Start by marking “Truth or Dare” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare

How far is too far when it comes to the people you love?

Claire Casey hates being the centre of attention. But if it means getting Sef Malik to notice her, it’s a risk she’s happy to take. Sef is prepared to do anything to help his recently disabled brother. But this means putting Claire’s love – and life – on the line. Because when you're willing to risk everything, what
Published June 1st 2017 by Walker Books

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.
Zoe I didn't enjoy Remix nearly as much as Trouble, but I loved this one. I'd definitely recommend you give it a go!

Start your review of Truth or Dare
Whispering Stories
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claire Casey attends West Bridge High School, where one of the pupils, Kamran (Kam), a couple of years, above her has been brain damaged after falling from a bridge, into the river below.

As part of her Duke of Edinburgh award scheme, Claire has offered to help out in the local hospital for Neurodisability, where she will be reading to the patients. The hospital assigns her to Kam.

Kam’s brother Yousef (Sef), is struggling to come to terms with his brother’s transformation from an able bodied youn
Maddie
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.
It feels like it's been a long time since I finished a YA book, so I'm really happy to finally make progress with my YALC TBR!

As far as my feelings towards this book go...I'm not really sure that the whole flip book thing really worked for me. It made me feel disconnected to Sef as he was the second POV, and he didn't have anything profound to add to the scenes he shared with Claire. If it had been an alternating chapters story instead, I would have been way more invol
Bookphenomena (Micky)

TRUTH OR DARE has knocked my figurative socks off. I got a signed copy in my illumicrate and got round to reading it just now. The cover is interesting, the blurb too but the characters and context are so much more.

Sef and Claire are an unlikely friendship, drawn to partner in a project of their own making over Kam, Sef’s brother with a traumatic brain injury. Kam is present but subtly in the background of this story, however Kam’s experiences, the reality of his abilities/disabilities
Stacey (prettybooks)
Truth or Dare is one story told by two teenagers. Claire Casey volunteers to help Sef Malik create a YouTube channel in order to raise money for his older brother. Kam suffered a severe brain injury after falling into a river and the cost to provide support is astronomical. Sef feels emotionally powerless and fundraising is the only way he can manage the tragedy right now. Meanwhile, Claire's dealing with her own drama after a nip-slip video goes viral. Hanging out with Sef provides distraction ...more
Alessandra Crivelli
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

That moment when you grab a random book from an author that you really wanted to read without even read the plot and LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT!

I wanted to read a Non Pratt book since months now and when I have heard 'Truth or Dare' will be released in few weeks I had to pre-order it. I didn't even bother to read the plot and the story left me without words. WOW!

Truth or Dare is about Sef and Claire, two teenagers, who decide to open a youtube channel where they will accept every kind of 'tru
Kamalia
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked up Truth or Dare by Non Pratt because I was falling into a slump reading Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. I definitely made the right choice because i could easily get into the mood to read again with this book and managed to finish it within days. Despite some problems that I had with the book, overall i enjoyed the story and i'm rating it 4 out of 5 stars!

I liked that the first half of the book was in Claire Casey's point of view, and that you're supposed to flip the book a
Kirsty
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As I expected and hoped I adored this and found myself unable to put it down staying up long past my bedtime.

There are many reasons why I loved this book.

Firstly Non just gets teens and captures that teen voice perfectly. Her characters feel real and it is very easy to root for them from page one. I liked how it tackled ideas round the use of social media and role in has in modern society both positive and negative especially when the characters start up their youtube channel of truth and dares.
Lauren James
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ukya
Being friends with authors you admire is honestly one of the biggest joys of being a writer. Ahhhh. This is one of the best books about teenagers using social media I’ve read, and has the best character development ever. I still think about the shock of the point of view switch-over.
Bookread2day
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story isn't just for the young teenagers its for all ages. We can all learn from this fantastic tale.

Truth or Dare .

What truth must she face? One story two sides.

Part one Claire Casey

All I ever wanted was to be noticed. Now all I want is to disappear.

It's September. It's freezing in the school hall. Mr Chung stands up, clears his throat. Some of you will already know what happened over the summer when Kamran Malik fell into the Lay river. He went straight to hospital with suspected brain
Kayla
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
This tells the story of Sef and Claire as they do dare on the internet to raise money for Sef's brothers treatment to get better. These fares get out of hand and they must try and control it.
How far are they willing to go?

CHARACTERS-
The Characters were cool and interesting but not very memorable and I am not really attached or when I was reading the book, I didn't really care what happened to them. They were very interesting and cool though.

ROMANCE-
The romance was very very fast paced but it isn
Kara Babcock
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Non Pratt wrote another novel!!!

It has a gimmick that throws me back to the ’90s, but it’s fully a novel of the 2010s, fuelled as it is by the spectator society of YouTube eyeballs and the intricate liminal spaces teenagers negotiate between their online and offline identities.

It also has an aromantic and asexual character. I’m probably going to talk more about this than about the main plot of the novel, because hey, you can go ahead and read reviews from allo people about that.

Truth or Dare fol
Kelly
Truth or Dare is a marvellous read; it is fun yet gritty, full of love yet tinged with sadness. It had me hooked from beginning to end and I read the whole thing in just two sittings.

I loved pretty much everything about this book. I loved the messages it sends out to young people especially the importance of holding people accountable for their actions and not just accepting the way you are treated. I particularly loved the way in which Sef’s grief is dealt with. Although his brother is not dead
J. Taylor
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first time reading a flip book. I read it in alternating chapters of Sef's and Claire, sometimes skipping a chapter ahead so that the other pov matched up with the timing of the other pov as the two parts were in a linear narrative. And I would recommend that as sometimes one character would say something and if you were reading part one first then part 2 you might get confused on about what that character was talking about.
I just felt that reading one character's perspective and then flippi
Readers  Rule
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hey Readers,
I am in my car right now, coming back from a family trip, reviewing this book because I couldn't stop reading it. And now that I have read it, all I want is to talk about it.
*Spoiler free*
First of all, hats off to the author for bringing out such amazing characters through this book. And, for once, those characters from a fictional world seemed real.
The first part is from the POV of Claire aka Truth Girl. She is simple and introvert. Someone, who is real easy to relate with. Has lif
Michelle
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Truth or Dare was a book I have been eagerly awaiting its publication, and excited to make a start on it once it arrived in the post. But life got busy, and crazy, and stressful and I found it hard to even pick up a book, never mind open one to read. So I carried Truth or Dare with me everywhere I went, hoping I'd find some calmness to sit and read the book.

Truth or Dare is told in two points of view, with Claire's story first, before we flip the book to read Sef's. With Claire we get to know he
Emily
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: illumicrate
You know those books where you put them down and you find yourself thinking about them? This is one of those books. I was halfway through and almost got hit in the face by a tennis ball because I was thinking about this book.

The book is one story with two sides. Literally. I loved the way that you read Claire's side first then had to flip the book over to read Sef's side. Seeing the story from the two different perspectives really helped to understand where the characters were coming from and th
Harriet Springbett
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, well written story with excellent use of two voices to reveal parts of the character that we wouldn't otherwise have seen. The suspense was handled well, particularly the end of Claire's part, though I did find Sef's part a little too repetitive when there wasn't a major difference in the way he lived the same event as Claire. I found both characters realistic, particularly Sef with his hang-ups, and the way his feelings towards Claire changed over time (God, I hated him at the beg ...more
Rachel
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get my hands on Truth or Dare, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. This is a truly moving and cleverly told story of love in all its forms, and captured my heart from page one.

Non’s ability to capture the teenage voice is second to none, and it was a delight to see the same story seen from different perspectives. It really helped to understand where the characters were coming from, and why they made the choices they did. Thought provoking and emotional, Truth Or Dare
Fiona M
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 2.5
I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't get on with the characters. Claire was probably the better of the 2 main voices but I couldn't always get on board with what was happening.
I have a love/hate relationship with Non's books but at least I finished this one. (DNF Trouble but LOVED remix)
The ending helped a but as I actually felt a bit more emotion but otherwise it was just a bit too slow and all over the place for me.
Steph
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Moving. Important. Thrilling. Dangerous. Tense. Emotive. So many incredibly important quotes in this.
Mel
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually rate this book 4.5☆
*contains spoilers*

This book was so refreshingly unique. My thought process was all over the place and constantly changing while reading this book. My first thought was wow they're adorable together. Then I was like OMG SEF IS AN ASS WTF. But then we learnt his own fears and the darkness that was creeping over him, fill in in every crevice of his soul. And hat really made me feel for him. Here we have a boy, breaking at the seams but desperate to hide it. My favouri
Heather Withington
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - I was really drawn in by the concept of this book, with the same story being told from different perspectives. I have to say that the first half of the book was easier to read that the second, and I felt that I identified more with Claire than with Saf. I felt some sympathy for Saf but that didn't stop him being quite a nasty person at the start of his chapter and therefore throughout his story. I really REALLY did not like him and think that Claire deserved better.

The story with Saf
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Loved it. My eyes were stinging from I shed tears at the end
Rhia (rhiareads...)
See more reviews on my blog, rhiareads.

I'd like to get something off my chest: I do not like the flip book format. I do not see the point in it because it doesn't add anything to the story. In fact, stopping halfway into a book to turn it over and start again is disruptive to my reading process. As is having people ask you why you're reading your book upside down, or why you seem to have read the last half of the book first, or why your book has two fronts.

I have no problem with multiple POV st
Samantha
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I have read a few of Non Pratt's novels before and enjoyed them, when I found out she was releasing a new one which flips I couldn't wait to get started.

In part 1 we meet Claire, she hears about a dreadful accident over the summer, where Kamran fell into a river and have been in a coma, he has woken up, however is suspected to be brain damaged and will need thousands of pounds for treatment and care. Sef is Kam's brother and although he is grateful for the help the school is offering, he knows
Bex
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc-s
When Sef Malik's brother is involved in an accident which leaves him with a brain injury, Sef will do whatever it takes to raise money for his care. An important point to remember for this book of Truth or Dare (and one or two lies). Claire Casey will do anything she can to help him, even if that means being in the spotlight which she hates, because she adores Sef from a distance usually and this puts her right in his eye line. The perfect opportunity for him to HOPEFULLY fall for her. Sef and C ...more
Georgiana
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this novel, Non Pratt tackles some heavy issues, like neuro-disability or public shaming. The story has a dual perspective and a diverse set of characters. And I know that sometimes when authors attempt to put so much into a book, it can backfire. But not Non. (sorry for the stupid pun, I run on coffee and bad jokes)

After an accident leaves his brother disabled, Sef would do anything to help. So he decides to start a Youtube channel in order to raise money for his brother`s hospitalisation. B
Zarina
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review first appeared on my blog: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/201...

Claire and Sef are two high schoolers bonding together over making videos. Claire is a whizz with a camera and has mad editing skills, and Sef has a creative idea to start a YouTube channel, which he hopes will help raise money for the care of his brother who was left severely disabled after a car accident. Together with Claire he starts a channel where they do crazy but fun dares (and admit a few truths along the way), dr
Robin Stevens
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so proud of my partner in crime! This is another great novel from Non, about friendship, romance, family, truth - and of course plenty of dares, all wrapped up in a story about two kids who start their own YouTube channel and realise that it's changing their lives. 14+

Hollybooks
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a captivating book and has a brilliant plot. I wasn't very close to giving this book five stars but when you flip the book over to read from the main boy, Sef's p.o.v, it gets a little slow and unnecessary.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)
  • Movie Night
  • Super Awkward
  • Floored
  • Weird Girl and What's His Name
  • How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • The Stand-In
  • Alan Cole Is Not a Coward (Alan Cole, #1)
  • Am I Normal Yet? (The Spinster Club, #1)
  • Who Runs the World?
  • The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting
  • Glitter and Sparkle (Glitter and Sparkle, #1)
  • The Next Together (The Next Together, #1)
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • On a Scale of One to Ten
  • What's a Girl Gotta Do? (The Spinster Club, #3)
  • It Only Happens in the Movies
  • The QB Bad Boy and Me
Non Pratt started her career working on non-fiction activity books at Usborne, before becoming an editor at Catnip Publishing. Her debut novel TROUBLE shortlisted for the YA Book Prize and the Branford Boase Award, with rights sold to the USA, Germany and Brazil. Her second novel, REMIX came out in 2015 and a novella, UNBOXED for Barrington Stoke in 2016. Her third novel with Walker Books, TRUTH O ...more