Start by marking “Rebel Seed” as Want to Read:
Rebel Seed

Rebel Seed

A beautiful child is born into a family that idolizes him from the cradle. Adoration is fed to him from a silver spoon and nothing is too much for the golden (wash belly) boy. Nurtured by manifestly counter-productive adulation Marcus morphs into a monster child. He becomes manipulative and controlling - everything must go his way - or no way.

The monster child matures into
Published (first published July 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Seed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Seed

Start your review of Rebel Seed
Eugenie
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: own
Sorry to seem biased but I really do like this story, although I wrote it :-]
Angel Gelique
Such an uplifting story!

Rebel Seed tells the story of Marcus Allen, the "wash belly" baby (a Jamaican term meaning the last child born) of a good, respectable family. As the youngest, he is spoiled and always gets his way. But the lenience and coddling he receives during childhood work to his detriment as he grows into an out-of-control, selfish, manipulative man.

Marcus enters the seedy world of drugs, gangsters and crime, turning his back on those who love him. His life descends further into d
John Nicholl
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed 'Washed' when I read it some months ago, and I was keen to read 'Rebel Seed' as soon as I saw it was available. It's a very different book, but no less well written or entertaining. I'm very happy to recommend this author's work and will look forward to reading whatever she writes next.
Maree Repa
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was asked to to give an honest review to write an ARC for this book from the author

Such an amazing book. So well written. I found Rebel Seed very hard to put down. After Marcus Michael Allen was born, he grew up with such a beautiful family. So well loved by his older brother and sister and so devoted by his parents.

When he gets older defying his loved ones he becomes manipulating his parents he become uncontrollable and pushing things
to the limit. Soon Marcus is completely uncontrollable, to
Dustin
May 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: christian
Joan Cox
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The more I read Rebel Seed, the more I enjoyed it. And the moral of the story was…. sometimes it takes an ever-increasing downward spiral in a wasted life before someone finally gets the point of their learning experiences.
It took a lonely place of sorrow, where Marcus knew there is no other way of escape, that brought him to repentance.
When he faced the truth about his wasted life, and seen his need for a great change, that’s when he came to confess his many sins and ask Jesus for forgiveness.
Dean
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got this book as an exchange for a review as part of a Christian reading group. This is not ususaly the type of book I would read, but I must admit that I was impressed.
I like to generalize a review as to not give away too many plot details. The author did a good job of writing a credible way of bringing the main character to redemption. What made the book stand out was that it showed how one's negative actions can have a ripple effect not only on the people directly involved with the main cha
Joel Thimell
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
"Rebel Seed" was a very difficult book for me to read. The main character had zero likability; his countless "victims" seemed unbelievably foolish, at best; and the urban slum setting was overwhelmingly grim and depressing. Not at all a pleasure book.

But I was powerfully convicted while reading the book. I found myself in the role of the elder brother in the Parable of the Prodigal Son. I was rooting for the main character to get caught and punished, when I should have been praying for his safe
Brett Armstrong
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly, when I started Rebel Seed, I wasn't sure how I would feel about it. The book starts with a brief intro in the voice of the protagonist, Marcus, and I got the impression it might be story with an anti-hero and unreliable narrator. Given the back cover summary that really interested me. But, the prologue was the only part of the book in the main character's voice and from the beginning I was unsure how I would feel about the novel's narrative style. It felt like things were being summ ...more
Parker Cole
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly, although I like the overall message of this book, I just had a hard time dealing with the drama of the characters. I didn't like Marcus at all and even when his transformation happens, it was more so, eh. Kudos to Mitchell for giving me a character I thoroughly disliked but that's the point so it's not a bad thing.

Overall, the book was good with a heartfelt message.
Anna Meyer
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
At first, I didn't like it. I didn't like Marcus and his extremely bad choices, and I didn't like how he was raised to end up that way. But I kept reading. I wanted to yell at Marcus and slap him silly. And then, when I was about halfway through the book, and thought that everyone was gonna die, Marcus was saved. It was a beautiful moment to read about, and I rooted for him and for everything to turn out well until the very end. I give this book a 4/5 rating because while it was not my favorite ...more
Kevin Marsh
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this book an interesting read because it took me into a world that is completely alien to mine. The characters are appealing and strong and I was able to sympathise with their thoughts and the different aspects of their lives. The author cleverly took me on a journey into places that I would never go and introduced me to subjects that I would never consider.
All round, I enjoyed reading 'Rebel Seed'.
Ruby Mae O'Dell
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Great Story! But a bit confusing at first. But the overall story is great.

The story grips your attention right from the introduction pages, which was a plus. But once it started deeper into the story I got a little confused. I struggled for a bit trying to separate the characters from the drugs and people. The author's description and reference to drugs are in terms that make the reader think they are reading about a character rather than a substance.

After I got the confusion taken care of the
Deb Brammer
Nov 21, 2018
Dee
Jul 07, 2015
Eugenie
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Magain Rumalean
Feb 22, 2016
Author Eugenie La...: "Rebel Seed" Corner 1 3 Feb 15, 2019 11:48AM
Kindle Deals: New Release 1 3 Aug 14, 2015 07:40AM
Book Promotions: Pre Release Special Price Offer 1 3 Aug 01, 2015 12:53PM
Contemporary Chri...: £0.99 p / $1.55 c Limited Period Offer 1 5 Aug 01, 2015 12:31PM
Eugenie Laverne Mitchell writes from the heart. The tales she skilfully weaves spring from a fertile imagination but are coloured by some vaguely similar life observations. She was motivated to start writing, in order to convey messages of hope, grace, truth and love with the aim that her work will in some way be a positive influence upon readers.

A born Storyteller, as a child her creative outlet