Jump to ratings and reviews
To be re-released in 2017

Sometimes the answers you get aren’t what you asked.The world can tilt a bit and throw you off balance, just enough that you have to stop and make some adjustments. Kelsey comes home to find out her entire life and everything she thought she knew is a lie. When her world spins out of control and flips in more directions then she could ever count, she struggles to right it again.

245 pages, Kindle Edition

Published April 26, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jacqueline Paige

34 books118 followers
Jacqueline is a multi-published author of 'all things paranormal'. Her book list proves this is her niche with stories of witches, ghosts, psychics, shifters, and more now on the shelves. Her current genres are paranormal romance, paranormal fantasy, and paranormal romantic suspense.

Her books are available in many formats around the globe, including book/reading apps. Since adding them during the pandemic, her books have had over a million reads and her 'to be written' list is growing longer each day. She can't write fast enough.

Jacqueline began her writing career in 2006 (as a joke) and her first book was published in 2009. She hasn't stopped since then. She is an avid reader and will read 'anything with words', whether it's a novel, article, or even every sign she passes.

Jacqueline lives in Ontario, Canada in a small town that's part of the popular Georgian Triangle area. Even though she can see the mountains, she does not ski.

When she’s not in one of her writing worlds, she spends time with her grand-monsters. She has nine of them (so far) and looks forward to corrupting them in the years to come.

Jacqueline loves to hear from her readers, you can find her at

Jacqueline also writes under the pseudonym of J. Risk

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (6%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Maghon Thomas.
1,269 reviews1 follower
September 26, 2015
I really liked this one. I haven't read book one, but I didn't have any trouble at all. Though I now want to go backwards and read book one, just because. :) LOL And it's got a little bit of everything for everyone. Drama, romance, paranormal, suspense. See, everyone likes something. I've read a few things by this author and she has such a unique voice when writing. And I love how she creates her own rules with paranormals. And this one threw our main character for a loop.

Kelsey was an interesting main character. She's well written, though she has a mind blowing event, she picks herself up and does what she needs to do. She's likable and relatable, which always makes it better when trying to connect with your main character. Especially since Tiger shifters and their world differ a whole bunch from your typical humans. And it just wouldn't be quite as good if we can't have a nice alpha male to sweep her off her feet when the going gets tough :)

I love how this author builds her worlds of paranormal. It's so intriguing. Everything flows well, and it's not so complicated that you're trying to figure it out so much as just enjoying the book. All of the characters are well written as well. I now know I need to go backwards, and I have to read book one, because I know it'll make me love this series even more. And I definitely want book three! :) 5 TIGER PAWS!!!
Profile Image for Ann Ellis.
171 reviews38 followers
May 6, 2015
"Scent (Book 2 of the Animal Trilogy)"
by Jacqueline Paige
4.5 FANGS

I am an independent reviewer for 'Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock'. I received this book from the author and from 'Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock'. This is my honest review.

This is book II of the Animal Scent Trilogy. It can be read as a stand alone but to understand some of the characters 'history' it's best to begin with the first book "Heart."

The author days a wonderful job creating a paranormal romance that is interesting a bit unique to other shifter mythos. Her characters are primarily tiger shifters. The protagonists are interesting strong chapters. The secondary characters are also intriguing and show a great deal of depth.

The writing is concise and it drags the reader into the world of shifters as the lead female learns of her heritage as a tiger shifter and how her relationship with others is effected by the physical and mental changes she is going through. She learns about herself and others she come into contact with.

This is an enjoyable fast paced novel. Well worth the time to read. I recommend this book to those that enjoy shifter romance, drama and suspense.
Profile Image for CoffeeTimeRomance andMore.
2,045 reviews168 followers
September 24, 2015
enjoyed reading the writing of Ms. Page. I found the story dragged a little with Kelsey’s inability to be mature and accept what fate has in store for her. I loved Gage as he is the ultimate alpha, but Kelsey’s character left a lot to be desired. Once the storyline got past her issues the book fairly flew and I look forward to the other stories. I do not believe three books are going to be enough to satisfy an avid paranormal reader. There are just too many interesting characters in the story and deciding which one you want to read above all others is a difficult choice.
Delane
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Official Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.