Start by marking “Mr. Postmouse's Rounds” as Want to Read:
Mr. Postmouse's Rounds

Mr. Postmouse's Rounds

(Mr. Postmouse #1)

Mr. Postmouse has loaded up his wagon and is ready to deliver the mail. From the lofty heights of the Birds' tree houses to the inky depths of Mrs. Octopus's ship, the intrepid letter carrier lets nothing stand in the way of his deliveries. Each spread features whimsically detailed interiors of creatures' homes, which readers will pore over for delightful surprises. This i ...more
Published August 1st 2015 by Kids Can Press (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Postmouse's Rounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Postmouse's Rounds

Start your review of Mr. Postmouse's Rounds
Idarah
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There’s something to be said about Québécois and their cleverness. On an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, Quebec was hailed as a gourmand’s Mecca-a place where the general population knew how to live well. It’s all about family, fine dining, and art. It should come as no surprise then that an upsurge in graphic artists turned children’s authors has also emerged there. The results have been witty tongue-in-cheek books with amazing illustrations.

photo image_zps6rogxbfp.jpeg

Dubuc is an award-winning children’s boo
❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
Mr. Postmouse has a long day ahead of him. He gets to deliver all manner of deliveries to all sorts of animals.

I applaud the illustrator for all the small details. My boys 5&7 had a lot of fun searching for and discovering all the fun little items found on each page. They especially liked the rabbit burrow's bathroom...they are boys after all.
burrow

Each imaginative creation of each animal's home was fun to inspect: Bear, rabbits, birds, snakes, squirrels, dragon, mole, ants, turtle, crocodiles, oct
Abigail
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Fun Picture-Books Featuring Animal Characters and/or Mail Delivery
Mr. Postmouse's rounds take him to a variety of animal residences, and through a variety of climates, but our intrepid murine hero lets nothing stand in the way of delivering the letters and parcels entrusted to his care. Whether it be a delivery of nuts for Mr. Squirrel or a worrying package for the hens, Mr. Postmouse always comes through...

Originally published in French as La tournée de facteur souris, this delightful picture-book from French-Canadian author/illustrator Marianne Dubuc has a s
Almira
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shortly, Mr. Postmouse is going to be delivering the mail to every animal around the block (so to speak).
Look closely when he delivers to the Rabbit household --- my co-worker and I were not able to contain our laughter!
Marianne has done a marvelous job at illustrating animal "habitats" even if they are in conventional human homes.
Thanks to whomever suggested this author to me!
Mathew
Having first discovered Dubuc with the most wonderful The Lion and the Bird, I was pleased to find more of her work in the guise of a pair of picturebooks which follow the story of Mr. Postmouse. Known for building her narratives from the images that she sees in her head rather than having any sort of written story, Mr. Postmouse’s tale is one in which he drops off post and parcels for a range of animals ranging from a thieving magpie to a friendly dragon.

Dubuc’s story has been compared to the
Heather
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Charming picture book which follows Mr. Postmouse as he delivers mail to various animal friends at their (often wildly elaborate) homes. The story is simple, but the illustrations are very detailed and clever. If the reader looks closely, they'll have some laughs and learn some secrets about the denizens of this neighborhood. With the animal friends and the bright, cheerful colors, this book is reminiscent of a less-intense, rural version of Richard Scarry's Busytown classics. Recommended for ch ...more
Jane Scholey
A genius picture book with so much going on. I loved this book. Clever, funny, witty. Brilliant.
Jay
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This ARC kindly provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publisher.

a very simple story about mr postmouse travelling to everyones’s house to deliver their mail, but the real fun is in studying the illustrations throughout the book. There are all sorts of crazy things going on that your little one will love! This is sure to generate some great conversations between you.
Rachel Watkins
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
These intricate illustrations reveal the secret life of animals on Mr. Postmouse's route. I could spend hours looking at these pictures because they remind me of my beloved Richard Scarry books. 5 stars!
Kendra
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so quirky and weird how could I not love it?

You guys I'm not even kidding there was a mermaid picture in THIS one too. I love this trend more please!
Eve Leuzinger
A book about Mr Postmouse's delivery round throughout the locality...seems a simple book but this is so much more! The illustrations aid to create a whole new world that the reader is readily encompassed in when given the tome to read and engage with this.

Personally, I found the narrative alone simple, and if you are someone that only reads a picture book this is definitely going to mean you miss 90% of the text. The illustrations here are the absolute highlight and they make the story witty an
Erin Murray
The illustrations within this text are definitely the highlight. All those there is text within the book, I would say it could be more useful and equally weighted with the engagement of the illustrations if there was more substance to it.
Katrina Clohessy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love these kinds of illustrations, where the reader gets a peek into different houses/living situations. It reminded me of Busy Bunny Days.
Steph Palmer
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal
Not engaging.
Elaine
Think of all the positive children’s book descriptors you can and they probably apply to this book! The story is relatively simple and charming but the illustrations are phenomenal- so detailed and beautiful giving glimpses into the homes of all the creatures to whom Mr Postmouse delivers the mail. It is fascinating to look at all the hidden, unexpected, yet appropriately quirky features in each home and the pictures enthral children sharing the book. It is the sort of book where you read the te ...more
Vernon Area Public Library KIDS
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: preschool thru 1st grade
Mr. Postmouse's Rounds is a charming story with creative, detailed, and humorous illustrations. It follows Mr. Postmouse's mail delivery through his diverse community of animal (and fantastical) friends. As he drops off parcels at each creature's dwelling, he encounters a moment in their lives at home that readers can relate to, such as: Father Bunny preparing a meal for his children; a homing pigeon planning a vacation; Mrs. Alligator sitting down to a good book and snack; mountain goats playin ...more
Sandra
This book is wonderful! Mr. Postmouse loads up his wagon and his rounds begin. There's not too much text, but all the magic is in the illustrations, beautiful and full of details (and jokes) to discover. Each page is an amazing opportunity to take a look at the inside of different type of homes, burrows, some under the ground, on trees, or underwater, on the top of the hill, inside the hive and the anthill, and many more.

Dubuc is certainly a skillful illustrator. It's evident in each picture all
crashqueen73
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-keepers
Oh man! I need this book! For me! It is divine! I love love love the illustrations and it reminds me of the Richard Scarry books I read as a child which I adored and read and read and read.

This book has illustrations that are highly appealing. Quite simple in execution but so detailed also. Even the trees have hundreds of individual leaves! One could spend hours looking at each page and I love that about these illustrations!

Overall, I am rating this one a five because I WANT this on my bookshelf
Anna || BooksandBookends
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the book's publishers and NetGalley for letting me read a free copy of this book in exchange an honest review. It's much appreciated!

This is the tale of Mr Postmouse's daily rounds. He visits a whole host of fun characters and even has to takes some risks to deliver the mail safely. The illustrations for the book are beautiful and add a lot of depth and interest to the book. In each image there's much more than the text on the page shows and in some instances it's quite funny seein
Samantha
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Postmouse delivers packages to all different sorts of animals which is such a treat for readers as they get a peek at each animal's house and the details are thrilling!

I am a sucker for picture books about mail and the post office and this book excelled at what it aimed to do. I love all the different worlds introduced in this one book. I was blissfully lost in the little details that made each home perfect for its animal resident and I liked the picture clues that were supplied regarding wh
Janet
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is just a story about Mr. Postmouse delivering the mail to the various animals in their homes. But, oh, the illustrations are the heart of this picture book. One needs and will want to pour over the detailed imaginative illustrations. . .what type of roof would a mouse house have, swiss cheese of course. What about the roof of a rabbits house. . .well of course it would grow carrots. And check out the interiors of the home. So much to see and chuckle about in these illustrations.
The Library Lady
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A little Richard Scarryish with its busy animals, but the art is more scratchy. The detailed drawings are a delight to pore over--I especially like the ant colony and the Crocodile house, with its egg nursery complete with a "crib" mobile. Fun for kids, humor for adults and zero saccharine, which Scarry books often edge on. ...more
Noura
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mail makes me happy and the love and appreciation I have for mail people made this book a special read. I loved the details on every page and I can guarantee you'll find something new every time you pick it up.

Also, this is just something that's fun to read out loud and is guaranteed to be a hit with kids and the young at heart alike.
Poongothai
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
We follow Mr. Postmouse on his daily rounds as he delivers the mail to the residents. He even travels by plane and boat. The details of the houses are the main attractions in the book.

A delightful read.

Thanks to netgalley
Amanda
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Would have given it 5 stars but the font is a bit teeny-tiny. Loved this and the pictures give you so much to admire and discover and wander through. Funny too.
Katie
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
So many cute and funny details to look at in the illustrations!
Mell
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun. Sweet. And very clever. I loved the details within each whimsical page. Any adults reading this one to kids will also be entertained.
Kayla
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I just read both of the Mr. Postmouse books, so I’ll do a collective review—these books are so very sweet! The illustrations are so cute and there is quite a lot to look at on each page. I would love to sit down and read these with a kindergartner or preschooler just to see what catches their eye on each page. These would be great books if you’re trying to engage kids more in discussion while you read. These books were both originally published in French, but the translations don’t seem stilted ...more
Hannah Elsayed
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic for KS1 which allows for many cross-curricular opportunities. Mr Postmouse does his rounds of parcels where he meets a variety of animals along the way. The illustrations used within the story are fantastic and the imaginative creations of each of the animals homes really allow children to think about how an animal could be living in their habitat. This would make an excellent lesson, transforming the classroom into Mr Postmouse’s post office where children could create th ...more
Lynn  Davidson
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mr. Postmouse loads up his wagon with mail and sets out on his delivery route. When he has mail for them, he delivers letters, parcels, packages, food treats, purchases, notes, and more to squirrels, rabbits, ants, a yeti, penguins, a mole, a turtle, crocodiles, a snake, bats, a wolf, afly, goats, skunks, chickens. He stops for lunch with his dragon friend along the way, too. Fun illustrations show how Mr. Postmouse has to climb up and down and go to many different places to make his deliveries.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Journey
  • 10 Little Rubber Ducks
  • The Big Umbrella
  • Stick Man
Diplômée en design graphique à l'Université du Québec à Montréal, Marianne Dubuc est auteure et illustratrice. Elle a signé une demi-douzaine de livres jeunesse, notamment deux ouvrages publiés à la rentrée 2010, Devant ma maison et Un éléphant qui se balançait...

Mr. Postmouse (3 books)