Start by marking “Run from the Stars (The Arcturian Confederation #1)” as Want to Read:
Run from the Stars (The Arcturian Confederation #1)

Run from the Stars

(The Arcturian Confederation #1)

An unstable utopia...
The nine-world Arcturian Confederation have imposed five centuries of peace across more than five hundred human colonies. If orthodynamics, the technology behind faster than light travel, fell into the wrong hands, this utopia could end in a catastrophic interstellar war.
The Arcturian Space Fleet grew old and inflexible waiting for the wars that neve
Published May 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Run from the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run from the Stars

Start your review of Run from the Stars (The Arcturian Confederation #1)
J C Steel
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Arcturians are the only space fleet in human space with faster-than-light drive; the conduit through which all interstellar commerce and travellers must flow. Following a kidnap attempt that she successfully derailed, Jane Gould was recruited by the Arcturians, and she’s never looked back; the Space Fleet is her life. However, an old feud is heating up between planets, and when Jane goes undercover, things get complicated fast.

Run from the Stars is an explosion-filled, think-on-your feet rea
Lizzie
Apr 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Jane Gould is an interesting character. A space fleet pilot, on the side of the good guys, who can kick ass, dress up and impress, and shoot quickly; even better, she has brains to go with her physical attributes.

The first book in this 2-book series (thus far) sets up the politics, the technology, the planets, the confederation, the bad guys, and Jane's "brothers and sisters in arms". In actuality, I would give this a 2.5, so I rounded up to 3. It's not quite there though. For me, it was not a
B
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Space Opera Extraordinare

Read this exciting title, with a heroic female lead by the name of Jane and spend a few hours immersed in adventure.
Rebecca Armstrong
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of the book when i asked as i found the premise interesting.

The main character Jane is a smart, sneaky space pilot who can dress up like a girl but kick ass with ease. What caught my attention first was the cover as I am a space book binge at the moment.
Jane is a well respected but understood no to do things by the book and those who understand her love her for that.

Jane is living in a universe that no no major war meaning all worlds are slowing building its way forward witho
Ray Tayek
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story take place in a futuristic interstellar utopia, with only local, planet-side pockets of bad guys, due to a monopoly on FTL travel by the good guys.

The protagonist is a strong, well-developed female character. Perhaps the support characters could stand a little more development. The antagonists were a bit thin on development.

Jane, the heroine, finds the bad guys and after a couple of narrow escapes, gets captured by them (they do not manage to hold on to her for very long!) I was
Don DeBon
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author on the condition I would post a honest review.

Run From The Stars is a interesting space opera centering around the protagonist Space Fleet Operative Jane. While still young, her ways of thinking get her out of situations that leave everyone else scratching her head. The language of the novel is very descriptive and the action (with rare exception) keeps rolling from the first page. The technology used is interesting, as is the meth
Fiannawolf
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I have to admit that opening was fairly interesting. Jane has a quirky kind of luck I wouldn't want. Rough landing and not the best kind of greeting at the door.

She's an interesting character. I bought both books a while back but like everything on my kindle most of its on my TBR pile.

Decent world building. She can hold her own as a protagonist.

LostInTheWoods
Midelaye
Jun 08, 2016
Camille Phillips
Jun 23, 2016
Space Opera Fans : R2R: RUN FROM THE STARS (Space opera, military, espionage) 20 136 May 20, 2016 11:37PM
Action Heroine Fans: Welcome to Jane Gould's world 9 11 Feb 22, 2016 11:54AM
Support for Indie...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway results 2 26 Sep 05, 2015 05:50AM
Space Opera Fans : Reviewing free downloads 2 15 Aug 27, 2015 12:16PM
Space Opera Fans : The Arcturian Confederation 1 11 May 28, 2015 08:58AM

The Arcturian Confederation (2 books)
  • Turn to the Stars (The Arcturian Confederation #2)