner Mysteries #2)

When wedding planner, Adrielle Pyper, goes to Hawaii to orchestrate a destination wedding, she isn't prepared for what she finds.
After the trauma of her previous event, the beautiful isle of Kauai is the perfect place for Adri to unwind and do what she does best – plan. She even lets herself indulge in the attention of the groom’s handsome brother. But just when everythin
Published July 7th 2015 by Peachwood Press

To ask other readers questions about Veils and Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veils and Vengeance

Vicki
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-mystery
This is the second book in the Wedding Planner series. This book could be read as a stand alone. The history of Adri Pyper is told in bits through the book so that you are able to understand who she is and why she behaves the way she does. But it is more fun to follow the series if possible.

The writing of the book is really well done. The mystery starts in the first chapter and I honestly did not know who the villain was until it was about to be revealed.

Adri is in Hawaii to prepare and execu
Julie Carpenter
We're back with Adri and a whole new slew of problems. We have a new wedding, a new location and a new leading man(Yes if you've read book 1, Luke shows up and is still in the running for Adri's attentions).

How does a dream wedding on Kauai sound? Heavenly and a place to catch a little R & R while Adri is planning and overseeing all the festivities leading up to a beautiful beach wedding and luau. Heavenly... that is until a dead body is discovered and multiple attempts on her life happen.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Adri is in the business of making dream weddings happen. She takes the stress and details in her job as a wedding planner.

This is the second book in a series. I really enjoyed Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things and was excited to read more of Adri and the trouble that seems to find her. This book does a great job at explaining the back story of the first. I had forgotten several details and appreciated the reminders. You do not need to read the first to understand the plot, but it would be helpful
Rachelle
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited to continue Adri's story in this second book of the Wedding Planner Mystery Series. I loved visiting Kauai and weaving in details from the beautiful island into my story. I hope you enjoy the mystery!
There will be more of Adri's story coming soon!
Mara
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for the second Wedding Planner Mystery. This book picks up about 6 months after book #1, Diamond Rings are Deadly Things, ends. Adri is in Hawaii on the beautiful island of Kauai for Malia and Kyle's destination wedding. The wedding is days away and since Adri is so meticulous and organized there's a lot of time for sightseeing and relaxing. Except Adri finds the body of a young woman when she goes snorkeling at Tunnels Beach with Malia, Kyle, and Kyle's brother and parents, her first ...more
Katie W
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(4.5) I love the little tips given at the beginning of each chapter. Some are wedding hints, others are craft ideas, and there are even recipes! Yes, the website listed above is real.

I read the first book in this series, Diamond Rings are Deadly Things (you can see my review here), and really enjoyed getting to know Adri and her business. She almost seems to be a magnet for trouble, yet she is a normal, very hardworking, and down to earth kind of girl. This book can stand alone, but I think a re
writer...
Well done suspense, great narration, and a clean story made this a positive addition as letter 'V' in November's 'Thanksgiving' Title Letter Challenge reading.
Melissa Nichols
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was a little nervous to read this book since it is A Wedding Planner Mystery #2 and I have not read the first book. I did not feel that I was missing anything or lost in the book because I had not read the first book. I am sure there is more background with certain characters that I would have known more about but there is enough said in this book that you understand everything that is going on.
I was a little iffy on wanting to read this book and I am so glad that I did. This book was really g
Melanie
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) I loved the first book in this series and was excited to read more! Adrielle Pyper, or Adri, went through some traumatic experiences in the first book and she is now in Hawaii to help with a wedding. Things are going well until she's out snorkeling and finds a young woman's body. She can't get her out of her mind and tries to help figure out who she is and what happened to her but someone is determined to keep her from learning the truth.

I love the Hawaiian setting and felt like I wa
Rhonda
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Veils and Vengeance by Rachelle J. Christensen

4 STARS

This is a clean cozy murder mystery. The story is full of romance, great scenery, craft ideas for weddings, suspense and mystery. I did guess some but missed on a lot too.

This is the second book in the Wedding Planner Mystery series. It can stand alone by itself but better if you read both I think.

Adrielle Pyper is a wedding planner who is planned a destination wedding in Hawaii. She has issues in her life about dating. Adrielle likes the gro
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is the second book in the Wedding Planner Mystery series by Rachelle Christensen and it releases today! If you haven't read the first book, Diamond Rings are Deadly Things, you might want to before picking up this book. While I believe this book could stand alone, you would really get a better feel for it if you have read the first book. The backstory that is a huge part of understanding Adri, is explained in depth there.

This is a fun, cozy mystery set in Hawaii. You just can't go wrong wit
Louise Pledge
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a colorful picture Rachelle Christensen has painted of Hawaii in her latest book. It looks doubtful that I will ever get there, so I appreciated having everything described in such excellent detail. I love this author's books so was excited to get a chance to read and review another one. This included what I love best in a book: no offensive language or sickening sexual details, a good whodunnit with a spark of romance. Since Adri had two different men interested in her, we were, constantly ...more
Mindy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a great mystery that keeps my interest and keeps the pages turning. This book does all that very well. I really enjoyed the first book in the Wedding Planner Mysteries: Diamond Rings are Deadly Things, so I knew I was going to jump right back into another story for Adri. I loved the Hawaiian setting, that was a character on its own. Adri is a fabulous character. Her attention to detail and how she organized she is is entertaining to read. I enjoyed how Adri had attention from two men. Bot ...more
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
3.5 Stars

I was looking forward to reading Veils and Vengeance and finding out more about Adri after reading the first book in this series. I also think you could definitely read this one as a standalone, but it did help quite a bit that I had read the first book. Just like the first book, Adri is working on a wedding and finishing up the final touches for it in Hawaii. It should be a joyous, wonderful event and then tragedy strikes when she finds the body of a young woman in the ocean while snor
Susan K
Clean romance.
I received an advance copy of this for free in exchange for an honest review.
What starts out as an innocent destination wedding turns sinister after Adri discovers a dead body while snorkeling in Hawaii with the Groom's family. The situation turns more sinister as Adri keeps having accidents. Why is it happening, and who is the murderer?
The pacing of this book was perfect for me. I haven't read the first book in the series, so I loved seeing the story set up and unfold with the c
June Jacobs
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment in Rachelle J. Christensen's Wedding Planner Mystery Series. I read and reviewed the first book, 'Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things'. I feel a reader could enjoy this second book without having read the first book. This is a clean fiction mystery with smatterings of romance included.

The main character of the series is Adrielle Pyper, 'Adri'. She works as a wedding planner. Adri is a very strong main character -- an element I always like in a book. In this adventure,
Pam
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries Book 2) is by Rachelle J. Christensen. The second book in this series is as good if not better than the first. It is an excellent read and can be read as a stand-alone book.
Adri’s wedding business has hit a roll. Now she has a small family wedding to prepare in Hawaii. She has it all detailed out and all arranged and now finds herself in first-class accommodations in Kuani. Malia is a perfect bride, agreeable and pleasant. She just wants a sweet, s
April
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, mystery
I really like Adri, and I have been looking forward to this second book. Veils and Vengeance is set it in Hawaii. The descriptions are wonderful and it makes me want to visit Kauai.
Adri is only in Hawaii a day or so before she finds a body while snorkeling. After her experiences in the first book, Adri is really affected by finding a woman floating underwater wrapped in chains.
The reason she is in Hawaii is to act as wedding planner for friend Malia and her fiancé Kyle. Small problems arise wit
Julie
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The beautiful island of Kauai is the perfect backdrop for Malia & Kyle's destination wedding. Adri is at her best - she manages to find time to enjoy the island while making sure that all her perfectly laid plans for the event come off without a hitch. Unfortunately there are some unexpected bumps along the way, but Adri manages to stay positive and come out on top.

This was such a fun book to read! Adri is such a great heroine. She's spunky, talented, and fun despite her difficult past. She
Sami
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5

After reading Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things I found myself feeling really disappointed with the book. When I saw Veils and Vengeance being offered for me to read in exchange for my honest review I was interested because part of my reasons for not liking the first one had to do with it ending the way it did(So as not to spoil for anyone who hasn't read the first book I will just say that it has to do with the romance). So the fact that the story could go on was appealing to me.

I found that
Taffy
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Do you crave a good, clean romantic read full of mystery and intrigue that's smart and fun to read? Then grab Rachelle's books! I throughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. She mixes a murder mystery with romance in the beautiful setting of Hawaii very well and enjoyably.

Adri is a smart wedding planner with a head for planning and details, which gives her good detective skills. She intelligent and flawed and has trust issues. She's determined to protect her heart because of her last
Teresa Kander
This book begins shortly after the end of the first in the series, Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things, but it is easily read as a stand-alone. Adrielle Pyper is in Hawaii working on a destination wedding, which should be relaxing and fun. However, the discovery of a body while snorkeling changes the tone of her stay in the islands.

This series is a lot of fun. Each chapter begins with a wedding tip/craft from Adrielle's website, mentioned above. And this time around, since they are in Hawaii, we get
Debbie Henderson
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
*free copy for review*
This is the second book in the series and although I haven't read the first, it worked well out of sequence. I have never read anything by this author before but thoroughly enjoyed this! Set in Hawaii the beautiful scenery comes alive through the writing. The characters are well rounded and multi layered which is good for all the twists and turns.
What can go wrong planning a beautiful destination wedding? Well in this case everything from double booking arrangements with a
Neena Christianson Martin
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
I received an arc copy of this book to review, so here goes!! I had one complaint, so I'll get that out of the way first. I got really tired of hearing about her trust issues every time she got near a man, after revealing the nature of her distrust of men, it should have ended there, with maybe an occasional I'm not ready yet. Now to the positive, this book ROCKS!! It kept me guessing to almost the end as to who the killer was. The location descriptions were amazing, and it even made me want to ...more
Brooke Berry
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book in this series and so I was pretty excited to read this next one and it did NOT dissapoint. The perfect blend of beautiful scenes, romance, and mystery Veils and Vengeance was a great book.

Adri is dealing with a murder, two men who both want to date her, a wedding to plan, and a corporation that is trying to ruin her event. She manages to balance it all with poise and class and I love her for it. I don't want to ruin it for you, so just go read it.

This is the second book i
K B
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wedding Planner Mysteries Box Set: 3 Book Series Jan 29, 2018 by Rachelle J. Christensen:
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the Wedding Planner Mysteries Box Set: 3 Book Series by Rachelle J. Christensen and this review was given freely.
A three book series blending an arts and crafts DYI and recipe wedding website, the chaotic life of a wedding planner, the complicated love life of wedding planner Adrielle and multiple murders and mysteries.

**Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteri
Devi Nair
Yet another beautiful and simple story for a fun weekend read. Adri and her friends are at another adventure in Hawaii and this time, snorkeling in the ocean find death along with life. With a love triangle etched into the story and many cute wedding recipes and trinket ideas, Veils and Vengeance packs yet another punch into the wedding-y cozy mystery.
Wedding Planner Mystery series is a unique kind of cozy mystery with enough fun element embedded into the story which takes the edge out of the st
Alisha
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I have enjoyed these books even though they are very sappy and somewhat predictable. I appreciate the authors sense of humor and witty remarks throughout the book. I'm not sure if it's because she is from Idaho or what but I like her descriptions and sassy comments. I don't like how the main character always seems to be the center of disaster. I know it needs to be that way for the plot to work but it just seems a little much sometimes. It drives me crazy in other series, so it's not just this a ...more
Diana
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Event planning is cutthroat. This is my favourite wedding planning mystery, it has so much drama and Adrielle is a very reasonable character.

Listen, I get it, Luke has issues; he's tactless and rude and temperamental but I like him anyway. He has his reasons and they aren't always good but they at least make sense in context and Adrielle could do worse. That being said, omg, he wears cargo shorts and at one point, probably speaking out of jealously, said that he didn't mean to upset her by brin
Carol Bisig
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Safe House (Guardian, #2)
  • Running in the Dark (Running in the Dark, #1)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology Book: Blind Date Collection
  • Ring Around the Rosie (Hostage Negotiation Team #4)
  • Best Friends... Forever? (Landry's True Colors, #2)
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3)
  • The Wife Maker (The Husband Maker, #3)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Fortune Cookie (A Culinary Mystery, #11)
  • The Kiss That Launched 1,000 Gifs
  • From Cairo, With Love (Timeless Romance Single #1)
  • Decaffeinated Scandal
  • Slave Queen (An Omar Zagouri Thriller #3)
  • Portrait of Lies
  • One Fell Down
  • The Gem Thief
  • Black Karma: A White Ginger Novel
Rachelle J. Christensen is a mother of five who writes mystery/suspense and solves the mystery of the missing shoe on a daily basis. She graduated cum laude from Utah State University with a degree in psychology and a music minor. She enjoys singing and songwriting, playing the piano, running, motivational speaking, and of course reading.

Rachelle is the award-winning author of twenty books, inclu

Wedding Planner Mysteries (3 books)
  • Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries, #1)
  • Proposals and Poison