Start by marking “A Fate Worse than Death” as Want to Read:
A Fate Worse than Death

A Fate Worse than Death

Jimmy Clarenden’s last case didn’t end well. Cut down in a hail of bullets, he’s now found himself at the Pearly Gates. Jimmy is no saint, so he’s stunned to learn he’s been summoned by God to take on a highly sensitive job. God’s son (the other one) has gone missing and it’s up to Jimmy to crack the case.

His investigations lead him to an unlikely cast of suspects — femme
Published April 10th 2015 by Booktrope

To ask other readers questions about A Fate Worse than Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fate Worse than Death

Cathy Speight
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It saddens me to say that Jonathan Gould just can’t deliver………………………fast enough! No sooner have I finished one book by Gould, I'm eagerly waiting for the next.

A new book by this author is one I have to get on to my Kindle at lightning speed, and it always comes with a guarantee: I know it’s going to be well written, entertaining and an utterly satisfying read. This is the seventh book I’ve read by this author and is equally as quirky, imaginative and witty as the others.

Here we have a second-ra
Tahlia Newland
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I've read most of Mr Gould's books and have always enjoyed his quirky style and insightful stories. This book, a detective story set in heaven, is also enjoyable and the characters of God, Peter and the angels are suitably quirky for a Gould novel and would also fit well in a Monty Python skit. The plot is simple; the detective is employed by God to find his other son, Phil, who has disappeared. The detective discovers that things are not as they appear and he uncovers some surprising relationsh ...more
Susan
Mar 21, 2017
Teri
is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2018
Jonathan Gould has lived in Melbourne, Australia all his life, except when he hasn’t. He has written comedy sketches for both the theatre and radio, as well as several published children’s books for the educational market.

He likes to refer to his stories as dag-lit because they don’t easily fit into recognisable genres (dag is Australian slang for a person who is unfashionable and doesn’t follow t