Start by marking “Ellis Flynn (The DCI Jones Casebook #3)” as Want to Read:
Ellis Flynn (The DCI Jones Casebook #3)

Ellis Flynn

(DCI Jones Casebook #3)

An empathetic detective and his Swedish-born colleague hunt for the abductors of a teenage schoolgirla police procedural set in England and France.

When fourteen-year-old Hollie Jardine fails to return home from school, her terrified parents call the police.

It doesnt take veteran detective, DCI David Jones, head of the Midlands Police Serious Crime Unit, long to discover
Published April 26th 2015 by Human Vertex Publications (first published November 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ellis Flynn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ellis Flynn

Start your review of Ellis Flynn (The DCI Jones Casebook #3)
Sophie Bristow Harris
I discovered this author quite by chance whilst mooching on line, I am so glad I didn't miss this excellent thriller!

I'd like to begin by thanking the author, Kerry Donovan, for granting me a copy of his first full length novel in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Ellis Flynn was a mean and despicable character and I despised him right from the word go! The author has a great knack of building his characters up and either making the reader love them, or hate them.

The main character, DCI
James Tritten
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is must reading for anyone with a teenage daughter. At least the first few chapters should be required reading. A fathers worst fears are the central theme behind the opening of this riveting thriller set in England and rural Brittany. Hollie Jardine, the nubile blond 14-year old Hottie, gets kidnapped by one of the most despicable villains to have graced the pages of fiction since Hannibal Lecter. The police, represented by a fiftyish Detective Chief Inspector David Jones, charges off ...more
Jo Jenner
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy your detective dramas fast paced this is the book for you.
When Hollie is abducted she is lucky that DCI David Jones is on hand to search for her. The search leads him and his Swedish DC Alex Olganski to Brittany. What they discover there is enough to turn the stomach of even the hardiest of policemen.
So the case is solved, or is it? Not quite and the pace keeps going right through to the end. The chase is on to save a life and catch a serial killer.
I read this 320 page novel in
Sheri
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The DCI Jones Casebook: Ellis Flynn by Kerry J. Donovan

Set in England and France, DCI David Jones and his partner Alex Olganski are on a case to find a missing girl Hollie Jardine. It becomes a race against the clock as Jones and Alex go to France to find her. What they discover in France is horrifying and unspeakable. DCI Jones has to face many challenges and puts his life on the line to save Hollie.

DCI Jones, is a unique individual, but very likable. Alex is a devoted Swedish woman. She is
C.N.
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
The DCI Jones Casebook: Ellis Flynn: 2 is not a book to be read in the evening unless one wishes to spend most of the night completing a thrilling story. This was a book I could not put down. It held my attention not just for the compelling storyline, but the well-rounded characters.

David Jones, the cop, is a man with a past that seems to exclude him from relationships other than with his colleagues and their families. He is married to his job and shows disgust at those who are only marking
PelicanFreak
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A teenager goes missing and the cop most anxious to find her does not have children of his own; a refreshing change from the usual (people relating to cases for selfish reasons). I remember the investigators on this case from DCI Jones: Ramond Francis Collins but get to know some of them a bit better from reading on. The more I read, the more I enjoy this group of characters. Combine an investigator possessing flawless instinct with another who has an eidetic memory and things move quickly.

As
R.L.
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well-done who-done-it/police procedural/phychological suspense, October 20, 2014

I loved the DCI Jones Casebook that came before this one but this one is a clear knockout by itself. I couldn't put it down. I think I read it in one day. I'm not that fast as a reader but I just did not stop. This was great. Ellis Flynn was well-drawn and frightful. But the guy who was behind Ellis was even worse. The fact that he had the money to create this network of monsters, well, I can't tell you how well-done
Georgiann Hennelly
I received a copy for free in exchange for an honest review.
The story is set in England and France. Dci David Jones and Alex Olganski his partner are on a case to find Hollie Jordine a missing Girl. It is a race against the clock as they go to France to find her. What they find in France is unspeakable and horrifying. DCI Jones must put his own life on the line and face many challenges to save Hollie. A well written story , the drama is very intense. A very suspenseful story that kept me reading
Karen Long
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carefully constructed plot, thoughtful central character and romping good pace....

I really enjoyed this book. It has a retro feel, which I loved. DCI Jones has the world weary quality of Morse and his maverick approach to crime solving kept me page turning to the end. Donovan creates authentic characters and isn't frightened to ramp up the tension, keeping the reader on the edge of her seat.

Recommended!
Pammy
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book from the author as a gift. You want suspense??? This is the book for you...from the first page the story grabs you and drags you along on a road to suspense!!! Could not put it down and loved the characters. DCI David Jones is a very interesting character and I was impressed on how intense he was to capture the kidnappers and save Hollie and other girls from the deprivity of them. A must read...enjoy!!!
Ike
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written. An entertaining read. I recommend it for any fan of British Mysteries.
Dave
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This British police procedural features a likeable detective, David Jones, and his crew, ranging from excellent to detestable. The villain was an evil child abductor/killer who had cleverly avoided the police for years. The plot was skillfully woven to follow DCI Jones' attempts to stop the killings and catch the bad guy. Jones is an experienced and sympathetic protagonist and we want him to succeed. This is the 2nd DCI Jones book I've read and I would very much like to read the other two in the ...more
Joy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Mr Donovan's writing and wait anxiously for the next book
Patricia Ferreira
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good book. I had a great time reading it.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited {some not all} film noir detective thriller, think Donovan invented a new sub-genre. Johnny Swift and Lucky Shores different than the DCI ones.

The DCI Jones Casebook Box Set: Books 1-3 in the Casebook Series not ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Sean Freeman not ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Raymond Collins free
The DCI Jones Casebook: Ellis Flynn ku
The DCI Jones Casebook: Cryer's View ku

On Lucky Shores: A Chet Walker Adventure ku

The Transition of Johnny Swift ku

look at amazon writer page
Cathy Ryan
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent instalment in the DCI Jones Casebook series. When young Hollie Jardine goes missing DCI David Jones, head of the Midlands Police Serious Crime Unit, is on the case along with his partner DC Alexandra Olganski. Jones is near to retirement, but his determination to find Hollie is absolute, although he finds missing child cases very difficult. His friend and colleague, Phil Cryer, has a daughter who could look just like Hollie when she reached her teens and that makes the case hit ...more
Terry Tyler
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Reviewed by me as a member of Rosie Amber's Review Team
I've read a couple of this author's other books, and still like On Lucky Shores best, which I recommend highly. This one is a standard sort of British detective crime thriller, generally well planned out. I liked the plot itself, and thought the baddies were suitably horrible, very convincing. From what I can see, Mr Donovan certainly knows his stuff about police procedures, no problems there. Some reviews say the plot is a bit far-fetched,
Marti
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chief Inspector Jones is back, along with his attractive (and gay) female partner, a very competent chick from Sweden, who totally has his back.DCI. Jones, a somewhat OCD kind of guy (think Monk lite), picks up another case, and this one is pretty eeeuuuuie.

A young teen, 13 years old, goes missing, but in searching her belongings, her parents find her passport is missing. So did she run away, or was she abducted?

This is not a mystery, per se, because we know right from the beginning who dunnit
Emilie
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The gore didn't bother me as much with this one as with #2 in the series. I didn't feel like there was as much of it, or more was implied than described. It's still not for the weak of stomach. Police procedurals are not my preferred type of mystery, and I don't really care for getting the viewpoint of the evil-doers, though some mystery readers like that. For people who like police procedurals, I would highly recommend it. Though it's not really my kind of thing, it's well-written.
lesley Benrimoj
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DCI Jones ....a proper cop

Am reading all novels in the casebook series. I have to say, they are books I never want to end.
Great characters, twisted p!ots, violence and real bad guys. What more could you ask for??
Rita B
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good read. Glad Kerry held back some details so it did not get super graphic.
Pam
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another brilliant book by a brilliant author, so believable, with a story you just can't put down, its now onto Kerry J. Donovan next book in this series :)
Mary Murphy
Feb 14, 2014
June Travers
May 19, 2019
Jane Ross
rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2015
Loren Langford
Feb 08, 2017
Angela O'Connor
Dec 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Soul to Steal (The Sanheim Chronicles, #1)
  • Deadly Lies
  • Mr. Midnight (Midnight, #1)
  • Eyes On You
  • The Tegen Cave (Tegens, #1)
  • Angels Cry (The Spark Before Dying #2)
  • Kane: Blood Moon (A Kane Novel Book 6)
  • Facing the Past
  • The Imposter (Alexandra Destephano, #2)
  • Dead and Gone
  • Games of Guilt (Hidden Guilt #3)
  • Maximum Guilt (Hidden Guilt #2)
  • Chained Guilt (Hidden Guilt, #1)
  • Relic (Uncommon Enemies #2)
  • The Gamma Sequence (The Gamma Sequence #1)
  • Trance (Alex Madison #1)
  • Murder on the Old Bog Road
  • Identity Theft: A Kenny Elliot Mystery
#1 Amazon bestselling author with the US-based Lucky Shores thriller series and the Ryan Kaine's 83 action thrillers, and creator of the popular DCI Jones Casebook series of crime novels, Kerry J Donovan was born in Dublin.

A citizen of the world, he currently lives in a stone cottage in the heart of rural Brittany, which he took five years to renovate with his own gnarled and calloused hands. The

DCI Jones Casebook (4 books)
  • Sean Freeman (The DCI Jones Casebook #1)
  • Raymond Collins (The DCI Jones Casebook #2)
  • Cryer's View (The DCI Jones Casebook #4)