Start by marking “Needing Her (The Kensingtons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Needing Her (The Kensingtons, #1)

Needing Her

(The Kensingtons #1)

Pearce Kensington. Age 25. Billionaire. Graduate of the Ivy League. Future CEO. Member of a powerful secret society.

His life is complicated. Dark. Lonely. Dangerous. So when he meets Rachel, a kind, sweet, beautiful grad student, he tells himself to stay away. He’s no good for her. And yet, she’s good for him. A ray of light in his very dark world.

She’s everything he’s eve
Published June 5th 2015 (first published June 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Needing Her, please sign up.
Allie Everhart Not sure yet. It will definitely be shorter than the Jade series. This series will skip ahead in time, ending sometime during the epilogue of Always…moreNot sure yet. It will definitely be shorter than the Jade series. This series will skip ahead in time, ending sometime during the epilogue of Always Us, but you do not have to read that series in order to read this one. The second Pearce book is written and will be out shortly. (less)

Hayley
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing!!!! Secret societies ... Murders... Secret relationships... Escorts... Farm girl... Loved it! Can't wait for more!!!
Allie Everhart
May 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Needing Her is book one of The Kensingtons, a romantic suspense series.

Although it features characters from The Jade Series, you do NOT have to read that series in order to read this one. The Kensingtons is a story that stands on its own, covering the complicated and dangerous life of billionaire Pearce Kensington, and his efforts to keep that life hidden from Rachel, the only woman he's ever loved.

If you read The Jade Series, this series will give you the part of the story that was never told
Megan
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was ok. That is all. I think Rachel is beyond naive and Pearce is such a child for not standing up to anyone at all about anything. Even when he did stand up to his dad it was meh. Like GROW A PAIR ALREADY! You're a billionaire. Change your identity, get facial reconstruction or something lol...just so you can leave your old life behind. I mean seriously, you're a billionaire you can buy some uncharted island and move you two there haha...
Sydney
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!! I loved reading this book and i cannot wait for more. You get to see a side of Pearce that you have never seen before and Rachel is perfect. Also, if you read the Jade Series, you will see the connection between Rachel and Garret. It sucks if you read the Jade series because you know how this ends and you are just waiting for the inevitable to happen. but overall i loved the book and can't wait for the next one.
❤Sana❤
description

This was not what I expected after reading that interesting blurb.

The story was good but there were too many details that made it kind of boring. I didn't feel any connection with the characters and I couldn't enjoy the book.
Emily
Pearce Kensington's life is planned out, not by his choice but the choice of a secret group he belongs to. He never had a choice, he was born into it. When he meets Rachel something awakens in the man who has had everything arranged down to who he can sleep with and what his role is.

Rachel is intrigued by Pearce, she doesn't have a lot of experience with the dating scene and doesn't even seem to realize her own beauty. Pearce knows the group will find out and stop what is happening, but he has
Saunders
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
DNF @ 20%
Rachel
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll give my review at the end of this series. So far so good!
Natisha
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!!

I wish Rachel never die. She is such a beautiful person. Will I think pearce father and mother are the most disturbing and disrespectful people. Pearcehad to deal with so much hurt and disrespect from his family, it felt so sad for him. He never had a voice. Wow. What can I say Allie Everhart did great job yet again.
Brittany Gutierrez
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall an okay read nothing to exciting. I mostly kept reading to find out how they would stay together which you down find out in this book
Carm
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was an interesting storyline but too boring... DNF at 50%.
So I ended up deciding continuing to finish reading the book 2 days after I gave up on it. I still only give 2 stars.
Misti
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Luthermilla Ecole
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another book that kept me awake during the night.
I loved it, specially how they were connected.
I felt their connection, it was never forced or anything, and I also loveeeed the fact that they succeed at been together, for me is extremely annoying when they spent the whole book apart or fighting for stupid reasons, but it never happened, and there is no cliffie either.

PS:. After meeting Pearce's father I will never ever complain about mine, and you shouldn't too.

I highly recommend it.
Sophie Forrester
Great story

I waited until I read all 4 books until reviewing them all. Think the double life story was brilliant. Could feel myself getting angry at the members several times! I recommend them all!! Was quite a few spelling errors but the story was that good I just didn’t care
Sian Davies
Meh

Very standard storyline, a bit boring and not particularly relatable characters. I won't be recommending this book. A bit disappointed
Skyla
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing!! so sweet...
Jacquelyn Smith
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I heart gripping series!!!
J
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
**I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways**

The moral of my review below is READ THE JADE SERIES FIRST!!!!!

This is a new author for me so I was very excited to win this book as it seemed right up my alley. However, (and this is a big however) I think listing it as "The Kensington's #1" is misleading. I think it should also list it as "Jade #9". I was halfway through the book before I realized the characters were the parents of the H in the 8 book Jade series. I found this out wh
Nahomi
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out the original @ Books & Swoons

4.5 stars out of 5 stars

Needing Her is such a great book! It was hard to down because I was sucked into the story from the first page. Pearce and Rachel are such great characters; they are complex and compliment each other in a beautiful way. I am so excited for this series, and can't wait to see how Rachel and Pearce's story unfolds!! So, if you haven't read the Jade series please stop reading here. This is a great story and I don't want to spoil it f
Angi Naerebout
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was insane to read this. After the whole series with Jade and Garret it was so strange to read about Pearce when he met Rachel. It was also very hard knowing in advance what happens. But the hardest part for me to reconcile was this Pearce and the one in the first Jade book. The similarities between he and Garret were hugely this, but the similarities between he and Harlon were awful. But it really shows why he was/is the way he was/is.

Anyhow, if you haven't read the Jade series, I think I w
Courtney
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 -- This book definitly intrigued me. I'm not sure I really loved the style of writing. Even though some of the other reviews I read didn't really like the whole billionaire secret society thing, I actually liked that part. Pierce was way to stiff for me, I mean I understand he had a different upbringing but sometimes it was so boring just reading his parts in the book. Rachel was just OK. I mean she wasn't this amazing charactor but I didn't dislike her. Although I wanted to keep reading thi ...more
Bonnie
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing. Incredibly beautiful. By far truly one of the best books I've read for the year thus far.

It was easy to fall in love with Pearce & Rachel's story. I loved the drama, the suspense and the intrigue of it all. Truly can't wait to see how it plays out for them. Will Pearce ever be able to be 100% honest with Rachel? How will she react when she finds out about that other side of him? Can someone live both sides of themselves separately without the two ever intersecting? These
Izzie d
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Read the Jade series first. i really wanted to enjoy this book, i don't know if my expectation was too high but i can't quite put my finger on whats wrong.

Some parts are incredibly funny and sensitive but its written from POV, Pearce and Rachel.

You spend a lot of time in their heads which is good because we need that with Pearce but i found it a little repetitive when we changed POV.

Plenty of background is given, the organisation, Royce, Rachel's past and family. Knowing how it ends or how
S
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind-blowing
Wow! Finished in one day like always! I loooove Jade series and i was really sad when i read the last book. Their story was phenomenal, different, real. But when i found out u are releasing Pearce's book? Wow! Couldn't wait to read them, he is a good man, just forced to do what he was obliged to. Their story is as lovely & one of a kind as Garrett's & Jade's! Im so inlove with his story as well!! Cnt wait to read the 2nd book!! Pls release it sooooonest!
Nicole German
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexyless...

A really good and well written story. Secret society, secret love, tyrant father, overprotective and controlling mother, insensitive ex-boyfriends, questionable friends/neighbors... Wow all in book one. It would've been a five, but the sexy times left A LOT to be desired... they could've been left out all together.
Juany
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Characters well developed and original story line that kept me guessing what would happen next. No cliffy but leaves you wondering what's next for Rachel and Kensington. No smutty sex scenes.
Patti Ashley
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Flat

The characters in this book are so flat and dull I swear I can hear them talking in monotone. The secret businessmen who run the world are not very interesting or very powerful.
book junkie
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it
DNF I wasn't able to finish this book I just could not seem to get into this story which I hated because I love Allies books but this one just didn't do it for me !! I'm hoping I will finish in the future and be able to change my review
Juli
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

I love the Jade series and now I love The Kensingtons!! I love the chance to read Pierce and Rachel's story! Pierce just breaks my heart because of the way his parents are! Rachel and Pierce have such a perfect love! I am anticipating the next book!
Angelfall You
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book. She was incredibly good ! Kensingtons Its now one of my favorite billionaire . I look forward to the second part and I hope that Rachal, and Pearce will be happy ... I cant wait to read what his father would do....

• Her Spy to Have (Spy Games, #1)
  • Blind Retribution
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Protect Me (Rivers Edge, #4)
  • Endless Fate (Fate for Love, #3)
  • Her Unexpected Detour (Checkerberry Inn, #1)
  • The Man Behind the Mask
  • The Start of Something Good (Jamett & Joseph, #1)
  • 33 Valentines
  • Pieces of Me
  • Catch Him If You Can
  • The Promise
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Letters from Home (Love Beyond Reason, #1)
  • Take A Chance (Running Into Love, #1)
  • The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Too Hard to Resist (Wherever You Go, #3)
Allie Everhart has published twenty-six novels and is the author of the bestselling Jade Series. Allie tells stories about love, often with a twist of mystery and suspense. She loves writing for hours on end, reading in the wee hours of the morning, drinking strong coffee, sipping bourbon, and sitting outside on a sunny day coming up with story ideas.

Find her online at

News

The Kensingtons (4 books)
  • Keeping Her (The Kensingtons, #2)
  • Protecting Her (The Kensingtons #3)
  • Only Her (The Kensingtons, #4)