Start by marking “Chasing Down the NIght” as Want to Read:
Chasing Down the NIght

Chasing Down the NIght

One might be excused for assuming that an idyllic life unfolds for those who have chosen to live and work near the shores of Crater Lake. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Long-time resident, Izzy Montgomery juggles the stress of a new job with her burgeoning home life. Family dynamics go into overdrive when Alexander and Cynthia launch plans to build a home nearby a
ebook
Published April 28th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Down the NIght, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Down the NIght

Start your review of Chasing Down the NIght
Cathy Ryan
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Izzy’s working life has changed and, she feels, not always for the better. She has taken over the job of Director at Micah Camp after Roland, the previous director, and his new love Jillian decided to go travelling, and is finding it quite stressful. She’s dealing with the repercussions of a large one-off donation to the Camp, the allocation of which includes expansion plans and all that entails. An accident in the kitchen means looking for a new Cook, coupled with the arrival of the incoming re ...more
Angela Bigler
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was very happy to return to Crater Lake! I'd missed both the cast of characters and the gorgeous setting. Francis's writing keeps me engaged as she moves from story to story and I love that she offers a close window into the struggles and thoughts of each character. Her background in counseling and psychology brings a depth to the personal struggles of the characters and she always offers multiple perspectives to the challenges they face. Chasing Down the Night brings some new and interesting ...more
May
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

These characters are beginning to feel like family, and as such, I want more of them with all their complexities and frustrations coupled with their obvious personal growth and escapades along the way. I worry about them at times and feel joy when all goes right for them. There is one young man I would like to shake regarding his actions and choices...but I have a feeling all will be changing in book four.
Shirley Steiniger
Loved the series that this book was a part of. Hope to see book 4 in this series soon! Have to know what happened to Justin, Lisa-Marie and Robbie. There are so many scenarios going through my head about this book that I can't stop thinking about all the characters!
Author really nailed it on so many true life scenarios.
Sherry Svec
Enjoyed the first two books of the series more, there was so much more description of the environment of Crater Lake, the beautiful views, etc. This book added some more characters and seemed to be more of a romance novel than the others. Got to a point when a name would come up, I'd have to wrack my brain to think of who it was. I've never been a fan of unrequited love stories, all the way back to The Thornbirds. The Lisa Marie and Justin story is getting old.
Anne Egbert
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This group of people living in a small settlement on the banks of Crater Lake on Vancouver Island continue to grow, change, realign, and connect in ever changing and interesting ways. I am already on to book 4 and hoping book 5 appears soon.
Monica Sarff
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Enjoyed the characters stories . Setting was amazingly descriptive. Loved the new characters. Am hoping there will be a 4th book as some storylines are left only to the readers imagination.
Duenise L
May 19, 2016
Janice E Deppen
rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2017
Linda Flood
Jun 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I want to leave a review! But how, where? 1 3 May 19, 2015 09:10PM

• Hubris (DI Munro & DS West #11)
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
  • Blindside (Michael Bennett, #12)
  • The Secret Admirer (Detective Natalie Ward #6)
  • Flowers on Her Grave (Detective Katie Scott, #3)
  • Kitty Genovese: A True Account of a Public Murder and Its Private Consequences
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
  • Nell and Lady
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn #8)
  • We Were Brave
  • Poison on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin Mystery Book 7)
  • Don't Turn Back (DS Karen Hart, #3)
  • Christmas at O'Mara's (The Guesthouse on the Green #4)
  • Shadow Rising (Lacy Merrick Thriller #2)
  • First Target (Lacy Merrick Thriller #3)
  • To Everything A Season
  • Ghost Nation (Lacy Merrick Thriller #4)
  • Rising Tide (Lantern Beach Blackout #4)
Hi – my name is Fran Guenette and I’m a writer! You can check out my author's facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/franci...

I live in a small, off-the-grid cabin in a remote location, right beside a lake. My husband, Bruce and our elderly dog, Lawson keep me company.

Can you imagine a better setting for a writer? I can’t.

We have an alternate power system for our home –a combinatio

News & Interviews