Start by marking “Extremes” as Want to Read:
Extremes

Extremes

(Scientific Method Universe #8)

A mole, a biopsy, a weekend of waiting for test results. Hugh's worried, Will's desperate, and Truman's just trying to keep it together for a few more days. Things get a little extreme.

Warnings: The lads play hard in this story. There's a lot less "revisiting consent" than usual. It's an intense read, y'all.

Extremes is 28,000 words long. This story is part of the
Published June 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Extremes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extremes

Start your review of Extremes
Cat M
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and incredibly intense.

These stories are never easy or lightly kinky, but this one in particular is heavy on the sadism and consent-play. And does both oh-so-well.

The heart though is, as usual, the characters and their feelings for and about each other. In this case that's a lot of love and trust, but also fear and jealousy. And that feels right and true too.
S.A. Crow
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, queer
I may have cried during this one.

Oh, I want this in print, I want to be able to pick it up and read and reread again and again until I have bits memorized. Just crack me open and tear at my heart, Kris.

Thank god for the New Year's stories, I don't think I could have taken this thinking it was the last I would see them.
Anna
Aug 22, 2017 added it
The title pretty much says it all.

I very much enjoyed this one.
Sheryl Beesley
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a perfect short story follow up to some of my favorite book characters...

Love me some Will, Hugh and Truman!!!
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, mm, bdsm-d-s

I really feel like I'll never get tired reading about these guys. Here, things in their lives take a little more serious turn, and with it, their level of "play." These guys are all so in tune to each other, it is just a joy to watch, not matter what level they are at.

I love that we finally see some twinges of jealousy, even if they are only in the moment and easily overcome. There is no question how much these three mean to each other and how integral a part each of them play in the
Linz
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I adored this latest Will/Hugh/Truman episode. This writer always finds deeper layers to this fascinating relationship and the characters are just as fresh as eight books ago. More vulnerability, more hot sex, more everything. And the 'supporting cast' are nearly as interesting as the main players. A little Eddie and Nick are always welcome. Now waiting impatiently for the next glimpse into the extraordinary Will, Hugh and Truman.
Lotta
I might actually have to go back and read this again very soon. You need to have read the other books in the Scientific Method Universe, but if you have, this book is so rewarding. Will and the boyfriends play hard, but mostly because the emotional load is so intense. It's shorter book, borderline novella.

This book takes place after The New Born Year, which I am reading now.
piranha
I am sorry; this is the only book by Kris Ripper I have ever hated. It's very much not my cup of tea, humiliation BDSM grosses me out, and I had to skip over much of it. I won't rate it for that reason because it's not that anything is wrong with the writing, and it's also not a case of BDSM done very wrong; it's just an total anti-kink for me.
Mel

Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, dark-erotic, m-m
Cleo
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Believe the warning re consent. In fact, I'd go further and say there are a couple points that really felt like non-con/dub-con to me.

I've read most of this series - I don't exactly love it but I am addicted to it. (I discovered Kris Ripper through the Queers of LaVista series and compared to that, TSM is a lot more uneven w/r/t writing and character development, because this is an earlier series).

Don't read this as a stand alone. You really need the many previous books worth of trust built up
Pernilla
Oh, boy. Oh, boy. Reading this series sometimes feels like being in a relationship, and this was like feeling it sway and shift beneath your feet. This is where things go a bit deep and dark, and some things crack open. I kept it together until I turned the last page, and there was a note by the author that started, "How're you doing? You okay?" And that's where I lost it.
AltogetherTrue
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-erotica
What an intense read. I suspect I may increase my rating on this one when I next read it, but for now I’m feeling a little too bruised to rate it as one of my favourites. Beautifully written.
Rachel Reid
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truman! Hugh! Will! Why are you all determined to destroy me??!!

God this series is good.
Terri Jones
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one's what it says on the tin, wherein we visit all three minds and some serious fear. I loved it.
Joseph Tonlet
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, d-s, gfy, mmm
Very enjoyable!
The Neighbor
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-e-book
Without giving away any spoilers, this book was amazing. It took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I purchased it almost on the Stroke of Midnight June 4th right as it was released. I finished it at 3:15 AM. I could not put it down. The whole book revolves around Hugh, Truman, & Will with the rest of the extended "Reynold's Family" mixed in for moral support. Take Hugh's shrink kink and Will's intimacy kink add a giant dose of fear and the result is another incredible installment in ...more
Jane Harper
milky way
Feb 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• For Real (Spires, #3)
  • Penric's Fox (Penric and Desdemona, #5)
  • The Prisoner of Limnos (Penric and Desdemona, #6)
  • Band Sinister
  • Unfit to Print
  • Hainted
  • Small Change (Small Change, #1)
  • Mira's Last Dance (Penric and Desdemona, #4)
  • Penric’s Mission (Penric and Desdemona, #3)
  • Penric and the Shaman (Penric and Desdemona, #2)
  • Penric's Demon (Penric and Desdemona, #1)
  • Wanted, A Gentleman
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • The Omega Objection (San Andreas Shifters, #2)
  • It Takes Two to Tumble (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #1)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • Zero Hour
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
Kris Ripper lives in the great state of California and zir pronouns are ze/zir. Kris shares a converted garage with a kid, can do two pull-ups in a row, and can write backwards. (No, really.) Ze has been writing fiction since ze learned how to write, and boring zir stuffed animals with stories long before that.

Scientific Method Universe (9 books)
  • Catalysts: The Scientific Method
  • Unexpected Gifts
  • Take Three Breaths
  • Breaking Down
  • Roller Coasters
  • The Boyfriends Tie the Knot
  • The Honeymoon
  • Untrue (Scientific Method Universe #9)