Start by marking “A Sister's Place” as Want to Read:

A Sister's Place

Sometimes the friend you’ve always needed is the sister you’ve always had.

Throughout the years, sisters Gracie and Juliette Bennett have let life’s changes pull them in opposite directions. But when their beloved grandmother Mimi passes away, they’re drawn back together in the most unexpected way. Set to inherit the family home, a charming Craftsman with an overgrown
Published February 14th 2017 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Sister's Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sister's Place

Start your review of A Sister's Place
Arya *Bibliomaniac!* Fraser Stark
Well…Now Iwant a sister even morethan I already always have…

Growing up, having a sister was the one thing I wanted so badly. I wore down the Penderwicks from reading it over a zillion times, pouring over the dynamics of having a family of 4 sisters. Pretending I was Jane Penderwick, and my invisible friends (We all had those at some point, didn’t we?) were the remaining Penderwick sisters.

My best friend has an older sister that she is incredibly, incredibly close with, and I have always envied
Melissa Borsey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I enjoyed this cute story about two sister's who must live together in their Grandmother's home for a full year in order to be able to continue to keep the house in the family. This is no easy feat for two highly independent women who have grown apart. Good writing, likeable characters, a little on the long side but still a good and heartwarming story.
Bethany Clark
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
What's more important than a bond between two sisters? Unfortunately Gracie and Juliette Bennett have no experienced that for several years. Their path's in life have taken them on different adventures on different ends of the country.

Grandma Mimi has other things up her sleeve though (with the help of their mother of course). She passes her home down to the girls under one condition. They are to live together, reconnect as sisters, for one year and then the house is theirs to do with as they
Emma
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was one of those that took me a couple of chapters to get into, so if by any chance you find yourself with the same problem please please don’t give up it gets better!

I loved the fact that instead of choosing to be together the sisters had been effectively forced to live together albeit only for a year by the death of their dearly beloved Grandmother Mimi. The book centres on the this year of sisters Gracie and Juliette’s lives and how their relationship grows from season to season. I
Linda Zagon
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for the ARC of "A Sister's Place" by Savannah Page. The genre of this novel is women's fiction. When Mimi, beloved grandmother to Gracie and Juliette,passes away, she leaves the girls the family home,with a stipulation. In order to inherit the family home, Mimi has left Gracie and Juliette the challenge to live together for one year in the home. Although Gracie and Juliette are sisters, they have not been close. Mimi has also left the ...more
Kayla
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogged, kindle-books
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. As an only child, I have often wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. This book allows you to experience being a sister with all the ups and downs that come along with it. Reading this book made me want a sister! What a touching story and enjoyable read! You won't regret reading this book!
Samantha Rouston
A story about sisters

A slow gentle story about love, loss and finding the one who always has your back, your sister. Slow paced but good
Kathleen
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Sister's Place by author Savannah Page is a lovely story about the bonds of sisterhood, and how a beloved grandmother's legacy takes a pair of sisters on a year long journey of rediscovering how special a sisterly relationship that they truly have.

I have enjoyed reading author Savannah Page's When Girlfriends ... series, so when I saw that she wrote a women's fiction story about the special bonds of sisterhood, I knew that I just had to read it. From the wonderful book cover, to the enticing
Kaley
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed at Books Etc.

I've read (almost) all of Savannah Page's When Girlfriends series and loved them. So when I learned Page had a new stand alone women's fiction novel, I knew I needed to read it. I could not put A Sister's Place down. It's a Must Read.

This book will really resonate with you if you have a sister (but you'll still love it even if you don't). My advice though? Make sure you read it when you know you're able to see or at least text your sis. My own little sister is
Bharti
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
A warm, comforting story. People who have siblings especially of the same sex will appreciate the adventurous ride it is to have a younger sibling. I don't have a sister but having a sibling close to my heart, I loved this story. It showed the ups and downs of having and sharing your personal space with a sibling. There are laughs, fights and ever changing dynamics and shows at the end of the day sibling love trumps the downs and family has a special place in our lives. My only complain is parts ...more
Bonnye Reed
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
GNab I received a free electronic copy of this novel from Netgalley, Savannah Page, and Lake Union Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me.

I felt very invested in this tale of sisters, found myself rooting for them both and empathizing with Gracie as well as, occasionally, Juliette. This is a good tale, taking place in Santa Barbara, CA, with enough local color to make me add SB to my bucketlist, and to take me away from my cold day in New
Judy Churchill
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a simple novel. The author seems to have a following so my guess is that this just isn't my type of story. I've read lots of sister stories and have enjoyed them, but this one never got off the ground for me. Not only did the story seem simplistic but the plot was silly. To each his own . . .
Cherie Caviness
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
A long and tedious read

It to me more than a month to get through this book. It wasn't poorly written, per se; it just wasn't an attention grabber. The story, though, is a sweet one about two sisters who try to rekindle their relationship.
Daphne Manning
Feb 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
I had a really hard time getting through this book. I really did not love either of the sisters.
Lisa
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, netgalley

SUMMARY
How would you feel if you are in your mid 20's had to live in the same house with your sister for a year? That's what happened to sisters Gracie and Juliette Bennett. They would inherit their grandmother's, Mimi's house in Santa Barbara, California if they lived in it together for one year. This house, at 1402 Laguna Lane was been in their family for sixty-seven years. The girls loved this house because of all their fabulous childhood memories of sleepovers and holiday visits.

But Gracie
Helen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
Susan (The Book Bag)
This story starts off with emotion. Gracie and Juliette are reading a letter from their grandmother Mimi, who recently passed away. Mimi places a challenge before them. They can claim ownership of the family home—if they live in it together for one year. Gracie and Juliette are sisters who are as different as night and day and this will definitely challenge them. But they do it for Mimi.

As we witness the seasons pass, the sisters go through their ups and downs where they sometimes wonder if
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Relationships can be tricky. This is especially true for family!

Gracie and Juliette Bennett are sisters who let life pull them different directions. They've lost touch with each other, something that is soon put front and center when their beloved Mimi (grandmother) dies. Mimi has stipulated that they live in her Santa Barbara house for 1 year. At the end of that time, they can opt to sell and split the profit as their inheritance.

The novel follows them through the ups and downs of the one-year
Tami
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Savanah Page

A Sisterly Bonding Fest !

Gracie and Juliette Bennett, are sisters forced to live one year with each other in their grandmother's large rambling home to inherit it.

The two sisters, are total opposites. Gracie a paralegal, who lives her life crossing every T and dotting every I. And Juliette, a fresh out of college student and free spirit who lives in New York City.

Each chapter is told in a Gracie or Juliette perspective, which pulls the reader into the ups and
Shaunda
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Many thanks NetGalley, Lake Union Publishing and Savannah Page for the ARC in exchange for an honest review..

This is the story of two sisters, now living very separate lives, who come together because of an inheritance. Gracie and Juliette have drifted apart, but their grandmother found a way to renew their relationship. In order for them to inherit the house, they would have to live in it together for a year. I really like the flashbacks to their childhood; it made me really get to know the
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a free giveaway.

I tried so very hard not only to like this book, but also to get through it. It took me an insane amount of time to read, and even at that, I don't know how much stuck with me.

Quite frankly, this book is sweet, but bland and uneventful. It wasn't bad... it just wasn't good. There are so many books out there to read, I wish I had spent my time on something I enjoyed more than this.
Fluff Smut & Murder
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

Thank you to NetGalley.com for the opportunity to read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

Nestled in the picturesque city of Santa Barbara, the tale of two sisters forced to be roommates after their beloved grandmother passes has extreme potential. Naturally, there will be conflict – oil and water can only co-mingle for so long. There’s a lot of conflict between the two, when either sister is not being wishy-washy or whining about her own problems.

What I
JoAnn
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed A Sister's Place. A story of two young sister's forced to reside together for one year to fulfill the stipulations of a will leaving them the family home. The story line is all about their ups and downs trying to achieve this. Although it took me a few chapters in to become engaged in the book I found it very well written. I obtained a copy of this book from the publisher thru Netgalley
Fran Eh
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely tale about the trials and tribulations of sisterhood.

I highly recommend this book. It's a light read with intriguing elements.
A story of two very different people coming together and rejoicing in their differences. A tale grief and how two sisters deal with the loss of a loved one while rekindling their relationship. A very nice read.
Holly
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I won this book in a Giveaway and wanted to like it for that reason alone. Two sisters inherit their grandmothers house but the catch is they have to live in it together for one year. However; the characters just didn't work for me. I thought the sisters conversations with each other were not believable a little too scripted if that makes any sense. It just didn't work for me.
Danny R Shortt
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A first for me

Chosen because I wanted to try something completely different to my norm and thoroughly enjoyed it.Savannah Page, another author added to my list.
Deirdre
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Moves so slowly! Somewhat predictable. Smarmy.
Joelle
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lorelei Frank
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching story

Touching story of a love between a grandmother and her two granddaughters. Grandma's legacy she leaves behind is of the love shared between the two sisters but have put a distance in their relationship. One year is the requirement to live together to inherit the home they cherish. Ups and downs, they pull thru and gain more than they thought possible

Hope
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from a giveaway on Goodreads. I enjoyed this story very much. It had a very good easy to read plot about two sister's who must live together in their grandmother home for a year. It turns out to cause some problems among the 2 sisters so it give a good story for anyone to read. The characters are very easy to follow and likable. Really liked the book and looking forward to reading other by the author in the near future.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Million Dreams
  • You Then, Me Now
  • Dumped, Actually
  • Ruth Robinson's Year of Miracles
  • The Emerald Affair (The Raj Hotel #1)
  • The Girl in the Corner
  • Where The Story Starts
Savannah Page is the author of Everything the Heart Wants, A Sister's Place, and the When Girlfriends series, heartfelt women's fiction. Sprinkled with drama and humor, her writing celebrates friendship, love, and life.

A native Southern Californian, Savannah lives in Berlin, Germany, with her husband, their goldendoodle, and her collection of books.

Savannah loves to hear from readers, so feel
“You know me, Jules. I’m a homebody, and I like having everyone in one place.” 0 likes
“When you have grandchildren, the time between one holiday and another, from one season to the next, seems to pass as quickly as a night’s sleep.” 0 likes