Start by marking “Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)

Midnight Revenge

(Killer Instincts #7)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,544 Ratings  ·  192 Reviews
From the USA Today bestselling author of Midnight Captive, the latest Killer Instincts novel is “off-the-charts-hot”* romantic suspense that takes readers into the heart of an enigmatic mercenary...

Out of all the stone-cold mercenaries in Jim Morgan's black ops organization, Derek “D” Pratt is the most intimidating. He is tight-lipped and covered in tattoos, and even the o
Mass Market Paperback, 363 pages

POV: multiple, 3rd person
Triggers: (view spoiler)

XxTainaxX
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Audiobook version. I was always curious about the mysterious D and what his deal was. Even more curious to know what would make the man's heart melt in the special way of heroes. Through most of the book, he is still that cold, seemingly unfeeling guy we've seen in other books of the series but here we find there's much more to him. There's a depth that only Sophia has gotten close enough to witness. After a one night stand, he and Sophia have a lifetime connection. Eventually an emotional one, ...more
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

His eyes narrowed as he advanced on her. Like a predator. Because he was a predator. A ruthless soldier, lethal and impassive, and yet right now, she didn't mind being the prey. If she were being honest, she preferred it.

Clearly I've been living under a rock somewhere because that would be the only explanation for why this amazing series by one of my favorite authors is only hitting my radar now. Romantic Suspense is one of my favorite genres, and as such, I've read a lot of it. So th
♥Rachel♥
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, I can let a breath out and relax now that I’m finished with Midnight Revenge! I think this is the most suspenseful installment in the series!

Derek Pratt, or “D” as everyone calls him was the toughest character in the team. Unfeeling and remote is how he came off, although I think there was a little hinting of feeling here and there over the series. For the most part his past and life has been a mystery, but I just knew something horrific had to happen to shape him. It was bad!! Sickening
Midnight Revenge is the seventh installment in Elle Kennedy's romantic suspense series titled: Killer Instincts. As of February 2017, I am officially caught up in this series, yay!!! Wait...I'm all caught up, so now we wait. I'm thinking I should have read slower.

Midnight Revenge focuses on hardcore mercenary: D (Derek) and Mexico-based doctor: Sofia. D is an @sshole through and through but you know what they say about mean people. The meaner a person is, the more wounded he/she probably is on
Nadia
Oh you bet your asses I'm about to rant.

In many ways Midnight Revenge reminded me of the movie Sicario.Man, that movie. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it again.
They share the gruesome background, the difficult subjects they approach, a hardened main character, who's seen too much shit in his life to be fazed by anything good or bad happening around him, action so intense you're constantly on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, waiting for whatever happens next. Unlike Sicario, t
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Action Pack Stars

Midnight Revenge is the seventh book in the Killer Instincts series. This is my second book in the series I have read. Each book are standalones and focuses on a different character. I love Elle Kennedy and I love how she can write different genres. I love an action pack read because there is always a broody male and a damsel.

D is not a nice guy. I really like that. He’s tough, abrasive and filled with secrets. He cares about his team, but he doesn’t care for female relationsh
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty sure my heart stopped beating several times while reading this. Suspense GALORE. My Goodness. Anyway... I loved it. FULL review to come on release day!

ALSO: I will say this book should come with a trigger warning.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Aaaa assassins! Fast paced and action packed. Kennedy rocks romantic suspense. Hard. And gah I love this series. Midnight Revenge was one I was curious about because it's the D's story. The mercenary even the other badass mercenaries give space. The quick of it is that Derek has done some bad shit in his life and it's come back to haunt him. Unfortunately it's not just his life that's been turned upside down. One of his teammates was mistaken for D an
Marita
May 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 16-february
That synopsis looks like it's on drugs!

I read every line of it and uttered different iterations of "Wha...?" and "Huh?" and "But when did...?" and then I read the last line and I just gave up.

This may be the first time in my reading history that I have to read a book just to understand its sequel's synopsis.....AND I HAVE NEVER LOOKED FORWARD TO A BOOK MORE!

D is that asshole you love to hate and you hate that you love, all wrapped up in one scarily bad-ass, sexy, insane, (secretly-emotionally-v
AH
Another solid installment in Elle Kennedy's Killer Instincts series. While this was not my favorite book of the series, it was still chock full of action and edge of your seat moments.

Midnight Revenge focuses on one of the more mysterious members of Jim Morgan's black ops team: Derek "D" Pratt. Derek is a dark character. He's seen lots of nasty things during his career and he doesn't do relationships. Until he meets Sofia.

Midnight Revenge is the seventh book in the series. While it can be read
Jaime Arkin

I’m just going to be straight here… I NEVER Loved D. He always was so abrasive and rude and just absolutely not the guy I find myself falling for in these kinds of books. So to say I was a little hesitant to read this book would be an understatement.

But how on earth am I supposed to resist and early copy of an Elle Kennedy book? Much less one from this series? The answer obviously is that I couldn’t.

If you’ve read the other books in this series, you know Derek has secrets. Secrets abo
Maria Rose
Midnight Revenge is the seventh book in the Killer Instincts series by Elle Kennedy. Though each can be read as a standalone, there are some plotlines that cross over from one book to the next. This is actually the first book I've read in the series, though not the first that I've read by this author. I've enjoyed her new adult Off Campus series, and her military Out of Uniform series. I wasn't sure what to expect in the way of a romantic suspense story as a result. I had no problem picking up t ...more
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

This series is really awesome and I have got to make time to catch up and read the beginning of this series. I started this series weird and dove in with Midnight Captive because the allure of an Ireland setting drew me in. I adored that book, so when I had the chance to read Midnight Revenge I jumped on it and I am so glad I did. This was a great read from beginning to end.

I loved D! He was so cranky and I loved the cranky. It truly amused me to w
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I got this book when it first came out but of course I got distracted with all the shiny books covers of others so I put it off until now.

I haven't read any of the other books not sure if I will. Not because I didn't like this one, I did but I'm not sure if I'm interested in the previous stories. I do know of the 5 pages Noelle was in I hated her. So if she's in the others it'll just bug the shit out of me because she was a freaken

I'm not interested in her being a badass assassin, who falls in
Jo
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
He began to laugh. Low, humorless laughter that brought a chill to the already cold cell. “You think if you know what happened to me you’ll magically be able to figure me out? Fix me? Baby, nobody can fix me. I’m broken beyond repair.”

Derek “D” Pratt is the coldest, most ruthless of Jim Morgan’s black-ops organization. He doesn’t care about anything or anyone. I‘ve been looking forward to his book for ages. And he sure lived up to all my expectations ;-)

Sophia is the doctor who treats Jim’s

Ezinwanyi
4.5 stars.

This was my second favorite installment after Midnight Action because Derek Pratt was such an enigma. He was the coldest mercenary that works for Jim Morgan. I had been waiting for D’s book for a long time. I will admit that I wanted Jim Morgan to share Noelle with D, but that may be too much for some people, LOL! NO SHARING happened at all. There was no triangle! I was really pleased that this story focused more on the search for Sully more than the relationship between D and Sofia. T
Angyy
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE #2

Done!
I'm not a fan of Kennedy lately *cough* The Mistake and The Score*cough* but THIS SERIES. This fucking series is gold! I was eager to read Derek's story and it didn't dissapoint. He's so cute! I mean, he's still a badass and most of the time a asshole, but he can also be so sweet.
(view spoiler)

Now give me Liam and Sully' story. Please! It was heartbreaking to see
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
"Kennedy likes to create tension between her characters."

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh D! You leave me breathless! Midnight Revenge is hardcore suspense, full of moments that leave you on edge and breathless!

Derek Pratt is one of Jim Morgan’s mercenaries. He is cold and unfeeling, and does the job at hand, no questions or feelings for anyone around him. When it’s time for him to rescue one of their own who has been captured after a case of mistaken identity, D goes in rogue. He can handle it since he’s the one they want. That is, until his world is thrown for a loop!

Dungeons.
nick
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I started the Killer Instinct series after loving The Deal by Elle Kennedy last year and quickly became obsessed and read through the books pretty fast. Though I thoroughly enjoyed most of the books, I was particularly excited for Midnight Revenge because of the main character, Derek. With his cold and unfeeling demeanor, there was just something about him I found intriguing and I couldn't wait for Elle Kennedy to peel the layers of his character. Midnight Revenge was everything that I could ask
Priyanka
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
We meet Derek “D” Pratt in the first book and it is immediately clear that D is a cold person. Not just cold but all things related that are bad. I don't know what I expected from this book because D was certainly not my favourite person from the book and I was more excited for Sully and Liam's part but this book surprised me because the author not only nailed the Laim/Sully story and has now made it impossible to wait more for their book, but D's story was just as amazing!

We met Sofia in the pr
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Midnight Revenge showed a very different side to D - in small doses, and during short scenes. I loved it!
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/01...

Get ready for a dark, gritty, heart-pounding suspense tale mixed with red-hot romance in Midnight Revenge . Elle Kennedy pulls out all the stops as stone-cold mercenary Derek “D” Pratt is thrown for a loop in this enthralling seventh Killer Instincts novel.

I didn’t expect to love D. Out of all of Morgan’s men, D has long been the most hardened, closed-off, scary mercenary of the bunch. I found him interesting befor
Lisa Filipe

Elle Kennedy takes a beloved series to another level with MIDNIGHT REVENGE.
The suspense is on point, the passion is intense and the sex is insane!

If you have to be locked in a cartel prison with anyone, hells to the YEAH would I pick Derek "D" Pratt. The man wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma...that is "D". I think that is why I have always loved "D", ever since MIDNIGHT ACTION (my first read..and then I went and read all the rest...like that week), he was sex on a stick with a bad attitude
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
These books are like crack!

I have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER to get a chance to read D's book, and of course, Elle Kennedy did not disappoint.

As with the other books in this series, Midnight Revenge packed nail-biting suspense, captivating dialogue, page-melting sensuality, and an amazing plot that made me want to keep reading until the last page (and beyond).

I'm further convinced that Elle Kennedy can do no wrong.

I am eagerly anticipating the next book!
Dawn ♥ romance
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
This romantic suspense had a really good story about finding and saving a member of the team. I knew it was going to take lots of work and someone special to break into the hero's heart. Lots of fast paced exciting action made this a very enjoyable book. Special Ops agent Derek brings his teammate to Dr Sofia and acts on his basic instinct with her.
Krissy
I love D. Sophia is stupid. I want more Liam and Sully. The end.
Cheesecake
DNF at 40%... but it really is just me. I prefer suspense stories in movie format. But to be honest, this wasn't very suspenseful. I admire EK's talent, but Robert Ludlum she is not.
I really like the MCs, especially D. And he stays true to character through the whole story. (Yes I did skim to the end... which was sweet btw).
But EVERYONE ELSE in the book got on my last nerve! Especially that Noelle chick. Either the characters weren't very bright, or they were a-holes (like Noelle).
So NO, I wil
Kim
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

If you read my review for Midnight Captive, you know how much I was looking forward to this book. Not as much because it was Derek's book (because he's really never been one of my favorites) but because I HAD TO KNOW what happened to Sully. I went into this book flat-out terrified about what would wind up happening to Sully and on the edge of my seat, hoping for the best.

I'm not entirely sure what I expected of Derek's backstory – and his present
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • Taking Fire (One-Eyed Jacks, #4)
  • Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops, #4)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Hot Protector (Hostile Operations Team, #9)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Shattered (LOST, #3)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Running On Empty (LCR Elite, #1)
  • Protector (Dark Ops, #4)
  • Blind Faith (Sin Brothers, #3)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Killer Instincts (8 books)
  • Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • Midnight Captive (Killer Instincts, #6)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
“As much as I’m enjoying this verbal foreplay,” he said abruptly, “what do you say we just skip to the part where you ride my dick?” 2 likes
“Where’s our man?” Holy shit, she’d just sounded like a total badass. She was tempted to sneak a peek at D and check if he was impressed, but she didn’t dare risk it.” 2 likes