Start by marking “Redemption (Children of the Gods, #3)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Children of the Gods, #3)

Redemption

(Children of the Gods #3)

Lead Council member, Christoph, is dead by Elyse’s hand, and Descendants have begun to emerge, exposing their secret to the world. Some see this as the prophecy come to fruition, but the prophecy caries a heavy consequence. It was never meant to be as peaceful as most had hoped.

Humans and Descendants struggle to live together in a world that isn’t ready for such a change.
Published November 2nd 2015 by Acorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Start your review of Redemption (Children of the Gods, #3)
Meradeth Houston
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of series where I love the first book, but after that, the series doesn't hold my attention. The Children of the Gods series is absolutely the exact opposite of that. I've loved following Elyse and her friends as they'e grown and fought, loved and lost. This last book brought the series to a wonderful close, after some seriously heartrending moments and totally craziness (in a good way!). I was glued to the pages, knuckles white over what was going on (often to some of my favor ...more
Lisa
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
My Review:

I want to first thank Jessica Therrien, who was the first ever author to take a chance on two newbie blog partners by sending us each an ARC of her book to review when I was part of the blog BookMark Belles! (I now blog on my own) & no there aren't any hard feeling between me & my former blog partner!

It's been about a year or maybe even longer since I've read Oppression & Uprising books 1 & 2 in (The Children of the Gods) series, but picking up Redemption took me right back to where it
Kelly (purplebookstand)
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Redemption

This is the last book in The Children of the Gods trilogy, and by golly what a finale, wow wow wow!

I do enjoy reading trilogies and series, but often find that they don't hold zmy attention all the way to the end. This trilogy completely gripped me from beginning to end, and I really didn't want it to finish! They are the first books in a while that have had me reading into the night.

Redemption has a bit of everything: war, fighting, betrayal, heartbreak, hope, friendship, love...Jes
Montzalee Wittmann
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Decedents of Greek gods make themselves known to the world...

Redemption (Children of the Gods #3) by Jessica Therrien takes off right where book two ended. They show their powers to the world and humans have mixed reactions. The Decedents get blamed for things they didn't do, they are set up. The new Oracle is born, but ....so much happens in this book, it is a have-to-read book!!! Great book, loved this series!!! I must read fantasy series. I received a review copy of this book, a review was no
Lulu // the Book Rookery
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

facebook // twitter // bloglovin // youtube

The third, and final?, book in the Children of the Gods series, Redemption by Jessica Therrien is absolutely amazing! Best book of the series by far. Christoph is dead and Elyse thinks the prophecy fulfilled. Little does she know a new council rises and has its own plans for human/descendants integration.

The plot of book 3 is fantastic. It’s fast paced and heart wrenching and you keep hoping things aren’t as they seem but they are. There will always
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

***** 4.5 Cranky Stars *****

From the beginning of her pregnancy Elyse shares visions with her gestating baby, and what she sees is not reassuring. During her labor she sees the destruction of every major city in America.

In a vision, the old Oracle appears to her and cryptically tells her that they have to lose to win.

In the unwanted roll of leadership that had been thrust upon her, Elyse tries to prevent this destruction. In the face of manipulation through a self serving surviving council membe
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
There was no doubt this would be a bang finale. I just was not sure how it would come. I found that something extra that I was waiting for with the first two books. There were moments to satisfy me at every point of the emotional spectrum. I was overwhelmed with the array of emotions that I experienced here. I had to read it all the way to the end in the first sitting. I just had to know how things turned out. What happened to each of the characters that I feel in love with. I was not just enamo ...more
Nolene Driscoll
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book via The Book Club in return for an honest review.

This is the 3rd and final book in the Children of the Gods series and what a series it has been. I'm sad that it has come to an end and can only congratulate the author on a story well done. I have been lucky enough to have now read all three books in this series and glad I did.

Elyse has completed the phrophecy as foretold and is ready to settle down in peace with William awaiting the birth of their daughter and hop
Nicole
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Redemption is the final instalment in Jessica Therrien's "Children of the Gods" trilogy.

All our favourite characters are back for more adventures and action. In this final book, the descendants' world is given an almost post-apocalyptic make-over. The story moves
at a fast pace and character, world and plot development all hurtle along.

Will it all end in a "happy ever after"? Will humans and descendants finally embrace their differences and work together to create a new world?

Jessica Therrien
Kat Ross
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This sucked me in from page one. Elyse is such a sympathetic, finely drawn character, and I love the magic and mystery of the world she moves through. Jessica Therrien takes her original twist on Greek mythology and adds stellar world-building, a dash of steamy romance (love William!), cinematic action scenes. and above all, characters that just seem like real people. I recommend you start at the beginning of the series with Oppression (so I'm trying to keep my review spoiler-free); trust me, yo ...more
Fiona
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the final instalment in the Children of the Gods Trilogy and I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed all three books, although I think that Uprising is my favourite. The high standard of the writing is continued in Redemption and the action is as fast paced as ever but what has really kept me reading are the parallels that can be drawn in real life. The suspicion with which the majority view any groups that are different, the fear it can create and the violent uprising that can occu ...more
Angela Holden Hunt
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.
The last in the Children of the Gods trilogy and the best.

Elyse has killed Christop allowing the descendants to come forward and show their secrets to the world.
But some humans won't accept the descendants, and it causes a war.
Friends turn against each other, families are ripped apart. cities destroyed and it is u to Elyse to stop it all, but can she?

I didn't want it to end, I have loved each of the books but this one really had me gripped and wouldn't let me go, I had to keep
Sue Wallace
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an arc from the book club ( tbc ) on fb in exchange for an honest review.
Lead council member, Christoph, is dead by Elyse ' s hand, and descendants have begun to emerge exposing their secret to the world.
Wow. OMG. Wow.
Absolutely fantastic read.
I loved the story and the characters.
Elyse and William are still my favourite characters.
Wow. What a read.
Had me gripped from start to finish.
Was rooting for Elyse all through the book.
Did not like Arianna at all.
I loved the endi
Book Monitor
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd in the trilogy and the story of the Descendants and their challenges rattles on at a good pace, ratcheting up the tension and for me this was the best of the three books. The writing was more emotionally gripping as the story headed towards its finale. The characters continue to develop and the situations become more complex. This series of books is really a single tale so they should be read in order but this was a good fun read.
Thanks to TBC on Facebook for this in exchange fo
Ellen
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from #TBConFB in return for an honest review.
This is the third book in the Children of the Gods trilogy and a satisfying conclusion to the story. Humans and Descendants are at war and Elyse's daughter has been kidnapped in a bid to force her hand. Elyse and William must try and bring the two sides together without too many casualties.
I enjoyed this trilogy and would read more by this author
Lorraine
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite a sad time for me, as I have now finished all three of these books. The last one was brilliant, fast paced and amazingly written. This set of books is definitely one I wish I could forget a re-read, highly recommended!
Mo
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the third and final instalment In this series and although I enjoyed it, my favourite was book two . Certainly a series I would recommend for people who enjoy this genre , I found this book engaging and easy reading . Thanks to Tbc and Jessica for allowing me the pleasure
Literary Classics Book Awards & Reviews
In Redemption, (Book 3 of the Children of the Gods series) Elyse lives to fulfill the prophecy linked to her. Now that Christoph is out of the picture the Descendants are free to reveal their true identities. But some humans simply aren’t ready to accept the Descendants, and war ensues. Chaos becomes the norm where even friends cannot be trusted, families are torn apart, and cities are destroyed. But Elyse strives to bring peace and harmony to a world that is groaning under the strain of so much ...more
Mistress  #darklings
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the last in a trilogy series, Children of the Gods.
I will say, I liked the premise and the basic storyline. The idea for the series is a good one and I did look forward, to reading before I picked the first one up.
However, I struggled to really enjoy or get anything from the first two. So when it came to picking up the third and final book, I did so with trepidation, expecting more of the same.
I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this one more than the others.
However,
Elisabet
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Redemption is the final book about the Children of the Gods. It takes the story to it final close. I found it a bit slow in between, there was always enough happening though but maybe sometimes it felt a bit repetitive since I have been reading the books in a short period of time so I knew/remembered all the backstory. Descendants and humans have to learn to live together but it can't work without great cost to everyone. Ellie becomes much more mature in this third book and finally finds her rol ...more
Chelle
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

This series has improved as it went on, the third being the best to date.

Again I have to say it's an amazing premise and storyline - highly inventive and easy to grasp. None of these 'what?' Moments where the author just kind of chucks in random stuff.

However, compared to most books of this genre the world created just isn't rich and engaging enough. The relationship between the two just doesn't feel deep and natural to me. Which was a shame as I liked William.
The build up of the tensio
Amber Jones
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Laura Henderson
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 brought so much more than what i thought possible. Most trilogies die off somewhere in book 2. However this is not the case. The book takes off on even more adventure. just when you think it's over and they can settle down. Nope! There is even more surprises and more complexity. Jessica only grows with each novel in her writing skills and keeps you glued, and gripping every page as you fly through just to finally see the ending. I felt that with each book there grew so much depth and dime ...more
Holly Kammier
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read Redemption before it was released. If you like YA even a little bit, you HAVE to read this! Jessica Therrien is a brilliant writer and Redemption is one of my all time favorite YA books. It's romantic, it's fun, it's full of shocking twists and turns. My favorite part though, was reading about Elyse's pregnancy. It felt so real and reminded me how extra protective and ferocious we become when we are carrying our first child. Bring on book 3!!!
Peggy
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
**SPOILER FREE**

Not realizing that this is part of a series when reading, I was a little surprised to realize that you can read this as a stand alone, even though I never recommend that with book in series. This book will have you captivated and turning page by page. It has more twist than expected which makes it even better!

*Received for an honest review*
Janet Jackson
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great addition to the series. This book really ramps it up as descendants and humans fight for control. The writing is superb and well worth the read. What a great way to end the series with this thrilling ride. I recommend it for young readers as well as adults as it has something for everyone. Excellent book!
Swordfish
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. It's the third in the series (I'd recommend reading them in order, I'm not sure this one would work as well as a standalone book) and it keeps going til the end. The characters are great and the story flows well, I'd really recommend it if you like YA and paranormal/fantasy books. Thanks to TBC (The Book Club) for the opportunity to give an honest review.
Christa Yelich-Koth
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed with the finale of this trilogy. Redemption kept me intrigued between scenes of action and emotional angst. The characters have grown and changed, learning and accepting pain, loss, and above all: hope.
Nicole
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay I love this series. Redemption (Children of the Gods) (Volume 3) by Jessica Therrien. Additictive book I had a hard time putting down. War. Power of the gods. Romance. Stress and worry. Honestly loved these three books. Hated waiting for them to come out one by one.
Emma-jane
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great ending to the series. I only had a couple issues with the timeline. I had to go back and recheck a few times! The characters held up through, and I went through a whole range of emotions whilst reading it. many thanks to #TBConFB for letting me have a copy to review.
FREE BOOKS! 1 7 Sep 25, 2015 12:39PM

• Dark Widow’s Curse (The Children of the Gods #24)
  • Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen
  • The Silver Witch
  • Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking
  • Near & Far: Recipes Inspired by Home and Travel
  • The Kinfolk Table
  • Dark Overlord New Horizon (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 38)
  • Dark Dream’s Trap (The Children Of The Gods, #28)
  • Dark Prince's Enigma (The Children of the Gods #29)
  • Dark Prince's Dilemma (The Children of the Gods #30)
  • Dark Prince's Agenda (The Children Of The Gods #31)
  • Dark Widow’s Blessing (The Children of the Gods #25)
  • Dark Dream’s Unraveling (The Children of the Gods #27)
  • Dark Warrior's Legacy (The Children of the Gods #10)
  • My Dark Amazon (The Children of the Gods, #6.5)
  • You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck to Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt, and Living the Life You Want
  • Now, Then, and Everywhen (Chronos Origins #1)
  • The Children Of The Gods; Mega Boxset 1 (The Children Of The Gods, #1 To #6)
Jessica Therrien is the author of the young adult series Children of the Gods. Book one in the series, Oppression, became a Barnes & Noble best-seller shortly after its release. Her trilogy has been translated and sold through major publishers around the world, such as Editions AdA (Canada), EditionsMilan (France), and SharpPoint Press (China).

Aside from her Children of the Gods series, Jessica is

Children of the Gods (3 books)
  • Oppression (Children of the Gods, #1)
  • Uprising (Children of the Gods #2)