Start by marking “Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5)

Through the Dark

(The Darkest Minds #1.5, 2.5, 3.6)

Don't miss this breathtaking collection of stories set in the world of the New York Times best-selling Darkest Minds trilogy. Featuring ebook original novellas In Time and Sparks Rise, and a gripping, brand-new novella, Through the Dark is a must-have for fans of the Darkest Minds. This collection contains three novellas: In Time, Sparks Rise, and Beyond the Night, as well ...more
Published October 6th 2015 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Through the Dark, please sign up.
Alexandra Bracken Not the collection title (that would have been really confusing for everyone, believe me). The novella sentence is: In time, sparks rise beyond the…moreNot the collection title (that would have been really confusing for everyone, believe me). The novella sentence is: In time, sparks rise beyond the night. :)(less)

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
These novellas are AMAZING! Alex is great at writing short stories.

I specifically loved the last novella "Beyond the Night" SO FREAKING GOOD. It answered so many of the questions that I had after finishing In the Afterlight.

Glad I picked this up!
Emma
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh god. WHAT. A. BOOK. I cried A LOT. Even if these novellas aren't that long, they are just perfect and I was an emotional wreck, believe me. Every novella was pure gold and the new characters are so unique and different. I can't help but admire Bracken's writing style.

I was SCREAMING when out of no where MY SWEET BBY LIAM CAME BACK. (Okay, I think I was screaming AND sobbing.) He is such a sweetheart and this book just made me love him even more if that's even possible. I hadn't even realized
ambsreads
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Review for 3.5 -

Definitely not the strongest of the stories in this series. It felt weak and slightly undeveloped. Of course I was curious about Mia, Sam and Lucas - and seeing the gang rocked - but this story fell flat for me. It didn't answer the questions I wanted answered nor did it provide that great of an insight on the world after book 3 which just leaves me with more questions. I would still recommend this if you read 2.5 and enjoyed it though!
Rache
“We will move forward as one, and in time, rise like sparks beyond the night.”

I’d forgotten how much I missed this series and its characters and the writing, and everything.

That last novella was necessary, because In The Afterlight left me incomplete and with so many questions. Beyond The Night gives you a peek at what’s happening a few weeks after the ending of the series. It’s told in Sam and Mia’s (Lucas’ little sister) POV and yes, you get to see the series’ main characters again!
Cole,
Katie
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this collection of novellas! I liked that we got to see some different perspectives during The Darkest Minds (but away from Ruby and the main story), as well as seeing how the world was changing and adapting after the last book ended.

While I liked In Time, Sparks Rise and Beyond the Night are what really made this book worth it. I felt that while it was nice getting Gabe's perspective in In Time, which was so drastically different as he was not one of the kids with powers, he wa
Ferdy

Liked the first two stories, but the last one was terrible, it was far too boring and bleak and did a bad job in wrapping up the series. Mia's POV was rubbish, she was insufferable and dull, and Sam was no better she turned into a weak, uninteresting doormat.
Lauren
Wow…

I’m speechless…

Alexandra Bracken really knows how to write novellas. I only read Beyond the Night right now because I read the other two before. In Time and Sparks Rise were both heartbreaking and so was Beyond the Night. The writing is beautiful and I constantly felt all these emotions that engulfed me all at once. This bind-up of novellas was truly beautiful and amazing. Beyond the Night cleared up so many things and everything after the series makes so much more sense.

This entire series
alexandra ling
i've missed the gang so much; this book is PERFECT. i'm surprised at how much i cherished this book since they're novella told from new/supporting characters. nontheless, alexandra bracken's writing and storytelling is golden. thank you thank you thank you for adding more depth to this world and keeping the characters alive :'''''-)
Valentina
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely don't want to say goodbye to these characters so I'm going to pretend I haven't finished this book and that there will be 317 more books with them. Also @alexandrabracken you have this amazing thing.. you can make me the happiest human being ever and then you can crush my soul the page after. Don't be proud of it u made me cry so hard I'll never forgive u
Pinky
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that this book came out, I wanted to get it so badly. I haven't finished Winter, which is part of yet another series I love. And I haven't got the chance to read The Stolen Chapters, my most anticipated read of 2016! There are so many books but so little time. I really want to catch up because I am scared I am going to be spoiled and I want to discuss the books with others.

Everyone talks about all of these books and I want to join in because...

“We will move forward as one, and in
Theresa
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra Bracken is legit my favorite author. She is so talented and can I please just BE HER. Her characters are phenomenal and her descriptions and style are amazing. She can create such a fleshed out and colorful world for her readers that is really incredible. She is an amazing story teller. These novellas were so great, and this world she created for TDM has been expanded perfectly. Anyone who read TDM series should pick this book up, it is so so great.
Cameron Cassidy
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting! thoroughly enjoyed!
Anneli
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The novellas are so beautifully written, I couldn’t stop reading.
mahana (moved accounts)
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler)
Vathna Dany
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It will grow as we bring others in, as we bring the lost ones together again, gather up the embers scattered from the same fire. One day, we will ignite and create a blaze that no one can put out, ignore, hurt. We will move forward as one, and in time, rise like sparks beyond the night.

In Time: 2/5
Sparks Rise: 4/5
Beyond the Night: 5/5
Susy
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
In Time 4 stars
Loved Zu's story, what you can mean in somebody's life just by believing in them and not giving up. Very sad end though :'(

Sparks Rise 4.5 stars
You just have to read it for yourself. Extremely sad story. (view spoiler) :''(

Beyond the Night 3.5 stars
Hmm, not a bad story but I just didn't like Sam (who to me felt like a Ruby-clone) and Mia (who came across as way younger than she was. And I mean, we all sometimes act like a child, but it
Kori (_livelaughread)
Shelves: library-books
A really great read! My favorite novella out of here is: Sparks Rises!(:
Emily
May 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
This is really exciting!! I'm really happy she's writing that last novella I think it's needed
Isabel
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

Wow.

Honestly.

I had already read In Time (#1.5) and Sparks Rise (#2.5) before this, but wow. Beyond the Night (#3.5) is really something special.

I don't know how to make this review extra special but I feel like it needs to be. This series is so important to me and I love it so much, but this is the end and as much as that makes me sad, I'm also glad that it ended with Beyond the Night. It's closure, it's answered questions, and it wraps the series up nicely.

And sure, you can get away with j
N Yen
The last one. Beyond The Night.
Natalie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As my best friend responded to this book: ALL HAIL ALEXANDRA BRACKEN. SHE HAS TEARED ME APART AND SEWED ME BACK TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN.

I cried so much reading these novellas. So much. The Darkest Minds is my absolute favorite series that holds so many dear emotions close to my heart, so reading about my favorite people again and the people around them just tore me apart. I laughed, I criiiiiied, and I just thoroughly enjoyed this. This band of characters will always, ALWAYS have a special place in
Kirstysbookishworld
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-rating
This broke my heart. Repaired it and then broke it again! That last story with Sam and Ruby and urg my heart cannot take it.

What I love about these Novellas is they’re actually important to the overall plot of the main series and added a lay of love and complexity to an amazing story.

My only Criticism is that it was very blocked writing. Almost always inner dialogue without any actually dialogue so it did make these stories almost feel longer than the series! But I think that’s more personal ta
Chesca
Through The Dark: A Darkest Minds Collection is the compilation of all the three novellas of The Darkest Minds series. It contains In Time, Sparks Rise, and the very exclusive to this bunch: Beyond the Night.

This collection is genius! In this book, we get to see different areas of struggles for different people in the world of The Darkest Minds.

In Time
I think In Time is really short. It focuses on the life of Gabe, a young man who aspires to be a skip-tracer, who met Zu, a yellow, along his w
Alyssa
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm giving away a copy of this book over at my blog!

IN TIME 3 stars

It’s been a long time since I’ve last been immersed in Bracken’s THE DARKEST MINDS, but I came back to this series like an old friend. This collection of novellas made me realize how much I missed her writing style and how easy it is to slip into the worlds she creates.

IN TIME introduces a funny, sort of sarcastic main character I can relate to. He can be a little annoying at first because he isn’t exactly off to do good thin
Chelsea
I’m not exactly what you’d call a novella person. I read them very rarely, but I enjoy a novella bind up every once in a while. I’m not exactly Alexandra Bracken biggest fan, as while I enjoyed a lot of aspects from The Darkest Minds I felt like the last two books in that series were pretty meh. I do really love the world created within those books, and I think Bracken did a fantastic job exploring this brutal dystopian world through short stories.

In Time—4 stars: Damnnnnn… This novella was by
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Yes, it's happiness on my face, can't you tell?
Allison
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The fact that this book is about side or unknown characters does nothing to diminish it. Alexandra Bracken manages to make you fall in love with these characters and then proceeds to rip your heart out over them. Great extension of the series!
Marcella
Jun 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD YAY!!!!! Another novella whoop whoop! And can I say this novella was very necessary! There were a lot of loose ties in In The Afterlight and this was one of them being tied up in a hopefully pretty bow

• The Color of Grace
  • The Color of Rain
  • The Hidden Prince (The Orphan Queen, #0.1)
  • The Fear Trials (The Murder Complex, #0.5)
  • One Small Step ... :A #LoveOzYA Short Story
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Catching a Fallen Starr
  • Losing It
  • Rocked in the Dark (Rocked, #7)
  • Dangerous Games (Mind Games, #1.5)
  • Other Worlds
  • Ignited (Unclaimed, #2)
  • Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • Hearken
  • Played (Altered, #3.5)
  • Shadow of Flame (Dragonsworn, #2)
  • Restoration (Razorland, #2.5)
Hi! I'm Alex and I write books. Please note that I don't respond to messages here on GoodReads. Please send me a note on twitter (@alexbracken) on on Tumblr (alexandrabracken.tumblr.com). xx A

The Darkest Minds (4 books)
  • The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4)
“We will move forward as one, and in time, rise like sparks beyond the night.” 30 likes
“But we are stronger for what's happened to us. I am stronger, even if I couldn't see it at first. We have been given the gift of understanding that we can come through struggle and pain. We have built new families in place of the ones that cast us out. We have learned that life is one journey, and the purpose is not to reach some treasure at the end of it, but to find the courage to decide which paths to take, who to travel with, and to let things fall into place as they should and will.” 22 likes