Start by marking “No Conventional Miss” as Want to Read:
No Conventional Miss

No Conventional Miss

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
She's always been different…

Amaryllis Gibson is an unlikely debutante. She favors fact over fashion, cares not for "proper" conversation and is haunted by ghostly visions which could land her in the madhouse! Marriage is definitely the last thing on Rilla's mind…

But when she's caught in a compromising position with Viscount Wyburn, suddenly she finds herself betrothed! A
Published October 1st 2015 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about No Conventional Miss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Conventional Miss

Loves A
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I got to read an advance copy and No Conventional Miss has changed my view of Harlequin Romance. It is witty, well-researched and emotionally gripping. It includes mention of the paranormal but in a totally believable way. No vampires or werewolves here!

I really enjoyed the dialogue. It was sharp and quick with some wonderful characters! I absolutely loved the hero's stepmom. I almost laughed out loud on several occasions.

I hope that Eleanor Webster will continue to write and I might even become
Lynn Spencer
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
B- at AAR, so 3.5 stars. think I've just found my fun read for Halloween. No Conventional Miss is a pleasant debut with just a touch of the supernatural to it. It's rough around the edges in a few spots, but still a very worthy read.

As the book opens, Amaryllis("Rilla") and Imogene Gibson have arrived in London for their debuts. An advantageous marriage would only help their family finances, and Imogene longs for an aristocrat to sweep her off her feet. Rilla is more practically inclined than he
Steph
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can see how getting visited by your fiance's deceased mother might be a bit unnerving.

Miss Amaryllis Gibson was only 9 when "it" happened, her first feeling. Tingles and darkness and fear making room for visions of dead people. But she couldn't have predicted that she'd be taken under the wing of Lady Wyburn, the stepmother of Paul Lindsey, Viscount Wyburn. Nor could she predict that a stolen kiss would end up with the two of them betrothed. Which is a problem, since she most definitely is be
Eileen Dandashi
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the thickening plot and writing style of this debut author. Her story is rich with well-rounded, flawed characters. The hero and heroine are lovable, however both are hot-tempered and sarcastic. There are stories within stories in this novel, giving the reader a most satisfying experience. It didn’t feel like the first published book of an author. I’m eager to see what books follow from her pen.

Rilla Gibson is an unusual, spirited woman. Her father, educated her in plants and animals. He
Barbara Rogers
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a signed copy of this book in a GoodReads giveaway. YAY me!!!! Eleanor Webster is a new writer to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book -- but wish it had been a little longer -- it ended before I was through with it.
By making it longer, some of the characters could have been fleshed out a little more.

The villain in the book didn't really get his comeuppance. So many of the books I read don't give the villain a just punishment. They are usually just threatened and scared off (as in this case).
Joan
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised with the likable characters in this book, the intelligent writing which stayed true to the time period, and the ease with which I was able to picture the scenes. The author has spun a tale which kept my attention from beginning to end.

There is a reality to the fears of the hero and heroine, and their struggle to deal with those fears, that one doesn't expect to find in a "romance" novel.

The title is very appropriate, and the cover, reflecting Rilla in her most elegant
Annie Burrows
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is Eleanor Webster's debut for Harlequin, and very accomplished it is too! The writing is at times really beautiful, and the rapport between the hero and heroine is both touching and believable.
It is also the perfect book to read at Hallowe'en if you like just a touch of spookiness mixed in with your historical romance.
Reading Fan!
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was very enjoyable. The heroine was unique but believable. She had a good blend of smarts and vulnerability. I liked the hero and enjoyed the affection he showed towards his stepmom. I loved that it wasn't the usual hostile relationship between step mom and son.

I agree with the earlier review. It is perhaps time to rethink Harlequin.
Xondra Day
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Really good historical romance with interesting characters, a great romance, and a non-predictable story-line. Not your standard category historical romance. This is the author's debut, and I look forward to reading the next book she releases.
Karine Darnessy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retour dans la romance historique avec cette petite histoire.
Nous suivons Amaryllis ou plutôt Rilla. Une jeune femme femme qui depuis toute petite et lorsque une situation s'y prête à des visions du passé ou d’événements qui se passent au moment de ses visions. Ce qui lui a permis de sauver une petite fille il y a quelques années, mais aussi d'être perçu comme quelqu'un de bizarre. les années passent et depuis presque un an Rilla n'a plus de visions, serait-ce enfin terminé cet état qui la laiss
Book Gannet
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The hero's an asshole and the paranormal elements were boring. Not conventional, no, but not great either.
Janice Preston
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed reading No Conventional Miss – a well-written Regency romance with a hint of the paranormal. In Rilla, the author has created an unusual but likeable heroine and Paul was a suitably swoony hero. I also enjoyed the character of Lady Wyburn. Satisfyingly ditzy, she had me laughing out loud on occasion. This is Eleanor Webster’s debut novel for Mills & Boon and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Deirdre
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
With a heroine haunted by ghosts and the fact of her aunt being consigned to a lunatic asylum and a hero haunted by his dead mother you have a complicated pair here, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters.

Suan Watts
When I started reading this I didn't think I was going to like it or not. The first few chapters seemed to race away and needed more "padding". After these chapters the story fell into normal a rhythm and was much better. By the end I was quite enjoying it.

I won this book on Goodreads.
Usagi Tsukino
Dec 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, m-f
Disappointed. I had high expectations from this book, because the synopsis was interesting and the paranormal bit was intriguing, too bad this book was not up to my expectations.
Crystal
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star, soft-copy
It was a really boring story. It was just so long! Not bad character. Everything was just so so.
Diane Clegg
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Harlequin 1 3 Aug 26, 2015 10:01AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Aug 07, 2015 06:18PM
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Her Enemy Highlander (Lovers and Legends, #2)
  • Unveiling Lady Clare (Knights of Champagne #2)
  • Want Ad Wife (Wild West Weddings #3)
  • Klosophy
  • The Truth About Lady Felkirk (The De Bryun Sisters #1)
  • Return of the Prodigal Gilvry (Gilvrys of Dunross, #4)
  • My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty, #3)
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • Untamed Rogue, Scandalous Mistress (Ramsden Brothers, #3)
  • By Royal Command
  • In Bed with the Duke
  • The Taming of the Rogue
  • Desiree (The Roselynde Chronicles, #7)
  • The Courtesan's Book of Secrets
  • The Wrong Cowboy
  • Defiant in the Viking's Bed (Victorious Vikings #3)
Eleanor Webster has a passion for many things, the most ardent likely being shoes.

But she’s also passionate about a story well told. With the help of some debutantes and viscounts and a twist of the unknown, Eleanor’s stories weave a tale of enchantment, hope, and most importantly, love.

When not writing, you’ll find Eleanor dreaming of being a world traveler, reading, running, reading, hiking in