Start by marking “Angelborn (The Eternal Flame #1)” as Want to Read:
Angelborn (The Eternal Flame #1)

Angelborn

(Angelborn Cycle #1)

He gave up eternity for love… and lost. Will she be his second chance?

Maia sees dead people. Since she can't distinguish them from the living, she ignores everyone in order to appear sane. But the ghost haunting her roommate breaks through her hardened shell. Not only does he claim to not be dead, he makes her feel things she never has before—dangerous feelings for a man
Published April 29th 2015 by Heartspell Media (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Angelborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelborn

Start your review of Angelborn (The Eternal Flame #1)
D.L. Smith-Lee
So first thing's first.

description

Jesse Williams as Caleb..PERFECT!

I must say there are very few stories I've ever read that I immediately enjoyed. Firstly, I'm a fan of angels, fallen angels, Nephilim, and the like so I was enthralled by the concept of Nephilim children who are not born of a union between male angels and female humans but female angels and male humans (Angelborn).
I love the fact that this is a paranormal romance that does not rely on the faux bad boy cliché, which those of us who have re
N.D.
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Beautiful

A wonderful story. I enjoyed it immensely - the characters, main and supporting, the narrative, the emotions, the fantastical elements and descriptions. Well written and conceptualized, simply beautiful storytelling in a sweet, short novella.
Rachel Annie
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
(3.25-3.5 Stars)

Maia, the heroine, has had a difficult life because of her abilities and has understandably grown quite withdrawn. She's an interesting, imperfect, and sympathetic character. You feel for her and root for her because of everything she's been through.

I did like this book and I especially enjoyed the last 10%, though the very end felt somewhat abrupt. However, I think I would've liked it more as an Urban Fantasy, or more likely a Supernatural Suspense with the focus being on Maia
Shealea
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the entire review @ That Bookshelf Bitch!

Before anything else, I received a digital copy of this book (via NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, L. Penelope and Heartspell Media!

Angelborn is a standalone paranormal novel with a relatively short length of approximately 40,000 words. In this story, there are two kinds of Nephilim, or children who are half-human and half-angel: angelborn (born from an angel mother) and humanborn (born from a human mother). Humanborn Nephilim
Kim
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written novella! What happens when a halfling angel falls in love with a human but is unable to bind with her soul? In Caleb's case, it lands him in the Wasteland, a dark place where those with no soul wait for the rare chance to get a new soul. But Caleb escapes and goes in search of the soul of the woman he loves--a soul that's been reincarnated in the body of Genna, a college student whose modern sensibilities confuse Caleb.

And then there is Maia, Genna's roommate, who is
Natshane
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Astounding.

Angelborn is the kind of book that you just can't seem to forget about. The cover, the world building and the characters are all so uniquely and artistically crafted, it's a masterpiece on their own.

I've read a lot of angel/demons related books, from the infamous Hush Hush series to the Fallen series, while I love how those authors portrayed angels as kickass heroes, Caleb was on a whole different level. I fell in love from the start!

It's fantastic that I get to read about a black
jericho
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Deva
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

This is going to sound weird but ... I hated the book. Still ... I highly recommend it.

Caleb is angelborn (half angel ... human father) and without a soul. Many years before, he and his soulmate died before she could share her soul with his. That sent him to the Wasteland. He ends up escaping thanks to a friend I hope to see in book 2. Anyway ... His friend gives him the current name of the reborn soul he's looking for and he finds out she's a st
EbonyMonae
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A good read. I wish it could be a little longer. I haven't read a good angel paranormal in a long time. This is the first book I have read by the author I will read more. She did a good job. Read this book won't be disappointed.

Happy Reading!!
Constance Burris
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Such a great story. Characters Maia and Caleb were so well done and fleshed out. The writing was immaculate. I was so sad when it ended. I hope the author releases a sequel soon.
Mystie
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Started reading the blurb on storybundle, and before day's end I finished the book. This is a delightful twist on the usual boy meets girl. I will not spoil it for you, but the story building sucks you in and things do not go as planned. Which always makes the best stories...right? Try this author, you will not be disappointed.
Yvette Saafir
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book, it was refreshing in every way. The author is an excellent story teller. It literally had me on the edge of my seat all the way to the end. So for those of you who loves fantasy books this is the one for you.
Sharon
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars... I liked this more than I thought I would!
Julia971
I liked this sweet fantasy romance.

Here is the link to my booktrailer:
KeLaBee
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good

Loved the story, the characters & the twist at the end.
Can't wait to read book 2! I definitely recommend.
Quiqui
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in one day

Short easy read. Need more sex lol. But I totally enjoyed. I read it in one day it felt like a novella
Dani St Clair
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars (rounded to 4 stars)

Altered from review posted on Romancing the Social Sciences

I'm mourning the fact that Angelborn was a novella and not a full-length novel - the format left me feeling like I accidentally got an appetizer instead of a main meal. I'm still hungry and that's a testament to Angelborn, really. It was SO GOOD, but it all got wrapped up too quickly and I never really got to know the hero as much as I'd like and the epilogue was too short and now I want to cry.

Angelborn w
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Angelborn will take you into a world of wonder, of halfling angels, soul mates, and a young woman who really does see dead people.. all the time.

Caleb is a halfling angel – his father was human. As a halfling he had no soul, until he could find his soul mate and she would share her soul with him making him complete. But Caleb’s soul mate died before she could share with him and now Caleb has been sent to the Wastelands to stay or to wait for the chance to return and
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Woohoo! This book was great - I loved it!I love a good paranormal book, especially one that's original and fun. This one had all that and a slight touch of evil to it, just to make it even more fun.

There was excellent character development! I loved Maia! Absolutely loved her. And of course one thing I loved about Maia was her snarky attitude! You know I love a character with snark. I wasn't too sure about Caleb, but did end up liking him too. And then there is another scary character thrown in t
Miranda
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Novellas are always difficult. They either rush the romance, or leave me wanting more. I felt like this novella had a bit of both. I would have liked the novella to be longer so I could have connected with the characters more. I didn't dislike any of the characters, but they didn't really stand out either. They were all a little bland. I definitely would have enjoyed seeing more development of all the characters.

I thought the plot of this book was very interesting. The paranormal aspect really a
Mstcat
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Angelborn isn't a very long book, but what it lacks in length it makes up for in storytelling and creativity. I haven't mentioned covers in awhile, but it was the beauty of this cover that first captured my attention, followed by the many positive reviews. Typically, wealth of positive reviews isn't always a selling point for me, but in this case, Angelborn met the hype head on and survived!

The story offers a unique twist on angels and centers around two people - Caleb who is a half angel, and M
Daniela
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I first read the blurb for 'Angelborn' by L. Penelope I was not sure whether to read it or not. Previous reading experiences with books about Angels were a bit hit and miss, but seeing as this is only a short novel I decided to go for it. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised and even would have liked the book to be longer!
Maia is girl who keeps to herself. Everywhere she turns, she can see the ghosts of dead people who never moved on and it is often not easy to distinguish between the
Monica
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is Everythang! Full of interesting characters that are fresh and unique, a story that is unlike any that I have read, and fun. I couldn't put this book down and really rooted for the antagonists to win.

The good:
Maia. Such an amazing heroine full of complexities that draw you to her like a moth to a flame. She feels genuine, I felt her pain and wanted her to get a win.
Well developed plot with the right amount of emotion and action.
Caleb. Despite myself I liked him. he is good and honest
This books
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got to say when I first started reading Angelborn, I didn't know if I was going to get along with the story but when I got some more insight on what was going on I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In Angelborn you get to read about the past and present, within doing so you get to learn so much more about the characters. The character's are well established and very likeable.

Maia is hunted, everywhere she looks she's greeted by lost souls or ghosts if you will. Maia is socially awkward, she keeps hersel
PerishTheThought
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable. I wasn't sure what to expect as PNR has been letting me down lately, but this was refreshing and different and I really liked it! I'll avoid spoilers, but I have to say the take on angels and soul mates is something you likely haven't seen before and I really appreciated the author not going for the easy old tropes and instead bringing something new and interesting to the table. I love a bad boy, so Helix was my man, but Caleb stole my heart, too. Maia was a heroine I wou ...more
Nana Prah
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I finished this book I bought book two of the series, Angelfall. I couldn’t believe how good it was. I love a great paranormal and I definitely got one. The romance between Maia and Caleb was amazing, subtle until it wasn’t anymore. I enjoyed the growth and complexity of Maia and how she learned to deal with her gift and gave so selfishly of herself. Oh the power of love.

Although Maia has a dark personality because of what she’s gone through in life, she brings quite a bit of humor to
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a great story! This is very different to anything I've read and I was highly engrossed with the characters.

I was rooting for Maia the whole way. Her life was so tragic with the ability to see the dead and then to fall for a halfling who was a soulmate to another was heartbreaking. I was so intrigued to find out how it would all come together in the end. I'm so glad to find out Wren has his own story just because I want to read mor
Jackie O'Donnell
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! At first when I started reading it I wasn't sure if I would like it. But the way this author weaved the story through the characters had me racing through the book to see what would happen next. It is a love story with a mixture of adventure as well as a bit of mystery. Caleb and Maia will take flight inside you and make you long for more. If you didn't believe in angels this book will make you second guess yourself. I can not wait to read Wren's story! I was given a free ...more
Nine
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, paranormal
I read this amazing book in just one sitting very late last night AND I REGRET NOTHING.

So many feels in so little time.
I loved everything about this book AND I had no idea how it was going to end and that was almost a first for me.

The characters were well-written (Caleb is soulmate goals to be honest and Maia is my antisocial best friend in my head) and my only critic is that I could have read the story for 200 more pages. I just couldn't put it down.

Manee' Jacob
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another work of art!!

L. Penelope has done it again!! She has become my favorite author. Angleborn was pure perfection from the very beginning! Her story was believable and beautifully breath taking! I couldn't put it down!! I loved this one just as much as I love her Earthsong series and I'm impatiently waiting for the next in both series!!! PLEASE HURRY MRS. PENELOPE!!!! UR KILLING ME!!
Goodreads Librari...: Please create new series 2 18 Apr 01, 2016 07:26PM

• A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Queen of the Conquered (Islands of Blood and Storm, #1)
  • Deviation (The Sophisticates, #1)
  • Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)
  • Filler Friend
  • Quiet, Please!
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • One Was Lost
  • The Fixer (The Fixer #1)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy, #1)
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
Leslye Penelope has been writing since she could hold a pen and loves getting lost in the worlds in her head. She is an award-winning author of fantasy and paranormal romance.

She was born in the Bronx, just after the birth of hip hop, but left before she could acquire an accent. Equally left and right-brained, she studied Film at Howard University and minored in Computer Science. This led to a gr

Angelborn Cycle (2 books)
  • Angelfall (The Eternal Flame #2)

News & Interviews