Start by marking “The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband (An Asperger's Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband (An Asperger's Mystery, #2)

The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband

(An Asperger’s Mystery #2)

For Samuel Hoenig, Asperger's isn't so much a syndrome as it is a set of personality traits. And as the sole proprietor of a business called Questions Answered, Samuel's put his personality traits to good use, successfully answering every question he's ever been asked.

But when his newest client asks about the true identity of her so-called husband, Samuel recruits his form
Published October 8th 2015 by Midnight Ink (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband

Ivonne Rovira
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
Samuel Hoenig, Asperger’s Syndome savant, would tell me it doesn’t make sense. And he’d be right. I had some qualms about author E.J. Copperman’s first novel in his new series, The Question of the Missing Head. I felt that the main character, the aforementioned Samuel Hoenig, was more of an autism cartoon than a real-life character. So I shouldn’t be so crazy about the sequel, The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband, right?

Well, as Samuel would be the first to note, neurotypical people just don’
Lynn
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband is the second book in the Asperger's Mystery series. I enjoyed the first book in the series so I wanted to continue with the series. I like Jeff Cohen/E.J. Copperman style of writing There is always humor and a creative plot.

Samuel Hoenig has opened a business where he answers questions. He is emphatic that he is not a detective but answers questions only. Those questions do get him drawn into crime solving while finding answers to questions. A woman walks
Chris
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty good continuation of the series - enough so that I'm on the wait list for books 3 and 4 at my library.
Gloria Feit
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Samuel Hoenig, the protagonist and first-person narrator in the second book in the series (following the wonderful The Question of the Missing Head last year) by E.J. Copperman, is 30 years old and still living with his mother. His business, Questions Answered, was opened six months ago in Piscataway, New Jersey, and as the tale begins a woman about 27 years old who introduces herself as Mrs. Sheila McInerney hires him to answer a rather startling question: “Who is the man in my bed who calls hi ...more
Eugene
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
A near miss, but fairly entertaining. Samuel Hoenig has Asperger's Syndrome, and operates Questions Answered, a business devoted to finding the answer to your question. But folks continually assume that if he can investigate a question, he can do so with a crime. Hoenig resists this idea, but if they put the proposition to him in the form of a question that sufficiently intrigues him, he sometimes takes such a commission.
The book seems hokey at first, but Hoenig grows on you, as do his mother an
Tasula
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second in the amusing series about an Asperger's affected man who opens an agency called Questions Answered. In this book, the question is posed by a woman who wants to know who the man claiming to be her husband really is. The main characters are a lot of fun, the mysteries are interesting.
Lisa
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this protagonist and his thought processes. Unfortunately, however, I realized the "plot twist" about halfway through. Other than that, it's a fun read.

*Book Riot Read Harder Challenge
*cozy mystery
*book about someone who identifies as neurodiverse
Iza
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.wordpress.com

– This arc was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review –

This is a series I’d never heard about but I requested it since it could be read as a standalone.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable book, not much on account of the murder investigation (if you’ve read Agatha Christie, you might find out early, like I did, who was responsible of the murder). It was because the main character, Samuel, has Asperger’s syndrome. This
Cathy Cole
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jeff Cohen ups the ante in his second Asperger's mystery featuring Samuel Hoenig. While enlightening for those readers unacquainted with people who have Asperger's, The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband is a truly enjoyable read with many laugh-out-loud moments and a devilishly clever mystery to solve.

In the first book, The Question of the Missing Head, Samuel was seemingly obsessed with his timetable for exercise, and I have to admit that I was a bit worried that his persistence would carry ov
Andréa
The characters are still interesting, but this second book doesn't shine quite like the first. The protagonist's personality and unique narration are enough to make any question he tackles intriguing to readers, which makes it all the less necessary to have as convoluted and complex a plot as this. Some key points(view spoiler) were too similar to the previous book's plot points.

Note: I received a digital ARC through NetGalley.
Becky
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 continues the fabulously of the Asperger's Mystery series. Samuel Hoenig and Ms. Washburn have become 2 of my favorite characters working as a duo! This book did an excellent job of keeping my brain busy and providing some humor! Book 3 is already pre-ordered!
Carrie
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a unique series with very likable characters.
JayEmm
May 17, 2018 added it
I have just finished reading "The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband" by E.J. Copperman, the second installment in the Asperger Mystery series. While I enjoyed the first volume in this series "The Question of the Missing Head" enough that I wanted to read the next installment, I was disappointed in vol. 2 "Unfamiliar Husband." My problem with the story line is that I had difficulty in following the action with the number of characters involved in the plot. Not enough character development was do ...more
Cheryl Bradley
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Samuel Hoenig is once again posed an intriguing question at his place of business, Questions Answered. A woman named Sheila McInery isn't sure just who her husband is or if she married him under suspicious circumstances. The question intrigues Samuel, but he knows that as an individual with the autism spectrum diagnosis, Asperger's Syndrome, relationships with people are what he does worst. After much persuading, he is able to entice his past associate Janet Washburn to investigate with him. Bef ...more
Tracy St Claire
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the second book in this author's cozy mystery series about a detective who has Asperger's Syndrome.

The first book was much better than this one. This book has some has some strange devices -- a person looks "around thirty-two" (years old), which is nuts, you can't approximate someone's age down to the year. Or you know the year, and you don't have to guess. When I read that phrase, I thought, maybe it is supposed to be an aspie thing. But no, a couple pages later, we have someone in the
Kimberly Ann
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Samuel Hoenig, a man with Asperger's, runs "Questions Answered" a detective agency of sorts. He makes it clear that he is not a detective but an investigator and all he does is answers questions.

A woman comes in and tells Samuel that she has woken up to find an "unfamiliar" man in her bed, who claims to be her husband.... Her husband shows their a marriage certificate as proof, but she is unable to remember anything that happened between her arriving at a party and waking up and finding him in b
Lisa Hall
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are a nice addition to the cozy mystery genre and the four stars are mostly because the character of Samuel Hoenig carries this story. The actual plot itself was given away early on. In the interest of not spoiling this for those who haven't read, suffice to say if you're an Agatha Christie reader, you're going to be stopped in your tracks with a plot element you've seen before. Granted, all plots are things we've likely seen before, but this one stands out.

That doesn't stop what fol
Meredith
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just saw Jeff at the Deadly Ink Conference in Rockaway, NJ. I grabbed a couple of his Asperger's Series books and started with this one. I love this book! Copperman's style is so charming, so subtly informative, so deftly engaging -- you just want to devour the book and then go find Jeff and hug him! Well-drawn characters, puzzling plots, strangely lovable protagonist! Read it!! Then buy some more and read them, too!
William
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-self
I like this private detecti... sorry... questions answered series. The books are smart, logical, and give me a change to think ahead in anticipation, and basically be incorrect. Not all the scenarios are perfect (I can't believe none of the four women would check the bathroom... really?) but the entertainment value is high for me. 4.7.
Janice
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lia Keller
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The main character still was amusing, but I enjoyed this one less for some reason. I probably will pick up the series again in a bit.
Gerda Leek
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute
Robert White
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining read, but not a book that has a lot of deep meanings. The characters were all well fleshed out and believable, I didn't have to hide my disbelief of the jumps in logic, there weren't any.

Adding the quirks of the lead character's Asperger's Syndrome actually mode the book more enjoyable to me. I am looking forward to reading more in this series by E. J. Copperman.
Heather
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable entry in a murder mystery series with a main character with Asperger's. Fun mystery and wonderful characters.
Alice
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
All I remember is thinking--Monk?
Much info about Asperger's. the focus aspect of Asperger plays well in a detective's job description.
andrea
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Characters grew even more interesting than in debut novel and the case...correction question...to be solved was very intriguing. Excellent follow-up!!
Nick
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another excellent Asperger's mystery. Well crafted, great characters, and lots of humourous bits all the way through!
Shelley
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I'm quite enjoying this series. So far I've been able to figure out 'who done it' rather easily- but the charm is not the plot, but rather the characters- so I will continue reading with glee!
Zoom
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Zoom by: Susan Davis
Shelves: humour, fiction, 2017
3.5 stars. Light reading. A mystery story in which the detective has Asperger's Syndrome. His personality dominates the story, and Asperger's dominates his personality. If you enjoyed The Rosie Project, you'll probably like this one too.
Nathanielle Crawford
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nathanielle Sean Crawford, author and blogger. Today I will be reviewing The Question of the Unfamiliar Husband, by Jeff Cohen and EJ Copperman. If you would like to read my previous review on the first book of the Asperger’s Mysteries, please click on the Uniform Resource Locator that will take you directly to the review: The Question of the Missing Head.

Please be aware that this and other reviews may contain what the Internet community refers to as a sp
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hack (F.X. Shepherd #1)
  • Death on Nantucket (A Merry Folger Nantucket Mystery #5)
  • No Sleep Till Wonderland (Mark Genevich, #2)
  • Nighttown (Junior Bender, #7)
  • Nervous Water (Brady Coyne, #23)
  • Rolling Thunder (John Ceepak Mystery, #6)
  • End Me a Tenor (Glee Club, #2)
  • Some Die Nameless
  • The Haunted Housewives of Allister, Alabama (Cleo Tidwell Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • Writ in Stone (Burren Mysteries, #4)
  • As Dog is My Witness (Aaron Tucker Mystery #3)
  • A Killer in the Wind
  • Bury the Lead (Joe Gunther #29)
  • Coming Unclued (A Val Valentyn Humorous Mystery Book 1)
  • Unquiet Spirits: Whisky, Ghosts, Murder (Sherlock Holmes Adventures #2)
  • Presence: Stories
  • The Killing Kind (Michael Hendricks #1)
  • Trail of Echoes (Detective Elouise Norton #3)
Librarian note: E.J. Copperman is the pen name for author Jeff Cohen

E.J. Copperman is a mysterious figure, or has a mysterious figure, or writes figuratively in mysteries. In any event, a New Jersey native, E.J. has written for such publications as The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, American Baby and USA Weekend. Night of the Living Deed is the first E.J. Copperman novel. It will be fol

An Asperger’s Mystery (5 books)
  • The Question of the Missing Head (An Asperger’s Mystery, #1)
  • The Question of the Felonious Friend (An Asperger’s Mystery, #3)
  • The Question of the Absentee Father (An Asperger’s Mystery #4)
  • The Question of the Dead Mistress