Start by marking “Short Fuse” as Want to Read:
Short Fuse

Short Fuse

Overweight and over-the-hill, Jason Miller was on the road to nowhere. With a minimum wage job and only Jason's cat, Leo, for companionship, bad goes to worse when Jason rear-ends a police car containing one very angry cop. Car totaled and about to receive a ticket that will cost a month's salary, Jason gets a lucky break when a brightly lit Christmas tree suddenly falls o ...more
Published April 14th 2015 by Leo Publishing, LLC.

To ask other readers questions about Short Fuse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Short Fuse

Start your review of Short Fuse
Michael Bode
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The novel is billed as a sci fi comedy, and the humor comes through the observations of the main character, Jason Miller, a grocery clerk who becomes abducted by aliens. The comedic elements are dry and witty. Seth never tries to hard to make a joke land, which shows impressive restraint when writing humor. It can't be funny all the time and it isn't.

The plot takes our hero from humble beginnings into a galactic war between two species: a race of technological slavers and a race of t
J.L.
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2017
Disclaimer: I acquired this novel at a convention through a book trade with the author, whom I consider a friend.

What an incredibly refreshing science fiction novel to find in a market that sometimes feels saturated with overly complex space opera and violence-infused military epics. Though this novel includes complex world-building and plenty of (sometimes violent) action and adventure, the tone and voice were a pleasure to immerse myself into.

Most of this has to do with
Shawn Remfrey
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cats are over done in cozy mysteries. I have begun to avoid books with cats like the plague. (not cats with the plague, avoidance of the plague) Because one of the main characters in this book happens to be of the feline variety, I nearly didn't pick it up and read it. I'm glad I changed my mind because I had so much fun!

There was a tremendous task with creating the aliens and species and presenting them in a way that was unique but still understandable. This task was finished with n
Sandra Behrens