Start by marking “Kilted For Pleasure (Under the Kilt, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kilted For Pleasure (Under the Kilt, #3)

Kilted For Pleasure

(Under the Kilt #3)

Callan Baird used to laugh more than he frowned, but that was before his wife died. Now his life is duty, debts and a general apathy for anything else. And then Victoria Burke burst into his life. She's everything he wants to corrupt.

Victoria has two choices: agree to a grouchy, sexy Scotsman's extortion or call her boss to explain why she can't do her job. Since she's
Paperback
Published (first published March 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Kilted For Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kilted For Pleasure

Start your review of Kilted For Pleasure (Under the Kilt, #3)
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Victoria is desperate to salvage her reputation after taking the blame for a career killing mistake. She isn't willing to allow a gruff and rude man stand in her way of redemption. Callan wants to be left alone so that he can earn the money that will help settle the bulk of the debt that weighs on him. It's always fun to see the surly men brought around and Callan doesn't give in without taking more than his due when he finally agrees to cooperate with Victoria.

Victoria and Callan, although
MARQUETTA
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

Who doesn't love a grouchy hero? And a heroine who calls him on his crap? Loved Victoria and Callan. Very sexy. Very hot.
Doris Mahala
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Callan Baird is a widower who is still hurting after 2 years of his wife's passing.
Victoria Burk is an appraiser of antiques who has been burnt by a past employer.
The Baird is Callan's uncle who is a 50+ divorcee who needs a caretaker.
Callan thinks that Victoria is the right woman.
The one conflict that must be avoided is a personal attachment.
The Baird sees things that Victoria and Callan are too blind to see until it is almost too late for him.
The Baird buys tickets to take Victoria to see
Courtney
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Blue

I should start this by stating that I am fan of all things Scottish! Braveheart, Outlander, Gerard Butler....I digress. I have read the other books of this series and loved them. But I LOVE this particular book. The setting is Scotland and from the first pages you I felt that I was right there sitting on a fence watching the story play out on a damp, rainy, chilly day. I like when the characters in a book verbally spar through sarcasm. The chemistry is amazing ( I certainly re-read
Camylle
My favorite of the series! I absolutely could relate to Victoria! Loved it.

Victoria works for Ian and Tristan Baird, who we meet in the previous books. She has come to Scotland to get the MacDougal castle in order and to do that she must deal with their cousin. The brooding and rude but AMAZING with his hands Callan Baird, cousin to Ian and Tristan.

Against Ian's company non-fraternization rule they start to bump uglies. Callan unfortunately is still mourning his wife which makes things a little
Tina Young
Perfect Continuation to This Exciting and Intriguing Series...

Callan and Victoria's story had me hooked from beginning to end. Dayum, I swear I could picture Callan in a kilt, lol. I love that Victoria forced him to realize that it's okay to live when you feel that you don't deserve to. I absolutely loved the Baird and the opportunity to get to know Ian and Tristan father on the real. Character Chemistry, as always with Melissa Blue, was on point and oozed from the pages. Great job of writing
Deena
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I was going through my timeline on Facebook on Tuesday and saw that this book had been released. I've enjoyed the series so far, so I thought, why not? Cute story! Poor Callan never stood a chance against Victoria...and vice versa. She was just what he needed to get himself together and move on, despite his grief.

Loved the Baird! He was a real character. It was nice to see Ian and Tristan in this one, although I really wish we could have seen them with their partners.

Looking forward to the
Robin
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay, a book about a modern day Scot! I was beginning to think they only existed in history and historical fiction. I was expecting fun and flirty and, maybe, a little filthy. I got all of that AND MORE. I also got fantastic and feels. I loved both the hero AND heroine, which is rare for me. This was a great book that made me immediately go back and buy the first two in the series and start reading. Melissa Blue hijacked my entire weekend, which was alright with me.
Myisha
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Blue has done it again in Kilted for pleasure. Victoria & Jacob story was fantastic. I just love a strong heroine and Victoria is definitely that, she doesn't take any crap from Jacob (Mr. Brooding) and I loved her relationship with The Baird. I felt so sad for Jacob the way he lost the love of his life but was happy he got a second chance at happiness.
Elizabeth Williams
Man there's one thing this lady is a sucker for is a sexy brogue. I absolutely can say enough good things about this book, so I'll just say one thing, it was a great read!
Romance Novels in Color
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fall in love with Scotland! And while you’re at it, fall in love with Callan Baird. The hero in Melissa Blue’s contemporary romance, “Kilted For Pleasure,” is smoking hot both physically and emotionally. This book is the third in Blue’s “Under The Kilt” series. In this story Victoria Burke is sent to Scotland to get repairs done on some important artifacts for her boss, Ian Baird (from book 1 in Blue’s series). Enter master craftsman, Callan Baird. He is everything Victoria Burke didn’t know she ...more
Tania
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was fairly well written. I got interested in the story pretty much immediately. Some of the sex scenes were hard to visualize. The female lead is sassy, which I like. All in all, I would read other books by this author.
Liz James
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Felicia Grossman
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. I adored the story, I thought the chemistry between Callan and Victoria was amazing, and Douglas made an excellent side character. What really hooked me with Callan's emotional journey letting go of his wife's death and understanding that loving someone else wouldn't erase her memory and what they had together. The idea that what he and Victoria could have would be new and different was so lovely as well was the idea that they'd each always have baggage but building a ...more
Celeste
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Callan and Victoria, true torment romance

O my gospel. Reading about Callan and Victoria you felt the agony. You felt the turning point. You new the rollercoaster they were on would have unforeseen consequences. You knew that in order for it to work Callan would need to release his internal demons and Victoria had to stop anticipating the worst.
Tanue Bryant
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

After reading the first one immediately purchased the whole series, I don't purchase many just the kindle unlimited ones. Money well spent. Not to long not too short. Well written with delightful characters. Well done!
Kay
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
It was a good story but a little more romance than I expected. Will read rest in the three I got and will have to see where it goes from there. Very good character development. Some unexpected twists.
Maida
Five kilted stars. Wonderful relationship building. Fell in love with both Victoria and Callan. And the Baird, Douglass. Just visited Scotland last week and loved it there. Obviously, Melissa Blue did, too.
E.
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

“Kilted for Pleasure” by Melissa Blue is a contemporary romance set in Scotland which centers on Victoria Burke and Callan Baird who share a complicated work relationship. Victoria has been sent to Scotland to appraise and ship rare antiques but her job is complicated by the cantankerous but sexy man who bargains his restoration services for her attentions. The risk in flouting her employer’s non-fraternization rules is outweighed by the sizzling connection they make despite the fact
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Goddess Fish Promotions in return for a fair and honest review.

This is the third book in the series although I haven't read any of the other books. This in no way affected my enjoyment and pleasure of this book.

The main female in this book has made a HUGE error of judgment which endly badly, very badly, for her. She is determined not to make the same mistake again, nor to let down her new bosses. What she didn't count on was Callan/Jacob. He is a man suffering loss who
Sheryl
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Melissa Blue. This is book 3 from the Under The Kilt series by the author.

Callan Baird is all business and when an antique appraiser seeks his help he tries to still be all business but Victoria had a way of getting to him. Victoria Burke has been trying to get her reputation built back up after a disastrous letdown by her boss/boyfriend. Now she has no intentions of screwing up her job again and not for Callan Baird who is nothing
Kim
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You've got to love a book featuring a sexy, brooding Scotsman. Kilted for Pleasure is not just a sexy summer read, it's a story about two people who've given up on love and who are afraid to give themselves emotionally to one another. Instead of admitting what's in their hearts, they focus on pleasuring one another--even when they both know there's consequences. Fun, sexy and set in Scotland. Loved it!
Daniela
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking because Callen is still grieving for his wife. He doesn't want to want Victoria. Treats her like the other woman when he should say goodbye to his wife's grave and start living and loving again. Victoria has trouble trusting men. She was burned once. They were decieving themselves by ignoring their feelings. Its easier to enjoy the delicious sex then to admit you fell for the one you can't or won't have.
Jaime
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romance
This was the third book in the Under the Kilt series and it was my favorite. Callan is so wounded in the beginning of the story and it took firecracker Victoria to bring him back. The road to each other was never quite smooth and full of misunderstandings - but I loved reading their romance.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book and voluntarily provided this honest review.
Jessica
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it

Delightful. The funny banter, warm tone and complex characters more than made up for any plot or word choice quibbles I had. I would totally read more by this author.

Warning: insta-lust, grieving widower hero, and (view spoiler).
EruditeBirdy
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Callan Baird is a brooding, moody, man whom repairs antiques.
Victoria Burke makes him an offer.
He makes a counter offer.
She can't say no.
Now, they are destined to spend the next 2 months together.

What could go wrong, or oh, sigh, right ?

Ash
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stayed up too late reading this. A fun, sexy, lovely little distraction. I loved the Baird, he was an excellent secondary character.
Psycgirl
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty predictable, but enjoyable.
Sandi
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kilted

Another great book by Ms. Blue. 3rd in the series with more to come. I'm still just as impressed as I was by the first book. Recommend this to those who love this genre. I usually read a different genre but this series caught my attention and was thoroughly surprised by how interesting it is

• Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
  • The Stalking (Krewe of Hunters #29)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • E is for Evidence (Kinsey Millhone, #5)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Lethal Legacy (New York Confidential, #4)
  • Too Scot to Handle (Windham Brides, #2)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters #25)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • A Perfect Obsession (New York Confidential #2)
  • The Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters, #16)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
Melissa Blue's writing career started on a typewriter one month after her son was born. This would have been an idyllic situation for a writer if it had been 1985, not 2004. Eventually she upgraded to a computer. She's still typing away on the same computer, making imaginary people fall in love.

Other places you can find me:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorOfSMR
Tsu:

Under the Kilt (6 books)
  • Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)
  • Her Insatiable Scot (Under the Kilt, #2)
  • Kilt Tease (Under The Kilt, #4)
  • Scot Appeal (Under the Kilt, #5)
  • Dirty Sexy Scot (Under the Kilt, #6)