Start by marking “Unearthed After Sunset (Cereus Vampire Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Unearthed After Sunset (Cereus Vampire Chronicles #1)

Unearthed After Sunset (Cereus Vampire Chronicles #1)

When Greg Erickson is killed by sultry and seductive vampire Lila, he wakes up cold and alone in a wooden box. After clawing his way out he finds himself thrust into a vampire turf war, unsure of exactly what hes fighting for. Greg discovers that its not easy to be human one day and hunting humans the next, and while his new vampire cohorts try to get him to accept his ...more
Published October 15th 2017 by Crimson Thistle

To ask other readers questions about Unearthed After Sunset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unearthed After Sunset

Start your review of Unearthed After Sunset (Cereus Vampire Chronicles #1)
Monique
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A surprising gem!

I really enjoyed this book and how the story developed. Im a sucker for a storyline with characters undergoing tremendous personal growth and this book had that. It was an exciting read with a different approach to the whole vampire-and-vampire-hunter trope. I cant wait to find out what happens next with Care and Archer!
Lisa Barry
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book reminded me of some of the old Buffy TV shows. It definitely has a YA feel to it. There were times when I could not put the book down and was flipping the pages quickly to follow what was happening and other times, during soul searching or internal monologue, where I skimmed through the text to get to more excitement. It was a good story and had some nice plot twists and a sweet ending.

This book was given to me as part of a book review program.
Indie Wish List
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-2017
Review featured on: indiewishlist.wixsite.com/blog/

In most vampire stories I have read, the victim of vampirism loathes who they have become. In Unearthed After Sunset, that may be the case for the first few hours, but Greg/Archie/Archer, the male protagonist, quickly accepts his new life, killing humans and all. Its actually cool to be in the mind of a killer without remorse. Archer does have his moments when he questions his actions. For the most part, though, he accepts and knows this is his
Nancy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a gift for a fair and honest review

This was an excellent book and I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an excellent read. I looking forward to reading more of this author's work.
Adam Alexander
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dumped boy meets fun girl in bar. They share a moment. Boy gets turned into a vampire, girl turns out to be a vampire hunter. Complications ensue....

So begin the adventures of Greg and Caroline, the protagonists of Lauryn April's new vampire novel Unearthed After Sunset . Writing a vampire novel is a bit like singing the blues. There are basically only 12 notes to the blues: add a thirteenth and you have something different. Similarly, vampires in vampire novels have to be, well, vampires. You
Tiffany Jones
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM GOODREADS IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW.**

After Greg Erickson is killed by a vampire, Lila, he wakes up cold and alone in a casket. He claws his way out of the grave only to find himself in the middle of a vampire turf war, unsure of whats going on or the reasons why theyre fighting. Hes also having a difficult time going from being a person to
Katya de Becerra
I enjoyed this freshly voiced vampire romp of a book.
Great for the fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Anne Rice!
Looking forward for the next installment in the series.
Cornelia
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-sf
*** copy received in exchange for an honest review ***

We follow Greg a sympathetic loser. He had a very rough day: his lies caught up with him and his girlfriend just dumped him. He goes to a bar to drink his misery.
There he meets a pretty girl: Caroline.
they hit it off but she needs to go so they leave it to fate.
well they actually meet again the same night...in a cemetery... She is a Vampire Slayer well a Hunter.
He should have heed her advice and left, because the next thing he knows a
Jess (the cozy reader)
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whats going to happen with Caroline and Archer! I need book two!! ...more
Lucinda Elliot
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who like well written vampire stories
Ive been looking forward to Lauryn Aprils new series and the first of The Cereus Vampire Chronicles, was anything but a disappointment. In fact, I the writing is better than ever. There is increasing and impressive strength and flow to the style.

We first met the male lead, Greg Erikson, aged twenty-three and something of a drifter, in a bar where he has headed after a series of bathetic misfortunes:

Id failed the summer class I needed to graduate, lost my internship at Douglass and Smith
Claire Davis
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given Unearthed After Sunset by Lauryn April five out of five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Holy smokes! An excellent read! I really enjoyed this book!I'm not entirely sure where I should start with this review but I'm going to start by saying that I was utterly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book!
One of my favourite layouts of a book is when you get to read from two different perspectives, in this book you get to read from Greg (Archer)'s and
Reonie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Unearthed After Sunset is definitively a vampire novel. I was expecting the typical angst filled romance, but instead this is a story about coming to terms with being a vampire. More psychological than you would expect, but not with much.

It is story of Greg who is struggling to coupe with his new vampire life and dealing with what is left of his humanity. They are also adjusting with being in the vampire hierarchy and the morality shift that comes with being an apex predator.

On the other side of
Karen Voitik
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
>Book Review Unearthed After Sunset
>This book is the 1st in the Cereus Vampire Chronicles and ends in a cliffhanger. Greg is a 20 something who has pretty much lost everything his girlfriend, job and internship. At a bar, he is attracted to Caroline. She gives him her phone number, but before he can call her he is attacked and turned into a vampire. I liked how he tries to rationalize the killing he must do to survive. Thoughts of Caroline are the only thing tying him to his last thread
Melanie S
Coming of age in the afterlife

Unearthed After Sunset is writer Lauryn April's unique perspective on "coming of age" as a vampire. Twenty-something Greg fails crucial college courses, loses his career-launching internship, his part-time paid job, and his girlfriend. He meets Caroline, and the spark of attraction and hope flares - only to find out she's some freaky vampire-killer paranormal warrior chick! Then he is killed, and turned, by wild vampire Lila. His only connection to his former
LGandT
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
I thought at first it was going to be just another Twilight, honestly it kept that pace for a bit but then something changed and it turned out to be a really good story

See full review here
Feb 02, 2015
Rachael Costello
Mar 17, 2015
Lauryn April
Apr 30, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Hayley Elliott
Syndi Day
Gazmend Kryeziu
Angela
Oct 26, 2017

• Blessing of Luna (Wolfgods. #1)
  • Factor Man
  • His to Defend: A Mafia Romance
  • It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In
  • Murder in Montague Falls: Noir-Inspired Novellas by Russ Colchamiro, Sawney Hatton & Patrick Thomas
  • Blood Runs Cold
  • Tell Me Why
  • Lucid World
  • Maroonhair: A Cyber-City Story
  • The Colour of the Sun
Lauryn is a YA/NA Paranormal Romance writer from Wisconsin. She has a BA in Psychology and when she's not writing works with kids with special needs. Her debut novel "Into the Deep" explores the intricacies of the adolescent mind and what it means to feel alone.

You can find out more about her on her blog where she writes about her experiences writing and shares her opinion about books.

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...