Start by marking “Kingston Court” as Want to Read:
Kingston Court

Kingston Court

** Top British book reviewer says Kingston Court has best love scenes in a contemporary novel.**

Sometimes you have to fall to learn you can fly. Samantha and Natalie are at a crossroads. Gorgeous, over-the-top Samantha, hides from her past by hanging her status and her happiness on her "perfect" husband. That is until she learns his secret. But she's not the only mother
Published September 10th 2015 by Acorn Publishing (first published August 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Kingston Court, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Holly Kammier I love this question. I thought about it quite a bit after I wrote that scene, and my answer is maybe. It seems to me if her dad could give up that ea…moreI love this question. I thought about it quite a bit after I wrote that scene, and my answer is maybe. It seems to me if her dad could give up that easily on Samantha, he might have dropped off at some point anyway. A man like that could re-marry and put so much effort into his new wife and children, it would be difficult for him to manage a daughter from a previous marriage. I think it would have depended on her father's new wife/wives/girlfriends. If they made it hard for him to see Samantha or felt threatened by his relationship with his first daughter, that might have been enough for him to not try so hard during Samantha's teen years which would inevitably be hormonal and challenging. (less)

Start your review of Kingston Court
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of Women's Fiction. Women's Book Groups
Ooh! I love it when a book helps me escape the grind of everyday life and reality and not only that is really well written! Kingston Court was just what the doctor ordered for this reader. What a refreshing change in women's fiction. After comparisons to Sex & The City I was not sure what to expect but really, this book holds it's own without needing to be compared to anything else.

Samantha and Natalie are at a crossroads. Gorgeous, over-the-top Samantha, hangs her status and her happiness on h
Jessica Therrien
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited for the world to read this book. It's emotional and real and just plain great.
Kagsy Wagsy
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5* No spoiler review of Kingston Court by Holly Kammier

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found I couldn't put it down and read it in one day. The main characters Natalie and Samantha, two stay at home mums, have their worlds turned upside down by events which are out of their control.

Natalie and her husband Mark are both injured when they are involved in a car accident. Natalie's injuries are not serious, but Mark is left with life threatening injuries.

Samantha's glamorous life is turned ups
Michele
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
While attending WonderCon last weekend, I across Holly Kammier's booth in the small press area and her book, Kingston Court. She told me about her book and while I hadn't see Desperate Housewives, I came off of reading David Coon's book and my presentation on suburbia, so I thought I would give it a shot.

I started reading Kingston Court that first night. Kammier divided her story between two main protagonists, Natalie and Samantha, each who were challenged by life altering events with their res
Book Monitor
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
This is a story told from the points of view of Natalie and Samantha. Both live on Kingston Court and both experience major changes to their lives due to events beyond their control. We then see through their eyes, how they cope, the changes that happen to them and their families and the emotional ups and downs. I really enjoyed this and felt that the two stories complimented each other very well,keeping my attention throughout. Part Desperate housewives, part romance, wholly readable.Of the two ...more
Jo
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW, Scandalous! I actually really enjoyed this and even though there were scandals (what do you expect from a neighbourhood of gossips though right?), you couldn't help but root for the main characters. They were just so damn lovable and real.

There were a few shocks I didn't see coming, which always makes me smile and whets my appetite for more. I do have one cringe worthy moment though - Samantha's mother folds the corner of her book to keep her place! ARGH! Why do people have to torture books
Tracy Fenton
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable book with believable characters and storylines. If you liked Desperate Housewives you will love this. A lovely change from my usual crime and Thrillers books.
Joanne
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book last year in a giveaway. Kingston Court is a well-heeled area - think Desperate Housewives without quite so much bitchiness and you've got the idea. Samantha and Natalie are our two main characters and although they socialise with the other women in the neighbourhood, they don't have a huge amount in common and in fact, have a fairly major fall-out at the beginning of the book. Both women are stay at home mums, looking after their children, running t ...more
Shelly
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Kingston Court!! The book is told from the perspectives of its two main characters, Samantha and Natalie. Each has their own, distinct personality and set of life changing events, and I found ways to relate to both of them. The reality of their situations made this a roller coaster ride of a read. Ms. Kammier did a great job of creating a "chic lit" book with substance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this author comes up with next!
Christine Tamaska
Shelves: finished
“...emotional, love, acceptance and growth, All I can say is “AWESOME”. From start to finish I could not put this book down. I fell in love with “Natalie” and “Alik” right from the start and with "HOLLY KAMMIER'S” captivating writing somewhere along the way “Samantha” worked her way into my heart too. I am excited for her release and for all avid readers like myself to enjoy this book......
Sandra
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author and TBC on Facebook for the preview copy.

I simply loved this story which was told by the viewpoints of two women (Natalie & Samantha) who lived in the same street. They both are dealing with major changes in their lives and we learn how they deal with them and come out the other side! Easy reading and I liked the characters. Would recommend.
Christa Yelich-Koth
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although not what I usually read, I was impressed by Kammier's ability to weave two distinctive women's lives in such a creative way. Filled with drama and heart, Kingston Court will delight readers who enjoy shows like Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives.
Danielle
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining it was great to read the journey these two women take.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Now, this is what I call The Desperate Housewives version 2.0. I had been a big fan of that TV show when it was still airing ten years ago, and I found the girls/wive's stories really entertaining and intriguing. After reading Kingston Court, it felt like it took me back to those times when I eagerly st in front of the TV and revel in the lives of Susan Meyers and the Van De Camps and Gabriella Solis. (Okay, I apologize for the millenials who don't recognize these people I am blabbing about, but ...more
Gina Stamper
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel was very well written and had a great story line.

I loved how part of the theme of this novel focused on middle-age women who are essentially starting over in work and dating. How common that is in real life!

We get to see these characters in many elements of their lives and read about the ups and downs of all of them.

Holly Kammier has created a memorable novel.

R.K. Emery
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly Kammier is such an imaginative and descriptive storyteller.

I definitely think if you are looking for something fresh and fun, yet something that will make you think a little deeper in the process of reading, and even after, this one is for you. She does a great job of melding all of these elements to make the novel cohesive.

Love and Emotion and Decisions and how they affect everything. The balance of life in general. It is a great story!

*Copy Provided by RABT*
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was by far one of the best books I’ve this year. The minute I think I have a storyline figured out, there is a twist.

I haven’t seen a plot like this in a while. I connected with the characters on a emotionally level. Samantha and Natalie were so relatable. I’m a SAHM and I invest everything into my child so I can relate to them.

Definitely wish there was a sequel so I can check in with them.
Tiffany Rose
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the beginning and wanted to know what happened in these womens lives. I read this in under a day. I would highly recommend it
Kerry
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a kindle copy of this book when Holly very kindly donated ten copies to Joseph over at Relax and Read Book reviews, when he hosted a giveaway event.

In Kingston Court we are introduced to Natalie and Samantha. They are wealthy women, both are wives, Mothers and neighbours, but they fall-out quite early on in the story. This book is a year in their lives. Very separate lives.
I like how each chapter alternates between the two women and each is written from their own perspective.
I found Nata
Susan Swiderski
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Since this book was described as a cross between "Sex and the City" and "Desperate Housewives," I had certain expectations about it, you know? I expected it to be a lighthearted, fast-reading piece of entertaining fluff. I expected it to be filled with smart sassy dialogue laced with double entendres, to relate amusing anecdotes of outlandish situations and the madcap ways in which the ladies reacted to them, and I expected those ladies to be a bunch of beautiful gossiping neighbors who are one ...more
Kim Markett
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my second book by Holly Kammier but it is actually her first. Here she is with another mesmeric story. She has some sort of way of enchanting you with her written words. It’s so gratifying and thrilling and captivating. I love the way her charters just pop to life in my mind. It happens so flawlessly, I become enveloped by her words and let them take me through these charters lives.

This story centers around two women living in a high status and full gossip neighborhood. They both have e
Terri
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women everywhere!
This was one of the best books I've read all year! I totally loved it. It showed the stark realities of married life, which is a welcome change from all the happily-ever-after stories floating around. The only issue I had was the large number of spelling mistakes e.g. spelling inhibitions as inhabitations. The book could benefit from another professional edit.
Holly Kammier has joined the ranks of my favourite authors and I'll definitely be buying the spin-off, Chasing Hope.

**SPOILER ALERT**

I lo
Kelly (purplebookstand)
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it

Firstly I would like to thank the author and TBC for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The story follows Natalie and Samantha. They are both regular women who are experiencing life changing events parallel to each other. The book follows the women and how they deal with the events that are thrown at them. It's follows them as they try to hold their families together, but also examines what might happen if their family dynamics alter as a result of these changes in t
Pat Conroy
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing debut novel!!

This is a great book that was very fun to read and I couldn't put it down. It's not my genre but I thoroughly enjoyed it & it is a page turner, Holly Kammier's writing is amazing!! I loved how it went back & forth between Natalie & Samantha. I liked that the story took place in San Diego and Holly mentioned so many familiar places. Made it feel like I was reading about my neighbors. Keep writing, Holly, and I'll keep reading your books. You have an amazing talent!!
Tara Lyons
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it
A good debut, 3.5 stars. Definitely a Desperate Housewives kind of read. It was a light, easy read and a change from my usual. I really liked the two main characters, they were well-written and developed. At times I rolled my eyes at the romance - it seemed a bit too intense. For romance book-lovers, I'd recommend Kingston Court.
R.D. Kardon
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging read

Kingston Court is a good story well written. It reminds us that what we believe is not always what is true, and that the most popular, socially acceptable course isn’t necessarily the best one to follow. This book is not a genre I typically read. That said, I gulped it down in just a few days.
Karen
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed this book - it was an easy read but still had depth to the characters and I felt I could relate to them. A good read.
Olga
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Although not my usual genre, I found this book an easy, light and enjoyable read. Well written, with likeable characters and fast moving plot - a great debut.
Jsomers
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun and filled with moments I could relate to. Enjoyed the references to my local home town of San Diego. I could imagine the sand between my toes.
Alyssa Petersel
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holly is a superstar writer. This book is perfect for the upcoming holidays - a great read for the subway, beach, or train. A light page-turner that will keep you coming back for more.

• My Big Fat Fake Engagement
  • The Beach House (South Carolina Sunsets #1)
  • Eucalyptus Street: Green Curse (A Botanic Hill Detectives Mystery, Book 2)
  • In Five Years
  • The Dilemma
  • High Lonesome Sound
  • Be Protective (Escaping the Friend Zone Book 5)
  • We Are the Stars
  • The Hate Vow (Quicksilver, #1)
  • The Kiss Plot (Quicksilver, #2)
  • How to Date a Younger Man
  • Men of Inked, Volume 1 (Men of Inked, #1-3)
  • Friends Like These (Friends Like These, #1)
  • The Love Trap (Quicksilver #3)
  • No Time for Trouble (No Brides Club #11)
  • Addicted
  • The Rule (All in #1)
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider (Emma Frost #1)
Holly Kammier is the international best-selling author of Kingston Court, Choosing Hope, and Lost Girl.

Lost Girl and Choosing Hope are cross-over novels to Kingston Court, with overlapping characters and locations.

Co-Founder of Acorn Publishing, the UCLA honors graduate is an accomplished writing coach and a former journalist who has worked everywhere from CNN in Washington, D.C. and KCOP-TV in Lo