Start by marking “To Mate an Assassin (Lost Alphars, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Mate an Assassin (Lost Alphars, #1)

To Mate an Assassin

(Lost Alphars #1)

Love is her enemy…until his beast sets her free.

She is a weapon only to be used by the leader of North American shif
Published July 28th 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about To Mate an Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Mate an Assassin

Krissys
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
To Mate an Assassin To Mate an Assassin (Lost Alphars #1)by Ceri GrenelleCymbeline Kendall’s life is quiet, solitary—until a letter appears in her P.O. box. Then she becomes an Incendiary, a human chosen at birth to be trained to strike like lightning to take out the most dangerous of the Werekind, then fade back into the shadows.She is a weapon only to be used by the leader of North American shifters. But when she learns the Alphar was unseated three years ago, she sets out to find who’s been p ...more
Ellen

To Mate an Assassin is a wonderful different twist on the norm, usually the guy saves the day but in this we have the women that is the kick butt assassin of the shifter world.
I like the warning that the book gives it says "WARNING Contains an assassin who doesn’t tolerate those who hurt the weak, and a shifter leader determined to unlock his new mate’s repressed emotions—even if that puts his balls at risk. "
Doesn't that just makes you want to get it and read to find out what happens.
I am so g
Published by: Samhain Publishing
Genres: Paranormal, Romance
Source: Copy Given by Author and Tour Organizer

ARA'S NOTE:
I've always been a sucker for books with strong and cool female leads. I don't know if it has anything to do with feminism, but I just prefer women who can take care of themselves and not have to be rescued all the time. To Mate an Assassin promises that and a whole lot more. I can only take too much bef
Angela Goodrich
THAT was killer! I have read a lot of shifter books lately but Grenelle’s To Mate an Assassin was unlike any I’ve read before. Well, actually it’s Cymbeline that’s unlike any shifter I’ve encountered before and it’s what made the book absolutely fascinating for me. Without revealing the secret of how she was chosen to be an Incendiary, Cymbeline was born human and trained to be an assassin whose sole purpose was to eliminate those shifters who were deemed dangerous by the Alphar – the leader of ...more
Mignon Mykel
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review; original post can be found at:

It took me a minute to figure out how to get into this book. The terminology of the paranormal sectors and whatnot was something that I had to work through in order to fully understand -- and in the end, I still didn't quite grasp it all, but I put what I didn't get aside.

Cimby (Cymbeline) is a rare breed -- she's an Incendiary, aka the 'bogeyman'. How
Eva Millien
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She is a weapon to be used by the leader of the North American shifters but her meeting with Alphar Kerrick Masterson rips away everything she was ever taught to believe in this fascinating paranormal romance.

Kerrick already feels the Alphar power tempting his soul and the reader can’t help but get caught up in fiery sparks when Kerrick tries to convince his Incendiary that she belong to him. Emotional turmoil that comes from beliefs being questioned, betrayals and war flow from the pages and ca
Kerr
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
description

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Publish date: 28th July 2015

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog

I just have to say, the description has it the wrong way around, she was the Incendiary first. She didn't have a P.O Box as a newborn baby...

I feel bad for giving this 2.5 Voodoos, because it's impossible to differentiate the difference between a good 2.5 and a bad 2.5. This is a good 2.5. I liked th
Mellena
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To Mate An Assassin was an exciting new spin on paranormal reading. I enjoy a good paranormal romance and this one gave me a lot. It was full of passion and not just the panty melting kind. It also had an element that I hadn't ever read before, at least not like this. An Incendiary. An assassin, the boogieman of the shifter world. How she came to be was so interesting I wish I could have gotten even more about it in the book because it was neat. I gobbled this book up. I didn't want to stop.

Cym
Petula
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC but that does not colour my review in any way.
A wonderful new twist for our favourite shifter books.
Cymbeline Kendall is the Incendiary, she has been brought up by trainers and teachers. Never allowed to get attached to anyone, because she might have to kill them at sometime. As the incendiary she works for the most powerful alpha in the USA he is the Alphar. They never meet. He sends the details of the target to her PO.box, she assassinates them and sends t
Corrine Pickering
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

To Mate an Assassin (Lost Alphars 1) Ceri Grenelle 4 Stars

Cymby has been trained from a young age to be The Incendiary, her job is to take out rogue Were's. She has lived her life alone only to take instructions from the Alphar. Cymby now learns that the Alphar died 3 years ago, however she has still been receiving orders. When visiting the new Alphar she didn't envisage him being her mate, can she accept him and could their lives adapt ?

I love a good shifter
Gwen
Well you know that resolution not to impulse buy - well it lasted all of two weeks, but I am glad to say as the first purchase was not bad, not bad at all. I am not sure though if my 4 stars is a reflection of relief or a great read but anyway here goes nothing...

For lovers of Ilona Andrews and Shelly Laurenston here might be your next book and author for you to follow, a nice light fun read, though the start of this new series seems to begin with a stand alone book for our first couple, which I
Hooked On Books
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I love a good shifter book and whilst I enjoyed this one and the story as a whole, I felt it took me quite so
Shellby
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kerrick is just an alpha male, who wants to keep his mate safe. Cymbeline on the otherhand was trained to be an emotionless killer. They somehow manage to find a middleground and make it work between them. Evan is such an adorable thing.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Irene Hollimon
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pnr hot and sexy with a little sweet too
Joanne
Feb 09, 2019
Haidee
Dec 07, 2015
Crecia Cael
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2015
Jan 28, 2016
Aug 05, 2015
Bec
May 22, 2015
Ceri is the author of quirky and sexy contemporary romance novels. She has a major weakness for sappy cuddle moments as much as hot and steamy sex scenes, and a penchant for writing snappy and sarcastic dialogue. She loves romance that isn't afraid to be awkward and uncouth, and thrives on flawed characters with big hearts.

Ceri is a New York native living in California with her two cats, Mercy an

Lost Alphars (2 books)
  • To Mate a Soldier (Lost Alphars, #2)