Start by marking “Chasing Cassidy” as Want to Read:
Chasing Cassidy

Chasing Cassidy

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  529 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
When Zachary Stafford first set eyes on Cassidy Pope she was being beaten by her father. After witnessing the traumatic event, he made it his mission to befriend her. As the years pass, their relationship evolves and Cassidy not only gives Zack her friendship but her love, as well.

Cassidy spent her childhood being verbally and physically abused. The best part of her life
Published July 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Cassidy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Cassidy

Claire Robinson
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - "I've known you since we were six years old and I've loved you for as long as I can remember." Stars.

I think you need to be in a certain mood to read and enjoy Chasing Cassidy, and in the main I really enjoyed it, but due to the subject matter it deals with, is very heavy on the angst and drama, if that’s not your thing then this is probably not the book for you.

”My instincts are always to run now.”

It’s safe to say that Cassidy hasn’t had the greatest start in life, having suffered years o
Coco.V
Feb 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/3/2018)! 💝
Nance
Zachary Stafford is one hot and swoon-worthy male, and Cassidy Pope is a scared and wounded young woman. She's branded unlovable by her abusive parent. Unfortunately, she believes the monster. So, on her wedding day she runs. But, what she doesn't count on happening is Zack promising to show her just how lovable she is. This was one moving and passionate love story! I loved it, and I wouldn't hesitate to read another D. Kelly book. She has a way with her writing that just makes the reader embrac ...more
Winter Sophia Rose
Sweet, Intense & Emotionally Beautiful! An Excellent Read! I Loved It!
bookbruin
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chasing Cassidy is an emotional book dealing with some very serious and painful issues. The prologue starts the story off with a bang and I couldn't help but want to find out more about Zach and Cassidy. At its heart, this is a story about family, love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Zach is incredibly sweet, loyal, and romantic. He sets the bar for book boyfriends at an almost impossible level. There were times I thought he was actually too sweet. Yes, he really was that perfect. Cassidy's evolut ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was an emotionally beautiful book that dealt with insecurities that may affect many of us every day. But, it also proved that when we have someone on our side assuring us otherwise, maybe one day we will believe them and put those insecurities aside.

As I read the prologue, it had me in tears, wanting to be able to grab Cassidy and hug her with all my might and let her know that everything would be alright. Due to her childhood, Cassidy has had a negative view of herself, always remind
Derna
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Chasing Cassidy by D. Kelly was a heartwarming and heartbreaking read, about first love, true love, soul mates, trust, hope, friendship and coping with your past. It also deals with the sensitive subject of physical, mental and emotional abuse.

“Faith makes all thing possible”

What I loved about this book was the support and love that Zachary gave to Cassidy, which started at such a young age. He is just perfect; he’s sweet,
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

What would you do if you were left at the altar?

Zachary Stafford does what a man truly in love does, in his opinion. He runs after Cassidy Pope, the love of his life. Friends since they were young children, their love grew only deeper upon a foundation of trust, support and family. That doesn’t mean that everything is perfect, far from it. Despite the closeness between them, and his family, there are cracks just waiting to widen with doubt and insecurity.

“I’ve just made the biggest mistake of m
Big Joe Rossi
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Zachary Stafford 1st saw Cassidy Pope when they were both 6 yrs old. Her father was beating her with a belt. From that point on he watched and tried to protect her as best he could.

Cassidy Pope has a crappy home life to say the least. An abusive dad a non functioning mom. Her saving grace, is Zach and his twin sister Rylee. They become her best friends, they welcome her into her family as do their parents. As they grow up the grow closer and for Zach and Cassidy that turns into love. But what h
Liz
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chasing Cassidy by D. Kelly is an emotional and heartbreaking story. Full of angst, emotions and some very hard subjects, this book will definitely stay with you.

Cassidy Pope’s life has not been an easy one. She spends the majority of the time as child both verbally and physically abused by someone that should have loved and protected her. This left huge scars and insecurities for Cassidy. She doubts herself and her self-esteem is practically nil.

Cassidy broke my heart. She was pushed down and
Darlene Avery
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Review:

Chasing Cassidy by D. Kelly

Chasing Cassidy starts out with tackling a subject matter that is very raw and heartbreaking. It will absolutely break your heart. However, there is always hope for a brighter future. And D. Kelly does a wonderful job of showing that ray of Hope throughout this book.

Cassidy is a young woman trying to find her way in the world and face not only her past but the dream future she always wanted, even though her future mother-n-law, Priscilla, is completely again
Megan Fall
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, favorites
What a sweet read! The whole time I wanted Zack for myself! He was amazing and so caring, even though Cassidy left him at the alter he still loved her and made sure she knew that. This was one of the best, most heartbreaking books I've read. The abuse Cassidy suffered was horrible and I'm so glad she was able to get past it. I really need Ry's book though. I honestly couldn't decide between Pete and Nick so I'm so glad, from the sneak peek, it's headed in the direction I think.
Vanessa Booksmymate
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It started out so good but I just couldnt really connect to the characters, althought they were likeable. Then I started skipping pages and thats why I only gave it 2 stars. Just wasnt enough to keep me reading closely. ...more
Vickie
A heart wrenching emotive read that will literally pull at your heart strings. Chasing Cassidy is a love story first and foremost, however, some of the subject matter in this book deals with child abuse verbally, mentally and physically, however, the author has covered this sympathetically and the scenes are written beautifully.

Cassidy spent her childhood believing she was unworthy of love. Forming a strong and steadfast friendship with the Stafford twins, Zack and Rylee is the only good thing
Lora
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4 out of 5 stars

When a book starts with the bride leaving the groom at the altar you can't imagine it will have a good outcome…

Well, Ms Kelly did an amazing job of pulling me into this love story that started when the couple was only 6 years old. Can you imagine knowing your significant other for that much of your life? I would love that! Zack and Cassidy know all about each other and all about what their pasts include and how that affects not only the present but the future.

Most men would giv
RBCRRBLOGGER
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing on behalf of Relentless book chics ramblings and reviews

Another heart warming, tissues required story by Dee Kelly.

I was a little nervous about reading this as I loved the Acceptance series so much and I didn’t want to compare this story to it. I didn’t need to worry though as the characters in this are the type that you can’t help falling in love with and the way they are developed leaves you in no doubt that they are unique.

Cassidy is so sweet but she had such a traumatic childhood t
Briana Pacheco
4.5 stars!

First off, any book involving twins will win my heart. Twins are awesome. *wink wink*

Cassidy has spent most of her life emotionally, physically, and mentally abused by her father. The day her family moves into their new home is when everything turns upside down. But fortunately, Zack is there to befriend Cassidy, love Cassidy, and show her that everything her father said and did wasn't true.

On the day of Cassidy and Zack's wedding, the negative thoughts win and Cassidy runs. She runs b
reading the sheets
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zachary witnessed first hand the beating Cassidy took from her father,shes spent her childhood being abused and beaten by her father he befriends her and Zachary and his twin sister become her best friends.As they groe so does their friendship and Zach and Cassidy grow to love each other.Having suffered years of relentless abuse its taken its toll on Cassidy she doesn’t believe in love or thinks she deserves it shes also very insecure.When her wedding day arrives thise insecurities get the bette ...more
Kylie Frankel
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of D Kelly's prior books and I knew this book would not disappoint. Actually, I think it was better than the first series I read by D Kelly. Cassidy has such a hard upbringing but had great friends and neighbors who accepted her.
This book definitely had some surprises and it was an emotional roller coaster. I hope there will be another one in the works.
Elaine
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a book that when you read it you where emotionally involved the whole time. I cried a lot as I read why she ran and who was the one that made her run. D. Kelly this is one of my favorite books I am so glad that I had the pleasure to read it. Thank you.
Krystal
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If you have read the Acceptance Series by Dee Kelly, you KNOW that she does not disappoint. From the moment I got the first sneak peak of Chasing Cassidy I was absolutely excited. And once again, Dee does NOT disappoint!

Cassidy Pope has a complicated past. At the age of 6, young Cassidys father began to verbally and physically abuse her. Cassidy was shown no love and affection be either parent. Being told she is unlovable, and that love does not exist. After witnessing Cassidys first beating, Ca
Books Laid Bare
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“My life isn’t complete without you in it. I know love is real because of you. I am loved because of you, and most importantly I can love because of you.”
Could there be a better line????
D Kelly brought to life a couple that while they had known each other from being little more than toddlers now all grown up they embodied the whole spirit and intensity of what being loved really means.
Cassidy had a childhood that was upsetting to read, she had endured more than should ever be permitted as she gr
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Chasing Cassidy Stars!!✯✯

Yes! D.Kelly is back with a new book and new characters and wow. I have missed reading a book by her. This book was written beautifully. Between the laughing and crying I finished this before I knew it. Then, I got upset because I finished it.

Cassidy Pope moved into her grandmother house after she passed away. Once they moved in her world changes and not for the better. Her father started drinking and became both physically and mentally abusing her. The only th
Three Chicks
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review by Jen Skewes

I loved this book. It is one of those books that just makes you feel good. It is a beautiful love story between two people who have known each other since they were six years old. There wasn't a lot of drama or angst but this story did not need it. It was heartbreaking at times to see all that Cassidy went through but at the same time it will warm your heart because Zachary Stafford is one amazing man. Chasing Cassidy is the beautiful story of a girl who feels so unwor
FMR Book Grind
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LEEANN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

There is a content warning at the beginning of this book & I have to say, you need to read it & decide if you want to continue with the book.

Personally I loved this story. Yes it does touch on situations of child abuse, but once you get past that you see that the story underneath is
about a beautiful lost girl who is going to marry the love of her life.. Or is she?
Cassidy has suffered years of abuse at the hands of her father, but the one saving grace she could alway
Kat
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any Contemporary Romance Lover 18+
*** Gifted in exchange for an honest review ***

If you love movies like Runaway Bride, then this book will be right up your alley.

We start the story with the Wicked Uber Snobby Mother having chased away our heroine Cassidy just before she is due to walk down the isle - I was begging for her to stand up to this 'Biatch' while reading, but her insecurity got the better of her and she ran... But YAY Zack the Hero is going after her!!!

The story focuses on Zack and Cassidy as they spend time in the
Christie72
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I found out D. Kelly had a new book coming out. I read her Acceptance series and fell in love with her writing then. Her characters and her storyline may be different with Chasing Cassidy, but I loved reading this book as much as her other series.

“There’s never been a girl whose hands fit in mine like a glove as if they are an extension of my own, until you. There’s never been a pair of eyes that see into my soul and set my world right again, until yours. There’s never been
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Here is another great story from the author of The Acceptance series. I enjoyed reading this book so much that I devoured it within a few hours while on vacation. Sweet romance, dark secrets, horrible parents, amazing friends and siblings, all that and more is what you will find inside the pages. Cassidy Pope and Zack Stafford share the kind of love that everyone strives for in their life; the kind of love that can handle anything.

Cassidy is six when her father moves them back to his old home a
Lou
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It's full of romance, twists, turns and soo much emotion.

Chasing Cassidy launches us into the world and life of Cassidy Pope. We get to see Cassidy as a child and then as an adult. Cassidy's childhood after the age of 6 was positively hellish. It's starts after the death of her grandmother; her father's mother.

After his mother's death, Cassidy's father moves them into his childhood home; I think he hopes this will help him cope with losing his mother. However, moving into
  • Declan (Wounded Heroes, #1)
  • Ember (Black Inferno, #3)
  • Empty Promises (Promises, #3)
  • Just For The Summer (Chasing Carolina #1)
  • No One's Surrender (Chadwell Hearts, #3)
  • Against the Tide
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • Missing Link (The Finders #1)
  • Pushing the Line (The Line, #4)
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)
  • Morning Stars (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #2)
  • A Beautiful Purpose (The Beautiful #6)
  • Promise It All (Blinded by Love, #2)
  • Cut Too Deep
  • Beholden to You (Redeeming Love, #1)
  • The Unraveling of Raven (The Unraveled Trilogy, #1)
  • Bad Girlfriend (First and Last, #4)
  • Tatted Cowboy (Down Under Cowboys, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)