Start by marking “Angelborn” as Want to Read:
Angelborn

Angelborn (Angelborn Cycle #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Maia

It's hard to be normal when you see the dead everywhere. So I gave up. I just focus on staying out of their way. But the guy haunting my roommate is different. He’s impossible to ignore, and now other people can see him too.

He says my roommate is the only one who can save him from an eternity of torment. But one night he follows me into my nightmare and rescues me fro
Published April 29th 2015 by Heartspell Media (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Angelborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelborn

D.L. Smith-Lee
So first thing's first.

description

Jesse Williams as Caleb..PERFECT!

I must say there are very few stories I've ever read that I immediately enjoyed. Firstly, I'm a fan of angels, fallen angels, Nephilim, and the like so I was enthralled by the concept of Nephilim children who are not born of a union between male angels and female humans but female angels and male humans (Angelborn).
I love the fact that this is a paranormal romance that does not rely on the faux bad boy cliché, which those of us who have re
N.D.
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Beautiful

A wonderful story. I enjoyed it immensely - the characters, main and supporting, the narrative, the emotions, the fantastical elements and descriptions. Well written and conceptualized, simply beautiful storytelling in a sweet, short novella.
Shealea
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Read the entire review @ That Bookshelf Bitch!

Before anything else, I received a digital copy of this book (via NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, L. Penelope and Heartspell Media!

Angelborn is a standalone paranormal novel with a relatively short length of approximately 40,000 words. In this story, there are two kinds of Nephilim, or children who are half-human and half-angel: angelborn (born from an angel mother) and humanborn (born from a human mother). Humanborn Nephilim
Kim
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written novella! What happens when a halfling angel falls in love with a human but is unable to bind with her soul? In Caleb's case, it lands him in the Wasteland, a dark place where those with no soul wait for the rare chance to get a new soul. But Caleb escapes and goes in search of the soul of the woman he loves--a soul that's been reincarnated in the body of Genna, a college student whose modern sensibilities confuse Caleb.

And then there is Maia, Genna's roommate, who is
Natshane
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Astounding.

Angelborn is the kind of book that you just can't seem to forget about. The cover, the world building and the characters are all so uniquely and artistically crafted, it's a masterpiece on their own.

I've read a lot of angel/demons related books, from the infamous Hush Hush series to the Fallen series, while I love how those authors portrayed angels as kickass heroes, Caleb was on a whole different level. I fell in love from the start!

It's fantastic that I get to read about a black
Jericho
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Deva
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

This is going to sound weird but ... I hated the book. Still ... I highly recommend it.

Caleb is angelborn (half angel ... human father) and without a soul. Many years before, he and his soulmate died before she could share her soul with his. That sent him to the Wasteland. He ends up escaping thanks to a friend I hope to see in book 2. Anyway ... His friend gives him the current name of the reborn soul he's looking for and he finds out she's a st
EbonyMonae
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A good read. I wish it could be a little longer. I haven't read a good angel paranormal in a long time. This is the first book I have read by the author I will read more. She did a good job. Read this book won't be disappointed.

Happy Reading!!
Stephanie White
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Caution I do spoil the book in my review :)
Constance Burris
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Such a great story. Characters Maia and Caleb were so well done and fleshed out. The writing was immaculate. I was so sad when it ended. I hope the author releases a sequel soon.
Dani St Clair
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars (rounded to 4 stars)

Altered from review posted on Romancing the Social Sciences

I'm mourning the fact that Angelborn was a novella and not a full-length novel - the format left me feeling like I accidentally got an appetizer instead of a main meal. I'm still hungry and that's a testament to Angelborn, really. It was SO GOOD, but it all got wrapped up too quickly and I never really got to know the hero as much as I'd like and the epilogue was too short and now I want to cry.

Angelborn w
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Angelborn will take you into a world of wonder, of halfling angels, soul mates, and a young woman who really does see dead people.. all the time.

Caleb is a halfling angel – his father was human. As a halfling he had no soul, until he could find his soul mate and she would share her soul with him making him complete. But Caleb’s soul mate died before she could share with him and now Caleb has been sent to the Wastelands to stay or to wait for the chance to return and
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Woohoo! This book was great - I loved it!I love a good paranormal book, especially one that's original and fun. This one had all that and a slight touch of evil to it, just to make it even more fun.

There was excellent character development! I loved Maia! Absolutely loved her. And of course one thing I loved about Maia was her snarky attitude! You know I love a character with snark. I wasn't too sure about Caleb, but did end up liking him too. And then there is another scary character thrown in t
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Novellas are always difficult. They either rush the romance, or leave me wanting more. I felt like this novella had a bit of both. I would have liked the novella to be longer so I could have connected with the characters more. I didn't dislike any of the characters, but they didn't really stand out either. They were all a little bland. I definitely would have enjoyed seeing more development of all the characters.

I thought the plot of this book was very interesting. The paranormal aspect really a
Mstcat
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Angelborn isn't a very long book, but what it lacks in length it makes up for in storytelling and creativity. I haven't mentioned covers in awhile, but it was the beauty of this cover that first captured my attention, followed by the many positive reviews. Typically, wealth of positive reviews isn't always a selling point for me, but in this case, Angelborn met the hype head on and survived!

The story offers a unique twist on angels and centers around two people - Caleb who is a half angel, and M
omightykaye
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Daniela
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I first read the blurb for 'Angelborn' by L. Penelope I was not sure whether to read it or not. Previous reading experiences with books about Angels were a bit hit and miss, but seeing as this is only a short novel I decided to go for it. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised and even would have liked the book to be longer!
Maia is girl who keeps to herself. Everywhere she turns, she can see the ghosts of dead people who never moved on and it is often not easy to distinguish between the
This books
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got to say when I first started reading Angelborn, I didn't know if I was going to get along with the story but when I got some more insight on what was going on I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In Angelborn you get to read about the past and present, within doing so you get to learn so much more about the characters. The character's are well established and very likeable.

Maia is hunted, everywhere she looks she's greeted by lost souls or ghosts if you will. Maia is socially awkward, she keeps hersel
Monica
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is Everythang! Full of interesting characters that are fresh and unique, a story that is unlike any that I have read, and fun. I couldn't put this book down and really rooted for the antagonists to win.

The good:
Maia. Such an amazing heroine full of complexities that draw you to her like a moth to a flame. She feels genuine, I felt her pain and wanted her to get a win.
Well developed plot with the right amount of emotion and action.
Caleb. Despite myself I liked him. he is good and honest
Nana Prah
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I finished this book I bought book two of the series, Angelfall. I couldn’t believe how good it was. I love a great paranormal and I definitely got one. The romance between Maia and Caleb was amazing, subtle until it wasn’t anymore. I enjoyed the growth and complexity of Maia and how she learned to deal with her gift and gave so selfishly of herself. Oh the power of love.

Although Maia has a dark personality because of what she’s gone through in life, she brings quite a bit of humor to
Re8ecca
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable. I wasn't sure what to expect as PNR has been letting me down lately, but this was refreshing and different and I really liked it! I'll avoid spoilers, but I have to say the take on angels and soul mates is something you likely haven't seen before and I really appreciated the author not going for the easy old tropes and instead bringing something new and interesting to the table. I love a bad boy, so Helix was my man, but Caleb stole my heart, too. Maia was a heroine I wou ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2016
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a great story! This is very different to anything I've read and I was highly engrossed with the characters.

I was rooting for Maia the whole way. Her life was so tragic with the ability to see the dead and then to fall for a halfling who was a soulmate to another was heartbreaking. I was so intrigued to find out how it would all come together in the end. I'm so glad to find out Wren has his own story just because I want to read mor
Jackie O'Donnell
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! At first when I started reading it I wasn't sure if I would like it. But the way this author weaved the story through the characters had me racing through the book to see what would happen next. It is a love story with a mixture of adventure as well as a bit of mystery. Caleb and Maia will take flight inside you and make you long for more. If you didn't believe in angels this book will make you second guess yourself. I can not wait to read Wren's story! I was given a free ...more
Manee Stewart
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another work of art!!

L. Penelope has done it again!! She has become my favorite author. Angleborn was pure perfection from the very beginning! Her story was believable and beautifully breath taking! I couldn't put it down!! I loved this one just as much as I love her Earthsong series and I'm impatiently waiting for the next in both series!!! PLEASE HURRY MRS. PENELOPE!!!! UR KILLING ME!!
Natacha
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, paranormal
I read this amazing book in just one sitting very late last night AND I REGRET NOTHING.

So many feels in so little time.
I loved everything about this book AND I had no idea how it was going to end and that was almost a first for me.

The characters were well-written (Caleb is soulmate goals to be honest and Maia is my antisocial best friend in my head) and my only critic is that I could have read the story for 200 more pages. I just couldn't put it down.

Belfemn
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished it in less then 24 hours

So this book was a surprise. I was starting to get use to how the current paranormal mix because just about very author had the same mixture. Yet this book was different it had me hooked from the first page to the last page. Did not disappoint at all.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

With a refreshing take on angel lore and the concept of soul mates, “Angelborn" offered solid world-building.

Read full review in the 2016 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Salju January
4,5 stars

(I get this arc from NetGalley)

A story about an angel, fallen angel, and or nephilim.. sign me in. I really enjoyed reading this books. The story hooked me until the last page. Why oh why this is just a novella. Because it’s short. Need more Caleb and Maia.
Kimberly
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insanely good

Other than the above caption I don't know else to say about this book. This is a must have in any library. I hope this author has more books.
Ash
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please create new series 2 18 Apr 01, 2016 07:26PM
Leslye Penelope believes love is magic and likes her romance with a healthy dose of imagination. She's been writing since she could hold a pen and is the author of new adult, fantasy and paranormal romance with multicultural characters.

After living on both coasts, she settled in Maryland with her husband and their furry dependents: an eighty-pound lap dog and an aspiring feral cat. Sign up for new
More about L. Penelope...

Angelborn Cycle (2 books)
  • Angelfall