Start by marking “Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Doesn't Bargain (Deadman's Cross, #2)

Death Doesn't Bargain

(Deadman's Cross #2)

The Deadmen are back...

But so are the demons who have broken free of their eternal prison and are bent on mankind's destruction. The worst of the lot is Vine, determined to claim their lives for taking hers. She will see the world burn...and has the perfect lure to destroy them all. One of their own.

Kalder Dupree has never known a day of mercy. Born to the cruelest of mer-
Published May 8th 2018 by Tor Books

Kat Valentine
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome adventure with captain bane and his deadmen crew!! In death doesn't bargain we find out more about kalder dupree one of devyl deadmen crew. Kalder is one of my faves and when he was taken away by vine in the last book deadmen walking we were left not knowing if he'd survive. He did,vine imprisoned and was torturing him and he also found out that vine had his brother who died, their also . Thorn is able to get kalder released and back to the crew.But once again vine and her cronie ...more
Yodamom
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, owned
Audiobook- excellent narration
4.5 Stars
Death, devils, pirates, princes, demons, love and friendship. All that and there was still some room for smexy time ! You know SK knows how to smex her characters right ! Just thinking about it all hot and bothered. Somebody grab me a fan it's hot in here. If you love her other series you'll love this one.
Man that was a fun ride. I can't tell you anything without ruining the story. it does pick up just after book 1 so go read that one first. it would also
Lyn* Nomad *Worlds await*

I should point out straight off that I’m a big fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon and I’m totally biased when it comes to her books. Yes, book dragons, if it’s her books (or Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb), prepare yourself to be mowed over by unrestrained gushiness.

That said, I went into this book full of expectations. And you know what they say about expectations? The bigger they are, the harder the fall.

It was great to see the characters from Deadmen Walking, their interactions with each other, the fast-paced a
Gary
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
an epic read 5 out of 5 all the way round
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
As a fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s storytelling, I was really looking forward to the next installment in the Deadmen’s Cross series. This book features Kalder and Cameron, two characters that fit this deadly and dangerous crew but who also have their own great personalities to add to the mix. If you haven’t read Kenyon before, she tends to write angsty and emotional stories and although this has touches of that, I don’t think this is one of her more angsty books. It was a nice change because it show ...more
Amber
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Devyl Bane and the rest of the Deadman's Cross Pirate crew is back in a brand new action-packed adventure. When Kalder Dupree the Mercian warrior is spat out of hell after being tortured by their enemies, Kalder thinks it isn't over with. Now there is Hell to pay as they must fight Vine and her minions to save their souls. Will they survive her wrath? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a great second installment of the Pirate series Deadman's Cross by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Fans of the dark h
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Deadman's Cross series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Devyl bargains to get Kalder back. But there are those who want him badly! Dead. But the crew of the Sea Witch stick together and fight the forces of evil that plot the destruction of the world.

It's hard to describe exactly what's going on in this book. It's non-stop action and adventure on the high seas. But it started a bit slow for me and ends with a cliffhanger. Still I would recommend to Sherrilyn Kenyon fans with a warning.
Megzy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scholar
AFTER READING:
SPOILERS AHEAD, BE WARNED!

There is one thing that is definitely a misconception - you cannot read this series as a standalone. I mean, technically you can, but you are missing so much of the bigger picture. There are so many characters and so many unfinished plots (Acheron's parentage, Savitar, Thorn, Jaden, Primals, Malachai, who is related to whom, etc.). I just don't know how anyone could pick this series with "I want to read a book about pirates" in mind.

I loved Cameron and Kal
Ivy
5 🌟

Enjoyed the next book in the series. Nice to see the Deadmen again. Happy to see Thorn, Savitar, Ash, and Simi as well. Happy that Cameron and Kalder were able to tell each other their feelings and get together. Congratulations to Mara and Cameron. Hope they get Mara and Valynda back.

Can't wait to read At Death's Door!!!
Marishka
Enjoyable but it gets bogged down with all the characters, words, legends and everything else. The whole time I'm reading I am sitting there trying to remember what the hell it is and it's meaning from the previous books and other series. It just has way to much going on. I would have enjoyed it better if it was separated from the Dark Hunter world.
Crazy4Books
Jun 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018-releases
WHAT I CANT WAIT A YEAR
Barbara ★
Oh man, I'm sure that now I'll have to wait a year for the next installment of the Deadman's Cross. Oh well, guess I'll simply have to endure and pick up Stygian to tide me over. lol

Sherrilyn Kenyon hits the mark once again. A wonderful series with wonderful characters and a few of my favorite Dark-Hunters appeared as well - Acheron, Savatar and even Simi.
 Reading In Pajamas
Loved! Review to be posted this week
WiseAssAssassin
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I live for Savitar and Thorn’s interactions. 😭😭
Katie Jamison
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Sherrilyn Kenyon!! I have never been disappointed with one of her books and that's still true with this one!!
Devyl bargains to get Kalden back. Though mant want him dead the crew all stick together and fight hard to keep evil at bay.
Jan Murphree
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

Another awesome bokk !! By Sherrilyn Kenyon!!!
Loved it!!! Was a great read!!!!
But this book!
Love this series!!!
Outstanding!!
Marie
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-have-in-ebook
Ok, um... that's it? I mean, it good and all, I guess, but I feel like it didn't add much to the series overarching story arc started in book 1, with the gates crashing open and a possible Apocalypse looming over the horizon. Most of the story was about Kalder and Cameron, their backstory, and their burgeoning love, which was all fantastic but feels a little rote at this point. It's not very different from any other couple's love story in the DH Universe.

There is some family drama/baggage. Some
Dee Fraser
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: s-kenyon
I love their sarcastic comments! I want a Simi!!!!!
Schells
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved getting back to this series and characters! Can't wait to read the next one in this series. I love this world!
Taylah Bromilow
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Every single time!! Her books are perfection and then they end and I’m left to wait months on months for the next book. This book was amazing. Please give me another.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

My love for Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Pirates from her Deadman’s Cross series continues.  Death Doesn’t Bargain, the 2nd installment focuses on Kalder Dupree, who captured my heart from the last book.  As a tortured soul, love does not come easy, but for his crew and his Cameron, he would give anything. It’s not hard to see that Cameron Jack and the Dea
Tanya Davis
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Death Doesn't Bargain ends not long after Deadmen Walking. In the beginning the crew is trying to find a way to save Kalder from what happened to him in that first book. That was one of the things from book one that bothered me. I hated his fate in that book. He chose it and I knew then that something was brewing between him and Cameron Jack. I kn

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Death Doesn’t Bargain is the second book in Kenyon’s historical fantasy trilogy set in the same world as the Dark Hunters. Kenyon uses a plethora of mythologies, along with various religions, reincarnation, magic, revenge, and romance to bring to life pirates, monsters, and high sea hijinks. Fans of Pirates of the Caribbean and Black Sails will enjoy this antisocial sea captain and his deadly crew who are charged with saving the world in return for redemption. Picking up where book one left off, ...more
Malissa
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and Furious, just finished, review will change.

I do love these books, but man this is a complicated world! Keeping up with who is what and what is who, etc, I need a ‘bible’ to be able to reference while reading. And what is the time frame? Sometimes I hear the characters use words that I assume wouldn’t make sense or would not have ‘existed’ in what I assumed the time is for these books.

Note: I also listened to a good portion of this on audible. I really enjoyed the narrator but will say
Darcy
I really didn't care for the 1st book, didn't really plan on reading this one, but then it popped up on my library's website and I thought what the hell, why not. I knew if I still didn't like it would be done with it and dnf the book.

This book was so much better for me. It connected more with the other books in the Dark Hunter universe. Like we've come to expect from Kenyon the hero had a bad past, one where his family wasn't a safe place and he has since created his own and through the love o
Melissa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Deadmen return as secondary characters in this story of Kalder and Cameron. Kalder is a merperson who has family issues and Cameron is a girl who has been to hell and back. Both are smitten with each other but have a lot of family baggage to deal with. As they fight against their desires, they must also fight against the demons who are out to destroy the world.

Throw in Ash and Savitar along with the characters from the first book and the gangs all here. Taking place in pirate times, the fant
Karen Victoria
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Series is Incredible!

I won't recap the story, the synopsis will more than do it's job.
What I will do is RAVE about this incredible world!
Ms. Kenyon has put in an incredible amount of detail that must have taken months to research. It's not just about the period the story is staged in. The language and phrasing is so cool! There is just no other way to describe it!
Again, Ms. Kenyon has given us brutal information about the crossover characters that has flabbergasted me. I plan on rereading
Wolf (Alpha)
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
I didn't really care for this book. It didn't really have anything to do with the rest of the books. I did like Acheron showing up in the end, but it didn't tie into the other books as well as most of them do. I liked Thorn even though a lot of people don't. I love how he was able to get Kalder back to the ship and back to Cameron. I hate how Vine is so determined to kill him and Cameron and destroy the captain. I will definitely read the next one and try to get into it. 4.5 stars.
Terri Nguyen
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let me say I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's books but someone should really edit her better. She gets on these long winded "speeches" inside the heads of her characters. Plus I feel like sometimes she beats a dead horse with how horrible the lives of the men are before they meet their mates.

Ok that being said, I loved this story.
Kenyons Minions: * Death Doesn't Bargain *Spoilers* 92 67 Feb 01, 2019 02:58PM
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Elemental: The Tsunami  Relief Anthology: Stories of Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Munro (Immortals After Dark, #19)
  • The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • The Storm and the Splendor
  • Marrying the Marquis (Flambeau Sisters, #3)(The Kazanovs, #7)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Deadman's Cross (3 books)
  • Deadmen Walking (Deadman's Cross, #1)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)