Start by marking “Poems To Last A Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Poems To Last A Lifetime

Poems To Last A Lifetime

A contemporary new treasury of verse for every age of life. The extraordinary success of Daisy Goodwin's best-selling poetry collections has brought tens of thousands of new readers to the classics and to the work of many relatively unknown contemporary poets. Her instinctive sense of the way in which poetry in all its myriad forms can play a part in our daily lives, and h ...more
Unknown Binding
Published October 4th 2004 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Poems To Last A Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poems To Last A Lifetime

Chellbian
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I've read this several times throughout the years, in snipbits and as a whole. It's not all 5* in my opinion but each time I go back to it I find old favourites and something newly relevant to my life now.
Ally
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
This is an absolute essential. A wonderful collection of poems to see you through every trial and tribulation of life and to strengthen all those happy moments. Daisy Goodwin's comments are touching and illuminating - she advocates poetry as self-help and it's the only self-help book you'll ever need. If you're feeling it then you can be sure a poet has got there first and even if you can't articulate your own feelings there's a poem in here that will articulate it for you.

This is the one book I
Christopher
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't often read poetry, however, this is a brilliant collection of poems which is beautifully compiled by Daisy Goodwin.
It's designed to dip into for "advice for life", it can however be enjoyed from start to finish. From W.H. Auden to to Robert Burns and Emily Dickinson. Even those who wouldn't usually enjoy such a book would like this.
The organisation of the poems and images on them make this a standout book.
Sharon
Oct 30, 2007 rated it it was ok
If this is the first Daisy Goodwin poem book you have read then I am sure you will love this book. However if you have read her other books do not bother with this one as it contains many of the poems from her previous publications.
Magpie
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My all time favourite anthology
Merceiam
Ruth
May 09, 2007
Jayne
Nov 18, 2017
DAISY GOODWIN, a Harkness scholar who attended Columbia University’s film school after earning a degree in history at Cambridge University, is a leading television producer in the U.K. Her poetry anthologies, including 101 Poems That Could Save Your Life, have introduced many new readers to the pleasures of poetry, and she was Chair of the judging panel of the 2010 Orange Prize for Fiction. That w ...more