Start by marking “For Every Child A Better World” as Want to Read:
For Every Child A Better World

For Every Child A Better World

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The familiar character of Kermit the Frog teaches young readers about the plight of young children who lack the basic human necessities and the efforts of the United Nations to provide such essentials as housing, water, food, and medical aid.
Published March 15th 1993 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about For Every Child A Better World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Every Child A Better World

AnnieM
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok I think this is one of the best books to describe these rather difficult concepts to any person regardless of age.

Thanks to the lady in Wisconsin for trying to ban it. I would have never found this book without her hard work.
Angela Choe
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"A picture tells a thousand words" is expressed clearly in this book. Here the words are not the focus, even though the book can be easily be read by a first grader. The pictures, on the other hand, are key. These images can show and teach children and adults about the hardships of life outside their own and known worlds. In this book, there are topics that even adults struggle to express, but this book effectively teaches understanding.

I can see why a person would want to ban this book, however
Samantha Mestnik
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I absolutely loved this book. This book, narrated by Kermit the Frog, introduces young children to the struggles and adversities other children in the work have to face. This book was challenged because a parent thought the pictures and topics were too intense for her kindergartener. Not only do I disagree with this parent 100%, I think this book should be read to every child. This book is very challenging, not in the level of difficulty but the topics that are brought up. There is a note to par ...more
Phelan
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I was a little kid, my mom read this book to me sometimes and I would read it on my own when I wanted to. I think that this is an incredibly important book that introduces complex and sometimes scary things, in a completely understandable and unforgettable way. I still remember some of the imagery from the book. I recommend this book to every parent who wants to explain to their kids topics that are difficult to understand, even as an adult.
Lisa Marie
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is all about creating awareness of the social dilemma of poverty all around the world. Although, the pages only have a few words each, the illustrations seem to elaborate for what the author chose not to express in words. This book is perfect to help students gain perspective of life, livelihood and what it means to live.
Emily Heideman
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I read this book because it was recently challenged in one of my neighboring communities--Marshfield, WI. I thought this book brought up difficult topics like war, poverty, hunger, etc. tactfully.
Jan 29, 2009 rated it did not like it
The motivations and idea behind this book are laudable. That being said, this is easily one of the books that, had I found it as a three-four-five year old, I would have been traumatized by. D:
Lafcadio
Jan 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Lafcadio by: Georgie
Shelves: jims-friends
Muppets should never be drawn, only photographed. Also, Kermit as pseudo-narrator? Totally unecessary.
Bethany Ruccolo