Start by marking “The One Year Home and Garden Devotions” as Want to Read:
The One Year Home and Garden Devotions

The One Year Home and Garden Devotions

The One Year Home and Garden Devotions offers an encouraging, applicable, sometimes humorous, and always personal word each day for contemporary women of all ages who delight in being busy at home. The devotions are written in first person, offering transparency and personal life lessons like the following:

“There is something poignant and meaningful about upcycling an
Published October 1st 2015 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc (first published September 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The One Year Home and Garden Devotions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Year Home and Garden Devotions

Start your review of The One Year Home and Garden Devotions
Jamie
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I’m so excited to share this devotional with you because it was written by one of my absolute favorite historical fiction authors and not only do I think it’s an incredibly encouraging devotional, I love getting to support my author friends in different writing adventures!

This is a wonderful devotional! Even if you aren’t talented when it comes to gardening (say, like the author of this blog), you’ll still enjoy it. Each month kicks off with something fun for the house (and you also have the
Dawn Kinzer
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Over the years I’ve purchased, received, and given away a lot of devotionals, but this one has fast become my all-time favorite.

Written in a warm and friendly tone, The One Year Home & Garden Devotions by Sandra Byrd is filled with inspiring and sometimes humorous anecdotes about the author’s personal experiences in the home and garden.

I think it was a fun and clever idea to start each month with one of the following: a household tip (example: how to make scented linen water), ideas for
Debbie
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great devotional! Whether she's pruning lilacs in her backyard, sharing a story about her dog, or reminiscing about her children, Sandra Byrd invites you in for a generous helping of spiritual insight and encouragement. She's funny, down-to-earth, and transparent as she shows us that God is with us even in everyday moments at home.
Patty
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this devotional for the title alone. I enjoy working on our house inside and out, along with our property, which includes flower and produce gardens. I was pleasantly surprised that it not only deals with the physical home but with the people and emotions that live inside. Sandra relates everyday stories from her life that make the daily devotion feel like a friend sharing the ups and downs that have given them a closer relationship with God. The recipes/tips at the beginning of each new ...more
Monica Albright
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic daily devotional. I read it nightly before I went to bed. I really enjoyed the monthly ideas and the honesty and reality in the writing. I've always enjoyed Sandra Byrd's books. This though is not a work of fiction. It is a true daily encounter with Byrd-but more so, with God. I can't even count the times when I've shared an inspiration or prayer with a friend from this devotional. If you are looking for a manageable daily devotion with tips for your home and garden, this is it.
Sally
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books-read
What a pleasant surprise in this devotional book! I've read many types of devotional books over the last 40 years and I look forward to opening my book and seeing what is in store for me today. I like the style, content, occasional humor that a woman of any age can enjoy and learn from reading this book. It's a natural way to draw close to God in relating to our lives concerning our homes, gardens, raising a family and being a godly woman.
Erin
Jan 14, 2016 added it
I've been reading though The One Year Home and Garden Devotions since the first of January. What drew me to this book was the fact it mentions the word garden and home in the title. I adore gardening and I'm striving to be a better homemaker. I figured a book (especially a Christ-centered devotional) revolving around these two aspects would be a the perfect read with plenty of practical applications for someone like me.

The start of each month, begins with an offering. The offering could be a
Elizabeth
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Each month starts out with a recipe, household tip, or gardening hint. Daily you'll read a Bible Verse and then get a glimpse into Byrd's life with a story, reflection, or life lesson. Whether it is about friendship, gardening, homemaking, marriage, or life - you'll feel encouraged to go about your day with a little refreshment and see things with new eyes.

Just by flipping through this I am really looking forward to making it a part of my morning devotions! (This book was given to me by
Kristina Seleshanko
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a uniquely refreshing devotional, written in a friendly style. Sandra (Can I call her that? 'Cause after reading this book, she feels kind of like a friend.) offers up short, one-page-a-day stories - stories most every woman can relate to because they focus on the small, everyday things in life - each leading to a spiritual truth. I can really see this book as a great gift for the ladies in my life, too.
Julie
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish Sandra were my neighbor!

Short devotions tied to the author's home, garden, family, and vocation. A neighborly familiar tone invites the reader to enjoy more than one daily devotion!
Christine
Emily
Jan 23, 2017
Elaine
Jan 24, 2017
Bestselling author Sandra Byrd has published fifty books over her editing and writing career. Her traditionally published books include titles by Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster, Tyndale House Publishers, WaterBrook Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House, and Bethany House Publishers.

Sandra’s series of historically sound Gothic romances launched with the best-selling Mist of