Start by marking “Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)

Muse of Nightmares

(Strange the Dreamer #2)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  7,103 Ratings  ·  1,824 Reviews
Sarai has lived and breathed nightmares since she was six years old.

She believed she knew every horror and was beyond surprise.

She was wrong.

In the wake of tragedy, neither Lazlo nor Sarai are who they were before. One a god, the other a ghost, they struggle to grasp the new boundaries of their selves as dark-minded Minya holds them hostage, intent on vengeance against Wee
Published October 2nd 2018 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Muse of Nightmares, please sign up.
MP Her website says it will be a duology: " You may recall, when [Strange the Dreamer] was initially announced, that the title was given as "The Muse of…moreHer website says it will be a duology: " You may recall, when [Strange the Dreamer] was initially announced, that the title was given as "The Muse of Nightmares." Well, I still love that title too, and am happy to say that it will serve as the sequel to this book, which has morphed, in the writing, into a duology. A duet. A pair. A one-two punch." (less)
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,288 books — 4,666 voters
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,034 books — 4,948 voters

More lists with this book...

Em (RunawayWithDreamthieves)
This book holds more wonder and beauty than most places in the world. It’s as if the universe decided that it was tired of being so immense, so it compressed all of its complexity and splendor into a smaller form just so it could make everyone around it feel like they were a part of the stars.

This whole experience already feels so far away—like something out of a dream—and the whole of my being is wrapped around so much fondness and aching love for this series. I genuinely wish I could find some
Melanie

ARC provided by Hachette in exchange for an honest review.

1.) Strange the Dreamer ★★★★★

“I would have chosen you, if they had let me choose.”

Strange the Dreamer was my favorite book of 2017, and Muse of Nightmares is probably going to be my favorite book of 2018. These two books just bring so much love into my heart, and so much hope into my soul. I have no word combinations to ever begin to describe how much this book meant to me, or to do a review worthy of it, but I am going to try.

“Sar
Emily May
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc, 2018
Good little girls don’t kill. They die.
And Minya was not a good little girl.

I know a lot of us were expecting Muse of Nightmares to be good, but I have to say, this book actually exceeded my expectations. I have a lump in my throat and I can't stop thinking about it. I usually spend time making detailed notes while reading a book but, at one point, I opened Notes on my computer just to type "oh fucking god, this is so good".

No spoilers, of course. The beginning opens by introducing us to two n
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
11-1-18 Look what came today! I already showed Strange the Dreamer but I got Muse of Nightmares too through Illumicrate with Silver Sprayed Edges to go with the front of the book. A dream journal, beautiful art work and a letter from the author and signed editions. Just keep them coming! ♥

Do y'all like my funko pop I made of Sarai? I would liked to have made a better one but it's okay =)

Listened to the audible first thing. I can't even right now!! I love Laini Taylor!! God, this book. More thoug
Hannah
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolute perfection
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I am in awe of Laini Taylor's ability to craft such a magical world, beautiful characters and fascinating plots. I loved every minute of this journey, and now that I've finished, I'm just so impressed by how the author tied up this series. WOW indeed.

Now to reread this series again!
Shreya (☆High Lady of The Night Court☆)

This is one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. I am always mesmerized by how much emotion a single word can carry and Laini Taylor has honed that skill to perfection. Her writing is truly divine. Every time I read one of her books I never fail to notice that she uses words so perfectly that not a single phrase could have been written any better. Every sen
Kat Kennedy
May 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
The need is real. So very real.
Warda
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
This is how I woke up feeling this morning.

description

I thought I could not review Strange the Dreamer properly because of how much I loved that book and though I did kinda manage to review it, I’m not even going to try with this one.

My mind is exhausted. Laini Taylor had a field day with it and I am wiped. The reading experience I had with these books could be summed up in two words: healing and spiritual.

I can’t wait to revisit this world and all it encompassed, but that’s for another time. When I thin
C.G. Drews
I'm pretty sure Laini Taylor books just exist to capture and devour your entire SOUL AND IMAGINATION. I just went on such a wild adventure omg, I feel acTUALLY DRAINED. Like this duology has totally filled my creative well. I am heart eyes and my heart so so full and !!!! my emotions are just !!! which is exactly how a professionally reviewer would summarise a book.

!!!!

So this takes off basically seconds after Strange The Dreamer ends. Who needs to pause for breathe. No you don't. You get tosse
chloe ✨
2nd read: Oct 2018 (audiobook)
Ugh I just love this series SO MUCH.

1st read: Sep 2018
THIS WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE AND MORE. It honestly feels like my heart is going to explode. I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!! It's pure ✨ MAGIC

Thank you so much to Hachette Australia for providing me with a copy!
jessica
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘once upon a time there was a silence that dreamed of becoming a song, and then i found you, and now everything is music.’

i am so enchanted with this story, which lives and breathes magic. ‘muse of nightmares’ is the inspiration for dreams and the home of beauty. it is the sequel i have been desperately waiting for.

my love for ‘strange the dreamer’ came entirely from lazlo. he was such a delight. a reader, a dreamer, a man after my own heart. i loved following him on his journey and seeing hi
Hannah Greendale

Once upon a time, there was a silence that dreamed of becoming a song, and then I found you, and now everything is music.*

An aching, sumptuous, harrowing book. Muse of Nightmares is an exquisite dance of monsters and goddesses, mystery and romance, witchlight and wonder.

More thoughts to come in my June Wrap Up. :D
*Note: Quote taken from an advanced reading copy.
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)

WHEN DID THIS GET A COVER AND WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME??

Purple and silver are literally my favorite colors and this book will now match most of my wardrobe and my bedroom walls and this pleases me greatly.

ALSO A RELEASE DATE
I AM DECEASED

-----------------------------
description

Can we at least get a release date so I know how long I will be suffering?
❄️Nani❄️
4.5⭐

There’re two things I wish could have been rewritten. Aside from that, Laini Taylor, I’m in awe.
Lily ☁️
When your most anticipated read of 2018 actually lives up to all your high expectations, and you still feel its traces of beauty and wonder on every surface of your mind and soul, long after you’ve finished reading it.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
If the UK cover isn't this exact shade of purple but in matte, I'm setting something on fire

*added several months later*

narrator: it was not, in fact, purple
Tatiana
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ppb, 2018, ya, fantasy, favorites
A glorious fantasy, full of pain, heartbreak, redemption and love. Possibly slightly undermined by a too neat ending? I haven't quite decided yet.

This is how you write a sequel - you introduce a set of new intriguing characters with an expansive history of their own, and link their journey with the story of Weep, and make the whole thing 10 times fuller and more brutal.

Frankly, I hadn't been super excited to go back to the conflict at the end of Strange the Dreamer. Lazlo/Minya standoff felt mor
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Omg that cover and blurb! Happy Valentine’s Day indeed!
Hamad
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

🌟 I feel that the above quote describes my feelings toward this book, after so many disappointments this year, this book comes to change everything to music.

🌟 There are good writers who has good writing styles but are not very good plotters (I have a certain author I like in
Bibi
I've been waiting months for this sequel, and at some point, my son and I both synced October 2, 2018, on our calendars, as "D day".

I. Kid. You. Not.

So, it was no surprise to ANYONE ( except for hubby who actually thought we could have a meaningful conversation today *snorts*) that I've been glued to this mesmerizing and brilliantly crafted book, which appears to be even more perfect than its predecessor.

Mind effing blown!
Gavin
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya-books
Laini Taylor has developed into one of my favourite authors over the years so I always go into her books with massively high expectations. The good news is that if anything Muse of Nightmares exceeded my super high expectations and was everything I was wishing it would be and then a bit more! This series is YA fantasy romance done to perfection! The story is fantastic and packed full of likeable and interesting characters and imaginative magic all told in a beautiful and engaging writing style.

T
Fares
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE, humans, animals, aliens and bacteria
Shelves: favorites
This is why I love books.
This here. This freakishly beautiful book is an actual physical representation of everything I love about reading and books.
I swear my heart grew wings and flew out of my chest.
Dear god, I'm so in love right now!
Right now I'm in one of those, what to do with my life now moments.
I'm absolutely and utterly at a loss for words.
Please, please please for whatever you hold dear in your life, read this book, I beg you. I'll do anything if it gets you to read this.

And Goodreads
Phrynne
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isn't it good when the sequel is every bit as good as the first book. Strange the Dreamer was perfect and Muse of Nightmares does not let it down.

Probably the most amazing part is the world Laini Taylor has created which just gets better and better as this book progresses. The town they call Weep whose real name has been erased from memory, the citadel made in the form of a Seraph, mesarthium, the metal which Lazlo can form into anything and the blue gods. All so good.

The characters too are wond
may ➹
Feb 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
if I still can’t unsee how “Nightmares” is more squished than the other words, I’m taking everyone down with me
Elise (TheBookishActress)
we have a blu-urb and OCTOBER SECOND WOO BOY💃🏻

FUN FACT TIME: here's a Laini Taylor interview confirming that this series was set in the universe of Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

// Strange the Dreamer - ★★★★
Lena
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel as if my insides have been torn apart, only for that ending to fill me with a happiness so profound I can’t seem to stop smiling...
*wipes tears* I want my ice cream now.
What a gem. Truly.

Full review to come!
Thanks again to the best bookstore in the world, RJ Julia’s in Madison, CT for providing me with this most precious ARC, you guys made my year with this as it was one of my most anticipated reads in 2018!
Tweebs♥️ (semi-hiatus)
"what did you do for Valentine's day?"

me: i cried over a cover
also me: but i had chocolate
Fables&Wren
Nov 05, 2017 is currently reading it
And there it is.. a cover.. and it's... beautiful... I'm a little weirded out because it doesn't match really with the theme of the first one.. but I am going to go with it and still appreciate how pretty it is <3

- - -

HI LOOK WAIT A RELEASE DATE!!!!! Ahhhhh!

- - -

Update: the 2018 is gone from the release date and now it can release in like 2099 and we would all be dead not knowing if this ends happily or not and I can’t I won’t I will not I need this book WHEN DOES IT COME OUT I CANT EVEN P
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Untitled (Stolen Crowns, #1)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1)
  • Fire and Heist
  • Twilight of the Gods
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1)
Hi! I write fantasy books. My latest is STRANGE THE DREAMER, about a young librarian, a mythic lost city, and the half-human children of murdered gods. Check it out :-) Before that I wrote the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE trilogy, which has been translated into 32 languages. It's about a blue-haired art student raised by monsters, a broken angel, and a war that has raged for 1000 years in another ...more

Strange the Dreamer (2 books)
  • Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)
“Once upon a time there was a silence that dreamed of becoming a song, and then I found you, and now everything is music.” 54 likes
“There comes a certain point with a hope or a dream, when you either give it up or give up everything else. And if you choose the dream, if you keep on going, then you can never quit, because it's all you are.” 35 likes