Start by marking “Sadie's Surrender (Oyster Harbor, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sadie's Surrender (Oyster Harbor, #3)

Sadie's Surrender (Oyster Harbor, #3)

After her husband leaves her for another woman, Sadie Johnson feels unattractive. Unable to face a dreary future of shucking oysters and living with her critical mother, she dreams of being a businesswoman. But in 1936, opportunities for women of color in Oyster Island are limited.

An oysterman at heart, Henry Rockfield would rather sail than run the local branch of his bro
Published May 16th 2015 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Sadie's Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sadie's Surrender

Mspraise50
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

****I was given an Advance Reading Copy of this book for my honest review. I have not been paid for my review!****

I have known of this author for a while and I even have a couple of her books including Book 1 of the (Oyster Harbour Series) but this is the first book I have actually read by the author.

This is book 3 in the Oyster Series and this is Sadie and Henry’s story.

Henry is Caleb’s brother and Sadie is Pearl’s cousin from book 1. You can read this story without having read books 1 and 2 be
Crystal Moody
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First, let me say that I love this series! It was so good to read Sadie's story. When we first met Sadie, she wasn't a fan favorite but totally redeemed herself. She had to deal with so much suppression in her life, from her mom to her husband. It was so great to see her get the love she deserved. The relationship between Sadie and Henry was very hot. I loved how they developed into the part when they started seeing each other. It was very hard for them and I liked how the author detailed out th ...more
Meka♥books
The biggest thing I didn't appreciate about this book was everyone (from her mother to strangers) putting Sadie down for her appearance to the point that she believed she was unattractive. Sadie’s looks became such an issue it took away from the enjoyment of the book for me. It was too wrong and repetitive. Other than that, the book was merely ok for me. I felt like there were scenes that were out of character for the times and farfetched and some that just were right on.

Sadie's Surrender gets
Dei Cowen
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Ummm

Let me first say that I love, love, love Historical romance novels! I enjoyed Plucking the Pearl I've read it several times, so therefore when the Author announced the release of Sadie's Surrender I couldn't wait! However I'm a bit disappointed in the flow of the story! I really never got a clear understanding of Sadie's physical description and it became a bit annoying to hear continually, her herself say that she was not pretty as well as the narration and her mother! In the dedication I
Shaye Lowe
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
It was nice to visit all the folks at Oyster Harbor again. Pearl and Caleb are still my favorites. Would love to read more of their story.
Joyce
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I normally don't read IR historical romances but this one is worth reading
Sheen